167 comments

Adventure Fantasy

After that horrid day several years ago I had been...actually wait, no. That single day wasn't the only thing, I'd have to say all of those years before I left were like that as well.

It's been four whole years since all of that had happened, I sometimes wonder what happened to Arcadia. She probably got what she wanted though, she's probably a mage.

Though now I was finally going to become better than her and it was going to be great. I'm actually going to be great at something for once in my life, maybe people will actually know who I am.

I'd been using a small to just teleport around to areas that were close by, and that's when I saw it. The building that held one of the strongest talismans. The Gem of Dalewood.

~~~

Arcadia stood below the rock I had climbed onto to see who was here, it seems like she had been searching for the gem. Or rather the person who had stolen the gem, me.

I set my left hand on the gem and raised my right up a bit, a dark purple aura was surrounding it now. "Come on Eir, you don't have to do this!"

"Oh, don't start giving me that 'you can change and become good again! You don't want to do this' bullcrap. Dear Arcadia, I do want to do this." I roll my eyes at the thought.

There was no way that I was going to take this off and lose everything I've been trying to do. Not like I could even take it off if I wanted to, though that doesn't matter.

Compared to me now, at least while having the Gem, who knows how weak she is to me? I could probably end up killing her if I wanted to. Maybe I will...who knows?

This Gem made me feel completely different from how I'd been all those years ago. I'd been such a weakling, barely anyone had even noticed me and I've always been ugly as a rat, though they loved her.

Though with this gem...all that felt like it changed. I felt really different. I felt...powerful.

~~~

With one last weak teleportation spell, I managed to get into the room that the Gem was being held. Those people were complete idiots and didn't decide to watch it or have some sort of security system to stop me, though that was good. At least for me.

This was it. The Gem was right there. I was finally going to be powerful, maybe people would actually know my name with this Gem. I could be more powerful than Arcadia and maybe I'd be stronger than the best mages. Who knows?

I proceeded to grab the gem off of the small stool it had been laying on, it didn't have some sort of glass case over it either. Man, these people were really lazy with one of the strongest Talismans. Though again, that just made it easier for me.

I carefully put it around my neck, almost like a necklace in a way. Nobody would ever take this away from me. They couldn't. If you wear any of the Talismans or at least some of the stronger ones, you can never take them off. Almost like they get stuck on you forever.

"Hey, do you hear that?" A muffled male-sounding voice asked someone else nearby. I wasn't entirely sure if they were coming this way or not, though I wasn't going to take the chance of them seeing me.

"I think so, come on let's go check it out." A muffled female-sounding voice then said. I didn't stay long enough there to see how they reacted, though it must have been shocking to them.

~~~

After mumbling the words to a spell I learned, a large purple and black claw-like hand appeared. I could see the fear in her eyes as she attempted to hide it, she tried to look brave. Typical.

She just sort of stood there though without doing anything, she might have been trying to think of what to do. Like a spell of sorts, or something completely different. I guess nobody has seen this before...

I'm not sure if I was controlling the claw-like hand, though it must have known at least what I was wanting to do. It dove down and grabbed Arcadia before she had managed to cast a spell (or whatever she was planning on doing) and brought her to me.

"Oh. Why thank you so much."

"E-Eir you-"

"Oh, shut it. You and everyone else have been better than me for my whole life, why did you get to be a mage?! I wanted to be one! You ruined my life...though, with this, everything is going to change for me. And it's going to be great."

There were millions of things that I could do now, especially now with all the spells and everything else that comes with this Talisman. How's a girl to choose?

Though there was at least one thing that I was certain of doing now. There are millions of ways that it could happen, though I was going to get rid of Arcadia. This was all going to be great, my life was going to be great.

I raise my right hand with the dark purple aura starting to appear again. The claw-like hand tightens around her, it still must know what I want to do. "Goodbye, Ari..."

~~~

It had begun to rain as I ran through the forest and away from that crummy school. I could still very slightly hear her yell "Eir!" though it was fainter, and she wasn't running after me.

This was stupid. Becoming a mage was my dream, she's always been better than me. Of course, she was going to become a mage and get into the school. Everyone would always be better than me.

