Crossover: The traitor (part 5)

Submitted into Contest #62 in response to: Write about a character putting something into a time capsule.... view prompt

163 comments

Adventure Fantasy Sad

This is part five to the crossover with Kate Ulrich, you should check her out because she has good stories and she did a few of the parts as well. Hope you enjoy.

"Come on son, we have to go now." Hercules had told Meg, forcing a small smile. He's my son, i know how he's always wanted to meet me. He'll have to come with me.

Meg had looked out across the camp to see what was going on and away from his father. Arren's body lay in the grass, now red with some of his blood. Harmony who had been freed from the cyclops by the wolf girl, Lia, was sitting next to his body.

Though he couldn't see where Blake was during all of this, maybe he was safe. Though he knew that Aella had been taken somewhere else in the camp by the zombies. They'd have to try and find her later.

He looked back at his father and shook his head. He wanted to stay back at the camp with everyone. He's my father but he's just a...a murderer!

He remained silent for what seemed like forever until he whispered something into one of the zombie's ears. He turned to look at his son and then spoke, "This was just the first step, they'll be back again. I will also come back for you...i hope you make the right choice."

He watched as all of the monsters slowly began to disappear out of the camp. At least for now. He wasn't sure when they would actually come back. The last to leave the camp was his father.

Meg then approached most of the others but didn't get that close. "Hey," he started to say as he cleared his throat, "Is um, everyone alright now..?"

Everyone remained silent.

"You...TRAITOR!" Lia growled. During the rest of the battle she and her mother, Lupa, had turned into their wolf forms. She remained as her wolf self as she began to approach Meg while growling.

"W-what? no no come on Lia, i'm not a traitor." He nervously laughed as he began to back away slowly. no...i think she's right. I can't even believe myself.

"Yes.you.are." Her growling seemed to be getting louder while she got even closer. She was showing her teeth while her claws were now out. She had a plan on what she was going to do. and she WAS going to do it.

He quickly ran over to Harmony and Arren, though he could still hear the growling right behind him. Her wing's were torn from the cyclops and faintly bleeding. "Come on harmony! i'm not a traitor...right?"

she said nothing as she just sat there in silence, the only noises at first were Lia's growling and the breathing of everyone else. She finally looked up at him with eyes filled with thousands of tears.

"You...are"

He didn't have time to question this as he then felt a very sharp pain in his arm. He looked to see blood starting to trickle down his arm and onto the wet grass. Lia had bitten him. He could see the bite marks.

"I knew i had a reason to not trust one of you new people. You...you got him killed! I-i promised that i wouldn't let anyone else die.." Lia's voice began to break.

He turned back around while trying to stop himself from bleeding to see Harmony's look of despair turn into a look of anger. "Why. Why would you do any of this? Just so you could impress your dad or something?!"

Meg watched as Harmony then spreads her torn wing's and flapped, she started to fly above him. She didn't stay in the air for to long though as they then heard a snap and a crack. she fell next to Arren's body.

He was about to speak when everyone heard a noise in the sky. A lot of stuff was happening today. "W-what the heck..?" a symbol of something could be seen up in the sky.

Apollo.

Moment's after he and the other's see the symbol they watch as Apollo appear's next to Iris and some of the other God's and Goddesses that were there. "Apollo! oh crap.." Lupa and the others nervously looked at his son's body.

"i...already know"

He moved over to his son's body and gave him a hug. Kiddo, i should have been there for you, shouldn't i? I'm so sorry...i just didn't know how to handle kid's.

"Apollo!" Lia spoke, "This traitor is one of the ones that caused your son's death, what should we do with him?" She was still right next to Meg. She wasn't going to let him go. Ever.

"This is a camp, i don't think there'd be some sort of prison or dungeon and he's still just a kid...why don't you and some others take him somewhere and watch over him? That way he doesn't get away."

Lupa turned into her wolf self and began to help her daughter bring Meg into an old area of the camp. That would be like his prison for a while. "i knew that i shouldn't have trusted ANY of you...you all should have just stayed back.." Lia growled.

The last thing that he could see before the three of them disappeared off into the older part of the camp was everyone just staring at him. Some seemed sad, some seemed mad, some just seemed confused.

maybe i shouldn't have done any of that with father...

Apollo and Harmony had gathered a few of Arren's belongings and headed out of the camp just a bit. Harmony quickly dug a hole and gave Apollo the belongings.

