361 comments

Teens & Young Adult Gay Friendship

If we're all our own solar systems, what do we gravitate around? I think most people answer questions like that pretty quickly; there's the heart, of course. But then there are our brains.

It goes further than that. Sometimes, our suns are the things in our lives. I look across the seat, and I spy Mina, nearly attached to her phone. She scrolls quickly through her feed, only to pose with Denki for another quick selfie. Filters are added, and it's posted in an instant.

"Oh," she catches me looking. "I forgot to accept your friend request, Nico."

I nod, trying not to look uncomfortable now that she's noticed me. "Um... I didn't send one," I try to smile back, but it turns out a little hazy. "Kiri... did you get into my phone?"

"No," he hangs his neck a little. "I mean... I saw your socials... are you mad?"

I lean back into his warm neck. "Of course not." Everything feels almost at peace, but why does that make me feel guilty?

"Katsuki's gonna meet us at the theater," Jiro tells us, trying not to look me in the eye. I can tell she's still nervous from her boyfriend's outburst earlier, and her earbuds vibrate with silent fury. Her sun is music, I think. Each note is its own star, and her earbuds are the moon.

"Tell him we'll get there soon," Kirishima orders, hanging his arm around my neck. I fidget a little, releasing myself from his vice grip, causing some odd looks.

"Just need some air," I try to say, but there's a small pinprick of hurt in his eyes. "Sorry."

When I see his face turning a little red, I peck him on the cheek, slow and careful. It's fun to finally watch him squirm and be under my control, I guess. I mean, when's the last time I actually knew what I was doing and was in charge? It feels like it's been years since my opinion mattered.

I catch a few other people on the subway staring at us. One mother even blocks her child's eyes. The father walks toward us, eyes narrowed behind his pale face and close-cropped hair.

"Boys," his voice has a tinge of a southern accent, the only thing of him that isn't straight-edge and as clean as possible. "My son is right there. I'd like to ask you to stop."

"Stop what?" Mina stands up, hands on her hips. "I'm sorry, what are they doing?"

"That gross display they just put on," he points to us, face turning red from rage. "I don't want him influenced by you two."

Jiro slowly pulls out her phone directing it toward the man, hiding it slowly underneath the table. I eye her slowly, nodding to assure her; it's the riskest choice, but it just might be the right choice.

"Kiss again," Mina turned to us, pointing her finger. "Please."

"Not the worst thing in the world," Kiri laughs, placing his finger against my cheek. "You okay?"

"I just don't know if we should be doing this," I say back, slowly. "Like, stoking the fires or something."

"I'll protect you," Kirishima claims. "Are you ready?"

I nod, feeling the heat of the man's stares as we kiss again, full and flush.

"You're both going to hell," the man shouts back at us. "You damn homos."

"Harold," the wife calls, her face pinched and full of anger. "Just stop."

"I am not letting our son be on a train with these kids," the man turns back to her. "Get off the train."

"We're going to be late for our movie," Kaminari checks the time on his phone. "That's not really worth it."

The older man pulls out his wallet, handing Denki a couple of dollar bills. "Get the fuck off the train."

"This is our right!" Kiri pulls up from the table, standing in between our table and the man. "You can't just force us off a train because of how we are. Would you have yelled at a straight couple?"

"That's irrelevant," beads of sweat march from his forehead down to his neck. "That's fine for my son to see."

"You keep talking about your son," I point out. "But what about what he wants?"

"He's fine," the man insists. "And if all goes well, he won't end up like you f*ggots."

That's the second time Kiri's had to hear that word yelled at him just this morning. I try to rub his back and hold his shoulders, but there's something about the way the man said it; with Katsuki, he apologized immediately for the outburst. It was from pure anger, raw energy being pulled into a word he's probably heard thousands of times himself. But with this man, there is only conviction. Only hatred runs through his deep voice.

"What did you just call me?" Kiri says, trying to keep tears out of his eyes.

"Man up, f*ggot," is the man's only reply.

"Being manly doesn't have anything to do with putting down other people. it's how we control ourselves and help others. Maybe you should show your son some fucking respect and tell him that. Maybe you cou-"

The red-haired boy doesn't get to finish his sentence before the middle-aged man's fist connects his fist with Kiri's soft face. Our entire group jumps in shock, staring at the blood that falls to the ground, darker and more vivid than his hair.

