An Eggcelent April Fool’s Day

Submitted into Contest #87 in response to: Write about a mischievous pixie or trickster god.... view prompt

332 comments

Fantasy Funny Teens & Young Adult

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I sigh and nestle further into my covers, ignoring the alarm. There’s no way I’m getting up anywhere before 10 am on my birthday.

Hold up.

I bolt upright, flinging off my covers as a smile overpowers my face. It’s April 1st, meaning I’m officially 16!

Except that your 16th birthday isn’t just a normal birthday in the Pixie Queendom. As I brush my teeth and get dressed in the cutest clothes I have, I think about everything I’m going to do today. At 16 years old, I’m officially considered an adult (not like I get to be queen ‘till I’m 30, unless my mom retires early), meaning I get to visit the real World of Humans for the first time. An entire day in New York City, dressed like a human, the size of a human, mingling with humans.

It’s gonna be such an adventure!

Let me introduce myself. I’m Sashana, the sassy pixie princess of our Pixie Queendom, a village of treehouses tucked away in a forest. Like all pixies, I’m small and sharp-eared, maybe the length of a human hand. I have fluttering gold wings that only pop out when I fly or do magic, and pretty much the only thing that sets me apart from the annoying fairies that habit the woods too is a), I have magic beyond pixie dust (and no, I don’t know why the frick it’s called *pixie* dust if only fairies use it), and b), I can’t talk to animals.

Bummer, if you like getting real chummy with toads.

My tan skin, wavy chestnut hair that falls to my shoulders, bee-stung lips, and silver-blue eyes reflect back at me in the mirror as I pose in my outfit. Plus the wings emerging from my back, which I dust with gold to make them sparkler further. I also clip a few diamond-studded barrettes in my hair—perks of being a princess.

I admire myself in the mirror further. Shimmering wings, fun outfit, flashy accessories, check! It’s early, so I’ll have lots of time in New York. I’m zooming out the door when—

I’m blocked by the Queen, who also happens to be my mom, Rossaliya.

“Hi!” I say to the replica of myself, just with sharp blue eyes and long hair instead of my own.

“Hey, Sash,” she says, smiling. “Happy birthday! Ready to go to New York?”

I gently push past her. “I was on my way.”

She barks a laugh. I turn. “Sashana, honey, you’re not ready to go to New York. The outfit is okay, but you can’t casually show off your wings. Also, you’re the size of a human shoe, for gods’ sake. And do you even know where New York is?”

She laughs again at my uncertain expression, taking my hand. “Let’s fly.”


* * *


Lesson learned: Scenery is only pretty in small doses.

We soared over rivers, over forests, over the first small cities. I breathed in the cool spring air, admiring the colorful flowers dotting the hills below. But after two hours straight of flying, my wings were sore and the stunning sights turned monotonous.

By the time we arrived at New York, I was already pooped.

Not enough to fight off the massive smile on my face again, though.

“This is it?” I breathed, taking in the glittering sights below me. Hundreds of buildings scraping the sky with their sharp points, rivers of black cement between blocks. There were so many people, all shapes and sizes, genders, ages, races, walking together like a big happy family. Cats honked, babies cried, and the sheer vibe of this place was enough to give me goosebumps.

I got to spend a whole day here?

This would be great!

Rossaliya nods, her lips twisted into a smile too. “Yep. Let’s land now and then I’ll leave you be.”

Hand in hand, we spiraled down, just two sparkling specks against the blue sky. When we landed in an alley, sounds roaring in every direction, I was suddenly afraid. This place was so...big, and loud, and scary. 

I shook the thoughts out of my head. Heck no. Princess Sashana, sassy prankster, was not going to be afraid of some measly human city.

I kissed Rossaliya on the cheek. “Bye, Mom!” I turned on my foot and started walking out, but she grabbed my wrist. “Sash, hon, you really think you can go out there the size of a grapefruit? No. Transform into someone more...human-sized.”

