Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!

Submitted into Contest #65 in response to: Write about a group of witches meeting up on Halloween night.... view prompt

682 comments

Horror Funny Friendship

The wind howled like a banshee, cutting through the silence of the black sky like a scissor.

Boys and girls - even parents - of all sizes flooded the decorated streets.

The witches in the house had scared many trick-or-treaters away with their 'creepiness,' blood, and pranks, so they were bored out of their minds now, needing something to do.

“Alright, let the-” Amany said, waving a stick in the air and kicking her chunky black wedge heels off. She was forced to the side by an elbow, and a girl who was smiling from ear-to-ear took her place.

“Let the meeting begin!” Ria exclaimed, her arms in a jumping jack position. Her eyebrows wiggled like worms as she said ‘begin,’ and she grinned. Ria stumbled forward, tripping on the broomsticks against the wall. Her pointy black hat drooped a bit, like a sad puppy who got scolded.

“Girl, you gotta be careful,” Kylie said, laughing and helping Adrienne stand up.

“It was their fault!” Ria said, pointing at the broomsticks and sticking her tongue out at them.

“Wait- why are we doing this again?” B’s eyebrow cocked at the girls as she said, “We saw each other yesterday.”

Ria’s eyes widened, and her hands went to her heart. “B, I haven’t seen you in five whole years! What’re you talking about?” she said, a smile appearing on her face.

Amany gently smacked Ria on the back of her head. “I mean, we planned this, didn’t we?”

Ria rubbed the back of her head with her thumbs.

“Yeah, I know!” B said, flopping onto the sofa like a limp doll.

“Okay, so the meeting has begun... now what?” Kylie asked, adjusting her witch's cloak as she sat down next to B. She grabbed a white pillow from the couch and cuddled it like a puppy.

“I don’t know, we didn’t plan this far ahead,” Ria said, laughing and walking over to the sofa.

"And honestly, I'm kind of tired of walking to the door over and over," Kylie said, sighing and fixing the fake blood on her neck.

“Well, do you guys wanna watch Netflix or something?” B asked, taking off her black lace-up knee-high wedge boots and sliding them under the couch.

“Sure,” Amany said, playing with the smooth, plastic mole on her face.

Ria looked at Kylie, and they nodded at each other, their lips pressed together as if they were trying to hold in a secret.

Kylie got up from the couch and ran over to where the remote lay, on the wooden coffee table in the middle of the room.

“We’re going to talk. Socialize!” Ria exclaimed, grinning. “Fun, right, guys?”

A blood-curdling scream rang in the air, and B jumped up.

“What the-” she exclaimed, tiptoeing over to the back door.

A satisfying click came from the door as B locked it, turning back to her friends. Her eyes were wide open, and goosebumps formed all over her skin.

“This isn’t funny...” Amany murmured, her lips parted in an ‘o’ shape.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Kylie struggled to stifle her screams as someone- something- banged on the back door as if their fists would never break.

Ria ran over to Kylie and hugged her, rubbing her shoulders. Her eyes were wide too, and her heartbeat pounded in her ears.

“Who’s there?” Amany said, glaring at the door.

Silence. Nobody said a thing on the other end, not even when Amany repeated herself.

“Who’s there?!”

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

“Help, I need-!” a woman’s voice yelled, her fists sliding down the door. Her voice was high, and it sounded like sandpaper.

Kylie’s eyes widened at the woman’s cry for help, and B shouted, “Open the door!”

Amany gulped and nodded, raising her shaky hand. The fake brass handle shone like glass as Amany reached for the lock and grabbed the handle.

No one was there.

Ria let out a shriek as she saw what was in front of the door.

A bit of blood flowed into the room, soaking Amany’s socks. But she didn’t care, she couldn’t stop staring at the doormat. On the words ‘welcome’ written in big, blocky, black letters was a body.

A woman’s body, crippled up right against Amany’s feet.

Nobody spoke.

The woman’s face was twisted like a twizzler, her face distorted horribly.

“No! Close it!” Ria and B exclaimed, their eyes glassy.

Amany nodded and shut the door, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

Ria sobbed and grabbed another pillow from the couch.

“Heartless...” she muttered, “heartless. Why do people enjoy hurting each other?!”

Amany walked over to Ria and hugged her tightly. Kylie and B joined in, and they hugged each other for a while.

