121 comments

Adventure Fantasy

this is in another perspective with another character and it doesn't really show anything much from part 2 but once the other prompt comes out next time you'll see part 4, but i'm sorry that im making a lot of stories in one day. and its not really going into the future but you'll understand whats going on.

Zio sighed as he walked through the forest, he didn't feel like being in the camp for a while. He was the son of Zeus, though ever since he got to the camp a year ago no one ever liked him. it had been fine at first but when they realized who he was the son of, they hated him.

Zeus was known for what he did to all the mortal women and The goddesses, all the Demi-gods at the camp hated Zeus for it and were afraid that Zio would turn out like that. Or even worse than his father was.

He kind of kept to himself when he first arrived at the camp, he barely even went out of his cabin that much anymore. The only ones he could think that were fine with him were Eros and Psyche.

He liked leaving the camp a lot not caring about the dangers that could be there to just go for a hour long walk. He sometimes considered going back to whatever family he had left, but he always decided against it. he didn't know why though.

he probably had a better chance with his family than at the camp, his mother never cared who his father was. she MET him and was with him for a few years. why did he ever come to the camp in the first place?? if he hadn't ever gone to the camp, it probably would have been better.

"mom why do i have to go??" fifteen year old zio had asked, he was eighteen now in the present. At the time though he didn't understand, he knew he was a demi-god but nothing seemed to ever change when he discovered it.

He and a few other demi-gods discovered that they were a demi-god and didn't always know like Harmony or Lia since those two had wings and a tail. While he and some others just looked like regular people, so he never knew for a while.

"you'll be safer there honey...who knows what might happen to you if you stayed here..." his mother said as she gave him a hug. she didn't know if she would see him again or not.

he loved his mother and all but he thought that she made a terrible mistake with that. he wondered though if she found someone else, he didn't have any siblings so she has to be lonely.

He wondered as well if he could maybe ever find Zeus...he wanted to have a small talk with him. maybe he could understand why he did all of this, maybe he could change his ways.

He continued to walk through the forest making sure to not get to far away from the camp, if he did he would probably get lost. Probably wouldn't be to bad though, no one would probably notice that he was gone.

There were plenty of other God's who had done things like Zeus but it only ever seemed to be targeted to Zio. why?? the girl's at the camp were sometimes scared of him and tried their best to avoid him. they really thought that he was going to do it to them.

he finally decided to head back into the camp, he had been walking through the forest for almost 2 whole hours. it would probably get a bit dark soon and he wanted to sleep.

he started to get his way back to the camp when he trips and falls onto someone. aw crap its like one of those cheesy romantic movies. he looked down to see a girl with wolf ears and a tail, it was Lia daughter of Lupa.

he gasped a small bit as he quickly got off her and backed up a bit, he didn't want her to think he was trying to do something. why was he always terrible with girls?? even if he wasn't the son of Zeus he'd still be terrible with girls and even guys.

"Zio...? what are you doing out here?" she asked confused as she stood up with her ears twitching a bit. she usually went out here to try and find her 'pack' there was a group of wolves in the forest that she would go and visit.

She never expected anyone to really go out in the forest alone, especially not for a couple of hours. She had had just been done visiting the pack and was heading back when she had bumped into him.

"u-um no reason Lia...sorry about that...see you later!" he said a bit quickly and ran past her and into the camp. He hoped that she wouldn't tell anyone what happened or if anyone had seen that happen. he didn't want anyone to hate him worse...

Lia sighed as she watched him run off, probably back into his cabin. She had been wanting to talk to him for a while, she wanted to tell him something; but she probably wouldn't have the chance to. she didn't think she would ever see him again.

Zio lay on his cabin bed staring up at the ceiling. his Cabin didn't have four bed's instead it had two. His cabin mate was the son of Poseidon though he really ever saw him. was he busy or something?

He fell asleep by counting sheep that always seemed to help him when he had a lot of things on his mind. It's what his younger cousin told him to do and he guessed that it seemed to work.