That was easy. A moment later, I was staring down, down, down at Queen Rossaliya. She gave a thumbs up and flew up just to peck me on the cheek. “Now wish your wings away, and you’re good to go!”

By the time I did so, she was gone. I turned around and stared at the end of the alley, my unofficial entrance to New York. I adjusted my diamond barrette and walked onto the sidewalk.


* * *


Frick.

This place was a mess!

There was no order, just chaos. Too many people, horns honking, and stress waving through the air. I stumbled from place to place, tripping on the sidewalks, accidentally jaywalking, running into people.

I was finally getting the hang of this place when I smelled something: Pizza.

I followed the scent, which was pretty hard since there were a gazillion pizza places in New York. I finally wound up at a place called Pablo’s Personalized Pizza, a small story bustling with people inside. Outside the shop was a booth with “Pizza to Go”, where they advertised you could grab a quick bite for $10 a pizza instead of personalizing one inside.

Mmmmm. My stomach grumbled at me. Without thinking, I picked up a box of pizza at the little stand outside the shop and started munching a slice. Holy heck, this was good.

“Hey!” the standsperson barked, jumping up. “You gonna pay for that?”

“Uhm…” I mumbled, mouth full of cheese. I didn’t plan on paying—I didn’t care much about things like that—and also, I didn’t have money. The man snatched the box back, set it aside, and sent me a dirty glare.

My stomach rumbled again. “Um, I don’t have any money,” I said, eyeing the pizza, “but I’m really hungry. Could, uh, this work?” I unclipped one of the diamond-studded barrettes and handed it to him. Didn’t I hear diamonds were valuable to humans?

His eyes grew wide, carefully taking the barrette. “Is this real?”

I nodded. His eyes grew even wider, studying the barrette. “Uh, yes, we’ll take this as payment. Thank you for ordering at Pablo’s Personalized Pizza.” He shooed me off once I collected my pizza, still turning the barrette in his hands, but I saw him staring at me suspiciously as I left.

Pizza in hand, I got away from there snappy.


* * *


I was finishing my last slice of pizza behind a tree in some giant park when the police showed up.

At least, I thought it was them from their navy outfits, decked-out with silver badges and clips. The two officers strolled around the park, chattering into walkie-talkies.

I heard a random person near me murmur, “Why are the police here?”

“It might be a prank,” replied what looked like her husband.

I squinted, and leaned over to ask them, “Why would it be a prank? Aren't the police super serious or something?”

The women nodded. “Yes, but even the government has a sense of humor on April Fool’s Day sometimes.” She winked.

Did she mean April 1st? “What’s that?”

Two minutes and a solid explanation later, I was totally hooked on this idea. It’s like the mischievous holiday was meant to be on my birthday! I was going to have a blast. “Thanks,” I told the couple, dumping my pizza box in the trash. But as I was leaving to go somewhere specific, I could have sworn I heard another person mutter, “I hear the police be lookin’ for some teenage girl possibly involved in the diamond store raid a few weeks back...”


* * *


Eggs.

Eggs were my best friend.

After all, there were endless egg-related pranks, from cracking one in your friend’s OJ to the classic chucking eggs at someone’s house. In this case, I opted for the latter.

It was pretty easy to find a grocery store. Once I got there, I wove through the crowds of people, filling my basket with bunches of boiled eggs. (Throwing raw eggs is just mean and can damage houses. Boiled eggs are soft and definitely more satisfying to chuck anyways—if you throw them hard enough, they explode everywhere in the best way ever!) Once I collected a solid five dozen, dumping all the small plastic baggies into one, I waltzed to the checkout line.

I still didn’t have money, but my little pizza trick showed that diamonds were superior to bills. Sure, if some rando teenager turned up with thousands of dollars worth of diamonds, you’d be a bit suspicious, but humans were so greedy the dollar signs in their eyes would probably cancel out any doubt. 

(Although I couldn’t shake my memory of the police...what if the Pablo’s Pizza dude called them after collecting his gems? Were they looking for me?)

