94 comments

Adventure Fiction Fantasy

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐞! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐊𝐲 𝟏𝟎𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬𝐲! 𝐈 𝐚𝐊 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐊𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐊𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐊 𝐑𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬𝐲! 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐀 𝐲𝐚𝐮 𝐬𝐚 𝐊𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐚𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐊𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧! 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭! ❀


I will hunt you down...I won’t let you live. 

I will make sure that you die. 

Beware, Devaki, BEWARE! 

“Hey, what’s wrong Devaki?” asked Laiba. 

“Oh...nothing, Laiba, call Rachel and Isaac for a second.” she told Laiba. 

“Ok,” 

You think that you and your puny friends will be able to defeat me?  

Ha!  

In your dreams, Devaki!  

“What’s up, Devaki?” asked Isaac.  

Devaki saw Rachel right behind him. 

“I want to tell you something. I feel as if, Avnee...she...I don’t feel good. What have I ever done to her? Why won’t she leave me alone? We even agreed to part our own ways!”  

“Calm down, Devaki.” consoled Rachel. “Isaac and I have the field crew ready. Laiba is really improving her archery skills. Nainika has gotten good at the spy work. Of course, Valerie is teaching them how to do all of this. Plus, everyone has been doing excellent in their training lessons.” 

“But still, I don’t fear that Avnee will hurt me, but I am afraid she will hurt you all.” Devaki was upset. 

“No need to, Devaki. Trust us, we have got the crew ready. If she ever strikes, we will all make sure that we are two steps ahead of them.” Isaac said to Devaki. 

“You’re right, Isaac, I trust my crew.” 

✩✩✩ 

“Kamryn! Are you done yet?” hollered Sapphire. 

“It isn’t as easy as you think it is Saph!” she hollered back. 

“GIRLS! Devaki must be ahead of us! What have you two been doing? Oh, let me guess, fooling around like toddlers?! I told you, Devaki has an emotional side...our parents. Well, “her” parents, since mom and dad left me in the orphanage to rot.” Avnee got angry at the two. 

“I am really sorry, Devaki. Luna, Leroy, and Katya have reported to us that they are done with the chip. Actually, I am pretty sure that Devaki has been getting all these messages. Our transmitter has been showing us the data for when they reached her camp.” said Sapphire. 

“Good work, Saph,” 

Kamryn wasn’t looking so happy after Anvee’s words. 

Smirking at Kamryn, Sapphire thanked Avnee and giggled back to her work. 

“I will make sure that Devaki’s life is ruined. She has gotten all the love and compassion from everyone, and what have I got? Nothing, well, other than these sidekicks. My childhood has been ruined by you, and to get even, I will ruin your life and your sidekicks. Then, you’ll finally understand all the pain and sufferings...” Avnee chucked maniacally. 

... 

“Avnee, I have good news for you!” Luna had come in. 

“What is it?” 

“This chip can be the solution. We are sure to win. It will make sure to demotivate her as much as you can, though it won’t work if the others wear it. Since Devaki is really nice...” Luna noticed Avnee giving a disgust look at her, “...in a bad way, of course, so she will make sure that she suffers from this chip. The longer she wears it, the more it will poison and weaken her body.” 

“You know, Luna, this is why I assigned you the team caption of Katya and Leroy! Those fools who ran away are probably realizing mistake by now.” 

She will pay for this... 

✩✩✩ 

“Are you sure that they’ll let us in?” asked Lillian. 

“Well, we did run away from Avnee and the rest for a reason.” replied Sarah. 

“But how are you so sure that they will trust us to fight alongside them and help Devaki and the crew?” questioned Tiffany. 

“Look, guys, I suggest that we stop worrying about all of this. I think we should just explain their rotten plan. Let’s just be calm and enter. From there, we shall see how they behave towards us.” Ellie replied. 

Suddenly, they saw Valerie open the door. She wanted to go to her training lesson, but of course, didn’t expect visitors—especially them. 

“ISAAC! LAIBA! DEVAKI! NAINIKA! RACHEL! GUARDS UP! INTRUDERS HAVE ARRIVED! COME ON!” she took out her sword and began fencing with them. 

“No, no! Look, we came for peace! We don’t want to fight you! Please, trust us! Let us in!” the four begged, but Valerie didn’t even bother listening to them. 

Just then, Devaki arrived. 

“STOP!” she ordered Valerie. “Why did you all come here? If Avnee wants anything, then she shouldn’t send her minions here. ” 

“No, we ran away from her base camp,” explained Sarah. 