In the morning he saw his Cabin-mate in the bed asleep, he seemed wet so Zio assumed that he must have been in the ocean for a while. He quickly got out of bed and leaves the cabin he was gonna go for another two hour walk.

When he reached the exit of the camp thats when he heard crashing and things falling. What was that?? he had to go check out what that was, maybe he could help.

He reached the collapsed building but he stayed decently far away to just see what was happening at first. It was a building that he had gone in only once when he first got there, he still didn't know why it had never been used. Was this why?

He saw what seemed to be Lia on her knees and...crying? what happened?...he could see another person that he didn't know who was trying to comfort Lia. Did something bad happen here...? why is she crying...?

August 28, 2020 23:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

121 comments

18:37 Sep 23, 2020

Hey, good job! I saw a few spelling and grammar errors, but aside from that, it was great!

Reply

B. W.
18:39 Sep 23, 2020

yeah i know- but it's to late to edit now tbh. did ya have a favorite part or character in this one as well?

Reply

18:40 Sep 23, 2020

I liked the end, great cliffie!!

Reply

B. W.
18:41 Sep 23, 2020

what did ya think about Zio?

Reply

19:05 Sep 23, 2020

You did a great job describing him and writing him!!

Reply

B. W.
19:06 Sep 23, 2020

You haven't checked out Getting her back yet but i will say that something happens to one of the characters

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:42 Sep 01, 2020

Wow! Another awesome cliffhanger! Zio was a very believable character and the way that the end tied into the second part was really cool. And I will for sure read the next part real soon! Keep writing and stay healthy, Brooke D.

Reply

B. W.
20:07 Sep 01, 2020

Thank's im glad you still liked this one ^^ yep i'm kind of doing a lot of cliff-hangers tbh that will lead up to what happened in part 2. I wanted to add a new character that was also really good and so i decided to add zio and i'm glad you like him ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part in this?

Reply

20:21 Sep 01, 2020

You're welcome! My favorite part was definitely the cliffhanger. Just like the part four.

Reply

B. W.
20:31 Sep 01, 2020

Is Zio Maybe your favorite character as well for it or is it someone else?

Reply

20:46 Sep 01, 2020

I think Zio is my favorite so far, or maybe Lia.

Reply

B. W.
20:54 Sep 01, 2020

Is there something that you'd maybe want to happen with one or the two of them?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
E.N. Holder
23:58 Aug 31, 2020

You are so creative B.W., and you also do a great job with keeping the voice and tone of the story consistent. I noticed that the tense of words changes a few times, and that is something you can look out for next time while writing! I really like Zio's character, (I also just love his name haha) and how you tie in characters from your previous stories into new ones. I love seeing how passionate you are about writing and how passionate you are about the reedsy community! Keep writing!

Reply

B. W.
00:03 Sep 01, 2020

Thank's im glad you enjoyed it and i guess i am a little bit ^^ Yeah The goddess child,The camp,not his fault and Her arrival are ones that are kind of like a full story along with maybe a few other ones. and don't worry i will keep writing :) the other part to this is "Her arrival" if you wanna go check that out and tell me what you thought. so for this story did you maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

E.N. Holder
00:14 Sep 01, 2020

I really liked the ending!

Reply

B. W.
00:20 Sep 01, 2020

Any ideas on what is gonna happen to Harmony?

Reply

E.N. Holder
00:21 Sep 01, 2020

Oh man I have no idea! Hopefully someone will come help her out!!

Reply

B. W.
00:22 Sep 01, 2020

Maybe, Maybe not

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Itay Frenkel
03:55 Aug 30, 2020

Once again great job! I loved how you created an internal struggle for Zio, being the son of Zeus, and that cliffhanger seemed like there was about to be external struggle too, like maybe Zio has to work with Lia to save someone, maybe he has to get over his fear of talking to the others to comfort her. Can’t wait for part 4!