The girl at the checkout line gave me a blank look when I hauled my basket o’ eggs on the counter without pulling out my wallet. “Hi, welcome to Whole Foods,” she said briskly. “You gonna pay for those?”

“Can you take diamonds instead?”

“We only take American cash—” she scowled, then stopped. “Wait, what?”

I unclipped my barrette, sliding it over to the register. “These are real diamonds. The remaining ten thousand dollars can be your tip.”

Her eyes expanded. She turned and bumped her co-worker’s arm. “Rich kid alert!” she hissed. “Even if this is fake, it’s got to be worth at least fifty.” 

I eyed her, and she turned back to me. “Oh, yeah, sorry, thanks, that will definitely work. Thank you for shopping at Whole Foods!”

I nodded my thanks and started walking towards the door, but when I glanced back, I saw the lady on her phone, talking to someone.

I mindlessly pushed open the door, already fingering one of the soft eggs in the bag, and—

Froze.

Looming over me were the two hulking policemen I saw earlier. Up close, the first one had bushy eyebrows, beard, and mustache, plus sky blue eyes. The second was a ginger with green eyes and a red beard. Both glared at me. The first guy took in my appearance and age, his eyes finally darting to the remaining diamond barrette in my hair before a wave of realization passed over him, like I was indeed the one he was looking for.

“Hello,” he grunted, taking a step towards me, “I’m Officer Brian. You look like the girl we’ve been tracking. Mind you, don’t be worried, we’re not sure yet. What’s your name?”

I scrambled back, still holding my clear bag of eggs. “Um...uh...Sashana…?”

He continued advancing. Everyone in the store was hawking at us now. “Don’t be worried, Sashana,” he simpered. “We don’t want to hurt you, we just need to investigate.”

Everything about these dudes was freaking me out. (Policemen? Looking for ME? Excuseh moi?) So I did the only thing clear to me at the moment: I grasped one of the boiled eggs in the bag, pulled it out, and smashed it right in Officer Brian’s face.

Then I bolted out of the store.

Weaving around people, I sprinted down New York City’s sidewalks. It’s a lot harder to make an escape after a “prank” when you can’t fly, flocks of people block your way, and you’re actually being chased.

Every few footfalls, I stole a look behind me to see if the policemen were catching up. They weren’t. Even without my wings, I was a small, fast girl, and could move much speedier than two grown men decked out in fancy police stuff.

Still. It was terrifying, being chased after. I didn’t even intend to cause trouble during my visit to New York (and normally Trouble is my middle name), but of course I did, even if it was just some sort of mix-up.

I was totally winning on foot, but then I heard police sirens. Glancing around, I saw Officer Brian and the other dude swerving through the streets, advancing fast. Still holding my eggs, I dashed into the nearest alley.

Panting, I thought I was finally in the clear. 

Until…

“Sashana, hands up.”

I looked up. Frick. Blocking the exit were Brian and Redhead, chunks of egg stuck in Officer Brian’s beard, his eyes razors. And I didn’t want to surrender myself to human police anytime soon.

I only had one option. With a deep breath, I flashed a smile at the officers as my wings blossomed out behind me. Then I flew up into New York’s cerulean skies.


* * *


I flew for around ten minutes. (I immediately shrunk down to pixie size once flying, trying to prevent other people from seeing me—I could only hope the officers weren’t following the über suspicious pixie they literally saw fly away.) Soon I was in the suburbs of New York City, peaceful neighborhoods across rolling hills, which then transitioned to a big class change in neighborhoods. Now, houses were huge and yards even bigger. Not a lot of people were outside, so I swooped down and grew to human size.

Time to start egging!

It was pretty much as fun as it sounded—awesome. I grabbed a handful of my many boiled eggs, walked up a winding driveway, and chucked a few at porches and homes. Like expected, they satisfyingly splattered, leaving no damage but me cackling like a madpixie. “HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY!” I shouted after each house. 

The only problem was how far apart these places were. I got way too much exercise.

And just my luck, I was down to my last couple eggs when stuff went wrong.