“So, you expect us to listen to whatever you say? We want proof.” 

“I told you! This will never work!” Lillian groaned. 

“Ok, you want proof? Well, have you been lately receiving negative messages, Devaki?” 

“Y-yes, wh-why? Avnee did this! I knew she did!” 

“Well, the others have bugged you. You might be feeling weak right now, and that is because this piece of technology has venom in it, and if you wear this continuously for a week...well, you might not survive. Avnee is planning on war, revenge for her childhood. For what your parents did to her. Be cautious, because this piece will not impact any of us, except you and Avnee.” 

“Why?” Devaki croaked in fear and shock. She was hearing too many things and couldn’t process all of this. 

“Because you two have the same blood. Are both sisters...” explained Ellie. 

“We are saying that we should rebel against Avnee’s crew. Once we corner them, we can insert the chip inside her, and she will go down.”  

“No. I won’t hurt her, I cannot! She’s my sister.” 

“But does she ever show that love towards you Devaki?” Rachel asked her. 

“She doesn’t need to love me, but I do. No matter what she does. We will go to the Rubicon Valley, and if needed, we will fight, but I cannot let you poison my sister. She is only doing this for revenge, but I am elder sister and your team leader. You four, what are your names?” asked Devaki. 

“My name is Lillian. Her name is Ellie, the one over there is Sarah, and she is Tiffany.” 

“Ok, Lillain, Ellie, Sarah, Tiffany, you are officially one of us.” 

“Thank you!” the four squealed with joy. 

✩✩✩ 

“Avnee?” Leroy called her. 

“What do you want?” she answered back, rather rudely, though, expected. 

“Come here, we need to tell you something.” 

“Oh no, did Katya do something wrong?” 

“No! Of course not, it’s just...well, none of us did anything wrong, it’s just, they reached.” 

“Who?” 

“The betrayers. This chip has a micro camera designated within it, and it’s capturing all of this and sending it to our data files. We found this one.” 


 

“They told Devaki our plan!? NO! NO! I WILL NOT LET THEM WIN! THIS IS A BATTLE IN WHICH I DESERVE TO WIN! THEY CANNOT DO THIS TO ME! MARCH TO THE RUBICON VALLEY, AND BRING YOUR WEAPONS! WE WILL START THE FIGHT AND END IT, JUST LIKE HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE.” 

“O-ok, Avnee, I will—” 

Suddenly, they heard a knock on their door. Katya rushed and curiously, opened the door.  

“Your 4? Go and serve Devaki!” yelled Katya and almost closed the door when Sky held it. 

“No, you have to listen. We never liked her in the first place. They didn’t even notice that we’re gone, because we snuck out of there. I am Sky, over there is Maya, Delta, and Mania.” 

“Hmm, I bet Devaki sent you four here to spy on us! You know about the chip because of Lillian, Ellie, Sarah, and Tiffany, don’t you?” asked Katya. 

“Well, yes. But we understand Avnee’s pain and frustration about her terrible sister. They have a strong team with ferocious members. But with us on the team, oh, we’ll assure you that you will win.” they persuaded Katya. 

“What is all of the commotion going on here, Katya?!” questioned Avnee. 

“These people want to join us...they say that they’re not spies and can help us win. I say we recruit them, because we are in trouble. Devaki’s team have a high chance of winning, and we will be in trouble. What do you say, Avnee?” 

Just then, Luna came in. “What are they doing here? Shouldn’t they be fighting for that Devaki? Avnee, please tell them to leave. They don’t know who they’re messing with. I bet those four told them all our plans. We already made a mistake joining them on our team, do you really want to do the same with these four?” 

“Katya is right. We are in need to win the war in Rubicon Valley. We need more people in field team. If these four are all that we have left, then we have no other choice. Don’t you want me to stand taller than Devaki? Don’t you want our team to rise?” Devaki started speaking. 

“Yes,” Luna mumbled quietly. 

“Then consider this as an emergency recruitment you four. But don’t let me down...if you do, the consequences are high. You might be seeing the world one last time if I ever catch you guys tricking us.” 

“Umm...y-yes, of course Avnee!” the four spoke frightened. 

“Well, let the war begin! Kamryn, Sapphire, quick! Shoot the gun, and we will start this fight.” ordered Avnee. 

“We’re on it Avnee!” replied the two. 

BOOM! BOOM! 

✩✩✩ 

“Did you hear that?” asked Rachel. 

“That sound...oh no!” Isaac was worried. 

