76 comments

Adventure Drama Fantasy

Hah- i bet some of you weren't expecting a part 2 for the princess series so quickly. but i have nothing to do and i have decided to make part 2 so i hope you like this.

The next day they were in the middle of a meeting, but it was only with Shifty; probably about the kingdom they were going to try and help soon. While almost all of the kingdom was having a power outage they didn't really have one in the castle. there were a few areas of the castle that the power was out but that was about it, the castle was really large.

"Shifty go make sure that...um..go make sure that...the kid is fine.." Her father told her. She stared at him almost surprised and a bit angry. did he just forget aura's name?? she was still his kid and my sister!

"Aura...? are you in there...?" Storm asked as she knocked on the door. How her mother and father were acting towards aura seemed to be getting worse lately, was it because shifty was 'more important' with almost everything? Her Father's words not hers or mine.

maybe i should just leave the castle! maybe even the kingdom and go somewhere else! i don't belong here, they won't even miss me. not ever.

Storm opened the door and sat next to her sister on the bed, she loved her parent's but she hated how they were treating Aura. "Aura. i'm sure in some way they'd miss you...and even if they didnt, I would.."

yeah right you probably wouldn't! i think you'd like to be the only kid here and all the attention from mom and dad, if i ran away you'd be to busy to even notice i was gone! she didn't feel like talking so she did it this way since she knew Shifty would be able to understand.

Storm frowned a little bit and tried to think of what she could do to cheer her up, even if it was just for a little bit. she then got the idea to shape-shift into something that she liked. "Hey aura look at me!"

Aura turned around to see that Storm had shape-shifted into...Puss in boots from Shrek? the movie is really great so no one should question why she turned into him for some reason. never. "why did you..?" Shifty covers Aura's mouth with her paw. never.

Shifty began to give Her the big eyes as she took off the hat and got closer, hopefully this would work. Aura started to smile a little bit and then began to laugh. knew that would work...it always does.

"Shifty! um...a...a...Aria come down here please!" they heard their father then shout from downstairs. he got the name wrong again! at least mother knows my name...

"What is it Father? is it about that kingdom? do we need to send out some people?" Storm asked once they got downstairs a bit worried. would she have to go out and fight with them? was the new kingdom trying to fight the other one?

"no no why don't we all go star gazing or something? i heard that it was fun!" Her mother then said smiling. Even though they all of their power she thought it would maybe fun to try something together. and by 'together' i mean Shifty,Her father and mother, nothing about Aura.

Aura almost seemed a bit excited and then asked "Oh great! can i join?? is it gonna be all of us!" Neither Aura or Storm had star gazed before. this would be Storm's first time and she seemed a bit excited.

"No. Its only for Shifty and us, we might have to talk about a few things. go up to your room Aria." Her father said, he sounded monotone like her mother had the day before. Thats not my name! stop getting it wrong!

"Mother. Father. let AURA come out and do it with us! we don't need to talk right away! let's just have some fun for once or i'm not going out there!" Shifty said while crossing her arms and walking next to aura.

Her mother seemed to roll her eyes and then she said as her voice sounded monotone once again "Shifty no. you come outside with us right now and she will-"

Storm started getting angry when she then shape-shifted into a large tiger "NOW!" she yelled at them followed with a growl. when she got angry or felt a high emotion she couldn't help it and would always shape-shift into something.

Her Mother stepped back a bit startled with her eyes widened while her father just stood there but he did faintly seem scared by this. "a..alright then...come on let's go outside..."

Shifty smirked a little bit and turned back to her regular self as she hugged Aura and the four of them went outside to watch the stars. they seemed so beautiful tonight, Aura was glad she gets to see this. thank you...

All four of them watched the stars in silence for about ten minutes, none of them knew what to say and the stars were still just so beautiful. Her mother had done this once a few years ago while her Father had never done this before, it was his first time as well.