To my surprise, Kiri doesn't put up his fists to take his own blow. While I'm sure he could nearly beat the old man within an inch of his life, my boyfriend(?) stands there, rigid and solid.

"Hit me again," Eijiro demands. "Show him a true lesson about manliness."

There's nearly no hesitation in Harold as he swings again, catching Kiri in the gut. He doesn't even budge from the blow, unlike the hit from the jaw.

"I'm still standing," Kiri points out. "Keep hitting me!"

The child cowers in his mother's arms, staring as his father pummels Eijiro four more times, this time aiming for his head. He's aiming to spill as much blood as possible, I realize.

He would kill Kiri if he could.

"Don't hit him again!" I push my love out of the way, holding myself close. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"This boy just insulted me to my face, tainted the mind of my son, and ruined the entire train ride for so many," the father points out. "I won't stand for it. Not in my town!"

I crane my head back, trying to get a view of Kyoka. Sure enough, she's still filming, a nervous expression on her face.

"Nico," Kirishima holds my hand. "I don't want you getting hurt."

"But you we-"

"I know it's hard to believe," he laughs, pulling me closer. "But I'm even tougher than I look. That was nothing. And anyway, I think he's taught his son a lesson."

"And what would that be?" the man crosses his arms, stern and collected once more.

"That his father is a brutal and violent man," Kirishima holds his arms up again, blocking one last punch. He smiles as the impact barely pushes him back. The old man's fists are nearly soaked in blood, a mix of his and Kiri's. Eijiro never even took one punch, but the man is as bloodied as he is.

Am I dating a god? Or is he just as perfect as I thought he was at first?

Another look up toward his eyes denies both these suspicions. No, he's not perfect. the scar above his eyes will always remind him that he wasn't born sculpted and beautiful. He's had to deal with his own mind killing him slowly too.

Kiri just got through it faster than me.

“Well,” Jiro shrugs, pushing her phone back. “I guess the internet’s gonna love that.”

“Are you sure that was okay though?” I ask. “I mean... I don’t know.”

“Kirishima never laid a finger on him,” Denki points out. “He’s alright.”

“But that guy might be fired!”

“Good,” Mina scrunches her nose. “Looks like our stop is heading up soon.”

And just like that, my argument absolves into nothing. Everyone returns to normal conversation, but I stay silent. Kiri senses this and leans back with me.

“I’ll tell you a story later,” he promises, a sparkle in his eye. “I think I know where you’re coming from.”

“Got it,” I nod, trying to focus my attention on the conversation. Of course, their words are like a different language. I’ve never had a friend group like them, and I doubt they’d want to hear about my SATs or studying habits. I’m in uncharted territory. In a new world.

Finally, blissfully, the train’s doors open, revealing the inner city. After a few moments, we stumble upon a particularly grand garden that I barely recognize, despite having gone on this trek nearly every day for school.

"Damn," Denki whistles. "Has anyone been here before?"

Jiro shakes her head, pulling out her phone. "Apparently, I've walked around here about a thousand times. But no... who got these theatre tickets?"

"Katsuki," Mina says. "That's weird..."

"What?" Kiri crosses his arms, leaning up against a bench. A lofty cherry tree leans down over him, covered in pink petals, surrounding a horde of blue lilies, lining the deep green grass next to a silver fountain. "He took me here before."

"He did?" my eyes widen a little.

"Yeah," he pushes his red hair back a little, holding it up in a thin white bandana, strictly contrasting from his darkly tanned face. "He had a different side to him, you know."

I look back to Kiri, trying to read the deep emotions lining his eyes, but a loud noise interrupts me, followed by a snare drum.

"Wait," Jiro cocks her ear. "Is that playing-"

"Line without a hook," I finish. "But why..."

Kyoka figures it all out first. "Hold my phone," she orders me. "Record. Now."

Before I can ask questions, Bakugo appears from behind the fountain, tossing his thick, blonde hair in the sparkling sunlight. "Sorry for being a dick earlier!" he shouts, sliding down the rim of the fountain. A large poster lies in his hands, and I think everyone realizes a single second after me just what it means. Even Denki, with his limited brain capacity, figures out what Katsuki's trying to say.

