837 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

Zio sat across from me on an old couch nearby, which I'm surprised was even still standing and hadn't collapsed yet. Why do I even keep that? "You and me? You're saying we're siblings?"

My "brother" nodded at the question and then spoke, "Yes, I've been trying to find one of my siblings for the past couple of days. Now that I managed to-"

I put one of my fingers up to shush him while staying where I was (No way am I gonna go near or touch my so-called "brother") and then proceeded to ask, "Hold on. Why have you been looking for one of your siblings?"

"Well, I was honestly hoping that we could-"

"You planning on trying to kill me or one of the others when you have our trust??"

While I wasn't looking in his direction anymore, I managed to hear what was probably him falling off of the couch. "Huh?...no no of course not! I'd never try to do any of that, I promise."

There were light footsteps after he said that (I honestly thought it was just the old floorboards creaking at first.) as a cold and light hand was set on my shoulder. "Now, if you would please just let me explain and-"

"Don't. Touch. Me." I quickly slapped his hand away from my shoulder, then backed up a little bit. What does he think he's doing? Also, why was his hand so cold?

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry I didn't..."

"Whatever. You can still explain whatever it is you wanted to explain, but just don't touch me."

He put himself back onto the couch and patted the other side of it like he wanted me to come and sit down. It's not that close to him, fine...though he better not try anything.

It didn't take long for him to start explaining after that, I swear he could explain for over twenty-four hours if nobody stopped him. I didn't care that much though, so I was zoning out a lot.

"...And I was thinking that if me and some of my siblings went together, we'd have a little chat with our father and maybe stop him? All of the children of Zeus get treated like they're just like him, I hate it."

Alright, he's probably crazy. Going and trying to take on your father, who is one of the most powerful gods, what could go wrong? This idea in general is a bit crazy...I like that.

I'm not sure how long I was zoning out for again, though he was still going. "...Well, that's all that's happened to me when others figured out who I was the child of...has anything happened to you?"

Even though the last part was in a mumble, I managed to hear him say, "Wait no, why did I ask that?! That was stupid. Who would want to talk about it?" he had probably said some more, but I didn't care or manage to hear the rest.

"I...I don't want to talk about it."

"Did I-"

"Shut it. Though you really want to go and do and do that?"

He nodded a little bit and then asked, "Yes, it would be for all the children of Zeus! I'm sure you must have thought about doing it sometimes, so what do you say?"

"...Sure...let's do it."

***

I think it's been about twenty minutes since I've been walking through the forest, though I had a little feeling that I'd find someone soon.

Luckily Lia or none of the others had decided to come with me, what if they got hurt? Or what if they got killed? Who knows what Zeus would do to them, wait actually...

"Hah! Finally!"

Without much thinking after hearing the voice, I started to head towards it. Maybe it would be someone I was looking for? Or maybe it was someone that could help me find someone I was looking for.

After going through a couple of large trees, I finally spotted someone. There was a girl standing in the center, a tree was on its side in front of her. Was she the one I was looking for?

Wait a minute...was that tree struck by lightning? Huh, could she have done that...?

"Wow..."

"Huh? Who's there?!"

***

"Hey, I didn't actually get your name yet."

"My name? It's Zinaida."

He had this certain look on his face (I think I know what he was thinking when he heard that...) as he then started to ask, "Wait a minute, doesn't that mean of Z..."

"Yeah yeah I know, now shush."

It was probably about an hour of silence between the two of us (at least that's what it felt like to me though, it could have been a few minutes.) while he awkwardly coughed.

"So, what do you usually like to do?" we had asked in unison.

"Ah jeez, I've never really done that much stuff. I just hang out with my friends and wife when I can, what about you?"

"Train."

He got off of the couch and began to pace around me, or at least that's what I think he was doing. "What else do you do?"

"Nothing, I just train."

"Wait, are you serious?"

"Why would I be lying?"

He sighed and sat back next to me, he was a bit closer but luckily he still wasn't touching me or anything. "You know what? I'm going to make sure you relax, you're not gonna train for a while. It's quite nice to just have some fun..."

"But what about the whole thing we just talked about? Going to see our father and try to stop him? Shouldn't we be training instead? You definitely need to..."

"Listen, you'd still need to be feeling well and rested when we eventually do it. You might just push yourself or something if you always do this."

