Getting her back (part 4)

Submitted into Contest #58 in response to: Write about someone who purposefully causes a power outage.... view prompt

109 comments

Adventure Fantasy Thriller

This is part 4 as you could see from the title and i hope you like it, we're nearing the end of this series though as the next part/part 5 might be the end of it. Though whenever it does end i hope you all still stay for my other ones as well and won't just leave or something after my demi-god series ends.

Zio didn't know what to do or say, he was just sitting next to Lia and Arren in front of the collapsed building as arren still tried to calm her down. He knew what had happened and knew why they were crying but he didn't understand HOW it happened. He and the others all thought it had been in fine condition, why would it do this?

"can't....can't we try to pull her out of the rubble? maybe she's still alive?" Zio then suggested to Arren almost in a mumble, he wasn't that good at talking to people a lot. Maybe there was a chance that she would be alive, demi-gods are tough! right?

Lia's ears went up faintly twitching when she hears that and runs off into the rubble, she had to save her! she had to be alive! this had to work, Harmony must have been through harder things than this before, right??

Arren and Zio glanced at each other with a sad look they knew there was more of a chance that she...wasnt. They had to try though, they couldnt just give up. what if she WAS still alive and they just left her for dead??

It took around ten minutes but they finally got Harmony out of the rubble and brought her over to the grass. "something's wrong with her wings but thats fine...lets just wake her up...she has to wake up..." Lia said with a nervous laugh.

Nothing. No matter what they did to try and wake her up, nothing. Lia closer and started to check for a pulse or her heart beat. nothing. harmony was gone.

"no...no...NO!" Lia screamed and tried a few things to try and get her pulse back, she had to get her back! it wasn't her time yet! nothing. Lia broke down and sobbed harder....her friend was gone.

"l-lia-" Zio said and started to get closer to her, maybe he could comfort her. maybe he could give her a hug, they weren't really friends but she needed one. he stopped though right before he got her into a hug, he couldn't do it.

The three of them could notice a rainbow in the distance starting to appear, it wouldn't land far away it was going to land right next to them. they watched knowing what was going to happen, how were they going to explain it to her??

"Iris iris!" she heard someone shouting her name as she was about to get on the rainbow while kind of in the middle of the forest. who would be out here? it sounded like....indigo?

"Indy what are you doing here?? you should go back home!" She made her rainbow stay in place as she walked over to Indigo who seemed exhausted. did she run all the way here or something? why was she even here?

"i...felt like something was wrong with harmony...mother senses ya know?" she said still exhausted. It was around a 40 minute walk from her place to the camp so she must have been really exhausted if she ran here.

"but Indy you can't even go into the camp! your not a goddess or a demi-god, your just a mortal and mortals cant enter!"

Indigo stared at her almost annoyed by that as she then tells her "uh duh! you don't think i know that? you have to go and check on our child!"

Iris was going to say something when they heard a loud growling and shrieking noise from inside the camp not to far away. its still in there, i have to go get her! they could hear some sparking and then all of a sudden all the lights went in the camp went out, making it almost completely dark. It didn't help that at the moment the sky was really dark, it was probably going to storm later.

damn it the monster destroyed the power! I just have to get my daughter and then i'll deal with the monster, she just has to be safe.

She didn't say anything else to indigo and jumped onto her rainbow knowing that the area she was heading to has to have Harmony there. "oh! kids there you are, harmony come to-" she saw her daughter laying on the ground with Lia sobbing over her. oh no...please no...

she ran over to them all looking at her daughter and then back up at the other three. "Arren...Lia....what happened to her...??" she asked as she picked her daughter up. we never even got to meet each other...oh god how do i tell indigo?...

None of them said anything to her they all just simply pointed to the collapsed building. None of them besides Iris and maybe a few other demi-gods in other area's of the camp knew that there was a monster in the camp. they must have just thought it was a terrible earthquake.

she then brought them all into a hug not saying anything either. she then suddenly got an idea, a really good idea! a idea that was sure to work!

"kids....we're going to the under world..." she told them all with a small smile as she then stood up and grabbed all of their hands. it was time to save her daughter, she wasn't going to let her stay dead and none of the others would as well.

"h..hey Zio...? thank you...." Lia said in a half mumble as she then hugged him a little. Zio flinched just a bit from the hug but...it felt good. he hugged her back almost smiling a little bit.