"Kyoka," Bakugo wipes sweat off his forehead, glimmering and shining. "We've only been dating for about four months, bu-"

"Five!" Eijiro yells, crossing his arms. To my surprise, he's smiling, despite his ex clearly making a big announcement to his girlfriend.

"Five," Jiro nods. "Yeah. You don't even need to finish it, Katsuki. I'll go to prom with you."

Everyone breaks out into laughter as Bakugo turns red, whipping around to face Mina and Denki.

"Dumbasses!" Katsuki throws his poster up in the air. "Do you know how long it took me to make that?"

"Not as long as it took me to love you," Jiro points out. "You really are a great guy, you know. You just do some terrible things."

He shrugs. "I'll take it. Nico, are you still filming?"

"Uh," I just realize this is the first time he's spoken to me without screaming.

"Yeah," I affirm. "You did great."

"I fucking know that, dork. I was just gonna say that ya'll should probably just get your act together and ask each other out while you're still filming."Kiri and I turn as red as his hair. No... it's probably even worse for me, given my pale complexion. "What?" I look up to Kirishima, watching the smile grow on his face.

"I mean," he rubs his neck awkwardly as I angle it toward him. Jiro snatches her phone back, focusing on the two of us. "We slept together."

"What!" Denki screams.

"Not like that!" I shout back toward him. "God!"

"Let's give them a little time," Mina suggests. "I'm gonna go in and get our seats. Everyone else can get some food."

Soon enough, it's just Kiri and I standing together, leaning over a bench.

"I want to tell you my story," Kiri promises. "Would you be okay with that?"

"I'm fine with that," I tell him, slumping against a tree. "To hear you talk is like music."

"I like the sound of that!" he pumps his fist before turning slightly grave.

"I know you're probably tired of hearing me say that people are manly," Kirishima admits.

"No," I say, biting my cheek. "It's sweet."

"You don't have to lie," he says. "I mean, I know you're partially telling the truth. But that's how this whole story started.

"I had a girlfriend," Kiri says. "Before I realized I was..."

"Gay?" I add. He nods slowly.

"Still hard to say it. Anyway, I think that was around the time I started realizing I was... gay. And then I met Bakugo. Would you believe that when I first met him, I wasn't like this? This isn't my natural hair color... it was black. I dyed it red because I thought he would like it. And I practically worshiped him. To me, Bakugo was this unattainable beauty, one that I kept trying to get.

"My father wasn't the best. I think they realized I was gay even before I did. And that... well, my father isn't the nicest man. Sort of like the one on the train. Anyway, he wasn't... happy. He has this idea of what manliness is. Let's just say it doesn't align to mine. He beat me when he found out that I knew."

"But-"

"I know. It wasn't him though, I think. He was being controlled by his beliefs. He's not even that religious either; he just hates people like us. People who let themselves be free. To me, it's the real identification of manliness."

"But he didn't agree with you," I guess, holding my arm around his neck. He leans into it slowly. How can someone be so soft, yet solid as a rock? "He kicked you out?"

"I left with my mother," Kiri finishes. "And I kissed Bakugo. All on the same day. We were at a party, and I was done with my girlfriend. To be honest, she wasn't even a terrible girl. No one I'd hang out with these days though. We broke up when she caught me, but I don't even think she was that angry. I saw her making out with a boy like half an hour later."

"Slut," I laugh, not really meaning it. Luckily, Kiri catches that too.

"We were both sluts," he leans back against a bench, catching the sun's rays. "And we were wild, unattainable, and destructive."

"You were planets crashing into each other," I affirm. "Meteors, maybe."

"You really like space, don't you?"

I turn red, trying to hide behind the collar of my shirt. "How did you-"

"You sleep talk sometimes," he says. "I mean when you actually sleep. It was cute!"

"No, no nooo..." I mumble, trying to crawl into my shirt. God, what else did he hear?

"It was literally too fucking cute," Kiri says, trying to pull me back out. "Like, please don't change anything about yourself. You're imperfectly perfect. And that makes you perfect."

"That's not how it works," I point out. "But I'll take it."

"Well," he kneels down, smiling widely. "Would you go to prom with me? I know you've only been here for a little while, and prom is way far away... but it'd mean the world to me."

"Of course," I tell him. "I just can't believe Katsuki proposed so early in the year. Aren't you supposed to do it in like spring or something?"

