223 comments

Romance Drama


Raiza sniffed at the poisonous blueberries on the table. 

“Are these, like, expired, or something?” she said, turning to her partner in the science project. 

“Pfft, I don’t know, can blueberries really expire?” Leo said, crossing his arms and leaning against his kitchen wall in front of the garbage can. Raiza cautiously picked a small squishy blueberry up from the container and popped it in her mouth. She chewed and after about 2 seconds, took a napkin and spit it neatly back out, balling up the napkin.

“Definitely expired. Move, lemme throw em out,” she said, dropping the napkin into the plate and walking toward Leo. He didn’t move an inch.

“I’m not just going to let you throw away perfectly good blueberries like that,” he said, closing his eyes and raising his eyebrows. Raiza rolled her eyes.

“For real Leo, just move,” she said, now almost directly in front of him. 

“Didn’t I tell you only my friends call me Leo? You wanna throw those blueberries away, you gotta get through me,” he said, smirking. 

“Oh my god, Leonardo, you’re so annoying,” Raiza said, rolling her eyes once more. She leaned on tippy-toes over Leo’s shoulder and dropped the plate of blueberries into the small can, her chin brushing across his shoulder. She blushed and moved away. “Can we just get started with the project?” Leo uncrossed his arms.

“Oh, wow, Raiz, look at you, being bossy even at someone else’s house.”

“You call me ‘Raiz’ and I call you Leo, got that?”

“And what if I want you to call me Leo?”

“Ugh!” Raiza groaned, throwing her arms up in the air. “I knew we should’ve gone to my house. We already would’ve been started by now.”

“Will you just chill Raiz? Like, for real, I’m just tryna be a good host here by giving you a snack before we start.” Leo said, bumping shoulders with Raiza as he walked past her to the fridge.

“Oh, wow, great hosting, I love me some expired blueberries.” Raiza rolled her eyes just as Leo turned around, a box of chips ahoys in his hands. He smirked. “What? Why are you giving me that look?”

“Nothing. Has anyone ever told you how funny you look while rolling your eyes? I mean, considering how often you do it, I’d be surprised if I’m the first.” Raiza blushed.

“Oh really? I could say the same about your smirking. It’s like you’re Cheshire cat or something.”

“Since when were smirks and toothy smiles the same thing? Come on, we should really get started.” Leo said, walking out of the kitchen and toward the staircase.

“I thought we were working on it in the living room….” Raiza said, her head hurting thinking about walking up all those stairs.

“Look, my room is probably neater than any boy’s room you’ve ever seen. I promise it’s the best place we could work. And besides, that way, when my mom comes home she won’t...bother us.”

“No it’s not that, it’s just- Whatever… Lead the way?” Raiza said, avoiding Leo’s eyes. He furrowed his brows.

“Ooookay...Come on,” he said, tucking the package of cookies under his arm and running up the stairs two steps at a time. Raiza’s eyes widened as she gripped the railing and walked up slowly, not daring to look down. Her skin paled as she climbed each step, imagining herself falling to her death in some boy’s house. She heard the creak of a door opening.

“Alright, so this is-Raiz?” Raiza took a deep breath.

“Raiz-a. I’m coming…” she said and walked carefully up the remaining three stairs where Leo was waiting at the doorway of his bedroom. He dramatically motioned for her to enter. She did, arms hugging herself self consciously, her cheeks a deep shade of red. 

“Well, um, this is it, I guess…” Leo said nervously. Besides his family, no one really went into his room. He grabbed the chips ahoy from his desk and sat in his rolly chair, ripping open the package. Raiza awkwardly stood to the side, not wanting to touch something without permission. “Cookie?” Raiza was blasted back to reality as she shut the door behind her and took a cookie from the package. She then looked around the room. As much as she hated to admit it, it was pretty neat. There was a set of drums in one corner, a made bed in another, a small bookshelf, the desk, and a shag rug on the floor. The walls were painted a light green and half-covered in posters.

“If you’re done surveying my room, you can sit wherever,” Leo said, eating his third cookie. Raiza blushed even more as she sat on his bed. 

“You play drums?” she said, wanting to fill the silence.

“Oh...yeah….Why don’t we just, um, start on the project?” Raiza nodded, finally finishing her cookie and brushing the crumbs off her jeans. Leo turned his computer on and bent down under his desk to unzip his backpack. Raiza awkwardly walked up to the desk. 