Their Father cleared his throat a little bit and looked towards the two kids seeming to get ready to say something. "So Ariel what do you think of the-"

Aura stood up as her hands were in fists as she looked at the two of them and went for it. "THAT'S NOT MY NAME, MY NAME IS AURA THE OTHER PRINCESS IN THIS CASTLE AND THE SISTER TO STORM AND THE DAUGHTER OF BOTH OF YOU!" she had slight tears in her eyes.

Her mother narrowed her eyes and began to say all monotone again "Ariel listen-"

"NO YOU LISTEN 'MOTHER' ! I DON'T THINK EITHER OF YOU HAVE EVER CARED FOR ME! WHO TOOK CARE OF ME WHEN I WAS A BABY AND JUST YOUNG?! SHIFTY! AND SHE ALSO HAS TO DEAL WITH YOU BOTH!" all of the years this had been bottled up, its time to release all of it.

Each time her mother and father tried to say something or got a bit far into saying something Aura would shout at them more. Storm had never seen her little sister like this, what the heck was she supposed to do?

Aura soon stopped she looked at her parents and then at storm as she runs back inside the castle. "wait Aura!" Shifty tried to go after her but Her father and Mother got a tight grip on her. "no. don't go after it."

Aura had ran into her room and grabbed a few things she felt like she would need and then ran out of the castle. she didn't stop there she started running out of the kingdom, she couldn't deal with this anymore.

i'm finally getting away from them all! im never coming back...i hope! im...sorry about all this shifty...

September 04, 2020 21:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

76 comments

04:01 Sep 09, 2020

Great job!! I have a question.... how old is Aura? Part 3...?

Reply

B. W.
04:11 Sep 09, 2020

Thanks ^^ Aura is 10 years old while Storm/Shifty is 16 years old, part 3 will be out when the new prompts come out so don't worry :) you have any guesses though on what would happen in the next part?

Reply

18:19 Sep 09, 2020

Ok! Hmm maybe storm/shifty will save Aura cause of all her powers. When you ask what people think is coming next, are you using that to come up with ideas? (Sorry if I sound rude, I am just wondering) And why is is Storm/Shifty? Why does she have two names? Sorry for all the questions!!

Reply

B. W.
18:23 Sep 09, 2020

Yes sometimes when i ask people i'm trying to come up with ideas but i also still wanna see what you'd all think what would happen vs what actually happens, its alright keep asking questions if ya need to ^^ i keep getting writers block lately tbh, Storm is her actual name while Shifty is her nickname because of her shape-shifting power, i think i said something about it in part 1 but im not sure though. any other questions?

Reply

18:41 Sep 09, 2020

Ohhhhhhh ok. That makes more sense. And ok, that is a good way to do it. Nope, I don't think I have any more questions. :)

Reply

B. W.
18:47 Sep 09, 2020

Yep ^^ and alright, but if you do then its fine to ask me :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:44 Sep 05, 2020

Ahh, that ENDING! Bon voyage, castle, haha! Anyways, awesome job!

Reply

B. W.
01:46 Sep 05, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ did you have a favorite part or character?

Reply

12:04 Sep 05, 2020

Hmm, my fav part was probably Aura’s outburst. Fun to read.

Reply

B. W.
12:05 Sep 05, 2020

Oh gosh im sorry i didn't even realize you saw this and the other one. but i'm still glad you liked the story and that part ^^ what do you think might happen in part 3?

Reply

14:05 Sep 05, 2020

Hehe, no problem, and I dunno

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
16:00 Oct 15, 2020

This is much better than the previous part! (probably because of better grammar) I enjoyed reading this one a lot. My fav part was when Aura's parents kept getting her name wrong. I did have one question though, what world is this set in? The shape-shifting is definitely fantasy, but you keep using modern references.