Reply

B. W.
04:06 Aug 30, 2020

Thank's im glad you still enjoyed this one as well ^^ I decided to make him like this way and not have Zeus sorta be praised as the king of gods. Instead he's hated for all the stuff he's done and Zio kind of Hates him for it but like its said in the story he's also scared. In the next part there may be something like that, that you said with getting over his fear maybe :) its half and half tbh and its gonna be a while until part 4 comes out. Though while it isn't really part 4 i did make something else called "her arrival" that is centered ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
02:40 Aug 29, 2020

Awesome! Zio was a great new character. I liked how instead of the focus being on how powerful Zeus was, the campers had a different opinion. I felt for Zio and I'm excited to see him in part 3.

Reply

B. W.
02:43 Aug 29, 2020

Thank's i knew you would like it ^^ yeah i know Zeus is kind of the king of the gods or whatever but this is different, none of them care about it and hate all the terrible things he's done. There'll be more of Zio in the next parts whenever those would be out. though i think i need some help on thinking of ideas for what should happen in part 4, do you think you could help me? i have a while until i'd probably have to do part 4 but i still need some help with the ideas.

Reply

Kate Ulrich
23:02 Aug 29, 2020

Sure! What are you thinking of for part 4?

Reply

B. W.
23:08 Aug 29, 2020

I'm not going to say if she's alive or dead from the building yet but if you were to guess its a 50/50 chance and i need a few ideas for what would happen IF she was still alive after it and probably just stuck under there and a few ideas for what would happen IF she was dead from what had happened. i'm down for any ideas with it because still at the moment i can't think of any ideas at all or at least any good ideas either. i was first thinking of the ideas with the possibility of her being dead so could you start giving me ideas for that?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
23:17 Aug 29, 2020

Well, in your stories so far we haven't seen any adults, like camp counselors. If she's dead you could write a funeral scene where the people in charge try to figure out what to do and how it happened, and trying to explain to the campers all the circumstances that just happened. Just a thought, hope it helps.

Reply

B. W.
23:43 Aug 29, 2020

Okay any other idea's for a if shes dead scenario? that one is kind of good and i kind of got a sad idea with that one that Iris would be the one to be holding the funeral for her daughter and wishing she could have met her before her death but i just wanna hear a few more ideas for that one

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:37 Aug 29, 2020

Aweeeeeeesome! Good ending...Zio’s a good characters. Keep writing!

Reply

B. W.
00:39 Aug 29, 2020

Thank's i'm glad you liked this one ^^ and yep Arren is kind of a nod towards you if you were still wanting to know :) did you maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

00:41 Aug 29, 2020

Yaaay! Like usual, I don’t really have a fav part! If I DO have a perfected segments, it’s pretty much always any funny bits, just so you know. So...um...yeah!

Reply

B. W.
00:42 Aug 29, 2020

Oh alright good to know ^^ what did you think about Zio's past type thing? like with him and the Zeus stuff since ya said hes a good character

Reply

00:45 Aug 29, 2020

He has a good background! It really establishes him as a character...I mean, his dad is the king of the gods, with makes WHATEVERS personality he has that much interesting...like, if we eased his current personality, and made him stuck up, INTERESTING. Makes sense. If we make him really, really nice and modest, INTERESTING. Opposite, but makes sense in that way. It’s really cool!

Reply

B. W.
00:50 Aug 29, 2020

i could try to make him act like that a bit but the thing is that he doesn't really care that his Father is the king of the gods the only thing with that he cares about is being a demi-god. in this mostly everyone dislikes Zeus for all his really weird things with going after the Goddesses and mortal women and making them have his babies. He doesn't really want to be like Zeus and is scared of being considered like him. if he were ever able to meet Zeus there would be a lot of things he'd go and say. though its still advice and thanks Aerin :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Anii ✨
16:04 Oct 20, 2020

Nice job! I really like how everyone's backstories are different! Your stories are so fun! Good job!

Reply

B. W.
16:09 Oct 20, 2020

Thanks, i'm glad you still liked this one ^^ what did you think about Zio in this?

Reply

Anii ✨
16:10 Oct 20, 2020

I thought that the way you showed his internal struggle was really good. And instead of going for the stereotype that Zeus is the best, I liked how you were creative.

