837 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

Zio sat across from me on an old couch nearby, which I'm surprised was even still standing and hadn't collapsed yet. Why do I even keep that? "You and me? You're saying we're siblings?"

My "brother" nodded at the question and then spoke, "Yes, I've been trying to find one of my siblings for the past couple of days. Now that I managed to-"

I put one of my fingers up to shush him while staying where I was (No way am I gonna go near or touch my so-called "brother") and then proceeded to ask, "Hold on. Why have you been looking for one of your siblings?"

"Well, I was honestly hoping that we could-"

"You planning on trying to kill me or one of the others when you have our trust??"

While I wasn't looking in his direction anymore, I managed to hear what was probably him falling off of the couch. "Huh?...no no of course not! I'd never try to do any of that, I promise."

There were light footsteps after he said that (I honestly thought it was just the old floorboards creaking at first.) as a cold and light hand was set on my shoulder. "Now, if you would please just let me explain and-"

"Don't. Touch. Me." I quickly slapped his hand away from my shoulder, then backed up a little bit. What does he think he's doing? Also, why was his hand so cold?

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry I didn't..."

"Whatever. You can still explain whatever it is you wanted to explain, but just don't touch me."

He put himself back onto the couch and patted the other side of it like he wanted me to come and sit down. It's not that close to him, fine...though he better not try anything.

It didn't take long for him to start explaining after that, I swear he could explain for over twenty-four hours if nobody stopped him. I didn't care that much though, so I was zoning out a lot.

"...And I was thinking that if me and some of my siblings went together, we'd have a little chat with our father and maybe stop him? All of the children of Zeus get treated like they're just like him, I hate it."

Alright, he's probably crazy. Going and trying to take on your father, who is one of the most powerful gods, what could go wrong? This idea in general is a bit crazy...I like that.

I'm not sure how long I was zoning out for again, though he was still going. "...Well, that's all that's happened to me when others figured out who I was the child of...has anything happened to you?"

Even though the last part was in a mumble, I managed to hear him say, "Wait no, why did I ask that?! That was stupid. Who would want to talk about it?" he had probably said some more, but I didn't care or manage to hear the rest.

"I...I don't want to talk about it."

"Did I-"

"Shut it. Though you really want to go and do and do that?"

He nodded a little bit and then asked, "Yes, it would be for all the children of Zeus! I'm sure you must have thought about doing it sometimes, so what do you say?"

"...Sure...let's do it."

***

I think it's been about twenty minutes since I've been walking through the forest, though I had a little feeling that I'd find someone soon.

Luckily Lia or none of the others had decided to come with me, what if they got hurt? Or what if they got killed? Who knows what Zeus would do to them, wait actually...

"Hah! Finally!"

Without much thinking after hearing the voice, I started to head towards it. Maybe it would be someone I was looking for? Or maybe it was someone that could help me find someone I was looking for.

After going through a couple of large trees, I finally spotted someone. There was a girl standing in the center, a tree was on its side in front of her. Was she the one I was looking for?

Wait a minute...was that tree struck by lightning? Huh, could she have done that...?

"Wow..."

"Huh? Who's there?!"

***

"Hey, I didn't actually get your name yet."

"My name? It's Zinaida."

He had this certain look on his face (I think I know what he was thinking when he heard that...) as he then started to ask, "Wait a minute, doesn't that mean of Z..."

"Yeah yeah I know, now shush."

It was probably about an hour of silence between the two of us (at least that's what it felt like to me though, it could have been a few minutes.) while he awkwardly coughed.

"So, what do you usually like to do?" we had asked in unison.

"Ah jeez, I've never really done that much stuff. I just hang out with my friends and wife when I can, what about you?"

"Train."

He got off of the couch and began to pace around me, or at least that's what I think he was doing. "What else do you do?"

"Nothing, I just train."

"Wait, are you serious?"

"Why would I be lying?"

He sighed and sat back next to me, he was a bit closer but luckily he still wasn't touching me or anything. "You know what? I'm going to make sure you relax, you're not gonna train for a while. It's quite nice to just have some fun..."

"But what about the whole thing we just talked about? Going to see our father and try to stop him? Shouldn't we be training instead? You definitely need to..."

"Listen, you'd still need to be feeling well and rested when we eventually do it. You might just push yourself or something if you always do this."

