268 comments

Fantasy

The cookie was on the floor, the bite taken in my mouth. I couldn't believe what I had just done, but I couldn't feel an immediate change. What did she say the power was?

"Omnipresence." It was a large courtyard, the willows whispering back and forth, but I could still hear her. It was a woman, wearing a cyan cape. She seemed stout, but also frail, an oxymoron embodied in a human.

"What the Malefice is omnipresence?" When the voice came out of me, it seemed different somehow. Far away. That was when I realized it, the person standing next to her. It was me. But that wasn't possible, wasn't it?

The lady pushed the me with both hands, sending her cascading back into me. It was jarring, feeling the me absorbed. It was icy water getting dumped all over you.

"Consul Rand, have you not educated Lariona on our lore? I expected more of you, my girl." Her voice was condescending and reserved.

"Excuse me, but who are you? I thought Ayn was in charge!" The laugh that escaped her mouth seemed so odd that I could almost see it coming out of her mouth.

"My child, Ayn has been alive for as long as I've started drinking tea! Forgive me, you don't seem to understand. My name is Duchess Mira Caplan, High Empress of the SRE." My jaw dropped into the depths of my stomach, not willing to come back up.

"Wait, you're the person in the thing? The founder of the SRE?"

"And your ancestor, yes. My royal blood is why you have such a high ability. No, keep the mouth shut, I'm going to explain if you wait a second." She was a little snappy, but that was what all relatives were like.

"Yes, I'm related to you, no, I'm not a ghost, yes, that has something to do with my abilities. I received the second and third-rarest abilities, reality-altering and mind powers." So that was why she'd answered my thoughts. Weird. That kinda made me want to claw my brain out, or at least imprison it in metal.

She continued, not even giving me a chance to rest. The willows seemed to be laughing at me.

"You received Omnipresence, the rarest good spectrum gift. Yeah, yeah, I know 'What is it'. It basically means you can be everywhere at once or nowhere at once, which is why you were next to me and over there." Wait, what? She needed to learn to slow down.

"What do you mean, good spectrum?" There was like waaaaaaaaaaaay too much stuff going on, and the other members seemed to be laughing at me. That was when the Duchess took off her hood.

She looked almost exactly like my mom. The uncanny resemblance kept making me hear "Lariona, come down, customers are coming." The tips of her hair had red tints, but the rest was stark-white. She had to be at least three hundred years old, but she didn't look a day over seventy.

"Lariona, I am not allowed to wield my powers against others, due to my immense age. I can only use them passively. This is why I wish to pass them on to you." Her face looked pained as she said it, like she'd swallowed a cup of lemon juice.

"Wait, don't you have like three? And don't I need to eat a cookie?" Again, laughter from all the hooded members.

"No, child, that is one way to receive it. You can also receive it through the willing sacrifice of another." Part of me wanted to call her Grammy. Grammy looked stressed, exasperated, a little flatulent. Then again, who wouldn't?

"The only trouble is that I don't have them."

"Well, where are they then?" She seemed to have all the answers, so I didn't expect the moment's pause.

"In the Demogor's vaults."

_______________________________________________

"Hurry, child, we must be quick." The black cloak with the serpent weighed down on my shoulders, its hood humid and smelly. I didn't know who had the cloak before me, but I didn't want to know.

The lady with me, Moonbyul Solar, had been helping me through the Demogor stronghold for weeks. Apparently she was pretty high up here, and Grammy kept telling me we were lucky to have her as a contact. She gave me the heebie-jeebies, though, even as she led me down the thin hallway, the only light coming from her watch.

Suddenly, Moonbyul stopped. I couldn't see well enough, but I could tell there was a door. It came into focus, slowly easing into my eyesight, and I could see it in full. The door was an onyx door, carved with gold, a large ruby in the center. It was probably the most beautiful door I'd ever seen.

"Quickly, now." Moonbyul's arms were strong and rough, and they ushered me in as a bodyguard would.