Reply

B. W.
16:15 Oct 20, 2020

Yeah, He isn't really my favorite, and after all he did all that stuff to the mortal women and some of the goddesses, so i decided to do this

Reply

Anii ✨
16:18 Oct 20, 2020

Yeah. It makes a lot of sense.

Reply

B. W.
16:19 Oct 20, 2020

Do you remember the next part of the thing?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
03:03 Sep 24, 2020

Zio is a very relatable character! I can relate to everyone hating on him because of someone else's wrongdoings. I love the romance building up between him and Lia!

Reply

B. W.
03:12 Sep 24, 2020

thank's i'm glad you liked it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part with this one?

Reply

03:24 Sep 24, 2020

When he bumped into Lia, and the way he stuttered 😂

Reply

B. W.
03:37 Sep 24, 2020

so ya like Zia? (the ship name)

Reply

03:38 Sep 24, 2020

Definitely!

Reply

B. W.
03:54 Sep 24, 2020

the next one ya gotta check out is Her arrival and then Getting her back ^^

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
11:47 Sep 01, 2020

This is such a creative way to pick up the story! (You have amazing cliffhangers :)) I love how each of these characters has unique perspectives on the story which makes the plot more interesting. I hope Harmony is going to be okay... Another great read...and keep it up!!!

Reply

B. W.
12:51 Sep 01, 2020

Thank's im glad you still liked it. I've been wanting to do this type of cliff-hanger for a while now so i finally decided to do it in the camp and i guess its great. Each part is always probably gonna have a different character's perspective because i kinda like doing it and its interesting. She might be okay and she might not be okay, any guesses on what will happen to her? and did you maybe have a favorite part or character?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lynn Penny
02:56 Aug 31, 2020

This was an awesome second perspective, you are really shooting out these stories!

Reply

B. W.
02:59 Aug 31, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked the story ^^ i love writing so whenever a new prompt comes out i always make 3 or sometimes 4 stories for it :) i was also wondering if you could maybe check out "First love" its not a new story but its my first romance story and i want someone to tell me what they think for it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Great story! I think you developed Zio's character really well, and his struggle with being the son of Zeus. Your development of your "Demi-god" world is really cool and well written. I love how lots of your stories are all linked. Great job!

Reply

B. W.
02:34 Aug 31, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked this one as well ^^ did you have a favorite part or character?

Reply

well I mean I guess my favorite character would probably have to be Zio, even though he's like the most obvious choice. For the moment, I really liked it when Zio tripped on Lia I thought that scene was really funny.

Reply

B. W.
03:04 Aug 31, 2020

Yeah it seems a bit obvious in a few ways but its still fine that hes your favorite character of it. i'm not gonna try and ship those two with that part i just kind of find it funny in a lot of romance things that sometimes they might trip over each other and fall on each other making everyone else think something else so i decided to do it. part 4 will be out at some point soon so do you have any guesses on what might happen in that one?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Artemisia Pearl
19:52 Aug 30, 2020

That was an amazing story! I loved Zio's back story!

Reply

B. W.
19:55 Aug 30, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ did you have a favorite character?

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
00:04 Aug 31, 2020

I know Harmony wasn't mentioned much in this story, but she is definitely my favorite! I love all of her rainbows!

Reply

B. W.
00:10 Aug 31, 2020

I mean-shes under a collapsed building at the moment and Zio had never met her yet so its understandable on why shes not mentioned so much until kind of the end. it isn't said but you can already know its about her at the end. I'm glad you still liked her though, do you have any guesses though now on what might happen to her in part 4?

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
14:33 Sep 01, 2020

I really am not sure. I just know that she reminds me of a person I know and love, so thats why she is my favorite! Also, I just wrote a story called the concept of travel. Can you check it out?

Reply

B. W.
14:35 Sep 01, 2020

Aw thats honestly kinda cute a bit. and sure ill give it a read soon.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Libby Carter
14:57 Aug 30, 2020

I loved meeting the new character. Zio is awesome! Another great story!