You see, I was harmlessly egging the last house on the block when the door swung open. A man in his mid-70’s wobbled out, crossing the yard at a surprising speed. “What do you think you’re doing, young lady?” he croaked.

I jumped back in surprise. In unison, we both surveyed the neighborhood, every house in sight dotted with eggs. “Well, I mean…” I whimpered, “Happy April Fool’s?”

He glared at me, and whipped out a phone. Frick, frick, frick! I thought. What if he’s calling the police?

That thought in mind, I frick-ed a lot more in my head. Then, because—if you haven’t noticed by now, I’m really bad under pressure—I took a deep breath in and out. Except, with thoughts coursing through my mind and my body still tingling with magic after flying a few miles, I, uh, breathed fire.

At the phone, which dropped into the grass, already ringing,

At the man, who also hopped back from me in surprise.

And more importantly, as the dude’s massive lawn, which burst into flames, the fire traveling through the grass 

“WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST DO?!” the old man shouted, darting off his lawn. 

“I DON’T KNOW!” I yelped, backing up into the road.

Luckily, the fire wasn’t moving that fast through the moist, plump April grass, but it was on its way to the massive wooden house. Visions of flames dancing on the mansion and spreading to the rest of the block at the front of my mind—and still under pressure and, therefore, in Bad Decision mode, I stepped forward, using my pixie magic for the first time all day (minus flying): sweeping my hands over the sky. Immediately, the cloud above us melted into pure water and swished down at the rhyme of my moving hands. It misted over the lawn, the flames extinguished.

The reason why I classify this as a “bad idea”: Well, yay, the fire was gone, but now I was standing in the center of an ashy used-to-be yard, soaking wet, my bag of remaining eggs at my side, having just egged the whole neighborhood and then did magic in front of them.

Yeah. By now, people were streaming out of their mansions and gawking at me and the old man the same way the people at the grocery store had. My wings had popped out behind me the same way they always did when I did magic, and police sirens sounded in the distance. The dude must’ve called 911 before he dropped his phone, and since Brian and Redhead were already probably scouting around the area for me, they got here in rapid-fire (get it?) speed.

Moments later, the expected police car pulled up. Out came Officer Brian, his face almost tomato red, and the ginger-haired man (who was still silent). “We meet again, Sashana. Like before,” Brian growled, “hands up.”

I gulped. Man, I was totally screwed. I just wanted to have the best birthday ever and, as things involving me usually did, it blossomed into chaos. I had accidentally stolen pizza, the local police were sus of me and my diamonds, and now, I, the mischievous pixie princess Sashana, had literally done magic in front of everyone.

This girl ain’t a clown,” I heard someone quip. “She’s a whole dang circus.”

Yikes.

Is it too late to yell “Happy April Fool’s” and bolt? my mind suggested.

Not a bad idea, I shrugged back. But no.

“Hands up,” Officer Brian repeated, edging towards me. Even though I was still freaking out, I allowed myself a smile. Even though Brian was acting all tough, everything about his body language screamed I’m terrified of this magical 16-year-old!

“Yeah, no,” I smirked, wings proudly aflutter.

Brian’s mouth had barely dropped before I did my millionth Sashana-y bright idea of the day: I raced forward and, without thinking, yanked down Officer Brian’s pants in front of everyone.

Then man, was I outta there.



April 02, 2021 21:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

332 comments

22:05 Apr 02, 2021

YAYYYYYYYY I MADE THE DEADLINEEEEEEEEEE *breath of relief* So I actually like this story! I’ve done a few weirdly saddish & emotional stories lately (cough, the Zetta Grace series and Rapunzel nonsense, cough), but light, funny fantasy ones like this are pretty norm ;) AND GOSHHHH like all comedy-fantasies, this was so dang fun to write XD But yea, that’s pretty much it! Like many times before, I freaking went over the word limit, so the end result of this story (*brilliant* name, by the way. I mean, fitting a bad pun into a story title? Y...