Reply

B. W.
16:15 Oct 15, 2020

I honestly have no idea, while yes the shape-shifting and mind reading is a fantasy thing you could use your imagination for what world its set in, i haven't fully thought of any of that

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Evelyn ⭐️
00:22 Sep 22, 2020

Loved it!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Katelyn T
01:00 Sep 08, 2020

Wow! This had me hooked and I can’t wait for part three! My favorite part was this: "NO YOU LISTEN 'MOTHER' ! I DON'T THINK EITHER OF YOU HAVE EVER CARED FOR ME! WHO TOOK CARE OF ME WHEN I WAS A BABY AND JUST YOUNG?! SHIFTY! AND SHE ALSO HAS TO DEAL WITH YOU BOTH!" all of the years this had been bottled up, its time to release all of it. I found this moment in particular to be incredibly heartfelt and powerful! Strong, memorable characters and an awesome plot! You’re such a talented writer!

Reply

B. W.
01:03 Sep 08, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked the story and that part as well ^^ part 3 will be out whenever the newer prompts come out so don't worry. you think im a talented writer? im glad ^^ though i don't consider myself one

Reply

Katelyn T
01:06 Sep 08, 2020

I do!! Keep going! Can’t wait to read more!

Reply

B. W.
01:08 Sep 08, 2020

you could check out some of my other stories maybe and leave feedback like youve done with this one ^^ like how about "goddess child" ?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Artemisia Pearl
17:33 Sep 06, 2020

Please come out with a third one! I gotta know what happens to Aura!

Reply

B. W.
17:46 Sep 06, 2020

Don't worry it's still a while until i can do more stories as i've done all this weeks prompts but there WILL be a part 3 at some point. though in part 3 is there maybe something you'd want to happen?

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
18:37 Sep 06, 2020

What if Aura becomes evil from being neglected by her parent and seeks out the help of a witch and if you fast forward to where both sisters are adults, Storm can battle her and make her realize that she is loved again.

Reply

B. W.
18:41 Sep 06, 2020

Hm thats honestly a really good idea and at the moment i don't have any ideas for it rn, i guess she'd also get her own powers as well then if she got help from a witch. do you maybe have any other ideas?

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
02:26 Sep 07, 2020

Aura could be favored by the witches, and they could make her their queen and she stays because she feels important there. I don't know if it's a good idea, but it is a clever plot twist!

Reply

B. W.
02:31 Sep 07, 2020

I don't think witches would favor a 10 year old and want to keep her unless this was hocus Pocus and they want her soul or something

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Yolanda Wu
00:36 Sep 05, 2020

Oh no, poor Aura. I really enjoyed reading this story, especially this part: "Aura turned around to see that Storm had shape-shifted into...Puss in boots from Shrek? the movie is really great so no one should question why she turned into him for some reason. never." I thought that was so good. Keep writing. Amazing work!

Reply

B. W.
01:30 Sep 05, 2020

Thank's im glad you still liked it ^^ why did you like that part a lot from it? it was my favorite part of the story i wrote but just wondering ^^

Reply

Yolanda Wu
02:02 Sep 05, 2020

It just gave me a really clear image, also gave me a good laugh.

Reply

B. W.
02:08 Sep 05, 2020

What do you think is going to happen in part 3?

Reply

Yolanda Wu
02:13 Sep 05, 2020

Oooh, I would love to see the parents' reactions to Aura leaving, and maybe Shifty looking for her. Of course, it's your story, so you can do whatever you want. But looking forward to part 3.

Reply

B. W.
02:17 Sep 05, 2020

part 3 honestly might be out somewhere tomorrow because i think i might have just got an idea but i don't wanna do it tonight, they probably wouldn't have much of a reaction though. have you seen how they've acted with her so far?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
22:29 Sep 04, 2020

Wow! I'm so sad that she left the castle! PART 3 PART 3 PART 3

Reply

B. W.
22:32 Sep 04, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part to this and what did you think about the parents? i'll try to make Part 3 soon don't worry :) question , do you also like romance?