"Persephone please! can't you and hades just let me go back?" Harmony pleaded to her. Her wings hurt a lot and she couldn't even fly at the moment, she had been having to deal with this for an hour or so. But her just being DEAD and in the UNDER WORLD was worse than having hurt...maybe broken wings.

"Honey you know we can't do that...i'm really sorry but only if someone comes for you, and so far no one has..." Persephone told her a bit sadly.

"Hades...?" she asked still pleading. he was the god of the under world but maybe he could just let this one pass and let her go back to the camp.

He sighed and shook his head "harmony...i can't just do that.." some people had tried doing this as well, but like now it never worked. never.

"Hades!" they heard a voice shout and then many footsteps. The three of them looked around until they saw....Iris and her friends??

"m-mom...?"

Harmony and Iris ran over to each other giving each other a tight hug. my daughter....we can finally meet, your so beautiful... iris thought.

"well look at the timing of that...but she still can't go with you, theres something one of you have to do so she can go" Hades said with a small smile.

Each of them looked at each other not knowing what they should do. they remained silent for the next few minutes until they heard someone say "i'll stay here in place of Harmony...." Zio.

"w-what? no Zio you can't!" Lia said with her eyes widened, he was her friend! she didn't wanna lose someone, couldnt they do something else? "deal."

"n-no Zio your coming with us-" Lia started to say when Zio then brought her closer to him. he smiled at her before he then brought her even closer and kisses her on the lips.

Lia's tail went up in surprise almost wagging as she began to blush, she kissed him back smiling. "oh boy..." Arren mumbled with a small smile.

The two of them stopped kissing and Zio walked over to Hades and Persephone as Iris and the rest of them started to leave the underworld. Harmony would finally be back, she wouldnt be dead anymore. they still had something to deal with back at the camp though.

okay so if your wondering about the random romance at the end i was talking with a friend and they mentioned Zio x lia and its honestly really cute. Zia anyone :) and they didn't just meet in this part, they've known each other the whole time so its not really love at first sight and he started to love her 4 weeks before he was fully introduced.

September 04, 2020 18:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

109 comments

19:11 Sep 23, 2020

I SHIP ZIA SO HARD!!!

Reply

B. W.
19:12 Sep 23, 2020

aww ya do? why do ya like the ship? and what do you think about what Zio did at the end? (not the kiss for Zia, what he did for Harmony)

Reply

19:13 Sep 23, 2020

They're just so cute together!! And he is such a good friend!! I'm mad at you though for putting me through this agony!! :)

Reply

B. W.
19:16 Sep 23, 2020

You don't like that he stayed in the underworld or something?

Reply

19:18 Sep 23, 2020

I just want him back!!

Reply

B. W.
19:18 Sep 23, 2020

:) maybe he'll come back in a spin off or something

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:00 Sep 05, 2020

Aw, this was so sweet! YAY, ARREN! But seriously, haha, thanks for the nod ;). If you want to, tell me your first or last name and I’ll include it in a story! Anyways, awesome job, and WOW. I’m still catching up on the stories you posted TODAY...3, right? Well, dang, that’s more than I usually post in a week! You go, girl! Okay, goodnight!

Reply

B. W.
01:29 Sep 05, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked the story ^^ and still no problem for the nod as well ^^ eh i hate my first name to be honest but could i tell you a name i really like? its also sort of my middle name, hope is the name. if you ever use it though you'd probably have to say its B.W. hah, not 3 stories, 4 stories :) i just finished another one

Reply

01:32 Sep 05, 2020

4 STORIES?! Dang girl you’re running out of prompts, haha! Okay, I didn’t really understand that paragraph...so here: If you would like to, would you mind sharing your first or last name so I can use it in a story as a nod? Goodnight!

Reply

Show 0 replies
01:32 Sep 05, 2020

4 STORIES?! Dang girl you’re running out of prompts, haha! Okay, I didn’t really understand that paragraph...so here: If you would like to, would you mind sharing your first or last name so I can use it in a story as a nod? Goodnight!