"Bakugo is..." Kiri looks up toward the sky, trying to find the right words. "Complicated. Cocky. He likes to win, I guess. And we're seniors now. Sure, all his sports and clubs are looking like they'll win... and he's even probably gonna make it to salutatorian. But that isn't enough for him. He told me in freshman year that he was confident that whoever he was dating in the fall of his senior year, he'd still be dating them by prom."

"That's rich," I grin. "He's literally terrible at relationships."

"Ah yes," Kiri smiles back. "But he makes up for it with great sex."

It takes most of my competence to not burst out with laughter. "Really? Is that why you stayed with him so long?"

"No," he pushes me back a little, only to come in even closer. "He was nice when he wanted to be. Charming, even. Not at all how he acts around you."

"Maybe not," I point out. "He was a little nice."

"Hmm," Kiri pulls me up, not sounding too happy about that. "We should probably get going."

And just like that, our conversation is dead, completely put down by Kirishima, the last person I'd expect to destroy anything.

And the world falls apart.

April 21, 2021 14:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

361 comments

TJ Squared
16:36 Apr 24, 2021

part 4 is out btw :) how have you been?

Reply

17:43 Apr 24, 2021

Stressed because of responsibilities, lol

Reply

TJ Squared
17:48 Apr 24, 2021

oof, that happens. Just take one at a time

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Part 7 is out and you're featured!!! Ik I just posted Part 6 but Writer's block just went away so I'm taking advantage lol! Make sure you read all of the previous parts first :)

Reply

Show 1 reply

Part 6 of The Adapters is out and you're featured! Sorry it took so long but it's finally out!

Reply

17:00 Apr 22, 2021

eEEeeEeeeeeE

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
11:27 Apr 22, 2021

I NEED SPECTACLES! I READ FIVE AS FOUR SOMETHING LIKE FIVE OR FOUR TIMES! Eh, sorry What do you seriously mean by the last line!? (eh, this is not confusion, more like DREAD) I love the beginning, it made me think... space aesthetic really is cool Still the last line is just.... weird? (eh, in the good way!) Happy Today

Reply

12:59 Apr 22, 2021

Hehe... well, not everything is perfect forever. I guess that’s what I meant. You’ll seeee

Reply

17:39 Apr 25, 2021

Ok, why is that I forgot to reply to this? Em, universal truth indeed. Wait! you forgot a universal truth! This one "YOU CAN JUST AVOID UNIVERSAL TRUTHS IN YUR WRITING, SILLY!" Plz? or no?, let's sit and see how this plays out?, with popcorn? Oh my, so confused Lol

Reply

21:51 Apr 25, 2021

Lol, I keep forgetting to post the next part... hehe

Reply

01:46 Apr 27, 2021

uhh.... WHAT!!?

Reply

12:02 Apr 27, 2021

I'm just stupid and busy tbh :)

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:36 Apr 28, 2021

COOL, oh my, I want to read, (has the plot of the first chap. changed?)

Reply

14:52 Apr 28, 2021

Oh, entirely. I'll post the first four chapter when I finish :)

Reply

14:56 Apr 28, 2021

In yur bio right? (can you read my new story (The chronicles of borrowed borrowed books and a nutty ninja aka me (i know, stupid title)) AFTER you do that, like DEFINITELY AFTER YOU DO THAT) orI'll die

Reply

15:50 Apr 28, 2021

GREAt title, lol. I'm not gonna post it yet either bc... lol I have to write it before I post it. You take me for a god; But I break them. oop

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:50 Apr 28, 2021

And now yur like? eh, you actually thought that much on it? awesome, so what was your pfp before that? normal face?

Reply

19:17 Apr 28, 2021

And now I’m like “oop I must show the world this cinnamon roll of a character” No, I never had my normal fave. Tbh, I think it was hades. Like... the Disney villain. Probably because we had a thing where we all made ourselves Disney villains.

Reply

12:59 Apr 29, 2021

DID YOU FINIS_ FOUR C_APTERS YET? (ok, sorry for t_e bugging, take yur time Lol) Lol, great mood Wait.... you were t_at person w_o c_anged t_eir name to _ades...? like, seriously?

