How to choose a nonfiction writing class
Looking to build your writing skillset, learn more about your genre, or finally finish that nonfiction book you’ve been working on? You’re in the right place. That’s why we built this directory of the best writing courses.
However, creative writing classes aren’t one size fit all. If you’re planning to join a nonfiction writing class in particular, you’ll want to make sure that it matches what you’re seeking to learn about nonfiction writing.
So make sure to consider the following questions when you’re researching nonfiction writing courses:
- Who is the instructor? How many years of experience do they have in nonfiction writing?
- Is there something in particular you’d like to learn about nonfiction writing? Does this course include it?
- How long is the course, and where is it taught?
- How much does the nonfiction writing course cost? Does it fit into your budget?
More technical writing resources
Whether you’re a new or established author, there are always evergreen resources out there to how to get a headstart on nonfiction writing.
Free online materials
- How to Write a Nonfiction Book (blog post)
- How to Write a Book Proposal (blog post)
- How to Edit a Book (blog post)
- 100+ Literary Agents Seeking Nonfiction Submissions (resource)
- Top Nonfiction Book Publishers (resource)