“Shoot…” Leo said, rising from under the desk to see Raiza standing there. “I forgot, hold up a sec, I’ll get you a chair,” he said, running downstairs. Raiza walked over to the drumset, brushing her fingers along the smooth metal. Leo was soon back, hauling a large chair from the dining room table. He cleared his throat as he set it down in his chair.

“Oh! Sorry, you probably don’t like anyone touching that. Thanks for the chair. So, we should get started. Oh and by the way, hate to say it, but you were right. You’ve got the neates- I’m-rambling….sorry...” she said, walking over to where Leo sat, smirking. “Oh my god, will you stop?”

“Stop what?” but just as Raiza was about to say he knew very well to stop his annoyingly attractive smirking, they were interrupted by the doorbell. Leo was glad. He enjoyed seeing the flushed and flustered face of Raiza. 

“Wait just a sec, my mom’s home. Why don’t you just start a google doc.” he said, as he opened the door and ran downstairs. Raiza plopped down in the large chair and pulled the keyboard of the computer over to her. She hit enter as the computer rose to life. Surprisingly, he didn’t have a password. She hit google chrome and waited for the web page to load. Leo’s footsteps were soon heard on the stairs, followed by someone else Raiza assumed was his mom. She heard a hushed conversation just outside the door.

Mom, no, I’m fine.”

“What’s her name again?”

“Raiz. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a project to work on.”

“Okay, but I’ll be checking up on you soon. Have fun!”

“Yeah, mom, it’s science, I’ll have a blast,” Leo said, finally escaping from his mom and going back into his room. His mom shook her head and walked back downstairs.

“Alright, I’m back, sorry ‘bout that. Did you open a google doc?”

“Oh, not yet, the page didn’t load. Hey, I should probably go say hi to your mom, thank her ‘nd all.”

“Oh, Nah, don’t worry about it, she’ll come to ‘check on us’ soon, anyway.”

“Are you sure? I think she might want to know about some certain expired blueberries.

“Ha-ha,” Leo said, pulling the keyboard back to his side of the desk as he sat down in his chair. He quickly opened a blank google doc.

“Hey, how come you don’t have a password?”

“Well, it’s not like I have anything to hide. It’s just a computer. Besides, like I said, no one comes in here.” Raiza scoffed.

“Really? None of your siblings mess with your stuff?”

“I’m an only child.” Leo said coldly, titling the doc “Science Project”.

“Huh… I don’t know if I should feel bad or jealous.”

“Jealous?”

“Yeah, I have two siblings, one older and one younger. Trust me, they’re a nightmare. But I guess it would be pretty lonely without anyone around.”

“Yeah, it is… Anyway, we should really get started or my mom’ll be suspicious.”

“K,” Raiza said, pulling the keyboard to her lap. She was no longer shy and felt more comfortable in the presence of Leo. “Soooo, you got any ideas?” Leo scrunched up his nose and shook his head. Raiza laughed.

“Why don’t we just search up science fair ideas for high schoolers and see what we like? Open a new tab, I’ll type it up.” Leo obliged, opening up a new tab. Raiza typed up “science fair projects for high schoolers” and her hair fell in her face. She hit enter and blew the strand of hair back. Leo was caught by surprise. Her hazel eyes reflected the light in a way that gave them so much depth and sincerity. Raiza looked up from the keyboard.

“Helloooo, are you going to click a link?” Leo blinked twice, his hands flying back to the mouse. He mindlessly clicked the first website he saw. “Scroll dowwwwn. Click that small button. No, not that one. No, lemme show you.” Raiza leaned slightly, scooching over and accidentally making contact with Leo, as their chairs were practically connected. She took the mouse from his hand.

At that moment, the door was opened, startling both kids. 

“Hey Leo, how’s it going...Raiz…” Raiza turned around and shyly waved to Leo’s mom, who smiled back. “Need anything sweetheart?” Leo clenched his teeth.

“No, mom, we’re fine.”

“Okay...Let me know if you want anything. I’ll just be in the office.” Leo nodded as his mom shut the door. He felt heat rise to his cheeks. Raiza kept scrolling through project ideas, immune to Leo’s discomfort in still being in contact. She clicked a project to learn more. 

“There, why don’t you read this,” she said, letting go of the mouse but not moving from her position.

“Why do I have to read it? You read it,” he said, staring straight at the computer screen. Raiza suppressed the urge to roll her eyes for the fourth time that afternoon. 

“Alright, whatever. Blah, blah, blah...time needed…..one week….this actually seems pretty doable. Whadya think. Leo?” Leo rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. He had just been caught staring into Raiza’s eyes again.