Reply

13:15 Apr 29, 2021

Wait... you really have that much hope in me? Lol... nope I am not even finished with chapter one! You could say I'm taking as long as I possibly can to make it good... or you could remark on my laziness, lol

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
22:22 Apr 21, 2021

that last sentence tho- i'm so scared

Reply

22:41 Apr 21, 2021

Hehe... lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
17:04 Apr 21, 2021

The only reason I'm not reading this is that I haven't watched MHA yet, lol.

Reply

17:13 Apr 21, 2021

That’s fine! Are you going to, and you’re just holding off?

Reply

17:19 Apr 21, 2021

Hmm, I'm not sure. Anime isn't really my thing.

Reply

17:31 Apr 21, 2021

That’s alright

Reply

17:46 Apr 21, 2021

Yeah. Would you mind explaining why you like anime? Because of quarantine, I want to try watching it. But I'm not sure if I should.

Reply

18:00 Apr 21, 2021

Lol... I guess it’s the animation. It’s easier to watch. To be honest... I read them, lol. Kinda like comics... ooh, but I like how they do story arcs a lot

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

NO YOU WILL NOT WIN CAT NOIR SIMP HE IS MINE AKXNAKI I SAW UR BIO🦈

Reply

17:14 Apr 21, 2021

Lol... yeah but do you see how many characters are listed there?

Reply

17:31 Apr 21, 2021

Oh lol it’s a lot so yeah cat noir is safe

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
16:52 Apr 21, 2021

ooooooh tehe good job on this :))

Reply

17:13 Apr 21, 2021

OoooooOoooo thanks

Reply

17:15 Apr 21, 2021

yw tehe so how've ya been

Reply

17:33 Apr 21, 2021

Eh... lol busy. Everything is coming up around now, so every moment is spent either doing way too much, or literally nothing.

Reply

17:37 Apr 21, 2021

hm yeah tbh I'm so close to finishing a story but I'm having second thoughts if I should post it or not and I need to make a reedsy cast and I have to write more to a "series" i wanted to make and I wanted to Collab with someone and I wanted to write with another one of the prompts for this week and it's already Wednesday. BUT im eating a cookie so itz ok

Reply

18:00 Apr 21, 2021

Yeah... I mean, I basically quit my Reedsy cast. It’s just not how I write at all. Too much planning, too many similar characters, and all the powers? It got hectic, and it was way too out of my comfort zone, but in the opposite direction that I’m trying to go.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 0 replies
Jace A. King👑
20:34 Jan 10, 2022

Don't know why, but I always love your stories. I mean I haven't even watched the show...seriously though I wanna know...lol Also if you wanna check out my two newest stories that would be great :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
14:52 Jun 10, 2021

🦈 Bye. Gonna miss your fanfics. :(

Reply

Show 0 replies

Plz sign my petition to help save helpless cows and spread the word: http://chng.it/tmwTRXTcgq

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sapphire 🌼
15:38 Jun 02, 2021

You're leaving? oh wow. I'm really sorry if I played a role in it, or if I was one of the people you don't feel comfortable around. You have such a fantastic personality and your writing is stellar. This may be hard to believe for you since we don't really talk that much anymore but I really will miss you <3 I hope you have a great writing journey (and if The Anima App turns out to be a super famous series, with Cadette as everyone's favourite ship, don't say I didn't tell you so)

Reply

Show 0 replies
11:48 Jun 01, 2021

Oh gosh, you and Celeste? I'm gonna miss you. We didn't really talk, but I love your anime stories. Please don't remove them. I love them a lot. Bye. Maybe someday come back, just for a day?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Malini S.
03:06 May 29, 2021

Just saw your bio, sad to hear that you're leaving but I support your decision <3 And I'm really sorry if I've been one of those friends whose a part of the problem, I'm pretty terrible at making friends and I'm sorry if I ever came off too strong in anyway Thank you for all the great feedback you've given and for the convos we've had, please do take care of yourself and your health Wish you all the best, I hope you're happier soon :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
16:54 May 25, 2021

Ethan, I re-read your bio and saw that your leaving :(. I'm sure reedsy won't be the same without you. I really appreciate all the critique you've gave me in the past month? I've been on here. I hope you might come back some time or even change your mind. -Arya

