Adventure with friends (part 1 :) )

Submitted into Contest #59 in response to: Write about a character arriving in a place unlike anywhere they’ve ever been.... view prompt

213 comments

Adventure Fantasy Funny

A few friend's such as B, Aerin and Kate were sitting on the couch and Watching the Wizard of Oz as it was Movie Friday. Aerin was humming 'over the rainbow' despite it being way past that part in the movie.

"Come on when can we watch something else? we've watched this like 5 or six times already" Bri asked her while eating some popcorn. She knew some others Like Itay would be there soon and she wasn't sure if they Liked this Movie or not.

"Sorry nope! Friday is My Day to pick the movie we watch you know that, and i say we watch the wizard of oz!" Aerin told the two of them. dang it i forgot that we have the days for each of us to pick! she sighed.

"Then when is My day?" Brooke asked as she entered the living room with some Popcorn. They all had days to pick a movie or show but everyone besides Aerin forgot when the day for them was.

Aerin continued to hum 'over the rainbow' but it was still way far in the movie now from when that song happened. Though she was paying attention to what everyone was saying because she then pointed to something like a Calender.

Brooke walked over to the Thing, was that always there? she didn't think it had been. "My day is on Sunday??" she asked, sounding surprised by learning this.

"What's the big deal with it Brookey? that's just two more days until you can pick." Kate asked a bit confused and she sat up. Kate's day was on Monday while B's day was on Tuesday.

Brooke started to take the Calender thing off the wall to bring it over to them when they then hear the doorbell ring a couple of times. Both B and Aerin seemed to shoot up after hearing the ringing and B paused the movie.

Brooke jumped back a bit startled by this as she dropped it to the floor. "Gosh! what was that about??" she asked the two and started to walk over to the front door. i mean their probably just excited a bit...

"who is it?" Aerin asked kind of shouting it since she was still laying on the Couch. maybe its him finally...hes been on vacation for a few months now she thought.

"Its me, Itay." They hear the voice say on the other side of the door a bit muffled. It wasn't just Itay, i mean he WAS alone but there were supposed to be a few more people coming like Nayab and Laiba.

Aerin sighed a little bit though she was still happy that someone else came that day. dang it i thought that it would be him...well i mean he's in France for a few more months, unless he came back a bit early.

B walked up to Brooke and opened the door since she had just been standing there for a few minutes now. "Heya Itay come on in" she told him with a small smile and opened the door wider.

"Where are the others? weren't they coming with you or something?" Kate then asked as Itay walked over and took some popcorn.

"They were but Nayab and the few others were busy so they'll come a bit later today, sorry." Itay told the three of them with a small smile. "Wizard of oz?" he then added asking it towards Aerin.

She didn't seem to respond though as she lay on the couch not looking at any of them, was she snoring?? "oh! um she's asleep..." Kate mumbled not sure what to do.

"rainbows...Novel...i wanna live on a rainbow..." Aerin mumbled in her sleep. well uh thats some of the weirdest sleep talking i've heard in a long time... Brooke thought to herself as they all just kinda watched this.

B decided to turn off the movie for the night, the others wouldn't go to sleep they just didn't wanna wake Aerin up. "wait no she's like a dad with the sports-" Kate started to say but B had already turned it off.

Aerin suddenly wakes up and sits up quickly her leg accidentally hit a few bottles of something on a table in front of them. The strange things in the bottles then suddenly poured out onto some books, it wouldn't have been so bad until they realized what happened.

The strange bottle things had poured down onto some of B's Novels along with a bit of Aerin's and Kates. "No no no! my stories!" B then ran over to all of them which seemed to be completely soaked now.

"Oh gosh! um im sorry we could try to clean..." Aerin started off when they then all noticed something strange. Bright lights were starting to shoot up from the soaked novels which were the same color as the things that had poured onto them.

None of them knew what was happening until it began to suck them all into something, were they going into the stories?? "Aw no...please let it be rainbows please let it be rainbows..." Aerin mumbled right as she got sucked in.

"oh no mrs Kate i don't feel so good...." B mumbled as she got sucked into the thing right after Aerin. oh gosh what's even going on??

"why....why did you have to quote infinity wa-" Both Kate and Brooke got sucked in at the same time only leaving Itay there now. well crap...what did those things even do to them?? are we gonna die or something?

"Hey guys we're finally here, sorry for the..." Nayab and Laiba entered the house but stopped when they saw Itay starting to Disappear. what did we just walk in on...?? laiba thought.

