How to choose a travel writing class
Looking to build your writing skillset, learn more about your genre, or finally finish that travel article you’ve been working on? You’re in the right place. That’s why we built this directory of the best creative writing courses.
However, creative writing classes aren’t one size fit all. If you’re planning to join a travel writing class in particular, you’ll want to make sure that it matches what you’re seeking to learn about travel writing.
So make sure to consider the following questions when you’re researching travel writing courses:
- Who is the instructor? How many years of experience do they have in travel writing?
- Is there something in particular you’d like to learn about travel writing? Does this course include it?
- How long is the course, and where is it taught?
- How much does the travel writing course cost? Does it fit into your budget?
More travel writing resources
Whether you’re a new or established author, there are always evergreen resources out there to how to get a headstart on travel writing.
Free online materials
- 12 Types of Travel Writing Everyone Should Know (blog post)
- How to Write a Novel (blog post)
- How to Edit a Book (blog post)
- How to Write a Book Proposal (blog post)