Why was I never good at anything? How come I can't be a mage? It had been my dream ever since I was a toddler. Why did she and everyone else deserve to get in? Why not me?

There had to be something that I could do, I needed to get stronger. I needed to become powerful. I don't care how long that's going to take, it's going to happen. No matter what.

January 06, 2021 02:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

167 comments

Love this! I was actually hoping part two would be told in Eir's perspective!

Reply

B. W.
03:12 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

um, not really, the whole thing was amazing! I did how you would do some parts in italics and it would be like a memory.

Reply

B. W.
04:58 Jan 06, 2021

You saw the other part, right?

Reply

B. W.
06:07 Jan 06, 2021

Do ya have a favorite character out of the two?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
02:25 Jan 06, 2021

This was a collab with M Cookiie ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Raquel Rodriguez
15:54 Jan 07, 2021

Wow, Bee! Great job! You collabbed with M Cookie for this one, right? Love this :) My favorite part was the names, so creative!

Reply

B. W.
17:49 Jan 07, 2021

Yep, I did ^^ and thanks, im glad that ya liked the story. What did ya think of Eir?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:49 Jan 07, 2021

I liked her a lot! She sounds very sarcastic sometimes and I'm like, in love with her personality lol.

Reply

B. W.
18:54 Jan 07, 2021

what did ya think of Arcadia?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:19 Jan 08, 2021

Oh, well, she was nice too! Is it just me, or is the notifications page getting weird? I can't turn to my second page and I only see 3 notifs :/

Reply

B. W.
03:49 Jan 08, 2021

Maybe whatever is going on with your notifications page will be fixed tomorrow or something? Nothing is going on with mine.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
05:55 Jan 08, 2021

Should this ever be turned into an actual series?

Reply

23:51 Jan 08, 2021

That'd be pretty cool! You're talking about this story, right?

Reply

B. W.
00:01 Jan 09, 2021

Yes, im talking about this one.

Reply

02:59 Jan 09, 2021

That'd be cool if you made it into a series!

Reply

B. W.
03:31 Jan 09, 2021

What do ya think should even happen in the next part though? if I did.

Reply

15:16 Jan 09, 2021

Hmm, I really don't know, maybe more into their past, or more into their future

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
17:14 Mar 11, 2021

Just that beginning line was enough to draw me in, I think. Love the mix of fantasy and the real-world sort of mentality too.

Reply

B. W.
17:42 Mar 11, 2021

I've always been better at doing Fantasy stories, so almost all of my stories include that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Shae Greyfeather
23:27 Jan 17, 2021

Nice.

Reply

B. W.
00:25 Jan 18, 2021

Thanks, did you have a favorite part?

Reply

Shae Greyfeather
15:29 Jan 18, 2021

The entire thing.

Reply

B. W.
19:18 Jan 18, 2021

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
16:19 Jan 08, 2021

Hey B! How ya doing?

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
16:21 Jan 08, 2021

Upvoting you cause I'm bored lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
21:24 Jan 07, 2021

Hello! I'm new to reedsy, so do you have any advice, being on the leaderboard and everything?

Reply

B. W.
21:51 Jan 07, 2021

What kind of advice would ya want? and welcome to Reedsy ^^

Reply

13:59 Jan 08, 2021

Thx! Just on how to submit stuff and things like that.

Reply

B. W.
19:35 Jan 08, 2021

Whenever you click on a prompt and do the story and all that, at the bottom there'll be a button just saying 'submit story' and then you click on it. Though your story has to be between 1k-3k words.

Reply

19:39 Jan 08, 2021

Oh! Okay!

Reply

B. W.
19:42 Jan 08, 2021

Anything else?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
16:55 Jan 07, 2021

Wow, the names were just gorgeous~~ Where'd you get them from? Eir is such a wonderful name, and it matches your story's elven, magical, forest-y feeling completely :) My favorite parts were your description of the magic! Is this going to be a series? Who'd you collaborate with?

Reply

B. W.
17:51 Jan 07, 2021

I collaborated with M Cookiie, and no this won't be a series. I still have a lot of other series going on, and even if I did try to make this a series, I don't really know what would happen with. What did ya think of Eir as a character?

