Itazura (PREQUEL TO ATRG)

Submitted into Contest #87 in response to: Write about a mischievous pixie or trickster god.... view prompt

138 comments

Fantasy Funny

Ah, April.

Time for some pranks. Hehe.

My name is Gray the Trickster God, and Iโ€™m here to bring you some fun! So sit back, relax, actually donโ€™t because thereโ€™s a spider behind you-

Ha. Got ya.

Now enjoy this wonderful story!

he he he~

I see an endearing girl, with braids swinging in the spring breeze. She is wearing a flowery dress, with vivid colors and flashy earrings that hang from her earlobes. I catch a whiff of her mango-scented shampoo and get a sneaky idea.

Hey little girl, you're dressed really pretty, and it would be a shame if someone accidentally dumped a jug of water on your headโ€ฆ

โ€œAAAAAAAHHHH!โ€

I tried hard not to explode with laughter at the sight of the soaking girl, clutching at her earrings and looking for the source of the water, which she would never find, of course.

You might think Iโ€™m a bit cruel, or something. But trust me. This is my job. My job is to spread mischief worldwide, and every day. And it gets better. Way better.

*eViL LauGh*

Ah, another innocent boy, running down the streetsโ€ฆ

I weave around the motorcycles with ease, and catch up to the huffing boy without breaking a sweat.

In his arms, I see three ice creams: one chocolate, one vanilla, and one mint flavored one.

What?ย  None for me? This calls for a punishment!

I laugh to myself and, using my expert aim, lob a banana peel at the floorโ€ฆ

โ€œWoah!โ€

The boy somersaults in midair, then does- I kid you not- the splits on the floor, the ice cream splattering right on his head.

Well, he certainly did the banana splits. I think, shaking with silent laughter again.

Now, being a trickster god isnโ€™t only fun. You have to run around, learning and honing your aim, practice shapeshifting,ย  and you also have to master turning invisible. Luckily, I am experienced in all of these areas to provide you readers with maximum comedic relief.

My next victim is the easiest one yet, as she is sleeping under a tree when I find her.

I notice her perfect mascara, her bright lipstick and her eyeshadow, and suddenly devise an evil planโ€ฆ

Taking out a brush, I mix yellow and blue together, and paint her face partly green.ย  Then I mix her lipstick into brown eyeliner. Her eyeshadow turns red, and her blush turns black. I then add a cup of water to make her seem like a monster, with the dripping makeup and the lipstick looking like fangs. Jumping into the trees, I prod her with a stick and she wakes up.

โ€œWHAT IS WRONG WITH MY FACEEEE!!โ€

People who are close enough to see it either start sniggering or pull out their phone to post a photo of the ruined-makeup woman. One boy even mock-screams and pretends to faint at the sight of her.

She starts ranting, and I race to find my next victim.

A-ha. A perfect victim. Whatโ€™s more perfect than a well dressed businessman on his way to work?

I canโ€™t start pranking him yet; I have to wait for the perfect moment to prank him, where people with a sliver of humor will seeโ€ฆ

Around alleys, across streets, downtown. When will he ever reach his workplace?

He hikes around a park and finally, FINALLY reaches to open the doorโ€ฆ

In a flash, I snap my fingers and the door bursts open, and he is pummeled with pies and whipped cream. I then turn into a small boy, and shout:

โ€œMishter, ya just got pied!โ€

Everyone turned around to see a little boy pointing at a very shell-shocked man.

Their reaction was similar to the makeup woman, albeit with more pointing and shrieks of laughter.

I turn and run down the street, delighting in the sounds of laughterโ€ฆ

Pranked people POV:

โ€œI CANโ€™T BELIEVE HE RUINED MY DRESS!โ€

โ€œThatโ€™s nothing. He made me late for a meeting and also made me drop all of my ice creams!โ€

โ€œI AM RUINED! LOOK AT MY FACE!โ€

โ€œLady, calm down. He embarrassed me in front of the mayor! How else is- Oh yeesh, he really pranked you!โ€

The four victims were gathered at the business manโ€™s house after the pranks to swear revenge on the trickster inhabiting the city. They had heard of him, but they had never gotten pranked until this day.

โ€œWell, if he wants to prank us, weโ€™ll prank him! Get bananas, weights, pies, salt, milk, ANYTHING that we can use to prank him back!โ€

The four nodded and began to move.

!st attempt:(Back to trickster god POV)

Iโ€™m so boredโ€ฆ

After pranking those people, Iโ€™ve wandered around town, looking for places to cause trouble, but had no luck so far.