Reply

02:19 Apr 09, 2021

SORRY FOR THE LATE FEEDBACK!!! This story was definitely really nice after reading SO, SO MANY sad and depressing ones. I loved Sashana's personality! I also loved the plot! Gj!

Reply

13:24 Apr 09, 2021

NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!!!! Haha thank you!

Reply

03:05 Apr 10, 2021

Np! (I just realized i replied to your author's note comment, sorry about that :'D)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
User_2443 0967
13:13 Apr 13, 2021

yuhhhhh this was so funny! part 2 perhaps? ;D (and yass, Harvard give aerin da scholarshipppp)

Reply

Haha thank you! Maybay XD (yeshhhh)

Reply

User_2443 0967
13:22 Apr 14, 2021

SkSkSk sKsKsK

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Pippin Took
14:51 Apr 16, 2021

Hey Aerin, so I read your bio, and mine haven't been getting approved either? Do you have any ideas...? I mean does it matter the age...? *gulp* Anyways here is a great song to listen to if you are reading a sad story that is about like a change it's called "Gollum's Song" by Emiliana Torrini. And do you have to get approved to win? Lol I'm a bit confused! Get back to me when you can! #HelpAerinNotBeBoredFoundation

Reply

22:04 Apr 16, 2021

Hi! Oh, haha, yea...Reedsy is an 18+ site, so while it’s okay for underage people to post stories (we make up 90% of the writers on here, anyways), if Reedsy suspects we’re under 18, our stories aren’t “approved” and entered into the contest. Ooh nice thanks! Yup! #YessssYourDonationIsAppriciated

Reply

00:57 Apr 20, 2021

That's super odd. Me don't like that. But my story got accepted and I said I was in middle school... er... maybe they liked it? But I def won't say that anymore. #MyStoriesMustBeHeard! #AllStoriesMatterNoMatterTheAge

Reply

Haha yea. And yup, it’s probably not the best idea to put your age in your bio because even if your stories are approved now, in might come back in 6 months to bite you in the blubber (Like, my stories were approved...until they weren’t). #yeshhh

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Pippin Took
14:51 Apr 16, 2021

Oh yah and how do they know the age...?

Reply

They guess XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 4 replies
Zilla Babbitt
22:31 Apr 04, 2021

This captures your personality more than anything! Sashana is certainly a pixie. I have a couple things on my mind I’d like to share, more about the portrayal of the policemen, but I’ll just talk about things you can do to shorten the piece. For one you could start the story as Sashana and her mom are flying through the air to New York. You could give a little backstory through dialogue about how the pixies are allowed a day in the human city and how she’s princess and all that, but the lengthy section with her dressing and going to her mom...

Reply

Haha, thank you! :P Ooh, thanks so much for the feedback! Sadly I can’t edit this story rn but I’ll definitely keep this in mind for next time :DD Thank you! You too!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
20:44 Apr 17, 2021

post it todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)))

Reply

Sxnsicnsdjcnejcen eep shank you lol but I think I might wait a bit or until a fitting contest :P but I totally do want to share it at some point so a Batch Of Aerin Weirdness will probably be posted anyways at some point lol

Reply

21:48 Apr 18, 2021

oh okay :) lol yasss I love those~ for your poll: ☁️ :))

Reply

Shank you hehe

Reply

21:50 Apr 18, 2021

:)) np

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Also like as said in meh bio that’s actually the first line of the most random and weird flash fiction ever (it’s not even really a story?? More like a bunch of pretty words and emotions?? It’s like what would happen if poetry was out into a story format lol) and I could put it in a comment if you want to read it?? Hehe?? it’s only 500 words lol and now I’m rambling and being weird Y E E E E E E E T or be YEEEEETEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD *mentally scolds self* Okay so far tonight you’ve been subjected to 2 of the strangest commen...

