218 comments

Fantasy

Part 5 of War of the Elements! Nainika the Menacing... read other parts if you haven't already. Or if you haven't, should still make sense.


ok i'm rushing. Bye love y'all have a nice day.


“We promise to exterminate all other elements except for the Darkness Kingdom.” 

-------------------------- 

Twenty Minutes Ago 

 “Dad, I don’t think we should be attacking other empires.” I was Nika the Menacing (no prim, prissy princess title for me), the eldest daughter of the Sand King. We were a tribe of only two-thousand, but nomads. We were fierce in battle, but we weren’t ruthless barbarians. We were civilized, and we strayed from attacking lands which had done nothing to us. In fact, the last time we had attacked was almost thirty years ago. I hadn’t even been born (I’m eighteen, do the math). I heard stories of victory and loss on the mighty battle field. Elements clashing and fighting in a vicious war.  

I was the eldest child of the royal family, and for ten years, my mother gave birth to no children. So instead of having a son to nurture as a general, my father became content with grooming me into his ideal son. He relayed battle strategies, epic tales, and how to use weapons.  

“Sand is most compatible with fire. which combined with sand can either create a flaming sheet of glass which could trap hundreds of soldiers under a molten glass cage, or stinging pieces of rock which come flying at you at 100 miles an hour which can kill you. Next is air, howling wind and sharp, tiny specks of sand can form a raging sandstorm. Light is always an extremely powerful ally, so we never cross them in battle-” 

“But father. What about water, ice, earth, light or darkness?” 

“Tsk. Don’t you use your brain? Water practically dissolves us, and frozen sand is just a joke! Not to mention we don’t ally with dark, ever, since they are the sneakiest and least trustworthy of them all!” 

“But wouldn’t we want to pair with them otherwise they can hurt us?” 

“You mustn’t speak of things you don’t know, child.” 

So he was harsh, but that’s the way to raise a true warrior. I took it as a compliment.  

So why was he going against his own advice right now? Twenty minutes ago the King of Darkness had arrived in the throne room by shadow-traveling. Like one minute it was just a shadowy corner, the next minute, boom, person!  

“Greetings, King Adorini of the Darkness Empire. What do we owe this pleasure today?”  

“I want you as my ally for the war.” 

“Why-” There was a pause as my father locked eyes with King Adorini. Then, he dropped his eyes and muttered, “Yes, of course.” 

“Father, you must think this over.” I was his daughter, but I was also his chief general. I was not afraid of some dopey dude who traveled through dusty, cobwebbed corners! Ok, maybe I was, but my kingdom was in dire trouble! If we consented to ally with King Adorini, who knows what would happen. They were the type in history who didn’t care for their allies, and took advantage of them. Once they had what they wanted, they wanted nothing more to do with you. On the other hand, darkness was one of the most formidable elements. In a snap, King Adorini could shroud the whole room in darkness. But in return, that formidableness could be used against us. I opened my mouth, ready to say something to my father, but King Adorini interrupted me.  

“I shall take over this world, eliminate all other kingdoms and have all the elements eliminated except for darkness. And, if you aid me well in battle, perhaps I’ll keep a few Sand Kingdom advisors. But no sand powers. It’s well known that darkness is the most powerful element of them all, because while everything is dark, nobody has any power. Everybody will be at our mercy to see light everyday. First, we’ll kill off the Light Kingdom.” What the heck? He was literally talking about terminating all other kingdoms, including us, right in front of me! The audacity!  

“Excuse me, but that seems very extreme-” 

“Shut your mouth, daughter!” 

“Father!-” He glared at me menacingly, but his eyes held no anger. Instead they looked confused, blank even. He must know that refusing the offer to ally with the Darkness kingdom would mean more trouble for us. But we mustn’t back down! We were a strong empire, and we could afford to lose an ally! 

“And who’s this?” King Adorini looked condescendingly at me.  

“I am Nainika the Menacing, General in the Grand High Army of the Sand Kingdom, heir to the throne.” I straightened myself up and puffed out my chest to emphasize my power. 

“I see.” With an affirmative nod, he grazed his eyes over my body. 

“Eighteen? Perfect age for my son, Jean Valerie.” 

“I’m sorry, but I’m not interested-” But a figure rose from the shadow in the corner. Jean Valerie. A breathtaking sight. Tall, muscular, dressed in black armor. I then desperately hoped that my dark brown hair wasn’t that messy and there were no pimples on my light caramel colored skin.  