I duck down to pick a flower, slowly smoothing out itโ€™s petals. Then I hear a THONG!

โ€œDang it, I was so close-โ€

Whipping around, I see the girl I dumped water all over frozen in a standing position, and then look at the thing she threw.

Ah, a weight. Classic pranking material. Jokes on her though. I reached for the flower and avoided the weight in time!

โ€œAhaha, you amatuer! Lemme show you a real prank!โ€

I snapped my fingers, and two cannons appeared, shooting cream at her.

โ€œAIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!โ€

โ€œThatโ€™ll show you!โ€

Ugh. Hopefully the next prank is a little better.

2nd attempt:

Ah, the perks of being able to fly.

As I move around the clouds, I notice a kite.ย 

Not just any kite though.

It keeps on following me, as if itโ€™s living, and itโ€™s getting closer to me!ย 

I look down and see the banana-split boy, grinning as he thinks about the kite tangling me up.

โ€œNot today, banana boy!โ€

He looks up in shock as he sees the kite flying back to him, and crumples as the kite slams him into the floor.

What a foolish attempt. Geez, people are weird.

3rd attemptย 

I walk toย  the tree where I pranked that woman with the melted monster face, stretching out and yawning as I prepared to take a nice long napโ€ฆ

โ€œHIYAAA-โ€

I quickly open my eyes and jump over the woman, wondering if this is a bad dream.ย 

โ€œDonโ€™t be too loud when attacking! See, I avoided your-.โ€

Seriously. These people are using my own things against me.ย 

I rip the banana peel off my face, and send it splat in the middle of her face.

โ€œOH COME ON YOU-โ€

Well, that woman can swear better than the dumped water girl.

4th attempt (final hehe-)

This is suspicious. No attacks for quite a while.

I shapeshift into a young boy, and walk down the park again, grumbling a little because the monster makeup interrupted my nap.

โ€œUgh, when did a fun day become so blah! No victims, everyone is gone, and I really canโ€™t find those four!!โ€

Well, I guess Iโ€™ll take a nap here.

By the way, I donโ€™t just have this much fun on April 1st. Usually I prank people, but just small pranks. But sometimes, they can go viral. Ah, I love chaos.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

What was that?

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Wait a second.

DRIP. DRIP. DRIP.

Smash.

(Author note: Iโ€™ll try to describe this!)

Well, I think I may have overreacted a bit.

The dumped water girl was feebly stirring for the remains of a giant pie that had splattered everywhere, throwing rainbow shaving cream and live birds droppings on everyoneโ€™s face, except mine.

The banana split boy was bombarded with even more bananas. He lay on a mashed banana throne, and was groaning as he felt his head. The bananas stuck to him like a couple of wart plasters, and he was unsuccessfully trying to unstick himself.

Mrs. Makeup Monster was crying and screaming, as the permanent dye on her face got into her eyes, and she looked like a deluded Cookie Monster. Need I say more? She definitely got the worst prank. Ha.

Business man was cursing up an even worse storm than the two girls as confetti and salt were sprinkled onto him and he was forced to dance in a tutu while I filmed him, his eyes red with rage.

Did I overreact?

I think I did.

So, this character Grey will be part of a series I'm writing, and this is just a little intro to him and also a NEW STORYY

Yes, in the series there will be the LGBTQ+ I promised :)

And this story is dedicated to:

Ethan Avacas and W.W. Skybelle :D Thanks for being there!

Special Shoutout the my sis Priya for helping me overcome my block :)))

I'll be naming the titles of the series with Japanese! <3

Have a great day!

March 31, 2021 00:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

138 comments

13:10 Mar 31, 2021

The god-who-pranks-but-realizes-he-might've-gone-overboard-in-the-end storyline made me smile. I love these types of stories, and you did not disappoint. I like the bits of humor throughout the story. Great job! Thanks for the shoutout!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
00:08 Apr 09, 2021

the new profile pic-

Reply

Ari Berri
00:12 Apr 09, 2021

No, I love it, it's adorable. Where do you even find these?

Reply

My face rn: :OO Here: https://www.google.com/search?q=kakagai+fanart&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwibr5br8O_vAhWGgp4KHVIcDiMQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=kakagai+fanart&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQARgAMgIIADoECAAQHjoECAAQGFCFH1iEKWCnN2gAcAB4AIAB4QWIAfQTkgELMC4xLjIuNS0yLjGYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=epxvYJuKBIaF-gTSuLiYAg&bih=750&biw=1517&rlz=1CAPCCZ_enUS936&safe=active&ssui=on KINDA LONG OOF

Reply

Ari Berri
00:17 Apr 09, 2021

Ohhhhh. XD They're cute. Who else in Naruto do you ship?