“Quick, Laiba, call Devaki!” yelled Nainika. 

“I’m on it!" replied Laiba. 

“I’ll let the four new recruits know what we’re headed for.” Valerie said to the team. 

“I...I hear it. Avnee came much sooner than I expected.” 

“Yes, but no need to worry. I had already removed the chip from you right after, so it won’t affect you too much. But, just saying, I think you should rest here. Don’t come to battle arena to fight, it’s not safe for you yet.” advised Sarah. 

“I’ll try, but it’s hard to accept the fact that I should just stay here while all my friends go out there, including you, risking their lives for me. My sister doesn’t deserve this. She should understand pain. But, at the same time, I love her. I don’t know what to do, Sarah. If only you would understa—” 

Chills of glass burst out and inside their cabin. Many arrows had poked holes inside their place, destroying it.  

“COME ON FOOLISH SISTER! COME DEVAKI! COME! IF YOU REALLY ARE THAT BRAVE AS EVERYONE CLAIMS YOU ARE! COME AND FIGHT ME!” Avnee yelled ferociously. 

“Don’t go Devaki! Sarah, Ellie, and I will go and fight. Tiffany will stay here with you!” pleaded Lillian. 

“No. She is my sister, and I have to face her. This is not the quarrel in which you two should interfere in. This is our quarrel, and we should resolve it.” commanded Devaki. 


 

It had been some time, but Devaki trudged across the fields, and finally reached the Valley. She was already tired and was going to faint, but she held all in. 

“Avnee, listen to me, I know about the chip, and yet I forgive you. Please, let’s start over.” 

“NO! You, mom, and dad ruined my life! Made me rot in the orphanage! How could you all do that?!” 

“We already discussed this, Avnee. We can stop fighting! Please, listen to me! We can have a new sisterhood again. I know it must hurt for you, knowing that I lived a better life, but I care about you! I wish you would listen to me! I love you! I really do, and if you are willing to start over, I would be more than ecstatic.” Devaki tried to convince Avnee. 

“I—” Avnee couldn’t finish her sentence. She started sobbing, and soon threw away her weapons, and hugged her sister. And for the first time, she felt good. 

Devaki hugged back. 

“I am so sorry, for all the I have done. I was just...jealous, mad that your childhood was better than mine. But now I understand what a fool I have been. I love you too, Devaki.” 

“Me too, Avnee.” 

~The End~ 



February 23, 2021 22:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

94 comments

WHOOOOOOO!! 100th STORY EVERYONE!! I INCLUDED 20 PEOPLE FROM REEDSY BASED ON THE NAMES I RECEIVED YESTERDAY!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!! <3 Character Key: Main Protagonist: 1. Devaki Inadmar Main Antagonist: 1. Avnee Writes 5 People working with Protagonist: 1. Laiba 2. Rachel 3. Valerie 4. Isaac 5. Nainika 5 People working with Antagonist: 1. Kamryn (Amythyst) 2. Katya (Kate) 3. Leroy (Jose) 4. Luna 5. Sapphire 4 People who betrayed antagonist and joined protagonist: 1. Lillian Brooks 2. Ellie 3. Sarah 4. T...

Reply

Izzie Q.
23:51 Feb 23, 2021

CONGRATS LALIA!!! You are SO talented! Sad I wasn't able to make it into this story, but maybe another one? You did really well and I love the way this turned out! You're pacing was even and diolouge was very well timed, even with all the characters!! I look forward to more and I'm so lucky to know you <3

Reply

Thank you so much Izzie! I will write a story dedicated just for you soon! :))

Reply

Izzie Q.
00:09 Feb 24, 2021

Awww, really you don't need to!! I don't want to add any extra pressure to you, you're already super busy! Congrats again on your 100th story! Big achievement and you've inspired me so much! Maybe I'll get to 100 one day hahah ttyl!!

Reply

Of course I will! Consider it as my little present! :))) Oh, I'm not that busy at all! But your support means so much! <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
23:20 Feb 23, 2021

100 stories!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reply

Show 1 reply
Ellie Yu
23:52 Feb 23, 2021

This was really enjoyable to read! You have a distinct writing style that almost seems to pop. Once again, thanks so much for working my name into this story, and congrats on 100 stories!