Reply

Show 0 replies
01:32 Sep 05, 2020

4 STORIES?! Dang girl you’re running out of prompts, haha! Okay, I didn’t really understand that paragraph...so here: If you would like to, would you mind sharing your first or last name so I can use it in a story as a nod? Goodnight!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 12 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
22:41 Sep 04, 2020

Aw, the romance was so cute! I can't believe he went though! :( CLIFFHANGER ALERTTT Can't wait for the next part!

Reply

B. W.
22:44 Sep 04, 2020

thanks ^^ im always bad at romance so i'm glad you at least liked it ^^ the next part should be out soon and he actually has a few reasons for staying. so did you have a favorite character or a favorite part besides the romance or just the romance? and if you ever have any questions for my stories ill answer them

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:48 Sep 04, 2020

If you want, I can give you some advice on writing romance, though I'm not very good myself. Yay! Favorite part...hmm....maybe the 'mother's instinct' part. Alright, thanks!

Reply

B. W.
22:49 Sep 04, 2020

Yes please i'd love to get some advice with that ^^ if i ever do some more romance then that should help me :)

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:57 Sep 04, 2020

Okay, so: 1. Try not to make everything sound too forced. Go through allll the itty bitty details like instead of "She looked at him and he blushed" do " She turned to look at him, her sparkling blue eyes wide in surprise. He broke eye contact, his cheeks redening at her pretty eyes directed at him" 2. Take something random and make it the heart of the romance. For example, he drops his hat or something, and she picks it up, and that sparks everything. 3.Don't be afraid to use cliches, like cafe romances and stuff, but don't OVERuse them...

Reply

B. W.
23:03 Sep 04, 2020

Thank's for the advice ^^ i mean the hat dropping is sort of a cliche already but instead of books its a hat and instead of a girl its a guy. I mean i hope i didn't make it seem forced did i do that? i mean yeah he did the hugging or almost did it when she needed it but isn't kissing the most cute thing maybe? i guess i kind of used blushing at the end but nothing else, did i do anything forced or did i do anything wrong maybe?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lulu Lemon
19:38 Sep 04, 2020

I have a question, not about this story or anything. This story is really good! Great job!! How do you do so many stories in one week? Like you do a few stories a day! How do you do that?

Reply

B. W.
19:50 Sep 04, 2020

Well i'm still glad that you liked the story ^^ well because i get a lot of ideas sometimes so when i get on here i decide to put them into the stories even when i think i can't do a few of them with what the prompt is at some point but i'm still able to ^^ like with this one and "useless" i didn't think i'd be able to but guess what? i did :) and after i make like one story i get more ideas so i look at one of the ideas we could use and try to think of how i can fit them into it and so far i've been able to, expect a 3rd story somewhere els...

Reply

Lulu Lemon
22:25 Sep 04, 2020

No, there is no way that I can get a few stories out in less than a day. I was just saying how it was so cool that you can do that! And a good job with this story!

Reply

B. W.
22:27 Sep 04, 2020

Oh alright thats fine ^^ im glad that you still liked it and yeah i guess its kinda cool

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Anii ✨
13:21 Oct 22, 2020

Zia is beautiful! This was definitely the best story I have read of yours so far, and I just love how high-stakes this is! Also, don't make him come back! That would be too cheesy. . . but wait. Ahhhh nevermind make him come back but then kill off someone else. This was so amazing though! Like literally, amazing! I also ship Harmarren!

Reply

B. W.
15:09 Oct 22, 2020

Thank's, i'm glad that you liked this ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part in this or was it the whole Zia thing?

Reply

Anii ✨
19:18 Oct 22, 2020

I actually liked the part when Indigo shows up.

Reply

B. W.
19:26 Oct 22, 2020

alright ^^ have you maybe made a new story?

Reply

Anii ✨
19:46 Oct 22, 2020

I will once the new prompts come out

Reply

Anii ✨
19:46 Oct 22, 2020

Thanks for asking, though.

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
19:48 Oct 22, 2020

alright, do ya think the new prompts will be good?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
22:28 Oct 07, 2020

This was soo cute! I ship Zia SOOOO hard.

Reply

B. W.
22:33 Oct 07, 2020

Aw ya do?

Reply

. .
23:37 Oct 07, 2020

YESS 100%

Reply

B. W.
00:26 Oct 08, 2020

why?

