169 comments

Fiction Teens & Young Adult

Begin Log 1:

Well um, I don't really know why I'm doing this though here I am. But this is what he told me to do for a while, I think he said it was to remember the plan or something? I don't know, my memory is terrible.

I don't even remember the plan, to be honest...I think that's why he decided to do all this so I check up on everything. I guess he knows that my memory is terrible as well, but that's beside the point.

It's been about...um...I think two or so weeks since the whole thing had happened. He never explained exactly everything to me, but he gave me the basics of what happened. Why would someone do any of that?

I remember a part of the plan that he had told me, but um, I don't really think that it'll work...

End log

~~~

Begin Log 2:

Hello there, it's Ash. I know someone may be listening to these tapes now and wanting to understand what's going on. The person that you heard in the last Log was another one of my friends, Calla.

I'm not exactly sure who would be listening to any of this though, maybe we actually got her and handed the tapes over to the Police? If so, Hah! I told you I wasn't lying about what she did.

Uh...anyway, our plan is going to happen real soon, I've actually seen her at the school and other places since it happened. I bet she thinks that we don't know, maybe she'll come then.

It's been a few weeks since it happened though...I don't understand why she had decided to get rid of Vivian. Maybe we could get her to confess once we get her.

End Log

~~~

Begin Log 3:

Uh, Hello there again. I don't really understand why he's making the both of us do this, why couldn't he just explain to me in person? I'm sure he could have written it down as well, but I guess that's not important right now.

I never actually met...her, but I did end up meeting Vivian a little while before her death. She seemed alright but I guess I could see why some people didn't like her. She uh...was like a cliche popular girl.

I had gone around the school and other places to see what people thought about her, someone else said that not me. I believe the exact words were "She's like a cliche popular girl or something, does everything need to have one?"

Well um, I guess I could sort of agree with that person in a way. But anyway, he told me a little while ago that the plan was getting closer and that I needed to be ready. I don't even know what I'm supposed to do, what if something bad happens?

End Log

~~~

Begin Log 4:

I was finally able to actually come up with what exactly the plan would be, it took me a while but I finally managed to do it. We're inviting some of my friends along with some of Calla's friends to my place.

I didn't want to invite just Ivy, because then I think she'd start to get a bit suspicious and then leave. Who knows what would happen if she escaped? Uh, probably something terrible to be honest. I don't want her killing anyone else.

While the "Cookie Exchange" or whatever it's called would be happening downstairs, I plan to bring her upstairs with me while Calla calls the Cops. I'll make sure to lock the doors or something, that way we don't lose her before the cops get there.

Who knows though, maybe I could even get a recording of her confessing so that there's a lot more proof for it. I don't understand why nobody was believing me at first...

End Log

~~~

Begin Log 5:

Can I be completely honest with you? I can't tell Ash about it and I hope he doesn't listen to this tape, so uh...yeah. Anyway, It's just kind of about this whole plan he has.

While his plan seems really good and I do kind of think that she would show up, after all, she seems to think that we don't know what she did. She's even been hanging out with us at the school sometimes.

I have a feeling though that uh...that she uh...what was I gonna say again? Damn it, right when I was getting to the important part of this stupid thing.

End Log

~~~

Begin Log 6:

Sorry about that to anyone who has this at the moment, though I guess the good news is that I actually remembered the stuff now. Anyway, as I was saying...Ivy might just find a way out to escape.

She had somehow managed to escape Ash's place after killing her quite quickly, at least that's what he told me. He never got a glance of her leaving or anything like that, maybe it was because you were inside and doing a lot of things, Ash.

Though either way, she's still probably a bit smart and could possibly find her way out before the cops would get here. What if she gets rid of me and Ash and then jumps out the window?

What if she has to go to the bathroom and goes down the toilet somehow? There's a lot of things that could happen...oh gosh I don't wanna die.

End Log

~~~

Begin Log 7:

I'm keeping this one short and simple I guess, the Cookie Exchange is going to happen in a couple of hours. All of the guests have agreed to come and they're also going to be helping.

The good news about this is that Ivy is going to come as well a bit earlier than the rest. She sent me a text this morning saying, "Sure! I think it would be fun, and we haven't done anything together in a while."

There's probably going to be a final log from me or Calla after the whole thing is over, I'm not sure exactly what we'll do after we get her. Maybe just relax for a while, I think we deserve it. Or maybe a Log from her actually...

