How to choose a fiction writing class
Looking to build your writing skillset, learn more about your genre, or finally finish that fiction book you’ve been working on? You’re in the right place. That’s why we built this directory of the best writing courses.
However, creative writing classes aren’t one size fit all. If you’re planning to join a fiction writing class in particular, you’ll want to make sure that it matches what you’re seeking to learn about fiction writing.
So make sure to consider the following questions when you’re researching fiction writing courses:
- Who is the instructor? How many years of experience do they have in fiction writing?
- Is there something in particular you’d like to learn about writing fiction? Does this course include it?
- How long is the course, and where is it taught?
- How much does the fiction writing course cost? Does it fit into your budget?
More fiction writing resources
Whether you’re a new or established author, there are always evergreen resources out there to how to get a headstart on fiction writing.
Free online materials
- Creative Writing Prompts (resource)
- How to Self-Publish a Book (blog post)
- How to Publish a Novel (blog post)
- How to Edit a Book (blog post)
- For writers in the UK: Writers' & Artists' Yearbook
- For writers in the US: Writer’s Market 2020