"yeah...nope! bye" Nayab then grabbed Laiba and picked her up, the two of them then left the house. i don't think we're gonna go back there for a little while...

"my...gosh....its beautiful!" Everyone heard Aerin say and she sounded close to crying from something. they all were in different areas of something when they then walked over to see what was going on.

Everyone gasped in shock in what they saw, they were IN B's demi-god story and they could even see some of Aerin's characters and Kates Characters walking around. she was right...it wa-...wow... B thought.

There were large and small rainbows in the sky they could see some people riding on them which must have been Harmony and Iris. well i guess that's the reason she said that, oh no is she going to ride one??

While Aerin began to go ride on a few rainbows without the characters noticing her the rest of them gathered behind a few trees. "What do we do?? we can't be here what if something bad happens??" B asked starting to freak out a little.

"Well we should just stay here for a bit longer to explore and then try to find a way to get outta this place." Itay said and put a hand on her shoulder. Everyone nods in Agreement.

September 11, 2020 16:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

213 comments

17:38 Sep 13, 2020

I PUBLISHED COLOR QUEST!!! AHHHHHH!!! IT’LL LITERALLY BE ON AMAZON IS TWO DAAAYS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 I’m sending this to a whole lotta people... SQUEEEEEEEE (I squee with joy) 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Reply

B. W.
17:51 Sep 13, 2020

Congrats! :D my birthday is on the 22nd and your book comes out in two days, imma get it for my Bday ^^ i know it'll be amazing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Itay Frenkel
23:54 Sep 11, 2020

Dude, I loved this story! Thanks for using my name in it. I liked how you showed us everyone's thoughts through italics, it was a good way to develop all the characters more since there are so many. I also thought it was cool how you didn't really describe the setting where they were watching the movie, it allowed me to use my own imagination. That being said, I thought there were a couple of missed opportunities to add in some cool description, like when the bottles of "something" get knocked over, what does that "something" look like. Cool...

Reply

B. W.
23:59 Sep 11, 2020

Thank's im glad you did ^^ i mean you still fully appeared in it so it wasn't just your name, what else would i even call ya? I might even add some of YOUR characters in the next part as well at some point. I didn't really know how to describe the things so thats why i never really did. I've been wanting to do the little Infinity war reference for a little while and i guess your right ^^ there's still one other story i've made that i want ya to check out and leave feedback to which is "Crossover"

Reply

Itay Frenkel
03:15 Sep 12, 2020

It would be really cool if you added in some of my characters, but no pressure, you've already got a pretty big cast. Don't worry about the description thing, it didn't ruin the story in any way. It's way too late here, so I'll just leave a like on "Crossover" and go check it out tomorrow. P.S I wrote four new stories this week, inspired by how much you manage to create and post every week. I'd love it if you went and checked them out!

Reply

B. W.
03:19 Sep 12, 2020

I could maybe mention a few of your characters but not directly show them if thats fine with you? and thats alright i get that your probably tired right now ^^ my gosh i'm still surprised i inspired someone so sure i will

Reply

Itay Frenkel
03:35 Sep 12, 2020

Thanks! And yeah, it's fine if you just mention my characters.

Reply

B. W.
03:36 Sep 12, 2020

Is there any specific characters from any of your stories though that you want mentioned?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:13 Sep 11, 2020

Yaaaay I loved this! RAINBOWS! If I would sleep-talk, that sounds lime what I would say. It’s so cool the characters saw your other characters!

Reply

B. W.
18:42 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks i'm glad you liked it ^^ yep you 100% say that if you did. did you maybe have a favorite part? and there will be a part 2 later

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
10:48 Nov 15, 2020

Fascinating! I like the premise, I love the scene with the friends watching "Wizard of Oz" , It felt so wholesome. It was so warm, and blankety :) Part two should be interesting! I'll check it out!

Reply

B. W.
18:40 Nov 15, 2020

Thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or anything like that, or was the wizard of oz part your favorite?

Reply

20:19 Nov 15, 2020

I would say the description of the scenes. I liked reading about the friends, it almost felt like I knew them. I like the part after they realise Aerin's asleep. In my mind it was so funny and kinda sweet :)

Reply

B. W.
21:26 Nov 15, 2020

alright, thats good to know i guess ^^ are ya gonna check out the second part yet?

Reply

05:24 Nov 16, 2020

Yes, I'll be reading it in the next hour :)

Reply

B. W.
06:08 Nov 16, 2020

yay ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:27 Mar 05, 2021

Found your Reedsy Cast! I can't believe I forgot about it. This story and its companion story are amazing! :D

Reply

B. W.
15:47 Mar 05, 2021

Companion story? What do ya mean? And I'm glad you still like this story, I didn't think this was that good.