Reply

21:58 Apr 18, 2021

oOoOh yes plz! lol it's fine, XDD it's fineeee lol

Reply

Oki dokes, here it goes!!: (Disclaimer: again, a ‘flash fiction’ I random started writing with only the first line in mind after drawing inspiration from a literally Reedsy comment; not based on experiences at all amd it’s pretty weird hehe) “And Then The Sun Came Out” By, me :) Thoughts drifted across her mind like whispy clouds, blocking out the light until faceless gray stretched on forever. Once upon a time, she had the starry eyes of a dreamer, but the thoughts tore that away like a riptide. They came slowly at first, gradual frowns f...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

*gasp* You UNFOLLOWED ME? *very very dramatic gasp* MEEP SMOODLES ELLO (It was a joke ((the unfollowing 1.) Check mah bio when u can👉🏻👈🏿

Reply

*gasp* YES I DID TEMPORARILY *another dramatic gasp* MEEEEP ARKAFLARFLE CHIMMY CHANGAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS (noice hehe) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP YOU’RE LEAVING?!?!?!?! Hopefully temporarily?? Eeeep we’ll miss you Blxxii, but do what’s best for yourself 🥺 If you everyone want to, ahem, *reconsider* or come back, I look forward to more ridinkulous conversations containing a lot of “meeps” :D

Reply

MeEeP *even MORe dramatic gasp* SMOODLESSSS I might be back soon-tank u for le support <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Scout Tahoe
01:03 Apr 03, 2021

Hi, how are you? I've heard about the downvoting--I'm so sorry.

Reply

01:34 Apr 03, 2021

Awesomeee! About to go to bed. Wbu? Aw lol, it’s fine. What annoys me more is how freaking EVERYONE is being downvoted to 666. Like I’m not even superstitious but bruh why or 711 or something with bEtTeR vIbEs?? 😂

Reply

Scout Tahoe
01:47 Apr 03, 2021

Haha, wow. I haven't heard that part of the story. If anyone can turn 666 into a lucky number, it's you. I don't know why I'm not being downvoted--I'm the perfect target. I have 53 stories, a butt-load of points that I don't deserve. However, you have so many friends and followers so your collection of points is understandable.

Reply

13:29 Apr 03, 2021

Haha thanks! Yeaaa lol, it’s really random which people are downvoted and which aren’t. But noooo you’ve totally earned your points!!!! Your stories are frickin amazing. :P

Reply

Scout Tahoe
14:22 Apr 03, 2021

And so are yours. How have you been? Didn't you just have a birthday? And maybe a vacation from...school? Sorry, I try to check your bio occasionally but I'm usually busy.

Reply

17:29 Apr 03, 2021

Shanksss 😌💅🏼 Oh yea, no problem! I’ve been good, and yea, my birthday was a few weeks ago. Wbuuu?

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Angel {Readsy}
07:11 Apr 06, 2021

I am here to admire your story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 0 replies

Hi!!!! I have a question, how do I change the font of my name, when I copy and paste it, it never works! Thanks, and I'm so sorry for my random comment!

Reply

https://coolsymbol.com/cool-fancy-text-generator.html works for me!

Reply

Thank you! I'll try!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:55 Apr 17, 2021

You said you're bored on your bio, so could you give feedback on my latest story? I need some critiques, lol

Reply

Sure hehe

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
20:36 Apr 03, 2021

your bio tho XDDD

Reply

XDD

Reply

20:45 Apr 03, 2021

XDDDD sO sMaRt

Reply

:P Just upvoted u 2 points cuz I couldn’t resist so now CONGRATS ON 1K XDDD

Reply

20:50 Apr 03, 2021

SHANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D probably not gonna stay like that tho lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
08:11 Apr 03, 2021

*OHEMGEEEEEEEE* NOOOO HOWDIDIMISSTHISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS UGHHH *SLAPSHERHEAD* ohmilord this is a ~maStERpiEcCe~ lovely im basically her, lol, and, Lord, the puns? *chefs kiss* mah new favvvv Oh, a koinkadink, I write a story for the last contest, with coffee punssss, would love it of you'd check it outtttttt and i just posted a new oneeee Ty

Reply

OEMGEEEEEE TY TY SISSS <333333333 lol shank you *wiggles eyebrows* Ooh coooool, will do soon!!!!!!