End Log

~~~

Begin Log 8:

Damn it, neither of you have to do any of this you know! You could just let me go free and not call the cops or anything like that, it could be our little secret. How does that sound?

Oh really, You want me to say it? Damn it. Fine, you all want to hear it? I killed that idiotic popular girl a few weeks ago. She really deserved it.

I don't regret anything of what I did that day you, idiot, like I said she deserved it and I don't care what happens. I was able to get my sweet-

End Log

December 07, 2020 19:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

169 comments

Hello B!! I am so glad you liked my "Start Log" and "End Log" idea I suggested! It really worked out nicely and you incorporated the video recordings it fitting way to the story. Lovely job! :)

Reply

B. W.
21:11 Dec 07, 2020

thank you, im glad that ya liked the story and all that ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Your welcome! Also, to answer your question, the entire story was my favorite. :)

Reply

B. W.
22:33 Dec 07, 2020

What did ya think about Calla and Ash?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lilah Blackburn
03:00 Dec 11, 2020

I loved your story but confusing at first but I understood by the end. I love how you connected your last story to this one. It was very well planned out. If anyone could read my story and give me some feedback I would appreciate it greatly.

Reply

B. W.
03:48 Dec 11, 2020

thanks, im glad that ya liked the story ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Lilah Blackburn
05:07 Dec 11, 2020

I really like how you portrayed Ivy.

Reply

B. W.
05:36 Dec 11, 2020

anything else?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Orenda .
17:27 Dec 10, 2020

yo, I've a new story out. Mind reading it and sharing your valuable feedback on it? Thanks a ton.

Reply

B. W.
18:52 Dec 10, 2020

Hm, i dont see why not ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Orenda .
04:17 Dec 08, 2020

You managed the logs pretty well. It's interesting. I don't know what else to say, I'm not in the mood to do/say anything. I kinda like how dark a vibe I get from this story. I'm sorry if I'm sounding flat and lifeless haha. Well done again! :-) I'll give worthwhile feedback on your upcoming stories. Cool?

Reply

B. W.
04:54 Dec 08, 2020

Well is something maybe wrong? You could talk to me about it or something if ya want, I'm here for ya ^^ Though thanks and I'm glad ya liked it, I guess this story and some of my other recent stories are a bit dark. Its still fine, I can wait for more feedback with my other ones ^^

Reply

Orenda .
05:03 Dec 08, 2020

I like dark. I mean, I love murders and whatnot and I think you do dark stories really well :) Er well, I've been feeling lonely and sad. I'm just being gloomy. People are busy, so I can't check up on them as much and I just want to have hearty conversations with people. Because of the time differences, I can't talk to ya'll much. I just want to talk. I can't even write, I am working on a prompt, but i feel like giving up each time I write a few words. I'm lacking motivation. I feel like doing nothing. It's a whole different thing, but ye...

Reply

B. W.
06:42 Dec 08, 2020

I'm gonna try my best with all this, but im terrible at helping or comforting people, so sorry if i suck with any of this- its 1am for me and im still talking to ya, im sure everyone else will have their time to start talking to ya again as well ^^ I'm also pretty sure for other people its still exam time, so maybe that's why their busy but they'll start talking to you soon again, at least a lot more probably. I probably suck at doing anything like this :/

Reply

Orenda .
07:09 Dec 08, 2020

Thank you, B! It sure is comforting. Haha no, you're good. You just have to be a good listener and comfort them with all the words you told me. All done then :D

Reply

B. W.
17:57 Dec 08, 2020

No problem ^^ I just don't really like when someone is sad or anything like that

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Raquel Rodriguez
00:36 Dec 08, 2020

Hey Bee! (It feels a bit weird calling you that, but I'll get used to it, lol) You connected both of your stories with the last sentence! I didn't really get what the heck was going on at first, but then I remembered 'Sweet Revenge.' I feel like the 'Begin' in 'Begin Log _' was unnecessary, maybe you could remove it? I like the names, just before reading this I had already read a story which had a girl named 'Ashley' aka 'Ash' Anyway, great job! :)

Reply

B. W.
00:46 Dec 08, 2020

I don't really know, i kinda like having "Begin" in it, if i remove it I don't think it'll look as good, but ill think about it. Though thanks and I'm glad that ya liked the story ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part in the story or anything like that?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
01:00 Dec 08, 2020

Oh, well, that's alright :) Anyway, yeah. I liked Ivy's confidence and her arrogance, it was a really nice touch to the story :D

Reply

B. W.
02:16 Dec 08, 2020

What did ya think about Calla

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
04:20 Dec 08, 2020

Oh... well, I don't really know about her, she kind of gives me a bad vibe I guess, I dunno why though :P

Reply