Reply

Show 0 replies
Valerie Robinson
21:58 May 20, 2021

Reading the part when that jerk on the train hit him made my blood boil. No offense, but I got confused with all ur really big names :), it kinda made it hard to focus on the story, but I get the general idea. That man on the train tho... how I longed for him to be a real person so I could punch the living daylights out of him... u r TOO good at emotions... god, it made me so mad to read... ANYWAY, I really like ur story! Like, a lot. Great job! 😊

Reply

14:09 May 25, 2021

Oh yeah... the names are because this is a fanfic, lol. They're all relatively Japanese names; I didn't want to just whitewash them and give them boring last names

Reply

Valerie Robinson
16:23 May 25, 2021

True... interesting names are better :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

🦈🦈🦈 idk why im saying this but In your bio: I have the two different first parts of my first book on display for a preview. The first one is 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓪𝔂 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓴 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓭 and the other one is 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙺𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚜. it says Prom instead of from. lol

Reply

12:11 May 18, 2021

Oh... no, it means Prom, lol. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense. Hehe, thanks for the sharkies

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
20:26 May 16, 2021

OML IT'S REKI! Another red-haired best boi (ignore the fact I haven't seen Sk8 the Infinity yet-)

Reply

22:13 May 16, 2021

YES REKI! I haven’t even finished it yet but I h a t e a d a m Lol you probably don’t know him but shsjjsjs Hehe I am loving rengoku rn (HAVENT WATCHED MUGEN TRAIN👏) but hshahahhans lol

Reply

Sunny 🌼
22:16 May 16, 2021

I really need to watch Sk8, but that'll be difficult with the anime ban my mom put me on Oh, you're a Rengoku fan huh? Nice... *cries silently while singing Homura*

Reply

22:18 May 16, 2021

Wait... anime ban? I mean, ur young (don’t kill me) so I can get it... I didn’t read much manga until I was around 15... I read very little before then I don’t get that, but I already know a massive spoiler :(

Reply

Sunny 🌼
22:31 May 16, 2021

yeah my mom thinks anime is too bloody and graphic so...I've been banned from it :(

Reply

22:38 May 16, 2021

Ah... indefinitely? Permanently? I mean, demon slayer is pretty horrifying

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
10:58 May 16, 2021

Hello!, knock-knock, Can you please read these two stories and say (in the comments of the stories) if they are interesting enough to be continued!? (I think that they are, but do go say yur opinion) Please? They are the first two parts of a series written by Raven Achlys. https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/84/submissions/57880/ https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/84/submissions/57881/ Okay... sorry for the nagging but please read if you have the time Happy Today.

Reply

13:17 May 16, 2021

AAH I love ravens stuff, so yes I will read these and tell them if they’re good Oh yeah, I think I already know the answer, but the read time of The Day The Clock Stopped was reported at about one hour... should I post what I have when I finish the chapter? Or wait it out for about the next week to post the whole arc?

Reply

13:38 May 16, 2021

Ooh, you know them already? (why am I surprised, you are like my pfp, you know EVERYONE lol) so that's less suspicious Lol (i am pretty sure that raven won't ask, but try to say that you found the stories totally coincidence-ly or something) I am trying to conjure some omens in the form of visibility ooooh! wow that's so- wait, eh, okay... em, my brain is short circuiting or somethin' cause I'm totally indecisive... hm... ok, hm, do you want to post it after you complete it so that it hast that... completion or do you want to post it after ...

Reply

15:16 May 16, 2021

I’m like nick Wilde? *massive flush of inside jokes* Wow lol. Yeah, I’m... well connected. Lol I’m literally in Raven’s story! At least i know you don’t stalk my comments now I will read your new story! I’m behind on a looot of them but I’ll shove it to the front. I think... I’m going to wait until the end of the week to post it, because then I’ll have about an hour and a half, and then it should be finished with part one. Does that sound Gucci?

Reply

15:48 May 16, 2021

Eh, kinda, but you have to see that there's a reason why I put him as MY pfp, hehe The reedsy cast? No you are not? I mean, no... I guess? And I have the best reply for that last sentence- how do you stalk someone? Lol, you know, don't say Er..., Buccaneer, ya have loot? Wait, oh, okay brain's getting too piratey. Anyhey Thank ya matey! *cue pirates of the Caribbean sound track, was listening to that lol* Cool! Yep, that sounds Gucci alright! How much did ya finish in sk8 the infinity?