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:33 Sep 04, 2020

My favorite part is when she changed into a tiger when she was mad. It added an interesting touch to Storm's powers. I also wanted to say I LOVE the names! I love romance! About to go read your romance now!

Reply

B. W.
22:40 Sep 04, 2020

yeah i really liked that as well ^^ thanks i kind of wanted some unique names and i don't think anyones used those types of names so i decided to go ahead and use them. yeah thanks with "Getting her back" its still a bit of romance but its towards the end but i say its still worth it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Erick Morin
17:32 Sep 12, 2020

Hey, This was a great continuation of the first part. The sisterly bond was still there. I laughed at the Puss in Boots moment. So, now, I just think the parents are just plain mean. I guess what they were really hiding was their lack of love. Maybe, they can redeem themselves?

Reply

B. W.
17:37 Sep 12, 2020

Thanks im glad you enjoyed it ^^ i just kind of watched some Shrek 2 while making this and Puss is one of my favorites so i decided to do it. Yeah the parents are just mean and kinda neglective because they only care for Storm since she has powers, but how could the parents redeem themselves? because i actually don't know and i'm not sure if they should be

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jade Young
18:13 Sep 10, 2020

Shifty is officially my favourite character in this series. The way she isn't afraid to stand up for sister against her parents shows agency that is really refreshing. It was pleasant and much welcomed surprise to click onto this story and have to read about the girls again. The only thing that sort of put me off was the punctuation at parts. When starting certain sentences, you didn't capitalise them. 'I' also wasn't capitalised in a few places. But if that was intentional, I'd love to know why you structured it in that way (is it so we don...

Reply

Jade Young
18:19 Sep 10, 2020

I checked my alerts now and saw you wanted feedback on the ending only now. My bad! But here it is: I was a little shocked that she left, but I completely understand where she's coming from. Sometimes not even the love of a sister and shelter us from the hurtful negligence of our parents. I think that given the relationship dynamic between them, getting away from her parents was the best decision she could've made. Sometimes we need to get away from it all to find healing and to learn to show ourselves the love that we can't find elsewher...

Reply

B. W.
18:31 Sep 10, 2020

Thats alright ^^ well yes, i wanted people to be shocked and surprised for the ending thats why i did it. but there might be some bad news as Aura might not come back to the kingdom ever, even with something for Shifty. Though there's still a chance she might come back to the kingdom at some point but thats also bad because when she left shes going to do something which is still bad.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
18:18 Sep 10, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it and shifty ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part to it or was it Shifty standing up for Aura in it? and my gosh- yeah your reading to much into that, i just forgot to do that, but thats way better and i might not change it. What do you think will happen with Aura from the ending since she ran away? any ideas, i'd love to hear your guesses for it :) part 3 will probably be out at some point tomorrow or Saturday with the new prompts as well, and do you possibly like Percy Jackson/Greek mythology?

Reply

Jade Young
18:24 Sep 10, 2020

Haha sorry, I'm an english major. As for part 3, I think maybe her sister will probably try to find her and convince her to come back. Either that or her parents will try and find her (she is a princess, after all, and is very valuable to the kingdom even if her parents fail to see that). And dude, I live for Rick Riordan's novels. They formed the basis of my childhood :D Who's your favourite character, your favourite god, and what's your favourite greek myth story? And do you only like PJ or have you read the Kane Chronicles and Magnus Cha...