Reply

Ahhhh KakuHidan SakuSasu NaruHina kinda ship: SakuIno AsumaKurenai Nejix my oc (I dont actually like him lol) Sasunaru

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

UPCOMING REEDSYCAST STORY! :D https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenWzvzvn239F-MdQSGlH0iSDI09qBdkQ6elhWtDrwfpY9W1A/viewform?usp=sf_link Iโ€™d love if you filled it out so I can add you in, but no pressure. Thx! :D

Reply

Show 2 replies
<inactive> .
18:00 Apr 09, 2021

y e s. iโ€™m a gachatuber ehehe

Reply

<inactive> .
04:12 Apr 10, 2021

sleepiicloud. one viral video QwQ

Reply

*googles.* *reads bio.* "Amazing pfp by waifu?" Your lesbian/bi? (If u r I SUPPORTTT)

Reply

<inactive> .
04:34 Apr 11, 2021

Ye ๐Ÿ’–

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies

Check mah bio โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸผโœŒ๐ŸฝโœŒ๐ŸพโœŒ๐Ÿฟ

Reply

Show 2 replies
14:03 Mar 31, 2021

I am so sorry. The points just kept dropping.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sunny ๐ŸŒผ
13:20 Mar 31, 2021

Yay! A new series! With LGBTQ+! I have a feeling this is gonna be really fun I can't wait-

Reply

Show 1 reply

Celeste, you don't disapoint. Like, your stories always lift me up :) Sorry for changing my name for like the 1000000000th time. THANKS FOR THE SHOUTOUT!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
02:07 Mar 31, 2021

I upvoted you to 1783, sorry I couldn't do more. Is that good enough?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Coco Longstaff
07:13 Apr 17, 2021

Hello Matey (Snort) ANywayssss Wassup do u know Priyas new acc?

Reply

Coco Longstaff
21:14 Apr 17, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:51 Apr 15, 2021

Hi! Do you think I should change my profile? Kinda want to do some httyd stuff, instead of the tiny girl with bread

Reply

Show 1 reply
Creed .
21:01 Apr 14, 2021

Celeste, I saw you're busy, but when you see this, I have someone who wants to be in the downvoting petition, I don't know how to let her do that. Can you help me out? I have the link to the petition, but how do I get her name on the list?

Reply

Creed .
00:07 Apr 15, 2021

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/ea3b11/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
07:29 Apr 13, 2021

bye sis. last time you'll see me with this acc. i'll message you soon... password is the syndrome that hana has in our incompleted demon slayer series. love you <3 <3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
17:07 Apr 12, 2021

New story out would love your feedback.

Reply

Show 0 replies
16:55 Apr 12, 2021

Hi! How are you, Celeste?

Reply

Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
17:59 Apr 09, 2021

aww thanks for the shoutout sis..! this story is amazing!!!!! it had me entertained for a solid 20 minutes i fricken love the pranks. this dude has my heart. anyways just confirming, say i was uhm, not straight, would you still support me..? O_O

Reply

Awwwwww sis <333333333333333 thankuuuuuuu You are my sis! Ofc I support you with all my heart sis <3

Reply

<inactive> .
04:27 Apr 10, 2021

Oh my god ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ you have no idea how happy this makes me!!!!!๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜ญ Thank you so so so so much celeste!!!! Thank you!!! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

Reply

NP SIS AAaAAHHH <333333333333 ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jasey Lovegood
02:33 Apr 09, 2021

Celeste! New story out, it's a collab with Annabelle :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
20:41 Apr 06, 2021

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH This made me laugh so hard, the humor was perfect! I like how the POV was different- like Gray was talking to the readers, and it was like a "virtual-reality-but-in-short-story-form-where-you-have-to-rely-on-your-imagination" - and I'm totally here for it! The trickster god's personality was so entertaining to read and the pranks were just perfect! :) XD eheeh amazing job!!!! <333

Reply

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AWWWWWWWWW lol yesh THIS WILL BE A SERIES LOLLLLLLLL THANKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <333

Reply

Show 0 replies

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AWWWWWWWWW lol yesh THIS WILL BE A SERIES LOLLLLLLLL THANKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <333

Reply

18:14 Apr 07, 2021

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOUR WELCOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how all our conversations are in all caps XDDD <333333333333333333

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.