“Is there like- a security camera out there?” B asked Amany, her eyes red and puffy. Lines appeared on her forehead as if someone had drawn on it.

“I don’t know,” Amany said, wiping her face.

“Do you think we should give her a funeral?” Kylie asked, glancing at the door.

Ria’s eyes widened. “I’m sorry, I can’t...” she said, “I can’t with that...” she shook her head and rocked herself, playing with the itchy, gauze-like fluff that hung off her black skirt.

“Yeah, and my parents rarely allow dead bodies in my house,” Amany said with a weak smile, rubbing Ria’s back.

Kylie nodded and stood up, walking towards the door.

Ria watched her, waiting to see what she would do. She opened her mouth to say something, then closed it as Kylie’s hand neared the door handle.

Click!

Kylie locked the door, running back to her comfortable spot on the couch.

“Where are parents when you need them?” Ria asked, turning her head away from the door.

Kylie shrugged and grabbed a decoration from the plain wall, putting it on Ria’s head.

B smiled at Amany, Ria, and Kylie, then her expression switched to seriousness. “Guys, what are we going to do about the body?”

The door creaked open and the girls jumped out of their spots, startled.

“We’re home!” Amany’s parents called, parading through the door with bags of candy.

Their grins dropped as soon as they spotted the girls’ expressions. “What happened?”

“We saw a-“ Amany started, running over to her parents and hugging them.

B cut her off, her eyes wide, “Scary movie. We watched a scary movie,”

“Yeah, and Amany got a teensy bit jumpy,” - Adrienne nodded, smiling at Amany’s parents - “if ya know what I mean.”

Amany’s eyes widened. “Mom, look!” she pulled her mother towards the back door of the house and unlocked it. The woman’s head, which the door had supported, fell to the ground with a painful thump!

Amany’s mother stared at the body, her eyes wide. She turned to her husband, whose eyes were glued to the body.

Then, they laughed. Doubled over, holding their stomachs for dear life, as if their guts would spill out at any second.

Amany stared at her parents, trying to form words but failing.

B cleared her throat and said, “‘Scuse me, would you mind telling me why you’re laughing?”

“W-well,” - Amany’s father let out a chuckle and he stood up straight, smiling at the girls - “we got you!”

October 26, 2020 20:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

682 comments

Sia S
05:23 Oct 27, 2020

Wowwww !!!!! I LOVEDD the twist!! niice!! :)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
05:25 Oct 27, 2020

Thank you! I hope you liked it! :)

Reply

Sia S
05:33 Oct 27, 2020

Obviously I loved it!!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
06:38 Oct 27, 2020

:) Goodnight, and good luck with homework, gotta wake up in 5 hours!

Reply

Sia S
06:59 Oct 27, 2020

Aww thanks!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
11:33 Oct 27, 2020

Are you good for today? Did you finish homework? :P

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
20:39 Oct 26, 2020

i don't know what to really say about this besides that it was really great and I'll give it a 10/10 :)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
20:40 Oct 26, 2020

Thank you, B! I hope you liked it :) I wanted to write about you guys because you all have been so nice to me! :D

Reply

B. W.
20:42 Oct 26, 2020

No problem ^^ i hope the others will see it ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
20:46 Oct 26, 2020

Yeah, I'm really excitedddd! :)

Reply

B. W.
20:47 Oct 26, 2020

hey- i need some help with thinking of a name for my new story. It's with the main character taking his strange little cousin out to trick or treat who has an 'imaginary' friend and some strange stuff MIGHT happen.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:39 Oct 26, 2020

Okay, so how about his name is Aganee, which means, 'One who can manifest himself to do things creatively and in a unique way.'

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Arham Ishraq
21:58 Nov 07, 2020

RAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUELRAQUEL HANGOUTS. LIKE PLEASE, QUICK I HAVE AN I D E A

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:56 Nov 08, 2020

Oof, I have an idea for these prompts too but lol alright not right now though

Reply

Arham Ishraq
21:06 Nov 08, 2020

LOOKATMYHANGOUTMESAGESSEWUFJDNM

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
00:51 Nov 09, 2020

WAITTT DJDJDIDODJDJDKDIEIHFCOIKWSHSIEKJEHDTDUX

Reply

Arham Ishraq
02:00 Nov 09, 2020

OKAYJNWIUFESNJKVERIOFSDKM

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
14:32 Nov 09, 2020

OKAY LET'S DO IT JIDFBRIWRGRWNEIRGJQOFIWQ I PICK AVANI FROM 'ONLY ALIEN' REJIRUGT3O1248932931O0E9YRBENHJFG WJEKFJASBNCKJ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Raquel Rodriguez
14:33 Nov 09, 2020