"Hand it over now, please."

Apollo reached into a small purple bag they had brought and he pulled out a small gray capsule. "Here you go," Harmony nodded and put the belongings into the capsule.

She gently set the capsule into the ground and then put the dirt back over the spot. "Kid, are you sure you don't want someone to heal your wings?" he asked.

"Later. I'm just going to go help Lia watch over that traitor...he isn't going to get the rest of us killed. We're going to be prepared next time." Her voice almost seemed monotone. Her usually colorful eyes seemed...dull.

Harmony and Apollo walked back into the camp, the other campers were already trying to fix some of it. During the battle some of the camp had been a *bit* destroyed. Harmony headed to the area of the traitor.



October 03, 2020 23:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

163 comments

Laiba M
01:29 Oct 04, 2020

I love the story, Hope~ Good job with it! I understand Lia's rage over the traitor, so I think she would be my favorite character and that would be my favorite part~!

Reply

B. W.
01:39 Oct 04, 2020

Thank's i'm glad that you enjoyed the story and that part ^^ what did you think of the end with Harmony? Like how it said her eyes seemed dull and her voice seemed monotone. what do you think happened to her or WILL happen to her?

Reply

Laiba M
02:10 Oct 04, 2020

Honestly, I'm not sure, haha~~

Reply

B. W.
02:11 Oct 04, 2020

wait, so what have you done so far with the other story for me? if it's alright with asking.

Reply

Laiba M
13:31 Oct 04, 2020

I've outlined the plot and started writing.

Reply

B. W.
13:32 Oct 04, 2020

you think it'll be out today?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
03:53 Oct 04, 2020

Good story B.W.! I think you have confusion throughout with capitalization, and I have noticed that in your comments as well. Do you choose to type like that? Because I've noticed caps where there shouldn't be and no caps where there should be. I also saw a few homonyms that you missed. Nothing dramatic. Well done overall. -MS

Reply

B. W.
03:55 Oct 04, 2020

I guess i could try to fix those stuff in the stories though i just feel like it in the comments i guess. Though i'm glad that you liked the story at least ^^ Did you maybe have a favorite part for it?

Reply

Megan Sutherland
03:57 Oct 04, 2020

Idk, it was all good I guess :)

Reply

B. W.
03:59 Oct 04, 2020

What do you think was up with harmony at the end of it? with her voice and the dull eyes i mean?

Reply

Megan Sutherland
04:11 Oct 04, 2020

Idk, I mean I thought the story was good but I haven't really read any of the parts before it so I don't really understand it that much. It was still really good tho bc of all of the other parts that you do so well with.

Reply

B. W.
04:14 Oct 04, 2020

This was honestly the only part of the thing where it happens and now that i think of it the idea is probably really stupid.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Orenda .
10:10 Oct 07, 2020

henlo there, ssup buddy!

Reply

Show 0 replies
C.j 🤍
15:18 Oct 06, 2020

How’s it going

Reply

B. W.
15:23 Oct 06, 2020

with one of my stories?

Reply

C.j 🤍
15:25 Oct 06, 2020

With the Harlow and willow

Reply

B. W.
15:45 Oct 06, 2020

Oh, i guess it's going good, i haven't gotten that far though, i'm working on another novel

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
17:55 Oct 04, 2020

Great story! I love how you described everything.

Reply

B. W.
17:57 Oct 04, 2020

Did ya maybe have a favorite part for it? also, what did you think of that last bit with harmony? like with her voice and her eyes being dull

Reply

22:31 Oct 04, 2020

Hmm, I liked the ending. I liked it!

Reply

B. W.
22:35 Oct 04, 2020

why do ya think it happened?

Reply

23:14 Oct 04, 2020

I honestly have no idea.

Reply

B. W.
23:37 Oct 04, 2020

you aren't ever gonna leave, right?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Scout Tahoe
02:10 Oct 09, 2020

Wow! Love your name! Beautiful.

Reply

B. W.
02:10 Oct 09, 2020

Thanks ^^ though it's only for october and probably won't last long, it's a halloween name

Reply

Scout Tahoe
02:12 Oct 09, 2020

Oh lol thought it was your real name. What IS your real name anyways? It's okay if you don't want to tell me.

Reply

B. W.
02:14 Oct 09, 2020

What?- I don't think anyone would have the name Witch as their last name, or do they?? i based it off that the thing "blair witch" cuz yeah. Eh, i hate my first name, you could guess though?

