The Camp (part 2)

Submitted into Contest #57 in response to: Write a story about someone breaking a long family tradition.... view prompt

211 comments

Fantasy

None of these New prompt's aren't exactly what i thought for my stories, this probably won't match exactly but the "tradition" let's say is no one going to the camp, i'm just trying my best with these ones.

They had all told him to not go to that 'terrible' place, but how could he not? he felt like he belonged there. he knew that there would be more people like him. There had been other's in his family that had been like him, but they had never went to it. he decided that it was time to finally do it.

He sneaks out in the middle of the night, his family members are all heavy sleeper's so he was able to do this a lot anyway. He had to get to the camp, who knows if he did maybe he could meet his father. Arren was the son of Apollo though he lived with his mother and two little sisters. he quickly packed up some of his things and then jumped out the window, like Apollo he really liked music and hoped to be a singer one day.

He luckily knew where the camp was after having done some research a few weeks ago it wouldn't take long for him to get there. he hoped. If his family ever knew he left at least they wouldn't be able to go after him, no mortal could ever be able to enter the camp. he didn't understand why the other ones before him let this happen and never went to the camp.

"camp illusion" was the name of the place, Eros and Psyche had made the camp many years ago, he heard that they would come from to time to teach some of the Demi-gods something. He didn't know what though, he hoped that it would maybe be something with singing, he was terrible at it.

He could see something in the distance, he didn't really see anyone but he was still far away a bit but maybe they were all in the cabins. "illus" was the only part he could see of the sign but he still knew that it was the camp. He wondered how many Demi-god's were there and how many he would meet there.

He got closer and closer when he then started to hear something...above him? could some of them fly? maybe it was that. "move outta the way!" he heard someone call out from above, was that a rainbow??

he jumped back just in time for the rainbow to fully form and two girl's come down from it. "woah woah who are you??" he asked the girls, were they what he had heard?

The girl with the wings and brown hair stepped forward as she made the rainbow disappear as she kind of bowed. "my name is Harmony, daughter of Iris." she introduced herself. wow, she was really formal.

Iris...? iris....goddess of rainbows! that makes sense with the rainbow now. Arren thought. He looked towards the camp again and still didn't see anyone, the others must be in their cabins, but why were these two out here on a rainbow?

he stepped forward as he bowed back and then said "My name is Arren, son of Apollo" he hoped that this was what he was supposed to do. This was his first time actually meeting other demi-god's and wasn't sure how he was supposed to act with them. maybe they all felt the same way.

The other girl had black hair and green eyes with...wolf ears and a tail? Arren didn't know any Greek gods or Goddesses that looked like that. she wasn't as formal as she just waved at him "My name is Lia, Daughter of Lupa, roman Goddess of wolves."

"Roman?? i thought the camp was only for Greek!" he didn't have a problem with roman Gods or goddesses but he thought the camp's were only for Greek demi-gods. Wasn't there maybe another camp only for roman Demi-gods?

"Nope, along with Eros and Psyche there was a roman goddess that helped make the camp...but i don't remember who" Harmony said with a small laugh.

"so are you new to the camp? you wouldn't come here if you were a mortal." Lia then asked him. it had been a while since the last new demi-god came to the camp. she knew he was the son of apollo but she was just telling him.

"uh..yeah i am...i kinda ran away from my home to get here..." he coughed awkwardly, wanting to change the subject. He wasn't sure if either of them wanted to hear this story, they probably came here in different way than him.

"its fine, i kinda did to.." Lia then told him with a small smile.

Harmony flew up spreading her wings and began to fly through the camp, feeling the wind through her wings. "oh! uh come with us we can show you around" Lia grabbed Arren's hand and ran into the camp going after harmony. She was always so fast when she would fly, she wasn't that fast though when running.

"sometime's i wish that i could fly" Lia said with a small laugh as the two of them followed her. Arren wanted that to, it would have saved him a while to get to the camp but unluckily for him Apollo didn't have wings. maybe he could find some of those winged sandals though.

"so how long have you both been here?" He asked as Harmony shows him some of the Cabins. they both seemed to know where everything was at so he assumed they've been here for a really long time.

"i've been here for for six months, Harmony has been here for i think four weeks"

Arren wondered how long he would stay there for, he didn't want to go back to his mortal family. They were kind of boring and never did that much. His little sister's were twins and seven years old all they ever did was play with dolls. His mother was a stay at home worker but she was busy either way.

"do you wanna stay with us in our cabin? it's not that far from here." Harmony asked as she flew down to the two of them. Even if she didn't have to, she almost always flew. it was one of the best feelings in the world.