"But-"

"How about this? If you relax and just have some fun with me for a while, you can help me train if you want, or just really anything you'd wanna do. Your probably correct about me needing to do this anyway..."

"Fine..."

"Good, now come with me, please. I have the perfect idea on what we could do first."

January 26, 2021 08:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

837 comments

Coco Longstaff
04:40 Feb 14, 2021

Hey Hope! You said or wrote, you need advice?

Reply

B. W.
17:00 Feb 14, 2021

Yeah I really do, I've been wanting to write a story again for a while but I just haven't been able to do and I don't know what to do. I think I have Writers Block or something.

Reply

Coco Longstaff
21:44 Feb 14, 2021

Ok, is it that you have thought of the story already but you still cant write or that you have looked at the prompts but just ignored them. Or something else?

Reply

B. W.
02:10 Feb 15, 2021

I already have ideas for a lot of my series, but I just can't write and I don't think the prompts are that good.

Reply

Coco Longstaff
07:01 Feb 15, 2021

Huh. Ok, so then if you haven’t already, you should take this quiz! https://www.tryinteract.com/quiz/how-bad-is-your-writer-s-block/ And.......... https://thesongfoundry.com/beat-writers-block/ OK, the problem with prompts thing makes sense. Do you not write and become really anxious or concerned about it?

Reply

B. W.
16:45 Feb 15, 2021

I don't really know, its also just been quite a while since I've even written anything and I just want to write again. Though I don't think I get anxious or concerned over any of it.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Coco Longstaff
00:15 Feb 14, 2021

Hey BW! Do you wanna do my Valentine’s Day quiz? https://forms.gle/CcRYVsWpuhBW2uu76

Reply

B. W.
02:04 Feb 14, 2021

Yeah sure why not, and how have you been?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
04:12 Feb 13, 2021

New thread? And I'd love to help!

Reply

B. W.
06:53 Feb 13, 2021

Yeah sure, and theres kind of another problem I've had for a little while. I think I might have writers block and I have no idea what to do.

Reply

02:46 Feb 14, 2021

My best tip for writers block (that I've found helpful) is to take a break from writer, and go do something else. A lot of the time my ideas come from just being with friends, listening to music, etc

Reply

B. W.
03:29 Feb 14, 2021

What's some good music to listen to? Any ideas?

Reply

04:23 Feb 15, 2021

Mm what's your style of music? (Lofi, Hip Hop, Pop, etc)

Reply

B. W.
05:50 Feb 15, 2021

I'm not really sure if im being honest, though I at least know that I sorta listen to sad music like 99% of the time :/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
23:11 Jan 26, 2021

Oh, wow! I really loved the siblings' interactions :) I'm going to guess Zinaida doesn't like being touched because 1, she doesn't trust Zio, or 2, she has some kind of past trauma. In the next part, I'd love to see little arguments and cute moments between the two siblings!~~

Reply

B. W.
23:41 Jan 26, 2021

Your kind of right with the 2nd option, though there's a lot more reasons to why she doesn't wanna be touched. It might be in another part, but I'm not sure. And I'm glad that you liked it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

Laiba M
00:33 Jan 27, 2021

Ah, okay~ :D Of course! I liked the part where they were talking and when Zinaida got mad at Zio for touching her, as that sparks curiosity in readers about the reason behind it~~

Reply

B. W.
02:45 Jan 27, 2021

Is there anything that you'd wanna see happen in the next part? Either with Zio and his sister, or Cleo and the others.

Reply

Laiba M
02:58 Jan 27, 2021

I said that in my original comment :) I said, "In the next part, I'd love to see little arguments and cute moments between the two siblings!~~" :D Hmm, which series are you planning to post a chapter of next?

Reply

B. W.
04:21 Jan 27, 2021

I'm not really sure, maybe the Otherworldly Repairs series if there's a good enough prompt. I think the demi-god spin off might be my main series at the moment though.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Izzie Q.
03:16 Mar 02, 2021

hey hey heyyyy! Guess who finished the first part of the collab! This girl!! Ok, so, I just posted it and please go tell me what you think! if theres anything you want to change or have questions about, I can easily edit the story!!