Reply

. .
01:13 Oct 08, 2020

They seem soo cute together! I literally imagine them as ya know that couple in every TV series

Reply

B. W.
01:13 Oct 08, 2020

How do you feel about Zio's little sacrifice thing?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Evelyn ⭐️
00:22 Sep 22, 2020

Amazing!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Itay Frenkel
22:30 Sep 06, 2020

Way to go! My favorite parts here were when Zio thought about hugging Lia, then decided against it, to me that showed he had really good intentions but he was still embarrassed to be the son Zeus. Then that romantic moment near the end, great character development.

Reply

B. W.
22:36 Sep 06, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it as well ^^ i think there may be a few more other stories you have to check out, right? Yeah that was what i was trying to do with Zio in that part because hes still embarrassed to be son of Zeus and thought that Lia would think he was gonna try and do something else. then at the end when they got together a bit he still knows hes the son of Zeus but doesn't really care about that hes just fine with being a demi-god and knows he won't do anything bad, he also knows at least his friends will know he wouldn't do wha...

Reply

Itay Frenkel
23:05 Sep 06, 2020

I think that's great, it's like Zio has already proven to the reader that he's not like his father, and now he's proven it to himself. Initially, he's a character that doesn't believe he deserves to be happy, now that's clearly changed, it's a heartwarming moment!

Reply

B. W.
23:08 Sep 06, 2020

Yep ^^ Yeah i guess your right with that one he never believed that he should be happy and that he'll end up like Zeus, but both him and the readers know that he should be happy and he won't ever be like him. is there anything else you'd maybe wanna see for Zio?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:55 Sep 24, 2020

Zia foreverrr! I really loved this part, you filled it with twists into the plot! Not to mention the romance! This part was clearly well thought out!

Reply

B. W.
15:00 Sep 24, 2020

Did ya maybe have a favorite part to this? or was it Zia?

Reply

15:04 Sep 24, 2020

Zia. Foreverrrrrr

Reply

B. W.
15:09 Sep 24, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:20 Sep 07, 2020

Hello, B.! This sequel was amazing, yet again! By the way, thanks for mentioning "a friend" at the end. I did have a lot of fun brainstorming! The fact that Zio is taking Harmony's place just broke my heart. And the romance between Zio and Lia is adorable. I can't wait for part five! Keep writing and stay healthy, Brooke D.

Reply

B. W.
19:25 Sep 07, 2020

I'm glad you enjoyed this one as well ^^ part five or six might be the last part to this demi-god series so i'll make it really good. and No problem you did help me with it after all ^^ what do you think will happen with Zio now that hes in the underworld?

Reply

19:28 Sep 07, 2020

I think that Zio will be trapped down there for weeks, all the while his friends (and Indigo and Iris) are trying to figure out a plan to get him back. When he finally feels that all hope is lost, his friends swoop in and save him. A happily ever after. Well, sorta. Hades will be mad. XD

Reply

B. W.
19:31 Sep 07, 2020

I think that would be a terrible idea (the idea is good i mean them saving him) because you don't wanna upset the god of the underworld, im also sure but not entirely sure if this was just in the disney movie hercules but i think hades can kill a mortal with something and maybe demi-gods

Reply

19:34 Sep 07, 2020

Woah! For a second there I thought that my idea was a total fail. Now that I think about it, you are definitely right. Scrap that idea. Ummm... Yeah, I got nothing.

Reply

B. W.
19:37 Sep 07, 2020

Well i'm not sure if he can actually do that in the myths and if its only In hercules

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
21:37 Sep 05, 2020

I was so excited to read this and it did not disappoint! My favorite part was the Zio + Lia moment. ♡

Reply

B. W.
21:43 Sep 05, 2020

I'm glad you liked it ^^ the ship name for the two of them is Zia! ^^ part 5 might be the last part or maybe a part 6 would be the last part but in the final part is there something you want to happen?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
21:56 Sep 05, 2020

Hmm... Zio's staying in the Underworld was a good cliffhanger, but it's a cliffhanger because it seems like there's more to the story? Like he's not just going to stay there? I don't know, I just hope he comes back. Zio's one of my favorite characters. ♡

Reply

B. W.
22:02 Sep 05, 2020

I mean he stayed in the under world to let harmony go back to the living world but i think if i decided to make him come back there could maybe be another way to bring him back into the living world. And yes there's a cliff hanger there because you were right, theres more to the story as theres either one or two more parts before its done. any other ideas?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.