213 comments

Adventure Fantasy LGBTQ+

Later that night Shifty had left the castle once her parents had gone into their room and fallen asleep, they were heavy sleepers so it would be quite easy to do this. She had counted the time while watching the sunrise go up and then the sunset go down until it was time.


"Quin, please open up? I could use some of your help with something..."


Shifty had reached a small house that wasn't that far from the castle, anyone who was friends or anything like that with the royal family could live in the castle or extremely close to it.


It felt like several hours passed before finally, she heard the door began to creak and she watched as a figure stepped out. She yawned before saying, "Oh, Hey Storm..."


"What do you need?"


"Well first, can I please come inside Quinny? It's kind of cold out here."


She agreed as she opened the door a little wider and watched as Storm shape-shifted into a small white cat and ran onto the couch. She smiled a little as she followed her lead and sat next to Shifty on it.


"So, can you please explain to me what's going on now? It's the middle of the night..."


Shifty thought for a minute as she shape-shifted back to normal and took out a small picture from her shirt pocket. "You remember my little sister?"


She nodded while remaining silent while she only listened to her, though she did motion for her to keep going after she nodded. Jeez, what could have happened now? Was it her parents?


Shifty sighed as she then tried her best to explain the whole thing, "Well let's just say...um...my parents are just terrible Quinny and I think you know how they are with Her, to keep it short she kind of ran away."


"Wait, what??"


She nodded and then continued, "That's why I came here for you, No one else was ever going to help me but I knew you would at least try to."


Shifty sighed as she looked back at Quin who just had a strange look on her face and remained silent. It almost looked like she was frozen in place. This was probably just a really bad idea to come...


"Sorry to bother you, Quin, I think I'll just leave now and try to find her myself" She quickly got off of the couch and began to speed-walk to the door.


She had managed to get a few steps outside as the wind began to howl loudly until Quin grabbed her hand and then pulled her back inside. "Wait no, of course, I'll help you!"


Storm smiled as she gave her a small kiss on the cheek then the two of them began to walk outside as the wind howled louder and it got colder.


"Where do you think she could be, any ideas?"


She simply shook her head before saying, "No clue she could honestly be anywhere by now...I just hope that she isn't hurt or worse..."


They walked through the city for what seemed like hours while remaining silent until a sudden burst of laughter started coming from Quin.


Storm had quickly shape-shifted into a cat on accident as the hair on her back raised up a bit while almost hissing. "What? What's so funny??"


Quin had been about to explain that to her until she had turned into the cat, which seemed to make her start laughing even more. She even did a few little snorts and it almost sounded like she was a pig.


"Quin, what is it?" Shifty just became a tad bit confused as she shifted out of the cat form again. I'm not gonna go and try to read her mind, she's my girl-friend for crying out loud...


She had to stand and wait for what seemed to about ten or so minutes until she had calmed herself down. Shifty rolled her eyes a little bit and then asked her, "So are you finally going to tell me?"


Quin wiped her eyes before sitting up with a goofy grin, she cleared her throat before asking, "Do you remember how your father and mother reacted to us?"


As the two of them entered the castle Shifty's mother, Scarlett, and her father, Sean were waiting for them in the living room of the castle. "Ah Shifty, who's your little friend?" Scarlett had asked.


Quin smiled and nudged Storm who then cleared her throat and spoke, "Mother, Father, This is my girl-friend, Quin, we have been dating for about a month."


Sean seemed a little surprised and did not speak, though Scarlett almost seemed to squeal in excitement before saying "Oh my, yes! it finally happened!"


Scarlett seemed to squeal yet again with happiness before bringing the two of them into a hug. "I always thought that you were like this but I wasn't entirely sure, but now we know!"


Sean chuckled lightly as he then suggested, "Why don't we get you both married? I'm sure you'd both like that."


Shifty jumped a bit startled as she faintly blushed and shape-shifted into a small dog covering herself behind Quin. She awkwardly laughed before saying, "Father we're only fifteen and the age to marry is eighteen...I think."