“Did you even read that? All I heard was ‘blah blah blah’,” 

“I did. In my head. I don’t read aloud. Here, you read it if you want to know more.” she said, pushing the mouse towards him and leaning back in her chair. She crossed her legs and looked around the room once more, observing the posters. Leo breathed a sigh of relief, glad to have his personal space back. That was all it was, he thought, he wanted his personal space, it wasn’t the fact Raiza for some reason quickened the pace of his heart every time they accidentally came in contact. 

He scanned through the webpage, reading about the project.

“Hey, how much time ‘till the science fair?” he asked, reading through the necessary materials they would probably have to order online.

“I think like a month or something like that. We got time.” Raiza replied, looking at a taped-up picture of a drawn dragon that looked pretty cool. 

“K then I think this is good.”

“Mmhm,” she said, taking the mouse straight from Leo’s hands and going back to the google doc. She set the keyboard on the desk and started typing up some of the project materials. 

“So, you don’t read aloud, prefer to be called Raiza, and dislike blueberries,” Leo said, counting off the things he knew about Raiza on his hand. “Oh, and you have some sort of weird problem with stairs.”

“It’s not that I don’t like being called Raiz, it’s just that I don’t like people I barely know calling me it. And I don’t ‘dislike’ blueberries, I’m just not very fond of expired ones. My stomach is already starting to hurt, and I barely ate one. I don’t have a weird problem with stairs, I’m afraid of heights. Oh, and it’s fine if you call me Raiz now if you want.” Raiza said, looking to Leo.

“Ooookay. How come? It’s not like I know you much better than before.” Leo said, surprised by how worried he felt when she spoke of her stomach hurting. He couldn’t point that out though, it was too weird.

“Well, yeah, but I didn’t know you at all before. Now we’re like kinda-sorta-friends-ish.” Leo grinned.

“ I’ve been in the same honors biology class with you for three years, I think we even sat together once, and you only just met me?”

“So we were classmates. I dunno, it’s like I’m in your house now, ya know? Oh, whatever, let’s keep working, the teacher shoulda never paired us together.”

“Ooh, that stings. But then I wouldn’t have the lovely privilege of calling you Raiz,”

“Don’t push it, Leonardo. I’m doing all the work here. C’mon, you type something.” Raiza said, pushing the keyboard toward Leo who mockingly placed a hand on his heart.

“Excuse me! I provided snacks!” he said, picking up a cookie from the long-forgotten chips ahoy package. Raiza laughed and Leo smiled, satisfied at his result. 

“Seriously, type something, my stomach hurts and I just wanna lay down. So we better get something done for today.” Leo leaned his head back into his chair. He was a little sad to see their time together coming to an end, but even more worried that Raiza was still complaining about her stomach.

“You know, you can- Never mind. I can ask my mom if she has Tylenol or something if you want” he said, anxiously thinking of a solution. After all, it was partly his fault. 

“No, don’t be a drama king, I’m fine, why do you care anyway?” Raiza said, looking curiously at Leo, who shyly looked at the computer screen and began typing. As he finished typing up some of the procedures of the project, he noticed Raiza’s breathing growing shallow. He turned to her and saw that her face had grown quite pale and that she was gripping the arms of the chair tightly. 

“Raiz? Raiza? Are you-” Raiza fainted onto the chair, nearly falling off. Leo jumped up and pushed her gently into a half-sitting half-laying position. He pushed his hair out of his face, keeping his hand on his head. He began to pace around his room.

“Oh god… Oh god. A girl just fainted in my room. Shoot. What do I do...Oh god, does she have a pulse?!” he said, running over to where Raiza was still unconscious and picking up her wrist, pressing his forefinger in the right position. Thankfully, he felt a steady beat. Now what?! He thought, pacing once more. 

“I gotta call 911!” he said, running over to his phone and fumbling over all the buttons to get to the ‘phone’. The only thing on his mind was getting Raiza someplace safe. He forgot telling his mom would probably be a good idea. 

“Hello? Yeah…. Um, I’m doing a science project with this girl and-...Um….No….She fainted. Yeah….Send an ambulance, I dunno!... Oh! Right: 491 Vine Drive Ashburn...20147...Yeah...I’ll check...Thank you...what?...Oh! Shoot! Okay. Thanks” Leo ended the call, frantic to follow the responder’s directions. He had to tell his mom! He also needed to check if Raiza was shivering or had a high temperature and if she was cold to prepare her to leave by dressing her in a jacket or putting a blanket on top of her. They were sending an ambulance, so Leo had to be ready to leave as well.

