How to choose a food writing class
Looking to build your writing skillset, learn more about your genre, or finally finish that food article you’ve been working on? You’re in the right place. That’s why we built this directory of the best writing courses.
However, creative writing classes aren’t one size fit all. If you’re planning to join a food writing class in particular, you’ll want to make sure that it matches what you’re seeking to learn about food writing.
So make sure to consider the following questions when you’re researching food writing courses:
- Who is the instructor? How many years of experience do they have in food writing?
- Is there something in particular you’d like to learn about food writing? Does this course include it?
- How long is the course, and where is it taught?
- How much does the food writing course cost? Does it fit into your budget?
More food writing resources
Whether you’re a new or established author, there are always evergreen resources out there to how to get a headstart on food writing.
Free online materials
- How to Write a Cookbook (blog post)
- How to Write a Book Proposal (blog post)
- Best Cookbook Literary Agents (Resource)
- For writers in the UK: Writers' & Artists' Yearbook
- For writers in the US: Writer’s Market 2020