Reply

03:45 Mar 06, 2021

I mean the sequel. Oh, I thought it was super great! :D Don't doubt yourself. ^^

Reply

B. W.
03:58 Mar 06, 2021

Though I'm a little confused, earlier I told you to see if you could find my thing for the Reedsycast, and then you commented on this. I mean the thing I submitted a little while ago to be in your Reedsycast story, since you have a link to the quiz in your bio and all that.

Reply

15:23 Mar 06, 2021

Oh, wow. I'm stupid. I thought you meant your Reedsy Cast story. Ugh. Now that I know what you mean, I can answer your question. I do not have your response to my Reedsy Cast form. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you re-do it using the link in my bio?

Reply

B. W.
16:38 Mar 06, 2021

Yeah, I actually just re-did it, and that's alright everyone makes mistakes. I probably should have said something else to make it a bit more clear. Though now that I did it again, could you go search for the response on the forms?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:36 Oct 15, 2020

I like your story, it’s a great start. Although the characters have their own thoughts in italics I’d still push for proper capitalization. Robert

Reply

B. W.
20:39 Oct 15, 2020

Thanks, i'm glad you liked it ^^ i'll try to work on the capitalization, did you ever have a favorite part?

Reply

00:07 Oct 16, 2020

Not really. I’m going to need to finish the story and decide.

Reply

B. W.
00:11 Oct 16, 2020

Alrighty

Reply

03:03 Oct 16, 2020

I came off mean and I apologize. I can tell this is a YA story. It’s not my genre and it’s hard to get into right now. I want to finish the story I am interested. I like stories. Robert

Reply

B. W.
03:10 Oct 16, 2020

I don't think ya really came off as mean or anything but i guess its fine

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Evelyn ⭐️
00:21 Sep 22, 2020

Fabulous!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Zilla Babbitt
14:34 Sep 12, 2020

You invited me over so here I am. (That sounds like I'm at your house). I like that you put in Aerin and yourself and possibly someone else I don't know! It was funny that Aerin was asleep when she got sucked inside. I've told Sia this, and I'll tell you. The pillars of your story are all there, it's the grammar problems that make the story difficult to read. Don't forget capital letters, don't use too many ellipses points or exclamation marks, don't misuse commas. Here's one example: ""oh no mrs Kate i don't feel so good...." B mumbled ...

Reply

B. W.
14:55 Sep 12, 2020

Aerin wasn't asleep when she got sucked in, she had been asleep but she woke up before she did so everyone was awake when they got sucked in. I know i still have to work on the Grammar and the few other things. Alright, i'll go back and edit/fix a few of those things real soon ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

Zilla Babbitt
15:06 Sep 12, 2020

Oops, sorry :) And I liked the part of Aerin mumbling in her sleep best. That kind of sounds weird but whatever.

Reply

B. W.
15:07 Sep 12, 2020

Is there maybe something you want to happen in part 2?

Reply

Zilla Babbitt
21:14 Sep 14, 2020

I think... they'd explore for a bit, discover new and wacky things, and MAYBE go home. Then part three could be them as adults meeting up at work or something. I don't know, but that's what I'd do if I'd written this :)

Reply

B. W.
21:16 Sep 14, 2020

also, im actually making a novel ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Charles Stucker
04:40 Sep 12, 2020

Brooke thought to herself- emphasize how this is different from all the times she thinks to other people. That, or drop 'to herself; since such is the default condition for thinking. Again, you are spotty on capitalization- which might be catastrophic if you misspelled Laiba's name by misplacing her eye. Heinlein's "Number of the Beast" as well as The tales of Thursday Next by Jasper Fforde use worlds created by fiction. Even Twain's Connecticut Yankee has the protagonist moving into a world of fiction. So this is a strong tradition ...

Reply

B. W.
04:58 Sep 12, 2020

Alright thank you ^^ i'll go to edit it soon, i actually did finish editing "Crossover" as well with the things you said. I just kinda felt like near the end is when they would be going into the book land, Though don't worry since part 2 will be longer and won't just have them quickly get back into the real world

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
00:44 Sep 12, 2020

Lol, again I'm going to start a new thread since the other one was getting long. I don't think there's anything you need to change!

Reply

B. W.
00:48 Sep 12, 2020

Yeah this is still fine ^^ well is there maybe something ya want to happen in the spin off if you can think of something?