Reply

Sia S
14:30 Apr 03, 2021

AHAHAA WELCOMEEEEEE <33 :)) :DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
22:29 Apr 02, 2021

This was so fun! Before any other feedback... "Cats honked, babies cry, and the sheer vibe..." I believe you need a 'cryed' here, due to your tense. This could easily be the first chapter to a fun fantasy book I'd be into. It's so funny and Sashana is my spirit animal. Spirit pixie? She's my spirit. My only other critique is that the small scene changes were a bit jarring, maybe add an aestrik in those spaces. For word count issues, just like you can put in and take out extra words, you can also, like I've done, submit the story within the ...

Reply

22:33 Apr 02, 2021

Hehe, thanks! Ooooh yesss thanks for catching thatttt! Lol thank you. Oop, okay, ty! I normally write without asterisks in Docs then forget Reedsy returns amount to, like, zero space. I’ll totally go add those now :D Oh cool!!! I knew you could do that to have a story with less words but I guess it’s still a surprise you can add words that way ;) Whoaaaaaaa ~cOiNkIdInK~! AND YAASSSSSSS YOU CAN FINISH IIIIIT AND I’LL BE WAITING IF YOU *DO* GET IT OUTTTT *cheers you on further* Thank you for da feedback Amanyyyy :DD

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:36 Apr 02, 2021

You're welcome! I always change up my way of making spaces, sometimes it's three asterisks, sometimes an emoji, sometimes slashes...Thanks for the motivation!!! It's a sad romance in second person that's a bit hard to write, but I'll be okay. Any time!

Reply

00:18 Apr 03, 2021

Oh yea sameee...I think I went through a stage when I used fancy-schmancy borders from that font website, but now I’ve mostly reverted back to asterisks :) Ooh that sounds cool! Good luckkkk

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Scout Tahoe
02:52 Apr 21, 2021

Hey Aerin! Heads up, I think you spelled "lightened" wrong: "lighten" in your bio. Also, I definitely vote the star-story-starter. *insert star emoji* How are you?

Reply

Hi! Oops lol, thank you! Shanks :P Good! In school XD Wbu?

Reply

Scout Tahoe
21:45 Apr 21, 2021

I’m good! Just had my fingernails bent back by a ball. Very painful. Otherwise hanging in there. Eating ice cream despite the cold weather. Random question: what shows do you watch?

Reply

Ooh yikes, hope you...get better? soon lol! Yassss ice cream is for all da seasonsssss Hmm...I feel like I watch more YouTube than TV, but a show I’m currently obsessed with rn (or, more accurately, I was obsessed with in three months ago and am now rewatching again) is the show Julie and the Phantoms. Oh, the High School Musical: The Musical: The Series is pretty good. Both have, well, music, so you bet I’ve listening to the soundtracks a gazillion times each :P Wbu?

Reply

Scout Tahoe
00:32 Apr 22, 2021

Never heard of Julie and the Phantoms. What's that about? I like She-ra, an animated lesbian fantasy or Schitt's Creek, which might be my favorite show of all time. Also Modern Family reruns. Those never get old. ;)

Reply

It’s this teen musical show about this girl Julie, and her band of ghosts that came back from the ‘90s. The music is freaking amazing and the characters are so lovable so yeah, I finished the entire season in 24 hours :) Haha, nice! XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
22:26 Apr 18, 2021

☁️☁️☁️ :)

Reply

Ty!! (Alsooo, if you want to read the actual story lol, I pasted in a thread with Amethyst here: https://blog.reedsy.com/directories/comments/446320/ :D)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Veda Vivek💎
02:32 Apr 18, 2021

🍌

Reply

Hehe shank you!

Reply

Veda Vivek💎
22:02 Apr 19, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Pippin Took
14:47 Apr 16, 2021

🍌

Reply

🥰

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Um... Aerin? Remember before? Things have changed a little.... Uh... How do I say this :PPPPPPPP uuuurgh....