Reply

B. W.
04:40 Mar 02, 2021

Oh wow, that was really fast. I'll go check it out and tell you all that stuff, then I'll try my best with my part ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
19:02 Feb 28, 2021

Hi!!! How are you? What do you think of the prompts?

Reply

B. W.
19:40 Feb 28, 2021

I guess I'm doing fine and i actually really like the prompts, what about you?

Reply

Laiba M
23:20 Feb 28, 2021

That's good! If you do decide to write something new this week, I can't wait~ I like them a lot too! Why just doing fine? :) Did anything happen?

Reply

B. W.
00:20 Mar 01, 2021

I honestly really wanna try to do about three of them, one of the main ones is the water god/spirit. And no nothing really happened, 'doing fine' is just how I almost always feel like.

Reply

Laiba M
02:05 Mar 01, 2021

Yeah, I knew that'd be in your lane and thought of you when I saw it!~ Ohh, okay! Just making sure. I hope I can hear a "good" or "great" from you someday!! :D

Reply

B. W.
02:33 Mar 01, 2021

The problem is though that I don't really know any Water Gods/Goddesses, there IS Poseidon but I don't really wanna focus on him or anything because he's not important in my thing, and there's not even a character whos the child of him.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Izzie Q.
03:20 Feb 27, 2021

hey friend!! just got two more new stories out, feel free to review and let me know what you think!! i really value your opinion, you are so supportive!

Reply

B. W.
03:32 Feb 27, 2021

Woah, how in the world did you manage to get three stories out that quickly? I'll try to check out the last two out when I can.

Reply

Izzie Q.
05:04 Feb 27, 2021

i was really inspired by the prompts ig!! I already had a few ideas stirring anyway ahah and theres no rush!! im soooo excited to collab, it will be my first time!

Reply

B. W.
05:48 Feb 27, 2021

I've done a few collabs with some other friends before, and they are always fun to do ^^

Reply

Izzie Q.
17:46 Feb 27, 2021

cool! You're the pro then :D

Reply

B. W.
22:06 Feb 27, 2021

So have you seen that little preview for the next episode yet?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:36 Feb 25, 2021

Hey B! How's your writer's block?

Reply

B. W.
23:01 Feb 25, 2021

Eh, I still kind of have it at the moment :/ The only thing I've managed to think of doing for a story is doing it in second person, but nothing else.

Reply

23:04 Feb 25, 2021

Ahh ok. Maybe the new prompts will give you ideas? What do you think they'll be?

Reply

B. W.
23:40 Feb 25, 2021

I'm not really sure, I just hope that they aren't like "Say/do this at the beginning of the story and say/do this at the end of the story" I've never liked those ones.

Reply

23:49 Feb 25, 2021

Yea, I like the ones that are open ended. Like: "Write a story about the character who has to complete a difficult task" just a matter of what you want the story to be about

Reply

B. W.
01:41 Feb 26, 2021

Have you ever written a story in second person before? I've only done it once a while ago, but I feel like it was bad.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Do you know that Heph (forgot how to spell his name god of tool/building.) Captured Hera?

Reply

B. W.
04:07 Feb 25, 2021

No I actually didn't, though thats a bit interesting. I've never really looked into any Hera stuff in Greek Mythology.

Reply

Isn't Greek Mythology the same as Greek?

Reply

B. W.
16:53 Feb 25, 2021

Do you know any other Hera stuff?

Reply

Or maybe she was just plain mad.

Reply

B. W.
19:04 Feb 25, 2021

Hm maybe, so how are you?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Izzie Q.
03:53 Feb 22, 2021

Hi again!! Your work is amazing, we should totally chat more!! I'm Izzie and if you read my bio you'll learn that I JUST got back onto reedsy after more than 5 months!! A lot has changed since then and I was so so happy to see you posting! What time can I usually catch you on here?

Reply

B. W.
06:53 Feb 22, 2021

Thanks so much, and yeah we could probably talk some more ^^ I want to write some more stories but I haven't been able to do that for a little while, mostly because i have writers block right now. And I'm on here a lot, I never really have anything better to do and this is fun.

Reply

Izzie Q.
17:21 Feb 22, 2021

yeah!! so, wow, your writing is great!! wanna exchange random questions? i'm in math rn and it's not going anywhere T-T

Reply

B. W.
18:42 Feb 22, 2021

sure, whats one of your favorite shows or movies?