“Mom!!!? Mom!” he checked the time on his phone. 4:56. She’d probably went back to work or something. Whatever there was no time to call, the ambulance would be there any second. He ran to Raiza’s side and gently lifted her towards the bed. He was surprised at how light she was. He gently placed a hand on her forehead; she was stone cold. Forgetting his previous nervousness at contact, he threw open his closet and took out one of his winter coats, tenderly lifting her and pulling it around her. 

Shoot, I gotta take her down the stairs!” he said, sweating nervously. What if he dropped her?! “I got this. I got this.” he motivated himself, bending over to pick up Raiza. He kicked open the door with his foot and walked extra slowly down the stairs. Just as he neared the last step, he heard sirens nearing his house. He took a deep breath, wiping sweat from his brows. He speed-walked to the door and supported Raiza with one hand as he opened the door, shoving shoes on his feet, and taking the key from the hook by the door, and slamming it as he went out with his foot. The ambulance stopped in front of his house. 

Leo felt Raiza slightly shivering in his arms. He pulled the coat tighter around her as he walked toward the ambulance back door that was being opened by a medic.

“Where’s your mom kid? Is this the girl?”

“I dunno...Yeah.”

“You don’t know? Do I need to call the police?”

“No, no, I’m pretty sure she’s at work, and I didn’t call her cause I couldn’t waste time and…”

“Kid, calm down. Everything’s gon be alright. Come on in.” the medic said, pulling a stretcher from the ambulance. Leo gently placed Raiza down and walked up with her. 

“Tom! I need you to drive!”

“Shoot, Dave, who’s gonna stay with the kid?”

“I’ll be...I’ll be fine, just, please...We have to hurry up!” Leo said, keeping his eyes glued to Raiza’s unconscious body. Tom, the medic who had opened the back went to the front of the vehicle. They were soon speeding towards the hospital. 


August 20, 2020 23:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

223 comments

Amany Sayed
23:22 Aug 20, 2020

Okay, I've got a lot to say about this one: 1. If you don't get how it fits into the prompt, the blueberries are poisonous, like I say in the beginning, not expired like Raiza and Leo think. 2. I am sooooo sorry for the really harsh cliffhanger, I'm literally AT 3,000 words. I will make a Part 2 ASAP. I'll try to twist prompts as much as I can. Also, sorry if it's too long. Did I bore you???? 3. I'll take title suggestions if you have em (current one suggested by Aerin b. I sorta want the title to have to do w/blueberries) 4. I'm trying ...

Reply

Lulu Lemon
16:49 Sep 03, 2020

HI!!!!! I am going to answer this in the order of your notes... 1. Ohhhhhhh. Now I understand, I didn't notice before. 2. Not too long at ALL! I really liked it! Can't wait for part 2. 3. This title is good. 4. This story was really good. If you hadn't told me that you are new to them- or maybe your not, idk- then I would have assumed that you normally do romances. It was really good 5. Yay! I am looking forward to more with them!! 6. Yep! I really liked it!!

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:31 Sep 03, 2020

1. hehe 2.I'm glad! Actually, you CAN read part 2! It's on my Wattpad! https://www.wattpad.com/user/sunnydayz224 3.Thanks :) 4. I'm not new, just always tryna improve! Glad you thought so! 5. :D 6.Thanks so much :)

Reply

Lulu Lemon
22:42 Sep 03, 2020

No problem! I will head over to read the second story now, I don't have a Wattpad account tho so I cant comment.

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:45 Sep 03, 2020

Alright! If you have any feedback for it, leave it as a reply to this comment!

Reply

Lulu Lemon
03:16 Sep 04, 2020

Sorry, I just got to it right now. It was great!! Great job! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crystal ★
23:52 Aug 20, 2020

amany we have some serious talkin >:( u mentioned meh in ur bio :O

Reply

Amany Sayed
23:53 Aug 20, 2020

oop, yes I diddddd :)

Reply

Crystal ★
23:54 Aug 20, 2020

meany >:(

Reply

Amany Sayed
23:55 Aug 20, 2020

😂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crystal ★
23:53 Aug 20, 2020

how could u :O

Reply

Amany Sayed
23:54 Aug 20, 2020

its a GOOD thing

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies

Hi, Amany! I checked you out on Wattpad ;) Saw you posted your blueberry story.... I don’t have a Wattpad account, so I can’t comment, but I guess I can still read your stuff! So, uh...yeah! ~A

Reply

Amany Sayed
15:04 Aug 25, 2020

Yay, thanks! Did you like my book covers? :p That's good.