"What am I supposed to look for?" The room the door led to was dark, a skylight beaming in from the ceiling, with ornate furnishings. I never thought that evil could be that beautiful.

"I don't know. The Empress told me to lead you here and wait."

"For what?"

"For them to come." Suddenly it dawned on me. I remembered what Ayn had said when she told me the story of Grammy. "She founded both the Demogor and the SRE." What if she had never been faithful to the SRE? What if the SRE was her puppet, her body to leech the blood out of?

"I have to get out of here." I started to run for the door, tried to jiggle the handle, but I couldn't open it. I turned back to Moonbyul.

"Help me!" I pleaded with my eyes, but she turned on me.

Smoke began to pour from her wrists, solidifying around her in a shawl of some sort. As soon as it settled, I let out a shriek. It was me. She had turned into me.

"No... No!!!!" I ran around, pounded against the door with all my might, but it was no use. Footsteps were cascading down the hallway, coming for me.

Please, please please please help me. I begged to my supposed power, my Omnipresence. I imagined the courtyard, the judgmental willows.

"Get me out of here!"

December 16, 2020 19:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

268 comments

. .
19:57 Dec 16, 2020

ENJOY!!!! DEDICATED TO FRANK AGUILERA, A.S., NAINIKA GUPTA, CELESTE, MIRA CAPLAN, JENNIE, and KATE REYNOLDS!!!!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
00:14 Dec 17, 2020

thank you! so honored!

Reply

. .
00:29 Dec 17, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
20:12 Dec 16, 2020

Yaaaaaaaay!!!

Reply

. .
21:13 Dec 16, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nainika Gupta
02:13 Dec 17, 2020

love it dude :)

Reply

. .
19:26 Dec 17, 2020

:D

Reply

Nainika Gupta
19:47 Dec 17, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 4 replies
✰ Jennie ✰
00:35 Dec 17, 2020

new emoji: Anne frank right? that was easy i think...

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
00:36 Dec 17, 2020

plus imma go upvote you to like 20th place

Reply

Show 0 replies
Vivian Bee 🐝
00:44 Dec 17, 2020

AWWW you beat me to it!! Anne Frank's diary right? 🤔

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
00:45 Dec 17, 2020

oops sorry! I know it because Emily is reading it and I've read it before. I was going to say, "number the stars" because that's also about a jewish girl but yah

Reply

Vivian Bee 🐝
00:47 Dec 17, 2020

Honestly idk, these riddles can be hard !

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
01:19 Dec 17, 2020

yeah it is and yeah jen got it

Reply

Vivian Bee 🐝
12:12 Dec 17, 2020

Yaaay jen! 🥳

Reply

. .
12:54 Dec 17, 2020

;) You'll get it next time!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
✰ Jennie ✰
00:16 Dec 17, 2020

AMAZING!!!!! I love the character interactions, and how Grammy was a typical older, all-knowing, and annoyed that people didn't have much knowledge and Lariona's just like 'what the what!?????" I love it! Can't wait for more!

Reply

. .
00:29 Dec 17, 2020

Thanks so much!!!!! I can't wait to write more!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
20:11 Dec 16, 2020

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL SO IMPORTANT AND SO HONORED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so much better than TDR....anyway, you can expect Part 7....uh....later.

Reply

. .
20:48 Dec 16, 2020

Eheheheheheheh you're evil

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:53 Dec 16, 2020

ikr?

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:54 Dec 16, 2020

It was SO AMAZING. Now we know what Silver isssssssssssssss

Reply

. .
21:13 Dec 16, 2020

Yeah, now you do... but not what kept you alive for that long...

Reply

Mira Caplan
21:14 Dec 16, 2020

????????????????????????????????? DID I USE DARK MAGIC COOKIES??????????????????

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
22:24 Dec 17, 2020

Since you've been SOOOOOOOO patient, Luke, my new story is out. Lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
20:08 Dec 16, 2020

Awesome story!