Reply

B. W.
14:59 Aug 30, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it :) did you have a favorite part to it?

Reply

Libby Carter
15:02 Aug 30, 2020

I’m not sure if I had a favorite part, but Zio is definitely my favorite character.

Reply

B. W.
15:04 Aug 30, 2020

Do you have any ideas on whats gonna happen to Harmony? i'd love to hear some guesses

Reply

Libby Carter
15:09 Aug 30, 2020

Sadly I have no idea, but I can’t wait to find out.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:04 Aug 29, 2020

Once again, great story. I like how you're showing the perspective from one person to another. You did a great job of connecting it with the Camp. Can't wait to read more!

Reply

B. W.
18:07 Aug 29, 2020

I'm glad you still liked this as well ^^ yeah Harmony was the main one in the first, arren in the second and Zio in the third. there's probably gonna be a different perspective in the fourth one as well. It'll be a while until the next part comes out though but i'll tell you when it does, but what do you think happened to Harmony for Lia to be crying at the end of the story?

Reply

18:16 Aug 29, 2020

Well considering I read The Camp, Harmony was stuck under the building, I would imagine Lia was crying because perhaps Harmony died?

Reply

B. W.
18:18 Aug 29, 2020

Well i won't say it fully but there's a 50/50 chance that your right about it and another chance that your wrong about it. but if she was what do you think would have happened?

Reply

18:22 Aug 29, 2020

Your answer is on the other comment I made when you asked me what I think should happen next.

Reply

B. W.
02:09 Aug 30, 2020

hey :) i just finished something thats related to it, its not really part 4 but its still something with it. go check out "her arrival" and tell me what you think

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jan H
17:40 Aug 29, 2020

Good job showing the struggle Zio has as a teenager being the son of Zeus. The ending makes me believe that Lia is crying because Harmony may be dead. I may be wrong. Keep up the good work.

Reply

B. W.
17:49 Aug 29, 2020

Yeah, normally i think everyone just cares about Zeus being the King of Gods or whatever he is. but this one is different, because instead of that they hate him from all the stuff he's done to the goddesses and mortal women like it also stated in the thing itself. So not at the demi-gods have a good life as one I think out of the characters so far Zio may be the one with the most hard time at the camp or just life in general. you MAY be right or wrong with the ending, i won't fully say what it is but what do you think would happen if in the ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nayab Ahmar
01:44 Aug 29, 2020

Nice!! I really like Zio's character; his back story is interesting as well!!! It was fun to see his perspective of part 2. Great job, and keep writing! :)

Reply

B. W.
01:47 Aug 29, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ I decided that there needed to be a child of Zeus and so i went with zio and i thought of his backstory a few days ago before i made this. What do you think is going on with Lia at the very end of the story and did you maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

Nayab Ahmar
02:06 Aug 29, 2020

I know Lia is with Arren where it left off in part 2... as for my favourite part it would be getting to know his backstory, and that he's a son of Zeus :)

Reply

B. W.
02:09 Aug 29, 2020

Im glad you still like that stuff, what do you think is going to happen to harmony? do you think she's gonna live?

Reply

Nayab Ahmar
02:19 Aug 29, 2020

I hope she does!!!

Reply

B. W.
02:21 Aug 29, 2020

I may or may not add another character into the next part im not entirely sure though so is there maybe a child of a certain god or goddess you'd want to see?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Yolanda Wu
00:08 Aug 29, 2020

Oooh, yes, I love Zio. This story was such a wonderful addition! And oh no, Lia at the end. Amazing work!

Reply

B. W.
00:11 Aug 29, 2020

Im glad you enjoyed this one ^^ is there any reasons why ya love Zio? and what do you think is going on at the end of the story to be making Lia cry like that? i'd love to hear your guesses

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
02:17 Aug 29, 2020

Cool story! I really liked the different perspective! I still really liked the ending. It was amazing! Great job!

Reply

B. W.
02:20 Aug 29, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ what did you think of Zio?

Reply

Avery G.
02:34 Aug 29, 2020

He was cool! I liked how he just took walks in the forest.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.