Reply

Izzie Q.
20:16 Feb 22, 2021

Hmmm well, I really like umbrella academy, which is a new passion!! I also finished stranger things a while ago which is fun but I really really like watching Hazbin Hotel off of youtube! Have you ever seen it? Not too many of my friends have but i think a couple of them know about it!! I'm a HUGE mythology girl and love anything involving it! Percy Jackson was what my 4th grader mind was obsessed with back then hahah wbu??

Reply

B. W.
22:10 Feb 22, 2021

Oh. My. Gosh. I haven't found anyone on here yet and I really only have one friend irl who watches and is a fan of Hazbin Hotel and Helluva boss, but now I just found you. I love both of the shows ^^

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Izzie Q.
05:04 Feb 21, 2021

hi!! ahh your writing is amazing and this community is so so lucky to have you!

Reply

B. W.
16:38 Feb 21, 2021

Aw really? Thank you ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maya -
02:33 Feb 18, 2021

Hi :) How are you?

Reply

B. W.
03:00 Feb 18, 2021

I guess I'm fine, what about you?

Reply

Maya -
03:08 Feb 18, 2021

That's good! I'm busy but good. :) Have you had any ideas for this week's prompts?

Reply

B. W.
03:23 Feb 18, 2021

Not really and I haven't done any stories lately for a bit, I kind of have Writers Block at the moment.

Reply

Maya -
03:37 Feb 18, 2021

Oh no. Anything I can do to help?

Reply

B. W.
04:23 Feb 18, 2021

Well do you maybe have any advice?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Creed .
19:41 Feb 17, 2021

so, I heard you are bored, or are you not anymore? I'm Bucky, as you can see and I.. Oof! sorry, I'm in the middle of fighting Klaw. He's- crash! -gone a little crazy, as usual.... anyways, with that taken care of, what do you want to talk about?

Reply

B. W.
21:36 Feb 17, 2021

Yeah, I'm actually still pretty bored and I don't really mind what we talk about. Uh, ya got any favorite songs?

Reply

Creed .
23:19 Feb 17, 2021

All the Twenty One Pilot songs. Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi, that one is definitely sad. I don't know, I listen to so many songs, I have so many favorites.

Reply

B. W.
23:33 Feb 17, 2021

I've always loved a lot of sad songs for some reason as well, I kind of have a play-list of them. A few of them are "Hold on" "Let You Down" and "Before you go"

Reply

Creed .
23:37 Feb 17, 2021

Is Before you go by Lewis Capaldi? And Let you down by NF?

Reply

B. W.
01:43 Feb 18, 2021

Yeah they are, so do you have any favorite movies or something?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:03 Feb 16, 2021

Hi! I haven't heard from you in a while. You ok? :)

Reply

B. W.
23:08 Feb 16, 2021

Yeah I guess I'm fine, though I'm also just really bored and tired :/

Reply

19:07 Feb 17, 2021

That's ok. Winter and pandemics do that to you.

Reply

B. W.
19:28 Feb 17, 2021

Do you have any suggestions on what i should do?

Reply

20:18 Feb 17, 2021

Maybe a girl finds a dragon egg and has to hide from her parents who work for the government?

Reply

B. W.
21:39 Feb 17, 2021

Uh, have you read my 'dragon watcher' series? or whatever i called it :/ I already have a dragon thing going on, so any other ideas?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Heyyyy! You said u like talking/seeing that yellow dot on the bell, so, here I am :D Random question for you, do you like cheese?

Reply

B. W.
02:03 Feb 14, 2021

Yep I really do like cheese, what about you? and thanks for coming ^^

Reply

YESSSS! I like melted cheese with pizza-oooh, or fries...Aww, I'm craving fries now...Wb u?

Reply

B. W.
17:01 Feb 14, 2021

I like a lot of the stuff, like the cubed cheese as well. What's one of your favorite movies?

Reply

Cubed cheese are the bestttt! *cheffs kiss* My favorite movies...Hmm...Harry Potter, Starwars, Movies by marval, wb u? Also, random question but whats the strangest thing in your fridge?