"But-"

"How about this? If you relax and just have some fun with me for a while, you can help me train if you want, or just really anything you'd wanna do. Your probably correct about me needing to do this anyway..."

"Fine..."

"Good, now come with me, please. I have the perfect idea on what we could do first."

January 26, 2021 08:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

837 comments

. .
23:43 Jan 26, 2021

Nope, not really!! I'll leave it up to you :)

Reply

B. W.
02:39 Jan 27, 2021

What?

Reply

. .
12:45 Jan 27, 2021

You know, I'll let you decide.

Reply

B. W.
18:38 Jan 27, 2021

Alright? So do ya know my OtherWorldly Repairs series?

Reply

. .
18:49 Jan 27, 2021

Yep!!

Reply

B. W.
20:35 Jan 27, 2021

I might need a little help with it

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:37 Jan 26, 2021

I really loved this story! Glad to see the list of names I gave was useful! I loved the conversations between Zio and Zinaida, and Zinaida's personality. Great job! Can't wait for Part 5!

Reply

B. W.
20:52 Jan 26, 2021

Thanks ^^ What's something you'd wanna see happen in part 5, and any guesses on why Zinaida doesn't like to be touched?

Reply

21:25 Jan 26, 2021

Hmm, I probably want to see the shell around Zinaida loosen (if that makes sense?) Basically, have her loosen around Zio. I think something may happen whenever she touches something, idk what, but possibly something she can't control.

Reply

B. W.
23:39 Jan 26, 2021

Hm? Why do you think something happens whenever she touches something?

Reply

02:32 Jan 27, 2021

Idk it's a far fetched idea, but she's very hesitant whenever someone gets close to her. I might be wrong though.

Reply

B. W.
02:47 Jan 27, 2021

Do you maybe have any other guesses? Though that idea is a little interesting.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
18:12 Jan 26, 2021

This was great!! I think the relationship with Zio was sooooooooo good. I would like Zinaida to talk more though, maybe be more snarky than she already was.

Reply

B. W.
19:09 Jan 26, 2021

Thanks, and I'm glad that you liked it ^^ I can try to do that stuff at some point then, did you have a favorite part and is there something you'd wanna see happen in the next part?

Reply

. .
19:15 Jan 26, 2021

Great!! My favorite part was in the beginning and how mean she was, and I would like her to warm to him over time.

Reply

B. W.
20:47 Jan 26, 2021

As you could probably tell, she doesn't really like being touched. Ya have any guesses for why?

Reply

. .
21:24 Jan 26, 2021

I would guess that she was either kidnapped at a young age or distrusts everyone.

Reply

B. W.
23:39 Jan 26, 2021

Your kind of correct in a way with those, though there's a lot of reasons for why she doesn't like being touched. I might go into it at some point in one of the parts, but I'm not sure.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Danny -
08:45 Jan 26, 2021

Now, would it be bad if I start reading the series from here instead of the first part?

Reply

B. W.
10:18 Jan 26, 2021

You should still at least check the other three parts out at some point, I don't want ya to get confused or anything. Though I don't really see a big problem with you reading the series from this part. Did you maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Danny -
10:22 Jan 26, 2021

Yeah, I have parts 2 and 3 in my library, I'll read them when I get the time :) Yeah, actually, I haven't read it yet :/ We had to go somewhere in such an abrupt notice earlier, I only got back now. I'll probably start from the first part of the series until I get here so I won't go asking useless questions lol

Reply

Danny -
10:24 Jan 26, 2021

I'll go check it out later, after dinner, maybe.....for the meantime..hush, hush, no spoilers (im building up suspense for absolutely no reason lol)

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
17:50 Jan 26, 2021

Well with this part since you already read it and stuff, did you maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Danny -
05:50 Jan 27, 2021

Probably when he goes to touch her, it's interesting as to why she didn't wanna be touched (probably a preference? but since its a fantasy the possibilities are endless)...or maybe the reason was mentioned in the previous parts? idk

Reply

B. W.
06:05 Jan 27, 2021

This is the first part that his sister appears in, so it's never been mentioned in a previous part or anything. You can guess the reasons why she doesn't want to be touched though if you want? I'm not sure if I'll ever say the reasons in an actual part though.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:53 Feb 25, 2021

Heyloooooooooo!