ALSO... **MESSAGES

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
14:33 Nov 09, 2020

>:) hehe

Reply

Arham Ishraq
22:36 Nov 09, 2020

H8UQFIEQNACJSKL;EGW;DC,IFHEUWRIJBF3EHVSVDCN

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
04:18 Nov 06, 2020

Hey, Raquel!! Would you mind taking a look at my newest story?? Thank you so much!!!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:47 Nov 09, 2020

Sure, sorry for not seeing your comment sooner, lol :)

Reply

15:54 Nov 10, 2020

That's totally fine!! (I was off of Reedsy the entire weekend, so I'm not one to complain!!)

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:42 Nov 10, 2020

Oh lol, good on you for taking breaks :)

Reply

04:02 Nov 11, 2020

Haha, yeah!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:00 Nov 11, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
21:48 Nov 04, 2020

Hey, you there?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
23:48 Nov 04, 2020

B, I'm kind of busy rn, but I can help you tomorrow

Reply

B. W.
00:05 Nov 05, 2020

thats fine ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
22:28 Nov 03, 2020

heyyy

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
01:24 Nov 04, 2020

Hey, what's up? Gonna post a new story very soon. :P

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
07:26 Nov 03, 2020

Heya amiga, i just made a new story, could you check out "Saving a friend" and then give me some feedback on it?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
15:51 Nov 03, 2020

In a bit, I'm doing homework, sorry

Reply

B. W.
17:32 Nov 03, 2020

thats fine ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
01:23 Nov 04, 2020

Alright, I'll check it out now

Reply

B. W.
01:25 Nov 04, 2020

alright thanks ^^ remember to leave feedback

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
01:29 Nov 04, 2020

done :P

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Itay Frenkel
02:06 Nov 02, 2020

I'm really impressed you managed to make all the characters so unique! This was a fun read and I'm sure the people you wrote this for are quite happy. p.s Could you check out my new story "Circus Life?"

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:45 Nov 02, 2020

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed the story :) Alright, I'm glad to!

Reply

Itay Frenkel
19:44 Nov 02, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
19:45 Nov 02, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Janetra Waters
20:20 Nov 15, 2020

I really enjoyed this. You're use of imagery is amazing. I could picture your story really well as I was reading.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:04 Nov 15, 2020

Thank you so much, Janetra! I'm really glad you enjoyed :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
23:47 Nov 14, 2020

ya wanna hear some jokes?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
23:51 Nov 14, 2020

sure, why not? :P

Reply

B. W.
23:52 Nov 14, 2020

knock knock

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
00:02 Nov 15, 2020

Who's there?

Reply

B. W.
00:25 Nov 15, 2020

kanga

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
00:37 Nov 15, 2020

ohhhhh, I know this one kanga who?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
19:50 Nov 13, 2020

First of all, I really love the plot. The way that you crafted the story was very good, and there are no complaints on my part. You had us hooked, and I thought it was going to be a horror story for a sec. However, it would've been helpful if you clarified more that they were witches for the sake of the reader. Other than that, I love the names!! Could you read my stories?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:28 Nov 13, 2020

Thank you! I'm really glad you enjoyed! Oh, I'm sorry for the confusion, the girls aren't witches, they're dressed up as witches Thank you! I wrote it for my Reeder friends: Kylie, B.W., Adrienne/Ria, and Amany! :) Sure, thank you for reading. Which story, in particular, would you like me to read? Also, I'm not trying to nag, but could you please like the story too? :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
23:01 Nov 11, 2020

Hey, ya know the prompt with the fake couple and the reality show thing?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
00:11 Nov 12, 2020

Yeah, I'm doing that one

Reply

B. W.
00:12 Nov 12, 2020

when do ya think it'll be done? and I could use some help with it because I wanna try and do the prompt

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
02:53 Nov 12, 2020

Alright, I started writing it over so it'll probably be done by Friday or tomorrow?