Reply

22:15 May 16, 2021

Lol. Wait... is there a specific reason you made ur pfp nick? I was just added, I think Wait... you don’t know that you can check comments? Oh no... I just released a monster I love how the ppl who stalk comments are just gonna read this and be like 👁👄👁 I’m like only halfway through. Have you watched it?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:47 May 18, 2021

Ya like- wait, you get it that I'm talking about the movie right? some people don't get it when I use that reference and I don't get it whether you got it? I meant the adopting part..., saying that introverts can't become best buds with extroverts will be defying my life purpose XD Lol, ok, maybe not that much, Like, em, you know it's usually shown that the introvert is following the extrovert and the extrovert is making space and stuff, thoooo irl it's the other way around or somethin' I guess... because I don't think that an introvert w...

Reply

13:04 May 18, 2021

I've watched the movie... but that was like... years ago, lol. So it's hard to remember anything from it, tbh. Yesss. Some introverts were just meant to have that extroverted friend. And then it goes the other way too. Okay yeah, that trope is a little bad. it's also overused. I mean, it's not as bad as some other tropes, but saying that someone will win because of willpower doesn't even make any sense! Like, I always hate in anime when they're like "I love this person so I win" or something like that. Like... no. if they win, it's not ju...

Reply

13:59 May 18, 2021

ok, I watched it like... *counting on fingers* 6-5 years ago? ok, I don't get my memory at all, how did I remember THAT? Anyway, That loki's masky thingy was awesome, my alter ego would be... arh, I have too many alter egos XD k..., me friendship knowledge just ran out..., that's sad XD, ok it's just dumb, eh...., I think I know a bit more about introverts? so the other way? Arh, anime is stuffed with protags who are like that, ew, blah, the hero's rant is insufferable! what I hate more is the deputy-villain's rant, they rant until they h...

Reply

14:54 May 18, 2021

Memory ain't it. I hate when the heroes are just so basic like that... like old shonen heroes. It's just so repetitive, and it ends up being predictable Um... I don't know? Like lol, he just hoped that it would rain, and that was all. And then it ended up raining. Warlock is kinda bad, lol.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:05 May 19, 2021

that'd be fifth grade i guess? anyway I don't think that they are that young, I'd grade pokemon and all as small-child stuff, hm, 7-8-9?, 10-11-12, olds I guess are tWeens? 13-14-15 younger teens, 16-17-18, YA, and 19-20-21 are NA. Tweens are when those brains get workin', bro, when was the last time you talked to a 11 year old? I say, that's hard, and you definitely can't bind them with pokemon Lol I haif-hate reedsy casts usually..., cause they don't care about the plot at all sometimes you fill forms up with iRoNiCaL cursed stuff? o_O ...

Reply

12:15 May 19, 2021

Yeah... *shudders*. Fifth grade was pretty bad. When was the last time I even talked with a tween or even an 11 year old? I think they just ignore me, lol. I kinda don't like when reedsy casts follow the same plot as all those other ya fantasy things where the person gets power. Most of my series is dedicated to destroying that trope. There's this really great book that sorta took a different approach; they made fun of as many tropes as possible, and I find that so hilarious. YES YEs It does! Like I mean when it's bigger, it looks normal!...

Reply

13:25 May 19, 2021

Fifth gra- ok, that..., that was neurotic, wait, ok, no way that was 'childish', just. no. way. well, I have to herd my cousins usually, and my cousins are... cousins. The tween group is very varied. Literally!, YES!, I LOATHE it!, I am sure that I'm trying, Lol, not that successful cause my writing style works better with one character more than a dozen and half XD But all of my already written novels at least defy the boring tropes, there's this one which I wrote just like that trope but the mc was late (because of ketchup) for the powe...

Reply

14:24 May 19, 2021

Lol, I hope no one liked Vedette, because she's a major villain in the day the clock stopped. Like... manipulative and scary Cousins are very annoying, lol My writing style works okay with a lot of characters, but only when it's all separated, and all those characters have had a ton of backstory. And then it gets very hard to write unless I'm in a mood. Then, it's very very easy. Cories (my mc from the day the clock stopped, if you remember... I might change the name as well) was very overpowered originally, but I'm changing up how his p...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.