Reply

Scout Tahoe
02:16 Oct 09, 2020

Well really any word could be a name. :) Well are you male or female or other?

Reply

B. W.
02:18 Oct 09, 2020

is it that hard to know my gender? I'm not being rude or anything but people either don't know or they think i'm a dude all the time. I'm female.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Zilla Babbitt
13:14 Oct 08, 2020

Your action scenes are getting better. I like the addition of the wolf to the tale, it adds an intriguing touch. Again, grammar. I noticed the uncapitalized "i"s and a tendency toward passive: "had looked" and "was lying" rather than "looked" and "lay." Other than that, good job. Keep it up!

Reply

B. W.
13:34 Oct 08, 2020

The wolf? do you mean how Lia can turn into one or are you talking about Lupa maybe? Yeah, i think the grammar might be the only thing i have to work on now, though i'll try to fix it and work on it in my other stories. Though i'm glad that you at least liked it, did you maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

Zilla Babbitt
13:35 Oct 08, 2020

How Lia can turn. I think that part was my favorite, that and Lupa.

Reply

B. W.
13:37 Oct 08, 2020

What did you think of the ending? Like with Harmony's voice and her kinda dull eyes, it's probably a stupid idea but eh

Reply

Zilla Babbitt
13:46 Oct 08, 2020

No, that was good. It was a piece of showing that gave the ending a more eerie feeling. That might not've been your intention but it's what I got.

Reply

B. W.
13:47 Oct 08, 2020

what do you think will happen in the next part?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Raquel Rodriguez
12:01 Oct 06, 2020

Hey B! Sorry to bother you, but a girl commented on one of Batool's stories that I commented on, saying she was the downvoter. I don't know if she's lying for attention or if she's telling the truth, but I just wanted to let you know.

Reply

B. W.
13:03 Oct 06, 2020

Wait WHAT? Okay i kinda just commented on it but i only said a small thing. I hate that people are lying for attention with that crap. (First was Mia but i'm still half and half with it, then this girl) I really want to go on her though, kinda like a rant but i'm also not wanting to do it and she still might not be the down-voter

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
13:17 Oct 06, 2020

Yeah, I don't know if she's lying or something...

Reply

B. W.
13:39 Oct 06, 2020

Hmm it seems like there's an Imposter among us here (sorry i couldn't help it after you said sus-) well maybe you could tell some other people and we could all just ask her or something if she actually is or if its lying for attention. The down-voting actually hasn't happened for a while though

Reply

Amany Sayed
14:13 Oct 06, 2020

OMG HAHAHAA 'imposter' HAHAHAHAH :)

Reply

B. W.
14:17 Oct 06, 2020

what?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Raquel Rodriguez
15:39 Oct 06, 2020

Should I tell Zilla?

Reply

B. W.
15:47 Oct 06, 2020

Yeah, i think that you should tell a few others along with her about the person. I still just REALLY wanna do something kinda like a rant or whatever i said about the girl but there's a very small chance that she isn't. She could still just be lying for a crappy reason. But i'm getting really tired of all this Down-voting Crap and we should just stop her, or at least talk to her

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Raquel Rodriguez
13:18 Oct 06, 2020

It seemed kind of sus because she commented on Batool's story right after, and none of his comments (that I saw) were downvoted.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Raquel Rodriguez
12:02 Oct 06, 2020

The story is called, 'Of her return'

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Kate Ulrich
21:46 Oct 05, 2020

Hey! Great job, as always. :)

Reply

B. W.
00:50 Oct 06, 2020

Thanks ^^ did you have a favorite part? and what did you think of the ending with harmony? like her voice and the dull eyes

Reply

Kate Ulrich
15:59 Oct 06, 2020

My favorite part was when Lia gets angry with Meg. She's lost so much, first Harmony, then she got her back, only to lose Zio, and now another of her best friends. Lia isn't the type to hold back from her temper, and I liked how you showed that. The ending was great and I'm looking forward to writing the conversation between Harmony and Meg.

Reply

B. W.
16:02 Oct 06, 2020

So you know what happened to Harmony in it, right? In a way she's kind of emotionless now or something like that because of her eyes and her voice being the way they are at the moment. I hope the idea isn't really that bad or anything, i just thought that it would be interesting. Okay, so the conversation with Harmony and Meg would be one of the thing's you do on your next part, but i think i have some more ideas on what you could do for the next part besides that

Reply

Kate Ulrich
16:05 Oct 06, 2020

It seems like she's almost numb now- she's had to deal with so much. But she's not the type to hate someone like Lia does, I feel like she'll try to help Meg. What ideas do you have?