Reply

Oh, yup, I did!

Reply

Amany Sayed
15:21 Aug 26, 2020

I think you'll be happy to know I started on Part Two of Rio. I'll tell you when it's up on Wattpad.

Reply

YAAAAAAY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

NOOOOOO GIVE ME A PART 2!! WE CAN'T LET RAIZA GET POISONED LIKE THIS!!! TAKE YOUR TIME, BUT JUST SO YOU KNOW, I'LL BE ONE OF THE FIRST ONES TO READ IT WHEN YOU DO!

Reply

Amany Sayed
21:24 Aug 22, 2020

Yay, I'm so glad you like it! Okay, OKAY, NO NEED YOU, YELL MAN! I'LL GET TO IT! PS. have you heard of Wattpad?

Reply

I'm sorry lolll And no...I never heard of it D:

Reply

Amany Sayed
21:30 Aug 22, 2020

lol Okay! Just wondering, cause this story might continue on there. Prompts are sometimes annoying to go by, and on Wattpad you can submit stories without those restrictions.

Reply

Oh cool! Maybe I could try it out one day!

Reply

Amany Sayed
21:42 Aug 22, 2020

Maybe!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amany Sayed
18:42 Oct 06, 2020

Hey, Part 2 isn't technically out yet, but I wrote a sort of spin-off. If you could check it out, I'd appreciate it! :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hi, Amany! I’m bored. Aaand...you know what that means. I’m here! Posting my millionth comment on this story! Oh, when is Vampire Hunt 2 gonna be out? Also, have you started KotLC??? 😉😉😉 Lastly, cuz I’m bored and wanna have a conversation, do you play any sports? ~Aerin, a qualified TRIWRIRATE

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:32 Aug 24, 2020

Haha. Oooh, Idk, cause I started a story on the OTHER prompt, the blind date one, cause you know my problem with romance...so idek. it WILL come out though. Ooop, not yet. Yes, I'm on the swim team and I like volleyball. ~ME TOOOO

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

ALERT! ALERT! There is more Afrassi! PIRATES, THIS IS A CODE NEW-STORY!

Reply

Amany Sayed
00:59 Aug 24, 2020

AHHHHHHHHH I'LL GO RIGHT NOW

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
17:00 Aug 22, 2020

This is so amazing! I love the twist at the end! You did a really good job referencing the blueberries and Raiza's stomachache throughout the story. Would love a sequel! ❤️

Reply

Amany Sayed
17:50 Aug 22, 2020

Thank you so much! Glad you liked it! I'll go start ASAP :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Niveeidha Palani
07:13 Aug 21, 2020

Oh come on! You can't leave me in suspense! 😣 I NEED PART TWO NOW! Just kidding. Seriously though. 😔 This story was so good! And the name, "Raiza" was so good! I loved how they felt into love, it was kinda cute. Besides, I really need to know if Raiza survived! It was the horrid blueberries. 😑

Reply

Amany Sayed
12:52 Aug 21, 2020

Ik, Ik, I'm sorry. I liked it too! Thanks so much! stay tuned for part 2 :)

Reply

Niveeidha Palani
22:25 Aug 21, 2020

Of course! Do let me know when it comes out!! :)

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:46 Aug 21, 2020

Will do! Though I don't think it'll be this week, the prompts don't fit. On a side note, have you ever heard of/read stuff off of Wattpad?

Reply

Niveeidha Palani
23:12 Aug 21, 2020

Yea, of course, I understand...I have the same problem with writing a sequel to my latest story... About Wattpad, actually I've heard little of it, but I've had experience with it. I actually got an account for it and I tried to post a story. It was good! But I changed my mind, because people aren't usually active in Wattpad and you only get about two to three comments on your stories. I also think that Wattpad is only for young adults? About over eighteen or nineteen. But I think that you would have to get that book published properly be...

Reply

Amany Sayed
18:08 Aug 25, 2020

Thanks for all this info! It was really helpful :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Oh wow, this story was AMAZING! I actually forgot the berries were poisonous until I read your comment, and then I was like “OHHHHH THAT MAKES SOOO MUCH MORE SENSE!!!” Okay, dang, there is a lot to unpack on this story because it is so GOOD! (One of your best) I love these characters—I’m kinda hopin’ we have another ship (IF REO STARTS TO EXIST DIIIBS ON BEIN’ CAPTAIN!)—and definitely the names. I also love how their relationship progresses, even through just 3,000 words—they're strangers, then friends, then...girl-fainted-you-call-the-polic...