Reply

Show 1 reply
13:39 Feb 24, 2021

OMG!!!!!! TYSM FOR FEATURING ME!!! Also, CONGRATULATIONS ON 100 STORIES!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Valerie June
23:59 Feb 23, 2021

Congratulations Laila on 100 stories!!!! I can't believe you were able to fit so many characters in one story, that was pretty impressive. Thanks so much for including me! I thought that the story had a fast pace and, in about one day, you were able to piece together a functioning story which is quite impressive. Thanks again for your beautiful stories who inspire me and so many others!

Reply

Of course, Leroy! ;) I had a blast writing this story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Eddie Thawne
22:52 Feb 23, 2021

I love this story so much. Absolutely fantastic! Congratulations on your hundred stories. Well done, Laila.

Reply

Thank you so much Eddie! Please let me know if you want a story dedicated to you! I will happily do so.

Reply

Eddie Thawne
23:18 Feb 23, 2021

You're Welcome, Laila. Of course, I do. I'll be most joyous and grandly honored if you do so.😊

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Yay!!! Congratulations on 100 stories Laila!!! Can I call you L? Amazing work!!!! Sorry, I can't give enough compliments, I'm literally about to go to bed. Sorry!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies

WoO! Congrats on your 100th storyyyyy! ·.žž.·♩♪♫ 𝓒𝓞𝓷𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓜𝓌 ♫♪♩·.žž.· (I know other people already said it but...)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cassia Savage
02:01 Feb 24, 2021

This is amazing! 👏 congratulations for 100 stories! 👏 never stop writing, Laila!

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
00:20 Feb 24, 2021

Congrats on your 100th story ^^ I don't really have a lot to say about this besides that it is really great, and I loved what you did for the prompt. I also really like what you did with everyone in it, and I'll give this a 10/10 :)

Reply

B. W.
00:24 Feb 24, 2021

No prob ^^ Your stories have always been so great :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Vera Vuscoe
12:15 Jul 02, 2022

I don't think you'll see this, but I just wanted to do this because it feels...right, you know? I don't know why you left, and I would like to know, even though I can't. It makes me cry every single time I see that someone has left Reedsy. I almost left myself. In fact, I did, and then something almost...pulled me back. If you ever do come back, though, please reply to this comment or comment on one of my stories. Let me know in some way that you are active again. I will be looking out for that. Your stories are amazing, and as one of the...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Laiba M
00:58 Mar 13, 2021

CONGRATS ON 100 STORIES!!! AND THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR INCLUDING ME IN YOUR STORY!!!!!!!! IT MEANS THE WORLD!! ❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀🧡💛💚💙💜❀🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❀...

Reply

Show 0 replies

Hey Hari. Just saw your note, I really hope where ever u are, that you'll always be happy and never give up writing because ur a natural at it. I'm gonna miss u so much:((( Reedsy just won't be fun without u. I hope u read my message and I wanna say. Thank you so much for being my friend and reading my stories. Your messages always make my day, hopefully one day we can talk again. Your friend -Varsha

Reply

Show 0 replies
Radhika Diksha
06:57 Mar 03, 2021

I don't know the reason due to which you are leaving( this concludes that I am not a stalker). I got to know it late, I saw your bio now. Sometimes I feel guilty when anyone leaves, if I had the power to stop I would have definitely stopped you. You are such an amazing person. I kinda saw your behavior changed from the past few months, when I had come here you were so bubbly and kind. Even you are kind now, but I see something, not "hari" in you which I used to see. You gave this platform tremendous stories for which I am grateful. We don't ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Eva Bhalla
16:05 Feb 28, 2021

Oh my so many characters! it's impressive you fit them all in 3000 words, this story was also nicely detailed. I love the idea, so sweet at the end. This is your 100th story? Wow! I am so happy for you! Keep writing keep improving and keep going!

Reply

Show 0 replies

WAIT WHAT? NOOOO! Omg why?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kate Reynolds
13:41 Feb 26, 2021

Ok first of all CONGRATS ON 100 STORIESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *confetti* *confetti* Now onto the story!!! OMG I LOVED THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Thank you soooooo much for including meeee!!!!!! I really liked the ending (we love a calming resolution!!!) And wow just this story in generallllllllll WONDERFUL JOBBBBBB

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kristin Neubauer
19:00 Feb 25, 2021

Congrats on 100! And congrats on keeping all your characters straight in this one. I love it when you guys do a Reedsy friends story - it fun to shift everyone into a different light for a moment. This was such a great story and, as always, so well-written. Onward to 200!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mary Kate
16:33 Feb 25, 2021

Congrats Laila on the 100 stories- wow, that's got to be over 100,000 words by definition :-)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.