Reply

B. W.
18:28 Sep 10, 2020

Maybe, maybe not :) my gosh yes i'm so glad you do! i have a series that i made because i was inspired by rick Riordan if ya wanna check out and leave feedback to "Goddess child" and "The camp" i can't answer the favorite character or favorite god because i have a lot of favorites! i also have a lot of favorite myths but here is two of them: the Eros and Psyche Myth and the Hades and Persephone Myth, there's more but these are just two of them. i've read most of the series along with Kane Chronicles and a bit of Magnus Chase

Reply

Jade Young
18:29 Sep 10, 2020

That is so cool :o I will definitely check those stories out :)

Reply

B. W.
18:33 Sep 10, 2020

Thanks ^^ since you love the Percy Jackson Series/The greek Myths i know you'll love them ^^ there's more parts than those two but you should check those two first and leave feedback before ya check the rest out so you won't be confused. I've always loved it :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
19:14 Sep 07, 2020

Hi, B.! This was a terrific sequel to the first story. I really enjoyed it. The ending left me wanting more. I can't wait for part three! Also, my favorite character was definitely Aura. My favorite part was either when Shifty turned into a tiger or when Aura had her outburst. Both parts were amazing! By the way, your grammar is getting a lot better! Practice makes perfect! Keep writing and stay healthy, Brooke D.

Reply

B. W.
19:18 Sep 07, 2020

Thanks i'm glad you liked it ^^ part 3 will happen whenever the newer prompts come out on Friday so don't worry. I'm also glad that i guess you think its getting a bit better. yeah those two parts for it were fun to do

Reply

19:21 Sep 07, 2020

My pleasure!

Reply

B. W.
19:27 Sep 07, 2020

What do you think might happen in part 3?

Reply

19:28 Sep 07, 2020

Not sure. I can't wait to read what does happen, though!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
17:29 Sep 05, 2020

YAY PART 2! My favorite part was when Aura exploded at her parents, I've been waiting to read that. :)

Reply

B. W.
17:34 Sep 05, 2020

im glad you liked it ^^ Aura kind of exploding at her Mom and Dad was one of the parts that i really liked doing. what do you think is going to happen in part 3 or what do you want to happen?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
22:01 Sep 05, 2020

I feel like Storm is going to have to rescue Aura. Aura is so determined to prove herself, she doesn't stop to consider the dangers of war. She'll run into a battlefield just to show her parents she has no fear, but she's still 10 years old. This is still a serious situation. And if Aura tries to run away, I can't see that getting past Storm. Besides caring about her sister, she can also read minds.

Reply

B. W.
23:27 Sep 05, 2020

Maybe :) yeah i could probably see her doing that, though its not her trying to show that she has no fear its to also show that shes useful and can do things without powers. Yeah storm would probably know and your right about the reading minds part but theres still a few ways that it COULD get past her, ya wanna know?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
12:02 Sep 07, 2020

I love it so much!! Again, there are a lot of issues with grammar. Make sure you're capitalizing the first word of every sentence, all names, and words like "I", "I'm", etc. (: It's improving though, good job!! My favorite character was probably Aura in this story because I understood her outburst and was glad she stood up for herself, and my favorite part was when Storm shifted into a tiger to scare/threaten the parents into letting Aura come stargazing with them.

Reply

B. W.
14:17 Sep 07, 2020

Thank's im glad you enjoyed it ^^ do you think you could maybe help me with something? and yeah i know i still have to try and improve with the capitalizing and a few other things.

Reply

Laiba M
19:08 Sep 07, 2020

No problem!! And yeah, I can help :)

Reply

B. W.
19:11 Sep 07, 2020

Thanks ^^ i hope this isn't really confusing or anything but i need ideas for something else i could do thats still fantasy. Like something i haven't done yet like not another part for my demi-god series or not another part for my shifty series just something new

Reply

Laiba M
23:36 Sep 07, 2020

How about incorporating fairies/elves/gnomes/dwarves/all that kind of stuff? Like the fairies and elves were the "royalty" or upper class, and gnomes and dwarves were the lower class/working class, or the other way around. I really like reading about miniature villages and houses in fantasy stories, if the descriptions are good! I'm sure if you tried it out you'd like it :)

Reply

B. W.
23:48 Sep 07, 2020

No but that's a good idea for you though ^^ maybe any other ideas? i do have a small idea if your wanting to hear it but i don't think its good

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.