Reply

B. W.
23:01 Feb 25, 2021

How are you doing?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
23:05 Feb 22, 2021

New thread! And no, the show ended after the seventh season. I really, really like the show, but the last season was not very good.

Reply

B. W.
23:19 Feb 22, 2021

Why wasn't the last season good?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
13:02 Feb 23, 2021

They got rid of most of the main characters and the storyline was kind of weird, which was a disappointment, but that's just my opinion.

Reply

B. W.
17:25 Feb 23, 2021

Wait so when did the show even end?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
17:51 Feb 23, 2021

It ended in 2018 I think.

Reply

B. W.
18:53 Feb 23, 2021

whats another good show?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Danny -
00:35 Feb 22, 2021

New thread? The other one was getting long :/

Reply

B. W.
06:51 Feb 22, 2021

yeah sure, what do ya wanna talk about now?

Reply

Danny -
06:52 Feb 22, 2021

Hmm, I read this joke yesterday.. Pressing F5 is so refreshing lol

Reply

B. W.
06:54 Feb 22, 2021

Where'd ya find that joke?

Reply

Danny -
06:59 Feb 22, 2021

On r/one liners.... But you know like.. they could've gotten that from anywhere else and reposted it :/

Reply

B. W.
07:00 Feb 22, 2021

did you find any other ones?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
19:29 Feb 20, 2021

I thought this downvoting was over, but someone decided to start again for me... T-T do you want to do an upvote spree?

Reply

B. W.
19:52 Feb 20, 2021

Eh? I don't think its really even a big deal anymore or anything, I kind of forgot about it all. How much did ya even lose though?

Reply

Laiba M
21:20 Feb 20, 2021

Yeah, same here. I stopped paying attention to my points a few months ago but only realized when I was going through one of my threads with you to respond and notice all of my comments were downvoted T-T I think I have an idea who it is, but I'm not going to say who :)

Reply

B. W.
02:15 Feb 21, 2021

It also still just feels really empty or lonely on here for some reason, at least just for me :/ barely anyone has still been talking with me and its only you and a few other people, is that the same with you?

Reply

Laiba M
03:33 Feb 21, 2021

I've been really busy recently, so I've basically only talked to you and a few others occasionally T-T But today, since I finished my last exam, I reached out to a ton of people and most of them responded. So it's been pretty social for me :D Hmm, I don't know why that's happening. It might be because this is the time where a lot of people have to apply and go through a lot of processes for certain programs/schools/etc. for the next year. Or because a lot of people have left Reedsy or stopped checking it as often TT_TT which is really sad....

Reply

B. W.
16:38 Feb 21, 2021

Eh, its fine and yeah, unfortunately I still DO have writers block and i really just don't know what to do :/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
19:10 Feb 12, 2021

If you want to play Skribble at 3:30 EST I'll put the link at the bottom of my bio. :)

Reply

B. W.
01:38 Feb 13, 2021

I never felt like playing today, though was it at least fun?

Reply

Maya -
01:39 Feb 13, 2021

Aw that's fine. We actually didn't end up playing, I had to do something else last minute. Oop XD

Reply

B. W.
01:41 Feb 13, 2021

Oh alright, also have you maybe seen the new prompts?

Reply

Maya -
01:50 Feb 13, 2021

Yeah, I did! I like them! I think I'll continue my reedsy-cast series, cause I have a ship in the story. Hehe (Don't worry, I'm not gonna start a war like Brooke did) How about you?

Reply

B. W.
06:47 Feb 13, 2021

A ship? Well did ya ask the two people if it was alright at least? and eh, I'm not really sure. I think I might have writers block and I've had it for a little while, I could use some help.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
04:35 Feb 11, 2021

Reedsy-cast out! :D

Reply

B. W.
06:47 Feb 11, 2021

I'll go check it out ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maya -
19:44 Feb 10, 2021

If you would like to play at 3:30 EST I'm going to put the link in my bio (at the bottom XD) :)

Reply

B. W.
02:34 Feb 11, 2021

that one person hasnt shown up recently, right?

Reply

Maya -
02:37 Feb 11, 2021

Nope, thank goodness. XD

Reply

B. W.
02:40 Feb 11, 2021

Have a lot of people been playing though recently?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
17:53 Feb 08, 2021

We're playing Skribble again at 3:30 EST, and if you want to join the link will be at the bottom of my bio. :)))

Reply

B. W.
20:09 Feb 08, 2021

I'm not sure if I will today, though I'll think about it.