Reply

. .
20:47 Dec 16, 2020

Thanks!!!!!

Reply

Ari Berri
20:49 Dec 16, 2020

No problem!

Reply

. .
21:07 Dec 16, 2020

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
19:07 Dec 18, 2020

YOU'RE WRITING ROMANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?????????????? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

. .
19:14 Dec 18, 2020

Yes, I am... There will be some kissing...

Reply

Mira Caplan
19:17 Dec 18, 2020

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reply

Mira Caplan
19:18 Dec 18, 2020

Ahem. I mean, I'm very excited to see how you write it, because you never do. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Reply

. .
19:19 Dec 18, 2020

I KNOW!!! AND I'M DOING IT WITH RAQUEL!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
19:20 Dec 18, 2020

WHEN'S IT GONNA BE POSTED???????????????????????????????????

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
19:19 Dec 18, 2020

Je suis calm

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
23:40 Dec 27, 2020

Lol extremely

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
23:39 Dec 17, 2020

GREAT STORY!!!!!!!! You're going to have a part 5 right? (Btw omnipresence is suchhh a cool power!!)

Reply

. .
23:41 Dec 17, 2020

Yeah of course I am!!! (I know right?)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
00:22 Dec 18, 2020

Yay!!! Tell me when you do!!

Reply

. .
00:47 Dec 18, 2020

Pls post againnnnnnnb I wanna see more meeeee

Reply

Kate Reynolds
00:49 Dec 18, 2020

Yeah I'll try to! I've been really busy this week so if I don't post I'm soooooooooooooo sorryyyy!!

Reply

. .
00:59 Dec 18, 2020

Ugh that’s ok...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
01:01 Dec 18, 2020

Also what kind of personality would you like your character to have? (Intelligent, caring, selfless, etc)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
19:31 Dec 17, 2020

THOU HAS BEEN UPVOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

. .
19:33 Dec 17, 2020

DANKE!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
19:33 Dec 17, 2020

:D

Reply

. .
19:33 Dec 17, 2020

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
00:15 Dec 17, 2020

heyy how are you? been a bit

Reply

. .
01:31 Dec 17, 2020

It has!!!! I'm doing great!!!! Hbu?

Reply

Amaya .
03:00 Dec 17, 2020

same! so so SO excited for winter breakkkk

Reply

. .
19:27 Dec 17, 2020

I just played in the snow sooooooooooo much!!!! We have a snow day in quarantine, which seems like a paradox but don't worry the universe won't collapse around us... or will it??

Reply

Amaya .
22:05 Dec 17, 2020

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn

Reply

. .
22:20 Dec 17, 2020

Heeheeheehee

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
A. S.
22:44 Dec 16, 2020

OH MY GOSH! Thank you for dedicating this to me! It really means so much! This was a great addition! I really enjoyed it. Omnipresence is a really great idea for the most rare cookie. I don’t know why but it really fascinates me.

Reply

. .
23:33 Dec 16, 2020

You're very welcome!!! That's exactly what I thought about it!!

Reply

A. S.
00:40 Dec 17, 2020

How many parts do you think you will have to Malefice?

Reply

. .
01:19 Dec 17, 2020

Probably 10

Reply

A. S.
17:24 Dec 17, 2020

Ooh! I look forward to finding out what happens next!

Reply

. .
19:23 Dec 17, 2020

Heeheeheehee you're gonna hate me once it comes out...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nainika Gupta
02:15 Dec 17, 2020

ghAAA MORE CLIFFHANGERS?????? you cruel thing

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
21:40 Dec 16, 2020

YESSSSS THIS WAS SOOO GOOD!!!! I love the Malefice series!!! It's awesome! I really enjoyed this one. Like always, your descriptions were spot on! They were really amazing! You are truly a great writer! Awesome job! P.S. I NEED A CLUE FOR THE EMOJIS

Reply

. .
21:42 Dec 16, 2020

THANKS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! THAT'S SO KIND!!!!! EMOJI CLUE IS IT'S by an author whose last name is synonymous with fast or quick, and it's about someone's travels.