Arren nodded, he already knew the two of them so he'd rather stay with them then some other demi-gods he doesn't know. He'd get to know these two better anyway if he was with them in the cabin.

After just 2 minutes they reach a Cabin and enter there's four bed's which are bunk beds, they have signs on them that show who stays there. four? "whos the other demi-god...?"

"oh that belongs to Adi, she's the daughter of Aphrodite don't worry though she's not that much like her mother shes really fun" Lia told him with a smile. out of Lia, harmony and Adi she had been the longest to be there in the group. She'd been there for maybe two years.

The three of them began to talk for three hours, getting to know each other better. Harmony was 16 and so was Lia while Arren was 15. Lia had also ran away from her family but it was because her family hated the Roman and Greek gods especially the demi-gods.

"Do you think we'll ever meet our parent's?" Arren then asked as the other two looked down. they all wanted to meet their parent's but there wasn't really a chance that any of them would, they just had to hope for the best.

"come with us Arren, lets go have some fun" Harmony said with a small laugh as she stretches her wings, it must be a place that the two of them along with Adi would hang out with.

They all reached a building that was a bit far from the cabin but it was still in the camp. "no one ever really comes to this thing but it's still fun to do it" Lia told him as they entered.

He decides to just roll with this even if he asked why, he wasn't so sure that Either of them knew why either. He was just glad to not be alone here.

The three of them began to talk about a few gods, when then suddenly the building began to shake. was this an earthquake? whatever it was it was bad...real bad.

"u-um don't worry i'm sure it's-" Lia stopped when suddenly some of the roof nearby and the wall fell. the building was collapsing!

"oh no come on we gotta go!" Lia grabs his hand again as the three of them began to run out of the building. why was this happening? it seemed fine a few days ago!

The building was to small for harmony to fly out so she just had to run, until crashing was heard and a small scream. Some of the fallen roof and wall had fallen on top of Harmony and one of her wings, she was unable to get out.

Arren and Lia made it out of the building together just in time to realize Harmony was stuck in there. they watched as all of the building collapsed.

August 28, 2020 15:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

211 comments

17:33 Aug 28, 2020

Fantastic story! I found a few grammar errors and spelling errors but other then I really enjoyed it! There are also a few places where I would start a new paragraph and not just continue but over all I thought it was awesome! Great job!!

Reply

17:34 Aug 28, 2020

(Sorry if I was too hard!)

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
17:46 Aug 28, 2020

I'm glad you enjoyed it still ^^ i know i need to try and use Grammarly with the errors and all that but i keep forgetting to, i went onto it a while ago but then just forgot to use it. There will probably be a part 3 as well for it at some other point ^^ so did you maybe have a favorite part to it or anything like that and what did you think of the ending?

Reply

17:59 Aug 28, 2020

The ending was definitely a cliff hanger! I hope you do make a part 3 soon so I can find out what happens! And when Arron said ¨Iris...? iris....goddess of rainbows! that makes sense with the rainbow now.¨ I was like oh yeah! That does make sense! I didn't realize the connection.

Reply

B. W.
18:31 Aug 28, 2020

Don't worry there WILL be a part 3 but i think it can only be once the other new prompt comes out since these new ones came out, i'm not sure if i'd be able to do a part 3 with any of the other ones, i could maybe try though. Yeah harmony is still here from the first part and its not a different one if thats what you had thought until he said it

Reply

18:53 Aug 28, 2020

Ok! I have a few ideas of things you could do for Part 3 with these prompts. Let me know if you would like me to tell you!

Reply

B. W.
19:11 Aug 28, 2020

Yes please do, i'd like to hear the ideas because at the moment i don't fully have any ideas or good ideas for a part 3 of this

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
16:08 Aug 28, 2020

Awesome job! I love the named! Wait...Aerin...Arren...is this some kind of nod to me?! 😆 Keep writing!

Reply

B. W.
16:16 Aug 28, 2020

Thank's im glad you enjoyed this story ^^ maybe it is, maybe it isn't :) there's probably gonna be another story later today or really soon so ill still tell you about it when it comes out. Did you maybe have a favorite part to the story or a favorite character out of the three in this story?

Reply

17:38 Aug 28, 2020

😐

Reply

B. W.
17:42 Aug 28, 2020

?

Reply

17:43 Aug 28, 2020

Nope, no particular fav parts! Idk that’s just how I conveyed it...😐 nope, nothin’!