Quin agreed with her and then added, "We've also only been dating for a month, that's not enough time and yes your right about the ages."


Scarlett squeezed the two of them a bit tighter as she smiled at the two, it didn't seem like she was going to let them go anytime soon. "That's alright, you can both take your time."


Shifty smiled a small bit as she thought about that time, it had been a strange but lovely time. "Man, I can't believe either of them were actually happy about something."


"I think that was the only time that they were happy and excited about anything, they've just been really emotionless or something for the rest of the time."


Storm nodded and then added, "Otherwise I think they would have been fine and happy with Aura, even if she didn't have powers like me..."


The two of them remained silent for a few more minutes until they started to reach a large rusty gate at the edge of the town. "Well, where are we going?"


"To the other kingdom, I think she might be there..."


Storm sighed as she looked to the side before going through the gate, there was something like a small lake or a pond next to them. Quin stood next to her as they watched the ripples in the water.


They could almost clearly see the reflection of the moon in the small bit of water, it looked beautiful. "Don't worry Aura, I'm coming for you..."

November 18, 2020 00:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

213 comments

Ashlyn Anderson
03:56 Nov 18, 2020

I do. I have depression and have a wall in my relationship with mother, but I always try to help others. My heart breaks easily but I care too much about strangers. I mean what I say. I don't want others to be sad.

Reply

B. W.
03:58 Nov 18, 2020

im sorry to hear that

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
03:32 Nov 18, 2020

Hey, B, would like to friends? I'm an Aries and my birth stone is a diamond.

Reply

B. W.
03:33 Nov 18, 2020

I don't see why not ^^ I'm a Virgo actually though I don't know or remember my birth stone :/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jubilee Forbess
02:03 Nov 18, 2020

Hi! Cute story! I don't think I've read the other parts but it's still cool as a standalone story. It's a little awkward when the girls are talking about how her parents handled them being together and you had the parents saying, "I thought you were 'like this'" felt a little off to me? I don't know. I've never written for LGBTQIA+ characters but maybe the parents should just say what they mean, which is they weren't sure if their kid liked girls or not. Also girlfriend is one word, it's not hyphenated. :) Other than that, though, solid job,...

Reply

B. W.
02:55 Nov 18, 2020

Thanks im glad ya liked it and all that ^^ I know your busy and all that stuff but could you maybe do something for me? I'm just upset about it now, could you maybe look through this stories comments until you find a comment by "Tom Bradbury" or whatever? He said some stuff to me and I need help by some friends because I kind of want some other people to talk to him about it, though I guess he's kind of right that I'm terrible with all this.

Reply

Jubilee Forbess
03:17 Nov 18, 2020

Yeah, I don't see the message now but let me know if he comes back I guess? Next time just politely let him know we don't run that way around Reedsy. :)

Reply

B. W.
03:18 Nov 18, 2020

I feel like hes right though, at least being really terrible

Reply

Jubilee Forbess
03:26 Nov 18, 2020

Read my other comment, okay? *sending writerly hugs your way*

Reply

B. W.
03:28 Nov 18, 2020

do you maybe have any suggestions for something to cheer me up?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:15 Nov 18, 2020

Hi, B! This was so good!

Reply

B. W.
01:24 Nov 18, 2020

thanks ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or something?

Reply

04:25 Nov 18, 2020

I loved the ending!!

Reply

B. W.
04:26 Nov 18, 2020

thanks ^^ what do ya think about the whole Quin x Shifty thing in it?

Reply

04:30 Nov 18, 2020

I love it!! LGBTQ for the win!

Reply

B. W.
04:31 Nov 18, 2020

wait, have ya ever made a story that involves that before?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
00:47 Nov 18, 2020

Yay! My favorite series by you! It was a little short and without a REAL climax or anything, but that's fine. It was sorta a filler for this series. Only thing is...it doesn't match the prompt?