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
00:21 Dec 17, 2020

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift!!!!

Reply

. .
00:29 Dec 17, 2020

yeah, fine

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
00:30 Dec 17, 2020

wait really tho? omg haaaaaaa

Reply

. .
00:30 Dec 17, 2020

Yeah, I did the tiny man and the big one

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
00:30 Dec 17, 2020

sorry it was technically Avery's lol

Reply

. .
01:28 Dec 17, 2020

Hehehehehe

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
14:45 Dec 18, 2020

LUKE!!!!! we did it! You're at 5000!!!!! CELEBRATIONNNNNNNN

Reply

. .
14:45 Dec 18, 2020

YAYYYYYYYYY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
03:05 Dec 18, 2020

Sherlock Holmes? idk lol

Reply

. .
13:50 Dec 18, 2020

Nah, it's another job that requires deduction and the last is a school emoji...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
21:25 Dec 16, 2020

Did you like it??

Reply

. .
21:43 Dec 16, 2020

Fave character??

Reply

. .
00:30 Dec 17, 2020

:) ???????

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Raquel Rodriguez
20:26 Dec 16, 2020

Added you to my bio! ;) This story is really nice! I love the beginning, and the whole power thing. I've never heard of omnipresence, so I decided to search it up, and it's so cool! I love the names, they're so unique! I like how you included your friends in this story. Anyway, great job!

Reply

. .
20:48 Dec 16, 2020

Thanks so much!!! this made my day!!!!!!! I'll include you next story!!!!!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
20:51 Dec 16, 2020

It's no problem, you're welcome! I'm really glad it did :) Oh, you don't have to, but if you do, I'd be honored! :) If you want, one day we could try to do a story together (on a doc)? :P

Reply

. .
21:08 Dec 16, 2020

THAT WOULD BE SO AMAXING WANNA DO IT NEXT CONTEST??????

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:14 Dec 16, 2020

OMG SUREEEE! YESSSS! We'd need to establish a bunch of things though, lol

Reply

. .
21:14 Dec 16, 2020

Yeah, but I bet we could work that out!!! I'll comment the link to a Google Doc on Friday if you want!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

YAY FANTASY! A FELLOW FANTASY WRITER! YAAAAAAAAAY! YOU ROCK! :) L)>: (Okay, I don't know what I did with that emoji, it looks weird.) Great job!

Reply

. .
21:53 Jan 01, 2021

THANKS JADE!!!!YOU ARE TPOOOOOO

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
23:25 Dec 23, 2020

upvote spree?

Reply

. .
13:05 Dec 24, 2020

Sure!! How many??

Reply

B. W.
18:25 Dec 24, 2020

maybe 100 or something?

Reply

. .
19:22 Dec 24, 2020

Sure!!

Reply

B. W.
20:28 Dec 24, 2020

alright

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
23:29 Dec 19, 2020

Can we still talk?

Reply

. .
23:32 Dec 19, 2020

Ofc!!

Reply

B. W.
23:35 Dec 19, 2020

yay ^^ how are ya today?

Reply

. .
00:05 Dec 20, 2020

Great!!

Reply

B. W.
00:16 Dec 20, 2020

what do ya think of the prompts?

Reply

. .
00:21 Dec 20, 2020

A little romancey but I need to try some romance anyway

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
23:30 Dec 18, 2020

Heya

Reply

. .
23:38 Dec 18, 2020

Hey

Reply

B. W.
23:46 Dec 18, 2020

how are ya?

Reply

. .
23:50 Dec 18, 2020

Great!

Reply

B. W.
00:18 Dec 19, 2020

I'm tired and bored :/

Reply

. .
00:33 Dec 19, 2020

:/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.