How to choose a legal writing class
Looking to build your writing skillset, learn more about your genre, or finally finish that legal book you’ve been working on? You’re in the right place. That’s why we built this directory of the best creative writing courses.
However, creative writing classes aren’t one size fit all. If you’re planning to join a legal writing class in particular, you’ll want to make sure that it matches what you’re seeking to learn about the legal writing.
So make sure to consider the following questions when you’re researching legal writing courses:
- Who is the instructor? How many years of experience do they have in legal writing?
- Is there something in particular you’d like to learn about legal writing? Does this course include it?
- How long is the course, and where is it taught?
- How much does the legal writing course cost? Does it fit into your budget?
More legal writing resources
Whether you’re a new or established author, there are always evergreen resources out there to how to get a headstart on legal writing.
Free online materials
- Creative Writing Prompts (resource)
- Short Stories (resource)
- How to Write a Novel (blog post)
- How to Edit a Book (blog post)
- For writers in the UK: Writers' & Artists' Yearbook
- For writers in the US: Writer’s Market 2020