Reply

B. W.
00:51 Nov 18, 2020

Crap crap crap, I just kind of realized that it didn't match, though I just went back and tried my best to fix it. though thanks and I'm really glad ya liked it ^^

Reply

Amany Sayed
00:52 Nov 18, 2020

Yeah, it works now lol. You're welcome!

Reply

B. W.
00:53 Nov 18, 2020

did ya maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Amany Sayed
00:55 Nov 18, 2020

No not really!

Reply

B. W.
00:56 Nov 18, 2020

you'd still want another part in this though, right?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:00 Dec 11, 2020

Yaaaaaaaay! Part 4 at last!

Reply

B. W.
18:16 Dec 11, 2020

did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
The Cold Ice
05:13 Dec 01, 2020

Hi

Reply

B. W.
05:14 Dec 01, 2020

heya

Reply

The Cold Ice
05:32 Dec 01, 2020

Wyd

Reply

B. W.
05:33 Dec 01, 2020

I finished a new story

Reply

The Cold Ice
05:43 Dec 01, 2020

Nice

Reply

Show 0 replies
The Cold Ice
05:43 Dec 01, 2020

Check it out later

Reply

B. W.
05:44 Dec 01, 2020

alright thanks

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
The Cold Ice
05:11 Nov 23, 2020

Wow this is a amazing story b.w . I loved it. 10/10.Keep writing.Amazing.very nice. The ending I loved it. Congratulations for going to the fourth place.

Reply

B. W.
05:25 Nov 23, 2020

thanks ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or was it the ending?

Reply

The Cold Ice
07:10 Nov 23, 2020

Ending

Reply

B. W.
08:10 Nov 23, 2020

would ya wanna see another part?

Reply

The Cold Ice
11:00 Nov 23, 2020

Yes

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sophia Thorne
13:45 Nov 21, 2020

I enjoyed this story, and the love between Quin and Shifty/Storm. My only (small) critic would be: Show don't Tell! its the one thing I struggle most with when I write, and the one piece of advice that always stick with me. Like, for example, "the reflection of the moon in the small bit of water, it looked beautiful." Dont tell us its beautiful, 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘶𝘴. Write about how the ivory moon glimmered and danced over the dark waters. Also, I read that you enjoyed Greek mytholody? Im a great fan of PJ too and Greek mythology! I'd love it if you c...

Reply

B. W.
18:54 Nov 21, 2020

That's one of the big problems with me, along with not even being that descriptive, I've been trying to do both of those but I'm not really sure if I'll get it. Though thanks and I'm glad ya liked the story, ill be trying to get another part of it out soon ^^ Yeah, i really like Greek Mythology and some other mythologies, i even have like a series on here for it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Itay Frenkel
19:07 Nov 20, 2020

"anyone who was friends or anything like that" I noticed you often include 'anything like that' or 'or something like that' in your writing, I think it's just unnecessary and sounds kinda lazy. Are Shifty and Storm the same person? If so, it was confusing cause you kept switching between the names. "I always thought that you were like this but I wasn't entirely sure, but now we know!" Consider changing the part that says 'I always thought you two were like this.' "there was something like a small lake or a pond next to them." ...

Reply

B. W.
19:35 Nov 20, 2020

I think the "anything like that" is kind of a habit I do, I don't think its lazy though, I think I've just always done it :/ I don't think you've seen the other parts of the story, because it states in some of the other parts that Shifty is her nick-name while Storm is her actual name, so maybe ya could check out the other parts or re-read them? While its nice your giving me this and all that, its already too late to even change any of this stuff since the new stories are already out and stuff. I have developed the parents in it, if you have...

Reply

Itay Frenkel
00:01 Nov 22, 2020

Oh right, I don't think I have read the previous parts, sorry about that. Either way, next time I would suggest sticking to either Storm or Shifty, cause the constant change was a bit confusing. This is super knit-picky B, but I personally find it a bit harder to remember character names when a lot of them start with the same letter or sound similar, which is the case with Storm, Scarlett, and Sean. I'm not saying you have to change it, I understand it's too late and this is already a developed series, just something to consider for the futu...