Reply

B. W.
16:13 Oct 06, 2020

Yeah, she's kind of numb and even if she WOULD be the type of person to hate someone, like i said shes numb so she wouldn't really even attempt to hate someone. She'd mostly be sad if she showed emotions besides being like that way. I'm not entirely sure if she'd try to help him she'd just talk with him like you said. The other ideas are that maybe Aella is in the room that they brought Meg into but she's not chained up or anything the zombies brought her there, i could imagine Lia telling her all the stuff that Meg did and how he got Arren ...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Orenda .
13:16 Oct 05, 2020

Oi, ssup!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Artemisia Pearl
13:14 Oct 05, 2020

This story was another amazing piece! However, I do have some advice to make your writing look more professional. Try putting spaces after periods in between sentences. Also capitalize your "I's'" more. Other than that I'd say that the story was amazing and I was I sad when Arren died! P.s. Apollo used to be a Greek god that I liked until I read Lore Olympus!!!

Reply

B. W.
13:49 Oct 05, 2020

Thank's i'm glad that you liked it ^^ Oh, do you maybe have any plot-twists that you thought of for this series?? i really wanna see some of those again. I'll also try to fix some of those things since i'll be able to edit and fix it this story until the other thing.

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
23:59 Oct 07, 2020

I'm not really sure. Maybe Arren makes contact with Hades in the underworld and he turned out to be a reasonable guy. Arren works for Hades as a secretary and can communicate to his friends through their dreams and through Hades and Persephone's son. Is that a good one?

Reply

B. W.
00:28 Oct 08, 2020

wait, they have a SON?? I thought Hades and Persephone just had a daughter, though i cant remember her name

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
11:47 Oct 08, 2020

They had two sons and a daughter, I thought. I just watched a youtube video about it a few weeks ago!

Reply

B. W.
13:31 Oct 08, 2020

No- i'm pretty sure Melinoe is a girl and she's the goddess of ghosts i think, tell me about the other two.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Artemisia Pearl
11:49 Oct 08, 2020

The Daughter is Makaria and the two sons are Melinoe and Zagreus.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Artemisia Pearl
23:59 Oct 07, 2020

Sorry. I just really liked Arren :(

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:07 Oct 04, 2020

Awesome job!

Reply

B. W.
19:14 Oct 04, 2020

Thanks ^^ what did you think of the ending part with harmony? like her voice and the dull eyes

Reply

21:18 Oct 04, 2020

It was interesting to read and think about, and I'm excited to find out why that happened. ^^

Reply

B. W.
21:33 Oct 04, 2020

take a guess, i wanna see what you come up with

Reply

00:13 Oct 05, 2020

Some villain may be slowly taking her body over. 🤷

Reply

B. W.
00:29 Oct 05, 2020

Nope. any others?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
C.j 🤍
03:10 Oct 05, 2020

Awesome job

Reply

B. W.
03:11 Oct 05, 2020

Thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part?

Reply

C.j 🤍
03:12 Oct 05, 2020

No I loved all of it! 🙂👍🏻🙂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
C.j 🤍
03:10 Oct 05, 2020

Please read my new story

Reply

B. W.
03:11 Oct 05, 2020

sure why not

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Charles Stucker
04:25 Oct 04, 2020

i know how he's always wanted to meet me- capitalize I He remained silent for what seemed - too many he's in a row. This one needs to be Hercules. "This was just the first step, they'll be back again. I will also come back for you...i hope you make the right choice." first step. They'll - also capitalize I "W-what? no no come on Lia," Rewrite "W-what? No, no. Come on Lia," no...i think she's right. capitalize "Yes.you.are." spaces between words and she WAS going to do it. And harmony! i'm Harmony I'm she said nothi...

Reply

B. W.
04:29 Oct 04, 2020

Yeah- i guess i just suck at the capitalization stuff lately now. Though still, thank's for the advice with all this ^^ i'll go edit all of that stuff soon :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
00:37 Oct 04, 2020

Great job!

Reply

B. W.
00:48 Oct 04, 2020

Thanks ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part with this story? what do you think will happen in the next part?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.