What the heck? What was I thinking? I was Nainika the Menacing, Nika the Menacing, Nika the Menacing, Nika...  

“Well? You’ll be his wife won’t you?” My brain clouded with darkness, and I could only think, “Yes. Yes. Yes.” 

“Then that’s settled! You’ll ally with us as well won’t you?” 

“Yes.” My father and I said at the same time.  

“Excellent. You promise?” 

“We promise to exterminate all other elements except for the Darkness Kingdom.” 

----------------------------------------- 

Meanwhile... 

Mira’s POV 

I missed my father. Who knew where he had been kidnapped to? All I wanted was to curl up on my bed and read a good book back home in a palace instead of sitting in this damp forest pondering what to do. Besides, what else was there to do? It was sure that Jean Valerie and his creepy group of darkness soldiers were trying to invade our kingdom. Maybe I would have to live this life of a commoner on the run from now on.  

In fact, my life right now seemed just like those plots of intriguing novels I always read.  

“Kate... show us another trick you can do.” We hadn’t gotten very far with our plans (um... sneak into the kingdom and like attack? Three people? Yay. Menacing.) So we were entertaining ourselves by seeing how our powers reacted with each others. Fire+water=steam. Water+Ice= more ice? Ice+Fire=More steam. Results were not the best, but we found out Kate could create intricate designs just by blowing into the air. She had already created an eeriely likening portrait of me, and she was working on Luke’s.  

Suddenly, a girl appeared in front of us in a gust of wind.  



_____________


Dedicated to Nika!!! Amazing author!! Squeeeeeee...

January 09, 2021 02:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

218 comments

Sunny 🌼
00:56 Jan 23, 2021

IT'S MIND CONTROL (called it). Also, are Celeste and Priya here and ready to join the party!?

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
00:57 Jan 23, 2021

OH MAH FRICKEN GOD YOU GUESSED CORRECCT

Reply

Show 0 replies
✰ Jennie ✰
00:59 Jan 23, 2021

Plus happy birthday! (sorry if it's belated, i just read your bio)

Reply

Sunny 🌼
01:04 Jan 23, 2021

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Mira Caplan
20:49 Jan 22, 2021

I POSTED PART 14

Reply

Show 0 replies

hi! would you like to be a part of a reedsycast story about superheroes? if so, please fill this out: Superhero's secret identity (can be real or made up): Superhero name: powers: what their uniform looks like: where they are from: their personality: any other notes: thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies

JEN LOOK AT MA BANANOOOOOOOOO

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
18:54 Jan 21, 2021

OH MA FRICKIN GOD I LARB. I MUST GET MY OWNNNNN

Reply

Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
18:57 Jan 21, 2021

LOOK AT MA CHERRY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
22:43 Jan 22, 2021

part 6 is outtttttttttt

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
✰ Jennie ✰
01:54 Jan 21, 2021

Yep! Asian American Born in America tho.... both parents are chinese.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
16:46 Jan 20, 2021

I’m doing a science-fiction themed reedsy-cast story and I would like to put you in it if you want. If you want to be in the story, there are just a few questions that I need you to answer. Questions: Alien’s Name (either your name or it could be different): Alien’s size: Alien’s color (can be any color or combination of colors): Alien’s special features (horns, tail, wings, tentacles, fur, scales, fins, etc.): Any other details about their physical appearance: Personality: Alien’s Planet of Origin (can be real or fictional): Any special ab...

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
17:00 Jan 20, 2021

OMGGGGGGGGG THANKS SO MUCH MAYA (0r LL) AFTER THIS ILL TRY TO PUT YA IN MY STORYYYY YAYYAYA I'LL NEED TO START IT THO OK SO... Jenniveve erm... 5 foot 4 light purple!!! I want a tail like a monkeys so I can hang ove rthe place and wings and instead of hair, shining scales Also, a long scar from forehead to lip that is white... Reederlandia peeps there have amazing intellectual powers and all have scales for hair and tail plus can I have a pet dragon yay SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EXCITEMENTT

Reply

Maya -
17:02 Jan 20, 2021

Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Thanks so much! Btw do you want to play skribble the (online pictionary game) at 2:30 EST with other reedsy people?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
15:07 Jan 20, 2021

Helloooo

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
15:47 Jan 20, 2021

hiiiiii part 2?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:49 Jan 20, 2021

Nope not yet I prob won't get it out this week bc the prompts don't really match. But I am working on a horror story! I was just boredddd