Reply

B. W.
17:46 Aug 28, 2020

oh alright i thought something was wrong

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
06:07 Dec 22, 2020

Great sequel to your god/goddess story! The interactions of the characters were very realistic, and I loved how you introduced Harmony into the story, with a rainbow. Also, I like now the narrator of this part, Arren, is in some ways like the narrator of part one, Indigo. They are both unfamiliar with how to interact with/raise demigod children. The character building was great. Last, the ending was absolutely amazing, such a cliffhanger!!!

Reply

B. W.
06:11 Dec 22, 2020

Thanks, im glad that ya liked it ^^ what did ya think of Lia as well?

Reply

Maya -
06:15 Dec 22, 2020

Lia was a great addition to the story, especially since she has been at the camp longer and probably knows her way around. Also, It's so cool she is the daughter of the goddess of wolves!!! I'm going to read the rest of the parts tomorrow because where I live it's pretty late right now so I should probably log of my computer. I'm looking forward to finishing the series! :)

Reply

B. W.
06:16 Dec 22, 2020

I've always actually really loved wolves and some other animals, so when I found out there was a goddess of wolves, I decided to make a demi-god child from her and stuff.

Reply

Maya -
06:17 Dec 22, 2020

Wolves are really cool! I love any wild animals or just any animals. Bye! :)

Reply

B. W.
06:20 Dec 22, 2020

Night ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Yay! I love the story! It's so good! Especially the link with Greek mythology! I love the cliffhanger! Awesome! ~SS

Reply

B. W.
13:10 Sep 30, 2020

Thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part?

Reply

Definitely, this one: "Arren and Lia made it out of the building together just in time to realize Harmony was stuck in there. they watched as all of the building collapsed." because it' so sad and the major part I guess... love it though! Great job!

Reply

B. W.
03:50 Oct 01, 2020

Thank's i'm glad ya liked that part and the story in general ^^ i've always really loved Greek mythology along with a few others. I have some books with them. There's a few stories left that i'm not sure you've checked out so maybe you could go see "Not his fault" and "getting her back" and leave more feedback?

Reply

You're welcome and of course! I'd love to check some new stories out!

Reply

B. W.
23:12 Oct 01, 2020

Thank's ^^ i'm excited to see what ya think for those ones :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:40 Sep 23, 2020

I loved the way you incorporated new demi-gods! AMAZING job!!

Reply

B. W.
18:40 Sep 23, 2020

what did you think about the ending?

Reply

18:41 Sep 23, 2020

The cliffhanger was so good!

Reply

B. W.
18:44 Sep 23, 2020

i keep adding some cliff hangers in this one so i'm glad ya like em ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lulu Lemon
18:36 Sep 02, 2020

Great story! I really liked it.

Reply

B. W.
18:36 Sep 02, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it :) did you have a favorite part or character?

Reply

Lulu Lemon
18:38 Sep 02, 2020

I really liked Harmony and Lia. And probably when they arrived on the rainbow.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lulu Lemon
18:37 Sep 02, 2020

(And if you don't use the things that Blair Lemon gave you do you think I could? They are really good)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
07:46 Jan 21, 2021

I love the fact that there are Demi gods from other mythologies and you destroyed my 'notion' that the 2nd parts don't shine much, this story dazzles. And yes, when you take in the prompt it is a bit confusing but who cares? (I would actually like to know).

Reply

B. W.
09:08 Jan 21, 2021

Well in the original series before I made the spin off, its mostly just Greek and Roman. Though with the spin off, one of the characters is a egyptian demi-god so there'll be more of those, along with some norse characters. Though I'm glad you liked that and all the other stuff, your still checking out the rest of the parts, right?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
07:45 Jan 21, 2021

I love the fact that there are Demi gods from other mythologies and you destroyed my 'notion' that the 2nd parts don't shine much, this story dazzles. And yes, when you take in the prompt it is a bit confusing but who cares? (I would actually like to know).

Reply

Show 0 replies
21:14 Aug 31, 2020

AH! NO! Worst. Cliffhanger. Ever. For the reader, anyway. Now I have to wait for the third part! For you, that is some awesome writing skills! All of your characters were realistic, and the storyline was very creative. I also really enjoyed how in the first part you had it surrounding Harmony, and this part you have it surrounding Arren. That was super nice. The only thing I would recommend you work on is grammatical/punctuation/capitalization errors. Grammarly could help with that if it is available to you. Keep writing and stay healthy, ...

Reply

B. W.
21:18 Aug 31, 2020

I'm glad you liked the story ^^ i've actually been wanting to do that kind of cliff-hanger in a story for a while. Yeah each part will surround a different character almost each time and not the same one. oh and uh brooke, you don't have to wait for part 3 because its already been out for a while and another part as well that isnt really the fourth part but is still something for it. "Not his fault" and "Her arrival" are the names of them if you wanna go and give them a read and tell me what you think. i finished both of those two a couple o...