Reply

B. W.
02:07 Feb 15, 2021

I have no idea with that last part and I do have a lot of favorite movies, though it might just be a lot of movies that have Robin Williams in it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya W.
03:41 Feb 11, 2021

Hi B, my book is out! https://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Threads-Saffron-Leaves-Story-ebook/dp/B08W4NGT9J/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=of+crimson+threads+and+saffron+leaves+book&qid=1612796855&sr=8-2

Reply

B. W.
06:45 Feb 11, 2021

Congrats ^^ I don't think you ever told me that you wrote a book though or were writing one, what is it about though? I might try to get it at some point if i can.

Reply

Maya W.
13:58 Feb 11, 2021

We had a conversation about it once, I think. It's a mythology short story collection.

Reply

B. W.
17:04 Feb 11, 2021

Greek Mythology or some other mythology?

Reply

Maya W.
20:06 Feb 11, 2021

All mythology!

Reply

B. W.
01:22 Feb 12, 2021

Nice ^^ I'll try to get it, also how have you been?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Danny -
23:11 Feb 01, 2021

New thread? The other one was getting long.. Hmm, random questions..... Have you ever gotten chased by a dog? (Yeah sorry, can think of anything else..)

Reply

B. W.
05:12 Feb 02, 2021

No I don't think I have, though have you?

Reply

Danny -
05:20 Feb 02, 2021

I thought I was the one getting chased, but really, it was my sister...I still fell and scraped my knee :(( Hmm.....what now? lol :p

Reply

B. W.
15:58 Feb 02, 2021

Whats one of your favorite video games?

Reply

Danny -
00:54 Feb 03, 2021

Hmm, I don't play video games much....do you?

Reply

B. W.
04:16 Feb 03, 2021

I have a ton of video games and I like a lot of em, I'm not sure which is my favorite though. Do ya like Summer?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:25 Feb 01, 2021

Ello! I got a free period rn so I just wanted to ask how you've been! :P

Reply

B. W.
20:53 Feb 01, 2021

Eh, half and half :/ I still haven't been able to relax and I'm just a bit stressed, how about you?

Reply

21:31 Feb 01, 2021

Eh, decent.

Reply

B. W.
05:10 Feb 02, 2021

Do ya have a favorite villain song?

Reply

05:12 Feb 02, 2021

Wdym by villain song-?

Reply

B. W.
05:13 Feb 02, 2021

Like "Be prepared" that scar sings in the lion king, and "Friends on the other side" from princess and the frog, stuff like that.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Zilla Babbitt
16:31 Jan 30, 2021

Hi! I'm so sorry, I keep forgetting to respond to your comment on "Marrying a Tree." How's it going, B?

Reply

B. W.
18:13 Jan 30, 2021

Eh I guess it's been going fine, but I just haven't been able to relax for a while.

Reply

Zilla Babbitt
18:31 Jan 30, 2021

Oh, I'm sorry. You've been busy?

Reply

B. W.
21:46 Jan 30, 2021

Mostly stressed and stuff, I have bad Anxiety

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:01 Jan 28, 2021

Can't wait for the next part! This is really exiting and awesome! I love the way you expressed the emotions of the two siblings! And, eh, em, would you mind if I asked you to, er, check out my new story? Keep on writing awesome stories, bye!

Reply

B. W.
18:10 Jan 28, 2021

I'll check it out eventually, but I'm doing some other stuff at the moment so you need to wait. I'm glad that you liked this one though ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part or character in this one?

Reply

12:40 Jan 29, 2021

I am so sorry that I am late at replying, I am so sorry to disturb you too. And I didn't just like this story, I loved it! The favorite part was when she acted like an electrical fencing with a DO NOT TOUCH warning. I can't wait to see what happens, will their trust strengthen, shaken or shatter? Where do you get your awesome ideas from? So sorry if I nagged you while you are busy!

Reply

B. W.
18:14 Jan 29, 2021

I'm not really sure, they just kind of pop up randomly :/ Though I guess I mostly get my ideas late at night or when I'm just listening to music, kind of half and half.

Reply

02:46 Jan 30, 2021

You do listen to music?, what kind? And ideas like night time I guess cause the same thing happens to me!

Reply

B. W.
04:44 Jan 30, 2021

Eh, most of the time I'm listening to sad music. Which I guess isn't a good thing when I become sad and I end up listening to the sad music :/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.