B. W.
04:55 Dec 08, 2020

A bad vibe how? do ya think shes like Ivy as well or something?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:27 Dec 11, 2020

This was amazing and very creative! My ipad decided to die right as I was reading the end of your story and is was awful!!! I loved how you told the story through voice recordings! I thought it was really cool. I also thought that you did well giving the different characters a different voice. Does that make since? Anyway it was really good and I can’t wait to see what you do next!

Reply

B. W.
18:19 Dec 11, 2020

thank you, im glad that ya liked it ^^ I should probably have another story out soon, did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
15:40 Dec 08, 2020

Hi B! This was a good story. I liked the format you put this one in, and it was a great sequel.

Reply

B. W.
18:02 Dec 08, 2020

thank you, im glad that ya liked it ^^ did you have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
19:34 Dec 08, 2020

It was when Ivy's words got cut off at the end. It added some mystery to the story.

Reply

B. W.
20:28 Dec 08, 2020

anything else ya gotta say?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
21:54 Dec 08, 2020

I liked that you showed Ivy's friends trying to figure out what to do. If your friend did something so bad, what would you do? The story did a good job showing their struggle.

Reply

B. W.
22:20 Dec 08, 2020

When do ya think you'll make a new story?

Reply

Show 4 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
06:07 Dec 08, 2020

Lovely logs!! You really managed to make the story, flow really well! Good job!

Reply

B. W.
06:43 Dec 08, 2020

thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ did you have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Sia S
11:05 Dec 08, 2020

:), the beginning!

Reply

B. W.
17:58 Dec 08, 2020

would ya maybe wanna see more of these?

Reply

Sia S
03:12 Dec 09, 2020

Yes! Your really good at murder mysteries!!

Reply

B. W.
03:32 Dec 09, 2020

I am?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:48 Dec 07, 2020

Nothing like mine... did anyone read Emma and Alexander?

Reply

B. W.
22:32 Dec 07, 2020

what?

Reply

13:01 Dec 08, 2020

My version of the cookie prompt.

Reply

B. W.
18:00 Dec 08, 2020

Oh, maybe i think

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:47 Dec 07, 2020

A continuation to the Vivian story! Someone suspects Ivy... Did Ivy mean to kill her right off the bat, or just get her badly Hurt? that was my question from before that I never asked.

Reply

B. W.
22:31 Dec 07, 2020

In the first part, even though it was never really said or anything like that, Ivy was deciding if she should just hurt her or actually kill her, as she was heading to Ash's home stuff she finally decided that she would actually kill her. Hope that clears that part up a bit ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

13:00 Dec 08, 2020

I have a tip. Maybe, since it's a recording, it beeps out when Ivy swears? I know it's already submitted, but since it's audio, and audio does that....

Reply

B. W.
18:00 Dec 08, 2020

I'm not sure if all audio does that but I could be wrong

Reply

18:03 Dec 08, 2020

Most does.

Reply

B. W.
18:07 Dec 08, 2020

anything else?

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
20:09 Dec 07, 2020

Wow, this story was so interesting!~ I loved it :) Voice logs are something that astronauts or adventurers typically do, but it's a unique take, good job!

Reply

B. W.
20:40 Dec 07, 2020

thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ did you have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Laiba M
22:23 Dec 07, 2020

Hmm. I liked Ivy's braveness and confidence at the end when she admitted to being the killer.

Reply

B. W.
22:34 Dec 07, 2020

What did ya think about Calla?

Reply

Laiba M
23:44 Dec 07, 2020

I liked how Ash and his friend switched when recording logs!

Reply

B. W.
00:09 Dec 08, 2020

I was kind just gonna have the logs only be one character, though then I hated that idea and decided for it to switch between characters almost every log

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
17:14 Feb 09, 2021

OMG I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH!!! I mean, you took me on an emotional rollercoaster and that is really hard to do. Thank you so much for this experience!! I do have to say though, when you're logging... does that mean you are recording yourself talk or writing it down because I have a follow up question depending on your answer. Also, can you read my story "Noah Adir"? I'm trying to perfect my writing a little and you have like a zillion stories on here so I kinda count you as a pro XD!!

Reply

B. W.
18:38 Feb 09, 2021

Yeah, It's kind of like when you record yourself talk. And Sure I don't see why not, I'll go read it soon and try to leave some feedback at some point. And I'm glad that you liked the story ^^

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
18:45 Feb 09, 2021

No problem!! The follow up question is: I don't have one bc I thought you were going to say writing. If you were to say writing, I was going to say you use a lot of this "..." and some of it was unnecessary but I get it now :) Thanks!!

Reply

B. W.
03:35 Feb 10, 2021