Reply

21:23 Aug 31, 2020

It's my pleasure! Oh, my gosh! I have been so inactive that I didn't even realize it. I will definitely read part 3 and part 4 soon!

Reply

B. W.
21:27 Aug 31, 2020

Its alright, i was gonna say that a little bit after i told you about part 2 being done i ended up working on Part 3 and i guess part 4 i don't really consider it much of part 4 just a small thing before it actually happens and then finished them the day the new prompt came out. but its still alright i get that you probably don't stay on here that much or you've been busy but i'm still excited to see you read them and see what ya think, but still take your time with whatever your doing ^^

Reply

21:36 Aug 31, 2020

I may be busy, but I always have time to read others' stories if they ask. :D I will read them by tomorrow for sure!

Reply

B. W.
21:37 Aug 31, 2020

Alright thank you ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Itay Frenkel
01:17 Aug 29, 2020

This was a really fun read B.W! I liked how you created a similar backstory for Lia and Arren, it created a chemistry between the characters, made me believe that they’ll be able to work together to save Harmony from the collapsed building. There were some grammar mistakes, but that’s an easy fix. Also, near the beginning Arren can only see ‘illus’ on a sign that says ‘illusion’, which didn’t make sense to me. That being said, this was great, I’m dying to know what happens next!

Reply

B. W.
03:30 Aug 30, 2020

Hey Itay its not really part 4 but i made another thing go check out "Her arrival" and tell me what you think ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lynn Penny
19:39 Aug 28, 2020

I loved the second part, meeting more of the kids was a fun experience. I can really see this going places, keep the good work up!

Reply

B. W.
19:42 Aug 28, 2020

Thank's im glad you enjoyed this part as well :) part 3 might come out later today or tomorrow just know that itll still come out real soon ^^ Besides Arren and Lia there may be Abi who was only mentioned in this part making her appear in the next one and maybe yet another one as well ^^ what did you think of the cliff-hanger and did you maybe have a favorite part to the story?

Reply

Lynn Penny
23:40 Aug 28, 2020

I like the mention of Eros and Psyche, I love that myth. I think you did an awesome job with the cliffhanger. I believe it’s going to work for the type of story you are writing.

Reply

B. W.
23:46 Aug 28, 2020

Hey, guess what :) i just finished with part 3 of the story so if you want to then go check it out ^^ i'd like to see what you have to say for this one. "not his fault" is the name

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
19:37 Aug 28, 2020

I'm glad this came out so soon, I was getting impatient to read part 2. Loved the cliffhanger and the new characters. Keep up the good work!

Reply

B. W.
19:40 Aug 28, 2020

Thanks, i knew you would like it ^^ part 3 might honestly come out in another few hours or so or that might be the other part to Legend of Evie, either way when part 3 comes out i'll be sure to still tell you about it :) i know ya probably liked a lot of the stuff but did you ever have a favorite part to the story or a favorite out of the three? the cliff-hanger is something i've been planning on doing for a while in one of my stories so i decided with this story to have one.

Reply

Kate Ulrich
19:50 Aug 28, 2020

Hm... my favorite part would probably be the cliffhanger. I definitely didn't see it coming. My favorite character was Harmony, because Iris is one of my favorite Greek goddesses and it was cool to see her daughter in your stories. I'm excited for part 3! Can't wait to read it.

Reply

B. W.
23:50 Aug 28, 2020

kate oh gosh, i didn't think i'd do it today but i did it. i finished part 3 of it a couple minutes ago so go check it out ^^ "Not his fault" is the name of it and i'd love to see what you say

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Artemisia Pearl
18:30 Aug 28, 2020

Oh my goodness! It's even better than the first one! The only peice of advice that I would give you is use more capitalization with pronouns and use punctuation, but overall, the plot of the story was amazing!

Reply

B. W.
18:35 Aug 28, 2020

Im glad you liked this story, i know i have to work on some of that stuff so maybe i should still try to use Grammarly at some point then. So what did you think of the ending to it?

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
23:54 Aug 28, 2020

part 3 is out ^^ i'd like to see what ya have to say :) "not his fault'

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Maya W.
17:53 Aug 28, 2020

Nice job! There were a handful of grammar errors and such, but it didn't take away too much from the story. Overall, I really enjoyed it.

Reply

B. W.
18:29 Aug 28, 2020

Thank's im glad you enjoyed it, i know i have to try and use Grammarly or something next time. what did you think of the ending?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
17:32 Aug 28, 2020

Great job!!

Reply

B. W.
17:47 Aug 28, 2020

Thank's im glad you enjoyed the story ^^ what did you think about the ending?

