218 comments

Fantasy

Part 5 of War of the Elements! Nainika the Menacing... read other parts if you haven't already. Or if you haven't, should still make sense.


ok i'm rushing. Bye love y'all have a nice day.


“We promise to exterminate all other elements except for the Darkness Kingdom.” 

-------------------------- 

Twenty Minutes Ago 

 “Dad, I don’t think we should be attacking other empires.” I was Nika the Menacing (no prim, prissy princess title for me), the eldest daughter of the Sand King. We were a tribe of only two-thousand, but nomads. We were fierce in battle, but we weren’t ruthless barbarians. We were civilized, and we strayed from attacking lands which had done nothing to us. In fact, the last time we had attacked was almost thirty years ago. I hadn’t even been born (I’m eighteen, do the math). I heard stories of victory and loss on the mighty battle field. Elements clashing and fighting in a vicious war.  

I was the eldest child of the royal family, and for ten years, my mother gave birth to no children. So instead of having a son to nurture as a general, my father became content with grooming me into his ideal son. He relayed battle strategies, epic tales, and how to use weapons.  

“Sand is most compatible with fire. which combined with sand can either create a flaming sheet of glass which could trap hundreds of soldiers under a molten glass cage, or stinging pieces of rock which come flying at you at 100 miles an hour which can kill you. Next is air, howling wind and sharp, tiny specks of sand can form a raging sandstorm. Light is always an extremely powerful ally, so we never cross them in battle-” 

“But father. What about water, ice, earth, light or darkness?” 

“Tsk. Don’t you use your brain? Water practically dissolves us, and frozen sand is just a joke! Not to mention we don’t ally with dark, ever, since they are the sneakiest and least trustworthy of them all!” 

“But wouldn’t we want to pair with them otherwise they can hurt us?” 

“You mustn’t speak of things you don’t know, child.” 

So he was harsh, but that’s the way to raise a true warrior. I took it as a compliment.  

So why was he going against his own advice right now? Twenty minutes ago the King of Darkness had arrived in the throne room by shadow-traveling. Like one minute it was just a shadowy corner, the next minute, boom, person!  

“Greetings, King Adorini of the Darkness Empire. What do we owe this pleasure today?”  

“I want you as my ally for the war.” 

“Why-” There was a pause as my father locked eyes with King Adorini. Then, he dropped his eyes and muttered, “Yes, of course.” 

“Father, you must think this over.” I was his daughter, but I was also his chief general. I was not afraid of some dopey dude who traveled through dusty, cobwebbed corners! Ok, maybe I was, but my kingdom was in dire trouble! If we consented to ally with King Adorini, who knows what would happen. They were the type in history who didn’t care for their allies, and took advantage of them. Once they had what they wanted, they wanted nothing more to do with you. On the other hand, darkness was one of the most formidable elements. In a snap, King Adorini could shroud the whole room in darkness. But in return, that formidableness could be used against us. I opened my mouth, ready to say something to my father, but King Adorini interrupted me.  

“I shall take over this world, eliminate all other kingdoms and have all the elements eliminated except for darkness. And, if you aid me well in battle, perhaps I’ll keep a few Sand Kingdom advisors. But no sand powers. It’s well known that darkness is the most powerful element of them all, because while everything is dark, nobody has any power. Everybody will be at our mercy to see light everyday. First, we’ll kill off the Light Kingdom.” What the heck? He was literally talking about terminating all other kingdoms, including us, right in front of me! The audacity!  

“Excuse me, but that seems very extreme-” 

“Shut your mouth, daughter!” 

“Father!-” He glared at me menacingly, but his eyes held no anger. Instead they looked confused, blank even. He must know that refusing the offer to ally with the Darkness kingdom would mean more trouble for us. But we mustn’t back down! We were a strong empire, and we could afford to lose an ally! 

“And who’s this?” King Adorini looked condescendingly at me.  

“I am Nainika the Menacing, General in the Grand High Army of the Sand Kingdom, heir to the throne.” I straightened myself up and puffed out my chest to emphasize my power. 

“I see.” With an affirmative nod, he grazed his eyes over my body. 

“Eighteen? Perfect age for my son, Jean Valerie.” 

“I’m sorry, but I’m not interested-” But a figure rose from the shadow in the corner. Jean Valerie. A breathtaking sight. Tall, muscular, dressed in black armor. I then desperately hoped that my dark brown hair wasn’t that messy and there were no pimples on my light caramel colored skin.  

What the heck? What was I thinking? I was Nainika the Menacing, Nika the Menacing, Nika the Menacing, Nika...  

“Well? You’ll be his wife won’t you?” My brain clouded with darkness, and I could only think, “Yes. Yes. Yes.” 

“Then that’s settled! You’ll ally with us as well won’t you?” 