Reply

Avery G.
00:51 Sep 12, 2020

Umm...idk. I gotta go so I'll tell you later if I think of anything!

Reply

B. W.
00:55 Sep 12, 2020

Aw alright thats fine though, talk to ya later ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
14:17 Sep 12, 2020

hey so are ya back?

Reply

Avery G.
18:50 Sep 12, 2020

Now I'm back!

Reply

B. W.
19:00 Sep 12, 2020

Yay ^^ okay this may be a bit strange but with Zio and my other characters from the original demi-god series i've kind of thought of some ways for them to die if they ever did in the original or the spin off, ya wanna know?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Elliot Thomas
20:17 Sep 11, 2020

Cool story, can't wait for the part 2.

Reply

B. W.
20:18 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks i'm glad you enjoyed it ^^ did you have a favorite part?

Reply

Elliot Thomas
20:25 Sep 11, 2020

I love Aerin's distinct personality and everyone's interactions.

Reply

B. W.
20:26 Sep 11, 2020

Is there maybe something you want to happen in part 2?

Reply

Elliot Thomas
20:39 Sep 11, 2020

Definitely some fine and fancy action scenes

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Anshika Goyal
19:33 Sep 11, 2020

I loved your story!! And I mean it when I say that this story gets a ten on ten, you made the story relatable in some way. I like the fact that you kept it short so I didn't have to skip any part. I am a newbie here, and I would love it if you check out two of my recent stories;)

Reply

B. W.
19:36 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks i'm glad you liked it ^^ a 10 outta 10?? i've been here for a while but i consider all my stories like a 2. sure i'll check em out :)

Reply

Anshika Goyal
19:47 Sep 11, 2020

Well then I will consider mine zero haha

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nayab Ahmar
19:14 Sep 11, 2020

Oh my god, I loved this story so much!! I love my character, it’s so interesting to read about myself so i really enjoyed the new experience! The concept is so great- how the friends got sucked into urs and Kate’s stories! (They can meet harmony and Iris, lucky 😁) I’m so excited for what comes next hehe! Thanks so much for making me a part of this wonderful story🥺

Reply

B. W.
19:16 Sep 11, 2020

Yeah i'm sorry though that you were only there for a short amount of time before leaving, there was already gonna be a lot of people who would go into the stories so i just had you do that. And no problem at all for any of it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part to it maybe?

Reply

Nayab Ahmar
19:17 Sep 11, 2020

Oh no need to apologize at all, I loved my role regardless that it was short 😁 And my favourite part would have to be when they got sucked into your stories and also the infinity war reference hehe 🤗

Reply

B. W.
19:18 Sep 11, 2020

In the next part i plan for you to come back and maybe get sucked into it as well or try to get us out. This honestly kinda reminds me of Jumanji don't you think at least a little bit?

Reply

Nayab Ahmar
19:22 Sep 11, 2020

Yeah, that sounds cool!! And yes ur right, it does remind me of Jumanji 😆

Reply

B. W.
19:24 Sep 11, 2020

Besides that is there something that you wanna see in part 2? it can be anything

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
18:12 Sep 11, 2020

Hi Hope! I loved the story :) Thanks for adding me, it meant a lot!!! I can't wait for Part 2 :D My favorite character would obviously be myself (hehe) but my favorite part was the Infinity War reference! Good job!

Reply

B. W.
18:41 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks im glad you liked it ^^ i know you were only in it for a short time but i wanted to add as much as i could and i already had a lot that would be taken into the stories. did you have another favorite part besides the Infinity war reference?

Reply

Laiba M
20:50 Sep 11, 2020

Yep! That makes sense, I'm glad my name was even mentioned haha~ I liked the part when Nayab and I just left bc in every movie/book everyone decides to investigate and ends up getting in trouble lol

Reply

B. W.
20:53 Sep 11, 2020

You and her will actually come back in part 2 to try and help me and the others. and speaking of help i think i need some help with ideas again, sorry if im bugging you with that though

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
17:03 Sep 11, 2020

:):):) Great job on this B! It's fun being in someone else's story (Also I liked the Infinity war reference 😂).

Reply

B. W.
17:05 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks im glad you liked it ^^ did you have a favorite part or was that the infinity war reference?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
17:11 Sep 11, 2020

Well, I had two favorite parts. 1. The Infinity War reference. 2. Aerin's love of rainbows. :)

Reply

B. W.
17:21 Sep 11, 2020

this is part 1 so there will actually be a part 2 to this, is there something you wanna happen in that part?