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
23:54 Aug 28, 2020

part 3 is out if ya wanna give it a read ^^ "not his fault"

Reply

21:19 Aug 30, 2020

Ok!

Reply

B. W.
21:24 Aug 30, 2020

great ^^ can't wait to see what ya think

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Anii ✨
12:17 Oct 19, 2020

This was a really cool story, and I really liked it. The only thing you may want to fix for future stories is that the point of view is kind of confusing. Is it omniscient, or third-person limited? Because I feel like it's kinda confusing, but that's probably just my fault. Anyway, the cliffhanger was done perfectly. I was left wanting to know what happened to the characters, so I think you did a good job on that. Also, I really enjoyed the characters. It's cool how they actually look different from other people and maybe they have to wo...

Reply

B. W.
14:24 Oct 19, 2020

Thanks, i'm glad that you liked the story ^^ i had been wanting to do a cliff hanger in one of my stories for a while now, so i had decided to finally do it in this one. Did you possibly have a favorite character or part in the story?

Reply

Anii ✨
18:55 Oct 19, 2020

My favorite part was probably when Arren meets the others. My favorite character, I guess, would be Harmony. Hehe.

Reply

B. W.
18:57 Oct 19, 2020

wait, did you ever check out the first part? I don't remember if you ever did

Reply

Anii ✨
19:48 Oct 19, 2020

I did check it out. ;)

Reply

B. W.
19:49 Oct 19, 2020

alright good ^^ the next part whenever you decide to check it out is "Not his fault"

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Leslie Phare
01:40 Oct 01, 2020

This goes great with the other story, you should really develop this more and take it into novel territory. You can take your time more with the descriptions, which you really have a gift for, and build more with that imagery. I'm really interested to see where you go with this! And I love cliffhangers :)

Reply

B. W.
01:58 Oct 01, 2020

Actually i AM planning on turning this stuff into a novel, though i haven't started to work on it yet. There's still some more parts to them if ya wanna check out "Not his fault" and "getting her back" and leave some more feedback? did ya maybe have a favorite part or was that the cliff hanger?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
02:55 Sep 26, 2020

okay, here's my feedback for this one. 1. in the 1st paragraph, it's others, not other's. 2. You forgot to capitalize a few things. 3. you changed from past tense to present tense from the 1st to the 2nd paragraph, also in the 2nd paragraph, you said sleeper's instead of sleepers. 4. "He had to get to camp; who knew, maybe he'd meet his father there." 5. Where you have a comma in the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph, it should be a period. 6. you had a lot of really long sentences which made it a bit confusing. Try to ma...

Reply

B. W.
02:57 Sep 26, 2020

I'm glad ya pointed out the errors at least but it's still too late for me to go and change it, but thank you ^^ I can work with the Long sentences though on my other new stories whenever i make them and the Grammar stuff because i'm always terrible with this stuff. I'm gonna try to use Grammarly or really anything else to help me with. Though i'm still glad that you at least liked this ^^

Reply

03:20 Sep 26, 2020

Oh yes, definitely liked it..your stories always have great topics..all you have to perfect is these small grammatical errors, and then you're fine.

Reply

B. W.
03:44 Sep 26, 2020

Thank you ^^ yeah i'll keep trying to work with that stuff

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:48 Sep 24, 2020

I love how you ended the story! That dramatic moment makes me want to read more! Again, a few capitalisation errors, but really nice!

Reply

B. W.
02:51 Sep 24, 2020

Yep ^^ i did a lot of cliff hangers in this tbh but i'm glad you liked it. did ya have a favorite part and what did you think of Arren and Lia?

Reply

02:59 Sep 24, 2020

I loved their personalities! Arren definitely reminds me of me in some situations!

Reply

B. W.
03:01 Sep 24, 2020

thanks ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jade Young
19:27 Sep 10, 2020

I was not expecting that ending at all! I'm lowkey hoping this is a cliffhanger rather than a finite ending. But other than a couple of grammatical errors, this was a well written spin on Greek mythology, and you can tell that you're a fan of the PJ series ;) That being said, I love how Romans and Greeks are united instead of in two separate camps. It's very end-of-blood-of-olympus-esque and I'm all for it!

Reply

B. W.
19:30 Sep 10, 2020

Yes this is just a cliff hanger ^^ you could check out "Not his fault" and "getting her back" which are the next parts if ya want and to still give feedback. I can't go and edit it now though but thanks for reminding me about the errors, i guess i forgot to edit. I was also planning on other Ones Besides Romans and Greeks but i don't know other ones that well to be honest.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.