Reply

Oki uhm yes I remember “before”...things have changed a little? Ooh how?? *hopes*

Reply

it's kinda personal, but I'll use emojis. 🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈

Reply

YAYYYY 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈 (I love how both of those emojis are already in my “frequently used”...I love rainbows lol)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I don't even know why that downvote button was invented by Reedsy, quite stupid of them, but I am like so, so, so sorry about what happened to you! You didn't deserve all that o happen to you, I've been downvoted 160-170 points before, so you're not alone. But my number can not be compared with yours. I'm sure whoever was downvoting you was a very, very patient person. I'll give you a good upvote when I get some time! Keep writing, I look forward to your next story! Happy Writing, SS *I've heard you had your birthday a while ago, happy bir...

Reply

Yeah...it’s a really annoying feature, ugh. But awww thank you, SS 🥺🥰🥰💖💖 You too! Aerin *Ooh thank you!!! Cool hehe XD

Reply

Yeah true. You are Welcome! Thanks! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Philia S
13:30 Apr 20, 2021

I shouldn't really be doing this- (incase Reedsy saw-) BUT ARE YOU GUYS REALLY 12?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

Hiiii

Reply

You do know Bridget Summers, right?

Reply

I don’t think I do...after reading your bio and I searched your comments to find her (I’ve already ranted like 2k words in the last 24 hours but I was gonna at let give her *a* piece of my mind)but I couldn’t, sooo...mind sending a link? Really sorry she’s being mean to you btw 😢

Reply

You can't find her in my comments cause she deleted them after I deleted mine so I don't have to put up with her. Here's the link: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/bridget-summers/ Yeah, I know I took screenshots and stuff, I reported and yeah, that's all I can do for now.

Reply

Hmm, the link isn’t working. She prob changed her name too or something.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
04:59 Apr 05, 2021

#biostalker lol okie then XD let's do a scenario :))) if you were to take any three items with you to survive in a desert, what would you take and why?

Reply

#alwaysandforever lol Oooh that’s such a good question! Hmm...can electronics count? Like, could I bring a phone to call someone to get me outta there? Or just some sort of SOS signal so I donut *have* to survive in the desert? Lol. If not...hm...a tent/tarp, a magical water bottle that is always full (can we include magic stuff), and, uh...a magical *lunch box* that is ALSO always full. I dunno is 66% of those are valid, and I’d still rather a phone to call someone, but yea, there’s my 3 objects :D What about you?

Reply

TJ Squared
16:43 Apr 05, 2021

lol we can count that, I did say ANY three items lol, just a creative answer :) hm...I'd take rope, like a gallon of water, and my pet for company :) okay, now with the things that you have, how will you spend your first night?

Reply

Yaassss :D Ooh nice! Yess I’m sure Alex would be lonely at home without you XD Hmm...I mean, I’d probably just set up my tent-tarp-thing, eat a bunch of food and drink water, then curl up and go to sleep. I mean you said ‘survive’ so that would probably just be my normal ritual lol. Maybe I’d go on a hike in the morning when the sun isn’t awful? Idk. What’s about you?

Reply

TJ Squared
22:02 Apr 05, 2021

lol yeah probably. I would find some branches of like joshua trees and make a shelter while keeping an eye on Alex to make sure he doesn't try to make himself at home too much lol. and yeah, look at the stars and sleep :) If you came across a wild animal, what would you do?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mazie Gray
15:34 Apr 04, 2021

I love the punnnnnnns and i completely, 100% believe that Sashana is you. i caught hints of Aerinnnnnn in there lol about the story: HOWDAHECKAREYOUSOGOODATWRITINGKUYDRJTYRDFJYRD- it was awesome! I like your whole idea bout the Pixie Queendom, and the way they work. Beautiful! :DDDDDDDDDDD Happy Easterrrrrrrrrr! if you celebrate it -Brooke

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.