Reply

Maya -
20:22 Feb 08, 2021

Okay, that's fine! :)

Reply

B. W.
03:51 Feb 09, 2021

Was it fun?

Reply

Maya -
13:26 Feb 09, 2021

Yeah! A lot of people played and the spammers didn't come. :)

Reply

B. W.
18:36 Feb 09, 2021

when are you playing next?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
05:47 Feb 06, 2021

If you would like to be in the first part of my new reedsy-cast series could you fill out this form? :) https://forms.gle/GYJ6V5zaU7mQct5v5

Reply

B. W.
19:09 Feb 06, 2021

I'll do it ^^

Reply

Maya -
19:48 Feb 06, 2021

Yay!!! Thanks!

Reply

B. W.
01:01 Feb 07, 2021

So i did it, did you find mine yet or something?

Reply

Maya -
16:08 Feb 07, 2021

Yes, I did! I'll probably start writing for this week's prompts. :)

Reply

B. W.
19:32 Feb 07, 2021

When do ya think it'll be finished?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
18:52 Feb 05, 2021

Hi B!

Reply

B. W.
20:20 Feb 05, 2021

Hey how are you doing?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
18:17 Feb 08, 2021

Pretty good; I added a new story. How about you?

Reply

B. W.
20:10 Feb 08, 2021

I want to make a new story and stuff, but I just can't think of anything with these prompts. I don't like them that much.

Reply

Kate Ulrich
19:50 Feb 09, 2021

Maybe next week will be better.

Reply

B. W.
03:37 Feb 10, 2021

Maybe, also do you maybe wanna hear a joke or something?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
22:31 Feb 04, 2021

The skribbls now have a doc for chatting (kinda like Aerin's doc) and if you want to be on it the link is in my bio! :)

Reply

B. W.
04:43 Feb 05, 2021

Aerin's doc?

Reply

Maya -
04:48 Feb 05, 2021

It's similar to Aerin's doc of randomness (if you've seen that in her bio) Also, I made a writing quiz if you want to do it! https://forms.gle/KhviFKES3ZoNo6bs7

Reply

B. W.
16:10 Feb 05, 2021

Alright I'll check both of those out soon, so how are you doing today?

Reply

Maya -
16:11 Feb 05, 2021

Great! I'm so happy it's Friday! You? :) Also, I love the new prompts! Do you like them?

Reply

B. W.
16:15 Feb 05, 2021

Eh, I don't really like them that much

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
19:37 Feb 04, 2021

We're playing skribble again at 3:30 today, if you want to join the link will be at the bottom of my bio. :)

Reply

B. W.
20:38 Feb 04, 2021

Eh, I'm not sure if I'll play it today. I'll probably play it next time though ^^

Reply

Maya -
21:37 Feb 04, 2021

That's alright!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

can you play scribbl today?

Reply

B. W.
20:21 Feb 03, 2021

I think I might be able to

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maya -
17:08 Feb 02, 2021

If you want to play skribble at the same time today I'm putting the link at the bottom of my bio. (So it's less visible to he who must not be named) XD

Reply

B. W.
21:36 Feb 02, 2021

Eh, I don't think I'll be playing it today, though don't worry I'll play it next time if i don't show up today.

Reply

Maya -
21:44 Feb 02, 2021

Okay, we finished playing, but that's okay. You can another time! :)

Reply

B. W.
04:13 Feb 03, 2021

Did that one person ever show up?

Reply

Maya -
04:15 Feb 03, 2021

Yeah, but this time they were "Luke" so we all thought it was Luke until we realized it was Ayy.

Reply

B. W.
04:17 Feb 03, 2021

How do they even keep finding it??

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
05:18 Feb 02, 2021

I got a new story out!!

Reply

B. W.
15:58 Feb 02, 2021

You did? I'll check it out soon ^^

Reply

Sia S
16:59 Feb 02, 2021

:)

Reply

B. W.
21:35 Feb 02, 2021

Sorry I haven't been able to read it yet or anything, I've just been doing some other stuff

Reply

Sia S
03:07 Feb 03, 2021

Its okay

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
20:34 Feb 01, 2021

https://skribbl.io/?WiwlzjGzBwuU

Reply

B. W.
20:53 Feb 01, 2021

Yay ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.