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
16:25 Jan 20, 2021

awww darn. a girl can hope tho. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHhhh horror

Reply

Kate Reynolds
21:14 Jan 20, 2021

XDDD Yeeessssssssss

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
18:14 Jan 19, 2021

NEW FRUIT MEMBERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Her name is Strawberry Sarah 🍓!!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
18:55 Jan 19, 2021

omg whooooooo

Reply

Kate Reynolds
18:56 Jan 19, 2021

Well changed it to Starfruit Sarah but stilllll!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
19:35 Jan 19, 2021

awwww alright! That's still great

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
05:08 Jan 19, 2021

jennieeeee how did your ice thing go? hope it went well

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:09 Jan 20, 2021

it went gooooooood. plus Luke doesn't hate you, he's just freakin confuzzled. Yah, he's a real person in my middle school class and I bet he just thinks you were talking about the character

Reply

<inactive> .
04:47 Jan 20, 2021

i was talking about the character tho- oh dang I'M OLDER THAN YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reply

Show 0 replies
<inactive> .
04:48 Jan 20, 2021

*eighth grader laughter*

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

👒 🐺 🩱 🥿🥿 Last one! Sassy Wolf Swimmer

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
13:30 Jan 19, 2021

oh yes!!! You so amazing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
02:07 Jan 19, 2021

blueberry bella "nika the menacing" fantastic title :D

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:09 Jan 19, 2021

hehe!!! Thanke! yessssss you planning on submitting a character or not... ? pls do I've already got pig in bikini and panda in dress

Reply

02:10 Jan 19, 2021

yessss i already did :D

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:29 Jan 20, 2021

yaaas queen!! You coconut charlotte now!!!!!! happy!!!!! OMG OUR INITIALS ARE BOTH CC yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

Reply

15:52 Jan 20, 2021

yaaaaaaa! OMG YEAH they're the same :DDDD

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
16:25 Jan 20, 2021

coco chanel vibez

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

👑 🐷 👙 👢👢 Queen Pig of Bikini Land and 🎩 🐼 👗 👠👠 Pretty Panda

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:03 Jan 19, 2021

OH MAH FRICKIN GOD I LOVE I WANT I WANT YOU DA BEST!!!! Also I love your new name!!!! yay!! we fruits! OK YOU DEF GOIN IN MAH MUSEUM.

Reply

HEHE Yay! We fruit vibing! YaSSsSsSsSssS

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:30 Jan 20, 2021

I'm best served on top of icecream! What about you?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
20:54 Jan 15, 2021

New storyyyyyyy

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
14:31 Jan 19, 2021

hey hi

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:22 Jan 14, 2021

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! I love this seriessssssssssss!!!! When will the next part come outttt?!?!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
20:06 Jan 15, 2021

Omg thanks!!! I guess hopefully this week? I'm hoping to get like all the backstories out an take a little break :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
15:14 Jan 14, 2021

JEN. HELP. NOW. https://blog.reedsy.com/directories/comments/297716/

Reply

Show 0 replies
✨Abby ✨
05:32 Jan 13, 2021

Heyyyy! I don't really know you but Radhika said you upvoted me and I wanted to say thank you sosososososo muccchhhhh!!!!

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
15:18 Jan 13, 2021

No prob! Marshmallows to da rescueeeeeeee

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
05:28 Jan 13, 2021

can lupriya pls be canon

Reply

Show 0 replies
01:05 Jan 13, 2021

YAY-YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS WAS SO AMAZING I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT PARTS ALSO I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU'VE BEEN ABLE TO CREATE THIS ENTIRE FANTASY SERIES. LIKE IT'S A WHOLE OTHER WORLD make this into a novel please I want to read it and I don't mean to beg or be annoying or rude or whatever but when is it my turn to come into the picture??

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
01:11 Jan 13, 2021

IM VERY SORRRRYYYY but none of teh prompts exactly fit because I don't want to make you like a super goody two-shoes for not lying, but I also don't think I can do it in all dialogue... so sorry. BUT do you wanna hear an excerpt?

Reply

20:06 Jan 13, 2021

Oh, it's okay!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally understand, Jennie. You don't have to be sorry. I was just curious. But it would be wonderful to hear an excerpt! :DDDDDDDDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
14:29 Jan 12, 2021

JEN DID YOU LIKE PART 12??? You'll be in it, don't worry. Just not in the arena... unless you want to be. (I had a different plan, but I could always change it)

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.