Did you maybe have a favorite part in the story? and no prob ^^

Reply

Cookie Carla🍪
14:19 Feb 10, 2021

I think the whole Log 5 was my favorite. The emotion that showed was literally breathtaking. I mean, you could actually see the anger coming off the words. That was the most emotional part I think besides Log 8!!

Reply

B. W.
18:08 Feb 10, 2021

Do ya wanna check out any of my other stories? I don't really think that this one is that good, though I'm still glad you liked it.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✨Abby ✨
02:33 Dec 11, 2020

Love this. The perfect amount of dark with a tad bit of comedy. Amazing.

Reply

B. W.
02:48 Dec 11, 2020

thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

✨Abby ✨
02:55 Dec 11, 2020

Hmmm my favorite part was probably the ending.. it was a bit of a cliffhanger but not enough to where I’m like I NEED A SECOND PART if ya now what mean..

Reply

B. W.
03:47 Dec 11, 2020

This technically WAS a second part, the first part was "Sweet Revenge"

Reply

✨Abby ✨
03:49 Dec 11, 2020

Ah yes, I see that 😉

Reply

B. W.
03:54 Dec 11, 2020

There wont be any other parts though

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
17:24 Dec 08, 2020

This was fun! I enjoyed it. The ending is perfect. I believe there were different people talking throughout? If so it was a little hard to know who was who. Interesting story!

Reply

B. W.
18:06 Dec 08, 2020

Yes, Calla and Ash. I could maybe help you so it would be easier to tell who's talking in each log and stuff? Ivy was the one talking In the very last one though. Though I'm glad ya liked the story ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Zilla Babbitt
16:00 Dec 08, 2020

Well, I wrote a long comment and something happened and it was deleted. I wrote mostly about what I liked, but I'll cut it short this time around. Basically I like this, the worldbuilding and the logs and how you are reflected a little especially in the first log. It's realistic and sort of sad, but also morbidly funny. Grammar problems are few, but there are some. You tend to use a comma when there should be a period, and nothing at all when there should be a comma. This is fine in conversation because you can just use the tone of your v...

Reply

B. W.
18:04 Dec 08, 2020

Do you possibly know how it even got deleted? That seems a little strange, I don't think that's ever happened before. Though thank you and I'm glad that you at least liked the story, I could go fix that part real soon ^^ did you ever have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Zilla Babbitt
19:03 Dec 08, 2020

It was like I hit Ctrl-something and it disappeared. It was odd, I hadn't even finished writing it yet. Oh well. I think my favorite part was the ending, where it cuts off. It's like a cliffhanger, very realistic.

Reply

B. W.
20:27 Dec 08, 2020

There's not gonna be another part to this, so it'll just fully end on a cliff hanger and all that. What did ya think of Calla and Ash?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:46 Dec 07, 2020

Oo I loved this story! I'm assuming it's part 2 to that story, I forgot what it was called, but I think you know what I'm talking about 😅 This was a really nice story, I liked the voices logs, that was a really nice touch! Loved this story!

Reply

B. W.
22:30 Dec 07, 2020

The first part was called "Sweet Revenge" and that was actually what Ivy was about to say for the Log ended. Though thanks and I'm glad that ya liked the story ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

22:48 Dec 07, 2020

Definitely the last entry, it added a huge amount of suspense

Reply

B. W.
22:53 Dec 07, 2020

What do ya think about Calla and Ash?

Reply

03:19 Dec 08, 2020

I think it was a good idea to prove that Ivy killed Vivian, although I'm wondering how Ash found out. I'm also curious on why he involved Carra into all the drama

Reply

B. W.
03:31 Dec 08, 2020

He needed someone to help him, so he decided to get Calla to help him. It's kinda up to you though on how you think he found out and stuff.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Coco Longstaff
12:40 Jan 04, 2021

I like the format, like how you delivered the story The title intrigued me so much! I guess titles are super important! My favorite part was the ending, where the Marion character revealed a little secret It ended all so quickly! The story left me in my seat, speechless with several questions! Thanks for the story B!

Reply

B. W.
16:40 Jan 04, 2021

Thanks im glad that ya liked the story ^^ what did ya think of the main character and the friend?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
12:48 Dec 08, 2020

I love the Start log End log thing, and it worked out so nicely. Your writing was fluently well done and descriptions were wonderful. Great Job!!!!! And to answer the question you're going to ask, my fave part was the beginning and exposition.

Reply

B. W.
17:59 Dec 08, 2020

Thanks, im glad that ya liked it ^^ What did ya think about Calla and Ash?

Reply

. .
18:02 Dec 08, 2020

I think it's a great bittersweet relationship. Also, I posted Malefice Pt. 3!

Reply

B. W.
18:07 Dec 08, 2020

I'll check it out soon ^^

Reply

. .
18:07 Dec 08, 2020

^^

Reply

B. W.
18:08 Dec 08, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.