Reply

B. W.
01:10 Nov 22, 2020

Storm is her real name but almost everyone calls her Shifty with sometimes a small time of her being called Storm by them or whatever, that's how its been through the entire series and I kinda like it. Maybe you SHOULD read the other parts of the stories so you can just understand whats even going on in this and whatever, because that would also be way more easier for you to do than me trying to explain. I also think it's kind of cute or something when a few characters have names that have the same letter and maybe sound similar, after all I...

Reply

Itay Frenkel
23:07 Nov 22, 2020

If I get the time to I'll probably go and read the other parts, I feel like I read the first part a while ago. No need to defend yourself, it's your story so it's your choice. That's cool about you and your siblings, do you all have the same initials then?

Reply

B. W.
23:10 Nov 22, 2020

My gosh you finally said something- barely anyone has been saying anything for the past few days and I'm bored out of my mind. Though yeah me and my two brothers have the same initials, so does my mother and her siblings in fact.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
02:40 Nov 19, 2020

This was a great story! As always, I loved the flashbacks, and I like the new character. B, I didn't see the hurtful comment, but I see the ones standing up for you now. Don't listen to the bullies when they try to bring you down. You are an amazing, creative author and you always have a kind word for me. That makes you my friend and I will defend you. Your stories are wonderful. Keep being awesome.

Reply

B. W.
02:51 Nov 19, 2020

Thank you so much, not for just liking the story and stuff but for all the kind stuff and all that about the other part ^^

Reply

Kate Ulrich
03:00 Nov 19, 2020

I'm so sorry you had to see that. No one should ever have to face bullying. :(

Reply

B. W.
03:07 Nov 19, 2020

Its alright ^^ im still sad and upset about it but I'm trying to forget it

Reply

Kate Ulrich
12:58 Nov 19, 2020

I hope you feel better and keep writing.

Reply

B. W.
18:34 Nov 19, 2020

dont worry, i will keep writing ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
06:56 Nov 18, 2020

This is very cute! I like the shape shifter the idea and the way incorporated it into to a semi princess story! overall 10/10!

Reply

B. W.
07:44 Nov 18, 2020

thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Sia S
10:09 Nov 18, 2020

the ending was plain cute!

Reply

B. W.
18:19 Nov 18, 2020

ya think so?

Reply

Sia S
04:29 Nov 19, 2020

Yes!

Reply

B. W.
05:01 Nov 19, 2020

thanks ^^

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
00:57 Nov 18, 2020

I liked the story! Again, grammar, work on that a bit :) Other than that, nice! I did have to reread it to realize it was another part of the shape-shifting princess story, but that's probably just me~ Nice!

Reply

B. W.
00:59 Nov 18, 2020

Thanks, im glad ya liked the story ^^ well its been a long time since the last part happened so I guess it would take a bit to realize. what did ya think about the couple In this and all that?

Reply

Laiba M
01:29 Nov 18, 2020

I liked it, and I liked that Shifty didn't read her girlfriend's mind to respect her boundaries :)

Reply

B. W.
01:30 Nov 18, 2020

oh, that reminds me, what did ya think about the whole Quin x Shifty thing in this?

Reply

Laiba M
01:31 Nov 18, 2020

^^ I already answered that :)~

Reply

B. W.
01:32 Nov 18, 2020

oh, sorry, what do ya think would happen in the next part?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
00:52 Nov 18, 2020

Great job, B! Sequel please?! lolll -Megan

Reply

B. W.
00:52 Nov 18, 2020

thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Megan Sutherland
01:28 Nov 18, 2020

Well I liked all of it

Reply

B. W.
01:29 Nov 18, 2020

what did ya think about Quin and storm though? like them being together and stuff

Reply

Megan Sutherland
04:02 Nov 18, 2020

Well I was a little confused there. Aren't they both girls? So I mean are they lesbian?

Reply

B. W.
04:05 Nov 18, 2020

yes

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.