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
18:50 Sep 11, 2020

Okay so i've done the two things i've told you about for a little while but i think i need some more help with my demi-god spin off series some more, could ya help?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
19:25 Sep 11, 2020

Sure! What have you got in mind so far?

Reply

B. W.
19:27 Sep 11, 2020

Okay here's what ive gotten so far: Zio and Lia will have two kids but i'm not sure on how they'll look or the names, Harmony and Arren will be together and have twins but its the same problem for Zio and Lia's kids, Zio actually escaped from the underworld and Hades is looking for him and his Family so thats why his kids are sent to the camp, thats about it tbh and i really need help

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
05:08 Oct 09, 2020

Heyyo ! I read a comment about um. You knowing who the downvoter is ? Um could ya tell me ?

Reply

B. W.
05:14 Oct 09, 2020

Huh? okay, when did you see the comment? A lot of things have maybe happened by then but i just wanna make sure

Reply

Sia S
05:27 Oct 09, 2020

Umm I guess a few days ago.

Reply

B. W.
05:43 Oct 09, 2020

I'm sorry but i forgot, i'll tell you when i remember the name. At first we had thought it was Mia Rigini though (or however you need to say it) because of how she was acting and how she said she was 'proud to say' that she was the down-voter in her Bio. But it turns out for some reason she was lying to get attention and other reason. I hate that crap though, she didn't have to do any of that stuff. (crap as referring to what she's been doing) but then recently a girl i forgot the name of said on i think one of Batools stories of how she was...

Reply

Sia S
05:52 Oct 09, 2020

Ohh its okay. I know ow about Mia. It sounds kinda suspicious. Hey, mind checking out my new story? Its fantasy!

Reply

B. W.
13:57 Oct 09, 2020

I still don't really believe her that much, and sure i will soon ^^

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
11:51 Sep 19, 2020

Wow, B.! This story was really good! And thanks for adding me! It means a lot to me and I appreciate it! The storyline itself was amazing, and I loved Aerin being obsessed with rainbows and riding them with Iris. Advice: You are definitely getting better with your grammar, but I can still spot little things here and there throughout the story. Also, when everyone was getting sucked into the books, maybe you should have added a bit more description. Other than that, perfect! -Brooke D.

Reply

B. W.
13:15 Sep 19, 2020

Thank's im glad ya like it ^^ i think the second part will be out soon, i need a really good idea for it. I suck at getting really descriptive but i could try to work on that along with the grammar, so thanks with the advice as well ^^ is there maybe something you want to happen to story you?

Reply

22:30 Sep 19, 2020

No problem! I agree that both description and grammar are two very hard things to be good at. Hmmm... Not really. I think I just want to be surprised by what you write. :)

Reply

B. W.
22:31 Sep 19, 2020

wait youve been writing since third grade?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
20:45 Sep 11, 2020

Hey! I just wanted to make a new thread since the first one was getting kinda long. I would love to help you!

Reply

B. W.
20:48 Sep 11, 2020

Yeah thats fine, so could i maybe tell you the plot of it so far and stuff so you'd be able to help with it? i got some more stuff

Reply

Avery G.
20:52 Sep 11, 2020

Sure!

Reply

B. W.
20:55 Sep 11, 2020

Plot: Zio and Lia would have two kids though i can't think of anything for them and theres a thing with Zio that he can only visit them only once a year since hes still dead in the underworld and when hes visiting he makes his kids go to the camp because its not safe Arren and Harmony would also have kids together but i still can't think of anything with them either so i need help with the four kids and then an actual plot as well

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
21:31 Sep 11, 2020

so what do you think?

Reply

Avery G.
21:34 Sep 11, 2020

Whoa, that's cool. Uhh...i can't really think of anything. Maybe the kids all want to go to the underworld to try and free Zio? Idk

Reply

B. W.
21:39 Sep 11, 2020

Zio can't be freed i've decided on that, until either of us could maybe think of an actual plot could you help me think of the names and stuff for the kids?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
16:51 Sep 11, 2020

Wow, this was cool! I loved all the friends! It's cool how you put Aerin loves rainbows in it! Great job!

Reply

B. W.
16:56 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks ^^

Reply

Avery G.
18:36 Sep 11, 2020

No problem!

Reply

B. W.
18:43 Sep 11, 2020

Did you maybe have a favorite part with it?

Reply

Avery G.
19:05 Sep 11, 2020

Oh, maybe that rainbow part and the infinity war reference!

Reply

B. W.
19:08 Sep 11, 2020

Is there something you want to maybe happen in part 2?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.