“Yes.” My father and I said at the same time.  

“Excellent. You promise?” 

“We promise to exterminate all other elements except for the Darkness Kingdom.” 

----------------------------------------- 

Meanwhile... 

Mira’s POV 

I missed my father. Who knew where he had been kidnapped to? All I wanted was to curl up on my bed and read a good book back home in a palace instead of sitting in this damp forest pondering what to do. Besides, what else was there to do? It was sure that Jean Valerie and his creepy group of darkness soldiers were trying to invade our kingdom. Maybe I would have to live this life of a commoner on the run from now on.  

In fact, my life right now seemed just like those plots of intriguing novels I always read.  

“Kate... show us another trick you can do.” We hadn’t gotten very far with our plans (um... sneak into the kingdom and like attack? Three people? Yay. Menacing.) So we were entertaining ourselves by seeing how our powers reacted with each others. Fire+water=steam. Water+Ice= more ice? Ice+Fire=More steam. Results were not the best, but we found out Kate could create intricate designs just by blowing into the air. She had already created an eeriely likening portrait of me, and she was working on Luke’s.  

Suddenly, a girl appeared in front of us in a gust of wind.  



_____________


Dedicated to Nika!!! Amazing author!! Squeeeeeee...

January 09, 2021 02:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

218 comments

I am pretty sure that Katniss Everdeen learned how to swim in a lake. Is that true?

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
22:51 Jan 09, 2021

er... yah... um... er... I'll try to get you to 3rd place but um... 1st place is a tough one...

Reply

Oh no! I wasn't doing it for that! Just...fun trivia, that's all. But thanks for liking all the stories, really appreciate you doing that! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I loved this story so much Jennie! Also, to answer your hardest question, is it the letter F? (Not for the points, but because I feel like I learned this.)

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
19:15 Jan 09, 2021

Wow thanks! Wrong sorry... :( hint food

Reply

Your welcome!! It's ok...

Reply

I also remember studying something about electric blue...is that it?

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
19:22 Jan 09, 2021

Hint: fruit

Reply

Hmm... Blueberries? I thought it has something to do with blue...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Up Voter
21:39 Jan 10, 2021

Incredible story, Jennie! You are such a creative writer! Let me know if you're being downvoted!!! Have an excellent day :) Love, Upvoter

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
00:39 Jan 11, 2021

Upvoter must be upvoted! Marshmallows, UNITE!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
23:10 Jan 09, 2021

ALERT- AMETHYST NEEDS UPVOTING

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:29 Jan 19, 2021

saph, do you wanna be a fruit?

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
15:42 Jan 19, 2021

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....what fruit would I be?

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
15:45 Jan 19, 2021

erm... you could be watermelon willow... check my bio for more ideas!

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
15:48 Jan 19, 2021

kk

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
15:54 Jan 19, 2021

heheheheeh

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
21:35 Jan 09, 2021

OMG IS THE HARDEST QUESTION IN EXISTENCE YELLOW??

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:41 Jan 09, 2021

Nope

Reply

. .
21:54 Jan 09, 2021

Really??

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
21:25 Jan 09, 2021

Hi Jennie!! This was a great story (Love Nika BTW) but you NEED TO EASE UP ON THE I AM OR WE ARE SENTENCESSSS THEY ARE INFO DUMPSSSS!!! Great job tho, can't wait to see my prophecy in it...

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:27 Jan 09, 2021

Hehehe info dump crew idk how else to do it 😞

Reply

. .
21:28 Jan 09, 2021

Just reveal it with emotion behind it (Omg I pester about the emotion soooo much) or reveal with added description or dialogue. You need that extra behind it to back it up.

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:30 Jan 09, 2021

*king of emotion*

Reply

. .
21:31 Jan 09, 2021

XD yes I am!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
14:29 Jan 19, 2021

hihihihihi

Reply

. .
14:46 Jan 19, 2021

Hiiiiiiiiiii why you change your name??

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:47 Jan 19, 2021

cause im part of the fruit gang!

Reply

Show 0 replies
✰ Jennie ✰
14:48 Jan 19, 2021

you could be blueberry bob 🤣 ahahahhaha

Reply

. .
14:54 Jan 19, 2021

XD no thankssss

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies

HElP I NEEd TO GET TO 7000 but people Are DOWNVOTING ME SO mUUuUcH

Reply

Show 0 replies

Can you tell me about my relationship with Jean hehehhee XD

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
22:14 Jan 09, 2021

No spoilers

Reply

Waaaah 🥺🥺🥺 Okie XD

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
22:40 Jan 09, 2021

hehehehe. light powers+dark powers like that needs to be shipped

Reply

Their BEGGING to be shipped... Wot ship name...?