Reply

B. W.
03:01 Nov 12, 2020

Nice ^^ i know itll be great

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
12:24 Nov 12, 2020

Thanks! :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
04:32 Nov 11, 2020

heya ^^ i got another new story out, could ya check out "Sweet revenge" and leave some feedback?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:00 Nov 11, 2020

Sure. :P

Reply

B. W.
17:06 Nov 11, 2020

so how ya been? ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:09 Nov 11, 2020

Good! :)

Reply

B. W.
17:11 Nov 11, 2020

im kinda half and half

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:20 Nov 11, 2020

Oh, okay, why?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
23:49 Nov 10, 2020

heyyyy

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
16:54 Nov 11, 2020

Hey, what's up? :)

Reply

B. W.
16:56 Nov 11, 2020

nothing much, i was just wanting to talk to ya ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:09 Nov 11, 2020

Oh, alright! :)

Reply

B. W.
17:11 Nov 11, 2020

yep ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
17:20 Nov 11, 2020

So what do you want to talk about?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
01:30 Nov 08, 2020

could ya please check out "Otherworldly repairs" and then leave some feedback on it?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:56 Nov 08, 2020

Not right now, sorry

Reply

B. W.
19:24 Nov 08, 2020

thats alright ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
00:50 Nov 09, 2020

I think I could check it out tomorrow

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
17:27 Nov 07, 2020

Check out my bio!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:12 Nov 07, 2020

Alright :) Lol, I'm December :D

Reply

Sia S
06:01 Nov 08, 2020

Hehe, I'm July, August and December, even though I was born in nov

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:59 Nov 08, 2020

I was born in Decemberrr!

Reply

Sia S
04:29 Nov 09, 2020

Ooh nice!

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
14:43 Nov 09, 2020

Yee, I'm a Capricorn >:) I don't know what I actually am in your bio, oof. I just saw December and I was like 'YES ME HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH' lmao I'm crazy

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
10:25 Nov 07, 2020

Heya, how are ya? ^^

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:12 Nov 07, 2020

Heyy! I'm good, you? :)

Reply

B. W.
18:26 Nov 07, 2020

i guess im good

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
19:34 Nov 07, 2020

Great! :)

Reply

B. W.
19:51 Nov 07, 2020

wait, i could use some help for something, did I ever tell ya about that alien prompt?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:53 Nov 08, 2020

No, but I know it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
04:06 Nov 07, 2020

hey, do ya know the alien prompt?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:04 Nov 07, 2020

Uh-huh, I'm working on the reality TV show one rn. The fake dating to win. I'm excited, and I'm going to make this story love between two girls because as a demibisexual person, I want to see more of stories that praise the LGBTQ+ community :)

Reply

B. W.
18:24 Nov 07, 2020

Demi-bisexual?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
19:33 Nov 07, 2020

Yeah, I'm demibisexual

Reply

B. W.
19:50 Nov 07, 2020

Ive only heard of the regular ones along with just bisexual, what is demibisexual?? do ya just mean bisexual or something?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:52 Nov 08, 2020

I mean demibisexual, it's a mix of demisexual and bisexual

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
18:18 Nov 06, 2020

Hey ^^ so what do ya think about the new prompts?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
18:39 Nov 06, 2020

I haven't looked at them yet, I'm trying to finish my story for the last contest, but yeah, I think I'm just not going to submit it.

Reply

B. W.
18:59 Nov 06, 2020

Your not gonna submit the other one?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
20:21 Nov 06, 2020

Nah, I don't think so

Reply

B. W.
21:12 Nov 06, 2020

have ya checked out the new ones?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
21:18 Nov 06, 2020

Nope, not yet, still going to finish the story I'm writing.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
20:41 Nov 12, 2020

ya dont really like the people that say "I like your story, can you read mine" ?

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
01:10 Nov 13, 2020

Yeah, I do, because when I do it, I actually READ people's stories, give feedback, or give specific examples of what I like about their story. It isn't just, 'WOWWWWW! You write really well. Do you mind reading my most recent submission and giving feedback?'

Reply

B. W.
01:50 Nov 13, 2020

I'm fine with them but i guess its sometimes annoying to me :/ sometimes they will tell me what they think if I ask after they do that, though sometimes they wont.

Reply

Raquel Rodriguez
03:15 Nov 13, 2020

Ask what?

Reply

B. W.
03:35 Nov 13, 2020

If i ask them to tell me what they think after they just say that

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.