Reply

Laiba M
19:14 Jan 07, 2021

That's cool!~ Hmm, yeah, I agree. I liked Eir! I thought her character was very interesting; someone who cares a lot about how she looks to others and is sensitive, yet still gets angry every now and then :)

Reply

B. W.
21:07 Jan 07, 2021

Anything else?

Reply

Laiba M
21:15 Jan 07, 2021

I don't think so :) But I really loved your addition of magic, lol.

Reply

B. W.
21:20 Jan 07, 2021

Do ya think the prompts coming out tomorrow will be good?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✨Abby ✨
04:50 Jan 07, 2021

This was awesome ohmagosh loved ittttt

Reply

B. W.
05:25 Jan 07, 2021

Thanks ^^ did you have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Riddhi Shedge
20:41 Jan 06, 2021

Hey! How are you doing today?

Reply

B. W.
20:57 Jan 06, 2021

I guess im fine, what about you?

Reply

Riddhi Shedge
22:14 Jan 06, 2021

I'm doing good! Did your online school start?

Reply

B. W.
22:44 Jan 06, 2021

Mine did a few days ago, what about you?

Reply

Riddhi Shedge
23:04 Jan 06, 2021

Same, it started on Monday! How are your novels coming along?

Reply

B. W.
23:26 Jan 06, 2021

I haven't been able to really work on them yet.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:37 Jan 06, 2021

Oo I loved your part! I liked the story you did on how Eir found the gem! 10/10! :D

Reply

B. W.
03:11 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks ^^ anything else?

Reply

03:18 Jan 06, 2021

Mm nothing really. It was fun doing a collab! :D

Reply

B. W.
04:58 Jan 06, 2021

Yeah, it really was ^^ maybe we should do another one at some point

Reply

05:11 Jan 06, 2021

Yea, that'd be fun!

Reply

B. W.
06:06 Jan 06, 2021

have ya done any other collabs with anyone else?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Chris Wagner
00:24 Jan 14, 2021

The writing mechanics of this story were very good. No typos or distracting writing errors. The only problem was I couldn't tell what was going on. It wasn't clear, even with the separate paragraphs in italic, if this were a different person. But other than that, very magical and readable. Keep up the good work

Reply

B. W.
00:28 Jan 14, 2021

I could send you a link to the first part if you want? And the italics were sort of supposed to be flashbacks in a way and it was all still Eir. Though if I send you the other one, it might help a bit. and I'm glad ya liked it ^^

Reply

Chris Wagner
00:43 Jan 14, 2021

I wasn't aware this was a sequel to another story. For the purposes of reedsy, I might suggest trying to continue your stories like they do with Peter pan or Sherlock Holmes, make each one self contained, so people don't have to keep looking back, but throw in tidbits from the other stories, easter eggs for the readers that follow you

Reply

B. W.
02:45 Jan 14, 2021

Me and a friend had decided to do a collab story together since we thought it would be fun, though I guess I could try to do that at some point. I've never actually seen Peter Pan or Sherlock Holmes though.

Reply

Chris Wagner
22:37 Jan 14, 2021

I'm not talking about the films, because those are long. I suggest you look at short story collections, especially ones with a theme, and see how separate ones tie together but can still stand alone

Reply

B. W.
23:13 Jan 14, 2021

Hm, I guess I could do that at some point.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
17:43 Jan 08, 2021

What do you think of the new prompts? :)

Reply

B. W.
19:32 Jan 08, 2021

I'm fine with them. I MIGHT be able to continue my demi-god series or my Otherworldly series if I try enough.

Reply

Maya -
19:33 Jan 08, 2021

Great!!! :D

Reply

B. W.
19:41 Jan 08, 2021

Do ya have a favorite one?

Reply

Maya -
19:43 Jan 08, 2021

Maybe the fifth? I'm not really sure. :)

Reply

B. W.
21:58 Jan 08, 2021

I really like the lie/half truth one

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Great job B! Loved it! :)

Reply

B. W.
18:16 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part or something?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.