Reply

Show 0 replies
✰ Jennie ✰
22:44 Jan 09, 2021

💜Jeaneste 💜

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hey do you like my tomato? (Im celeste's brother)

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
16:37 Jan 21, 2021

Hello draco! nice to meet ya! I'm best served on top of ice cream... what about you?

Reply

Hmmmmm salad can i go in the fruit gang?

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
17:14 Jan 21, 2021

You are! I've added you!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
17:14 Jan 21, 2021

there's like 20 peeps

Reply

Woah is ma sis there....

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:21 Jan 19, 2021

👑 🐷 👙 👢👢 Queen Pig of Bikini Land

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:06 Jan 19, 2021

yaaaaaasssssss queen. Aight, so you going in my exhibition too! Love ya!

Reply

03:12 Jan 19, 2021

*kisses*

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:36 Jan 18, 2021

Hey, Jen! So, I'm writing a story that's going to use all of my Reedsy friends, and I want you in it. If you also want to be in it, fill in this: Name (if you want something different): Power: Spirit animal: Eye: Hair: Favorite color: Weakness: Thanks if you do this! If not, that's okay, too. :D Your friend, Brooke

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
22:34 Jan 18, 2021

OMG GURL I LOVE YA NEW NAME!!!! I wanna be a new name toooooo Name (if you want something different): Power: transform into any animal Spirit animal: dove (my fav animal to transform into) Eye: blue Hair: light blond like draco malfoy's hair color lol Favorite color: pale blue Weakness: arrogant squealllllll i can't wait!!

Reply

22:35 Jan 18, 2021

SHANK YA!!!! lol just find a cool name on a random name generator, and add a plant/fruit/veggie in front of it lol That all sounds good! Except for the weakness... I meant that your weakness would be like the thing that makes you do really stupid things, or just do anything. If being arrogant is that, then that can stay the same :) Sorry 'bout that Me, either!!!!!! XD

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
22:38 Jan 18, 2021

ooooooooooooh got ya... like a weakness for puppies lol erm weakness for cute guysssssss

Reply

22:39 Jan 18, 2021

Yerp. Lol XD That works!!!!!!! Wait... I'm gonna have Luke (Litlover) in this story... if he's good-looking....??

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
22:50 Jan 18, 2021

hey kiwi, I'm cherry. Nice to meet ya.

Reply

Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
22:42 Jan 18, 2021

heh. you da author... you got da power. welp.

Reply

Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
22:42 Jan 18, 2021

i wanna be a fruit name tooooo. hmmmm if I'm like blueberry bella tommorow don't be surprised

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
14:29 Jan 19, 2021

oui

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

pretty sure brynne is straight...i could be wrong tho.... Also hogwarts has 142 staricases im pretty sure

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
15:39 Jan 13, 2021

Brynne is not straight... sorrry CORRECT!!!! +50

Reply

at least i got one! its been a little while since i read aru shah

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:29 Jan 19, 2021

yah samee

Reply

Im reading it now tho! and if you havent gotten an answer...is she bi?

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:43 Jan 19, 2021

yessss!!! sorry somebody else answered... but I'll still upvote you!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

15? 16 for age? Also, I need a hint for the hardest question.

Reply

Show 0 replies
. .
17:21 Jan 11, 2021

NEW STORY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kate Reynolds
13:34 Jan 11, 2021

HELLOOOOO JENNIEEEEEEEEEE GREAT JOB YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS STORY WAS LOVELY! I love the whole "Nika the Menacing" part, and how the story was not too serious!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Brynne is bisexual right?

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
13:20 Jan 11, 2021

YES!!!! +100 karma

Reply

Mira Caplan
03:04 Jan 12, 2021

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK YES

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:30 Jan 19, 2021

heheehe thanks to you for the questions!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nainika Gupta
21:06 Jan 09, 2021

OMG AHAHAHAHA yessss so dark so beautiful i obvi have a crush on Jean now loll I LOVED THIS :D:D:D:D:D thanks soo much Jennie also also also Part 3 of Game of Lions is out your character is AMAZING!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:30 Jan 19, 2021

oh lollll sorry late reply but yep

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
19:00 Jan 09, 2021

Hm, I think this was a really good story ^^ This was the first story of yours that I've read, though ill go check the rest out soon. I think I'll go and give this story a 10/10 :)

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
19:14 Jan 09, 2021

Thanks! Yay wow 10/10 me happy!

Reply

B. W.
19:32 Jan 09, 2021

No prob ^^ You should make more stories, though only when you arent busy or anything.

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
21:20 Jan 09, 2021

Good idea... when school calms down

Reply

B. W.
22:27 Jan 09, 2021

Thats fine

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
17:34 Jan 09, 2021

OMG YOU PUT MY SONG IN YOUR BIO I'M CRYING LITERALLY THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO ME THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.