Waving Through a Window

Written in response to: Write a story including the line “I can’t say it.”... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Sad Teens & Young Adult

From: Rowan

   To: You

   Subject: I’m bored

   Time- 1:20 pm

   Date- 2/11/2023

  Hello Georgina! I thought of you today. Well, I think of you everyday, you’re always on my mind. I specifically sent this email because I found a “What Maze Runner Character Are You” quiz on Buzzfeed. The link is below, let me know which character you get.

   Spoiler; I got Thomas.

    Anyways, I’ll email you later tonight, Georgina. Have a good day!

   Sincerely, 

                    Rowan

~_…_~

   From: You

   To: Rowan

   RE to: I’m Bored

   Time- 3:43 pm

   Date- 2/11/2023

   Hi Rowan,

   Thank you for the Buzzfeed quiz. I didn't actually know that existed, but I do now, ha ha. I took it about five minutes before typing this email, and you’ll never believe who I got.

   Teresa. 

   I guess that really means we were destined to be best friends, since you got Thomas. Or if we wanted to be somewhat accurate to the books, maybe a bit more than that. 

   Anyways, I’m on my front porch, just existing. The sunset looks like cotton candy, and I love it. I want to go up into the sky itself and eat it.

   Maybe I’ll look at more Buzzfeed quizzes to pass the time. 

   Have a nice evening,

                                 Georgina

~_…_~

   From: Rowan

   To: You

   RE to: I’m bored

   Time- 9:04 am

   Date- 2/12/2023

   Good morning Georgina,

   Teresa is a cool character, and honestly, the relationship dynamic between her and Thomas (specifically in the first book) was magical. Maybe that’s what our relationship is like; magical. That’s what it feels like every time I email you, at least.

   You kinda look like her too, or at least how I imagine her to look.

  Also, check your office mailbox. I got you a little surprise when I stopped by the grocery store yesterday. Also, happy one year freindsaversary!

   Have a great day, 

                           Rowan

~_…_~

   From: You

   To: Rowan

   RE to: I’m Bored

   Time- 10:09 am

   Date- 2/12/2023

   Rowan,

   Wow, thanks for the cotton candy. I was joking, but I’m not arguing, I’ll take it as a freindsaversary gift, ha ha. Cotton candy is delicious. Happy one year freindsaversary to you too, Rowan.

   I also liked the relationship dynamic between the two of them. They are kinda like us, in a way. 

   Also, check your desk as well. It was kinda a last minute thing, but you’ll hopefully like it.

    Have a wonderful day,

                             Georgina

   ~_…_~

   From: Rowan

   To: You

   RE to: I’m bored

   Time- 1:23 pm

   Date- 2/12/2023

    Georgina, 

    Thank you for the box of chocolates. I appreciate the gift and the little note you left; that’s the first time I’ve laughed in a while :)

    Also, I found another Buzzfeed quiz. I haven’t actually seen the show or read the books for this, but I figured you’d like the “What PJO Character Are You?” quiz. The link is below.

   Also, I have something important to tell you. Please meet me in my office on 2/14, at 11:00 sharp.

    Love, 

         Rowan

   ~_…_~

   From: Rowan

   To: You

   Subject: I’m Sorry

   Time- 11:32 am

   Date- 2/14/2023

   Georgina,

   I’m terribly sorry about what I did in the office. That was extremely unprofessional and immature of me. I can't stop thinking about it, and the guilt of the whole situation is killing me.

   I hope you can forgive me and not report me.

   Love, 

        Rowan 

  ~_…_~

   From: Rowan

   To: You

   RE: I’m Sorry

   Time- 11:32 am

   Date- 2/15/2023

   Georgina,

   I’m so sorry.

   Love,

          Rowan

  ~_…_~

   From: You

   To: Rowan

   RE: I’m Sorry

   Time- 5:34 pm

   Date- 2/16/2023

   Rowan,

  Whatever you thought we had was never there. We’re just two friends who were being nice to each other. 

   We’re over; as friends, as co-workers, and whatever you thought we had. I’m quitting in two days anyway, Rowan; I forgot to tell you due to the incident in your office.

   You should’ve told me, not shown me, Rowan. I can’t bring myself to say it, so I’m just going to type it in this email, Rowan. Have a nice life.

   Have a good night, Rowan. 

                  Sincerely,

                             Georgina

AUTHORS NOTE

Ya’ll I’m so sorry, I had no idea what I was doing with this. I don’t even know if it makes sense, but I guess at the end you can infer what happened?

Also, I don’t have enough words to actually publish this because it’s so freaking short, so I’m just gonna go on a little rant loll.

This is my first story of 2024!! Yay! I dunno why, but I had the sudden urge to publish something on here after literal eons. I wrote this during ELA when I was supposed to be doing some stupid annotating assignment on this weird story that didn’t even make sense.

Ahhhhh all of this is only 808 words? I honestly should probably be adding more to the story than rambling on like this, but I honestly have no idea what I should add next. If anyone reading this has any suggestions as to what I could possibly add to this Email conversation, please let me know in the comments or email me (ha ha, get it? Ok seriously tho, my email is in my bio, feel free to reach out).

Ok I think I have enough words now.

Ahhhhh crumbs I don’t. I’m just gonna type the same word like a bazillion times so I can just publish this.

Have a good day :]

Sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun

February 22, 2024 13:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.