How to choose a magazine writing class
Looking to build your writing skillset, learn more about your genre, or finally finish that magazine article you’ve been working on? You’re in the right place. That’s why we built this directory of the best creative writing courses.
However, creative writing classes aren’t one size fit all. If you’re planning to join a magazine writing class in particular, you’ll want to make sure that it matches what you’re seeking to learn about writing for magazines.
So make sure to consider the following questions when you’re researching magazine writing courses:
- Who is the instructor? How many years of experience do they have in writing for magazines?
- Is there something in particular you’d like to learn about writing for magazines? Does this course include it?
- How long is the course, and where is it taught?
- How much does the magazine writing course cost? Does it fit into your budget?
More magazine writing resources
Whether you’re a new or established author, there are always evergreen resources out there to how to get a headstart on writing for magazines.
Free online materials
- How to Write a Novel (blog post)
- How to Edit a Book (blog post)
- How to Write a Book Proposal (blog post)
- For writers in the UK: Writers' & Artists' Yearbook
- For writers in the US: Writer’s Market 2020