Reply

Amany Sayed
00:38 Aug 21, 2020

AHHHHHHHHH THANKS SO MUCH THIS MADE ME SO HAPPYYYY I actually feel like my writing is progressing! It means a lot to hear you say that, I *ahem*MIGHT be starting a ship...You may be captin...:) Yay! I[m glad. Haha, I swear I just want the story to write itself, I wanna know what's going to happen too lol. Oh, thanks for catching that. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :D -So happy you're on the possibly being built Reo ship, Amany

Reply

Hehe, no problem. This 101% deserved it. 😆 (I just recommended it to our sis Celeste) Yaaaay I’m captain on this ship-still-being-built! REOOOO FOR LIFE! They’re so cute together 😋. Well, minus the whole Leo-poisoned-her... ~IMA CAPTAIN, Aerin

Reply

Amany Sayed
00:44 Aug 21, 2020

Ahhhhh, stoppppp thank youuuuuu Awww, thanks, I hope she reads it soon :p. Ikrrrr wait till part 2 haha, he didn't knowwww :) YA YOU ARE but don't forget your place....I AM QUEEN Amany

Reply

Wait—I just remembered this is a writing CONTEST. Dang, Amany, if this doesn’t win, those judges are out if their MIIIIND 🤣. I’m sure you’ll at least get a shortlist! Also, a couple suggestions for the title: Worse Than Expired Blueberries Not Expired But Poisonous The Blueberries Project Gone Wrong (More humorous) Poisonous Blueberries? I GUESS That’s Science Hmm, I think I like the first and the last best. You? Oh, writing that last one, I had an idea: what if Raiza passes out for a month (or you can make the deadline a week or ...

Reply

Amany Sayed
01:09 Aug 21, 2020

Haha, I don't think it's that good...BUT LIKE STOP IMMA CRY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPROT! I kinda like "The Blueberries" I like am imagining it in a super mysterious voice (I'm weird) and I kinda like its vibes. Tysm for all the suggestions. Hmmm, interesting idea, but I already have a sorta plan for the coming part. yes, indeed I do...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Haha, yes, you’re the queen. BUT IMA CAPTAIN!!!! Yay...I’m first mate on Afrassi and co-captains with Vayd (BUT VAYD ISN’T ON REEDSY 😭😭😭) on Liefer, but now I’m sole captain of the best ship eeeeever! I don’t know why but I love Raiza and Leo so much because they’re relationship ISN’T a relationship—they’re just really cute friends ;)

Reply

Amany Sayed
01:03 Aug 21, 2020

oh ma gawddddd, that means so much....But don't say that, ik afrassi is better lol. Or ARE THEY...a lot can happen on an ambulance ride *Evil laughs because now you wanna know what happens next

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Update: Celeste took up my offer to be co-captains on Reo, so I don’t have the sole position, but whatever. ALL IS WELCOME ON REO!!!

Reply

Amany Sayed
01:05 Aug 21, 2020

INDEED I really hope Vayd comes back.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
18:41 Oct 06, 2020

Hey, Part 2 isn't technically out yet, but I wrote a sort of spin-off. If you could check it out, I'd appreciate it! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
T. Rezy
11:50 Aug 25, 2020

I just submitted my first entry for a reedsy promt on the same theme but in a completely different style. So feel free to check it out, it's a great read, with a twist at the end!

Reply

Amany Sayed
12:38 Aug 25, 2020

Of course!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Hriday Saboo
14:08 Aug 24, 2020

Brilliant story. I have submitted my new story Pls read it

Reply

Amany Sayed
00:27 Aug 25, 2020

Thanks! Of course, Be there ASAP!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Great work on this story! The romance aspect was so soft-hearted and sweet and that cliff hanger! I really enjoyed how I honestly didn't notice how you stated that the blueberries were poisonous at the beginning. And I had to go back and re-read it. Great job!

Reply

Amany Sayed
18:09 Aug 25, 2020

Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Pragya Rathore
06:45 Aug 23, 2020

I love sweet romances, and this one was literally sugar (In terms of sweetness. I had to explain, since my metaphors can get weird :p) What do you mean, the blueberries were poisoned? Does that mean that Raiza will: *dramatic gasp* die? Who would want to poison her? Ugh, cliffhangers! Please write a part 2 soon! :) Please check out my new story and tell me what you thought of it, if you aren't too busy :)

Reply

Amany Sayed
17:02 Aug 23, 2020

Yay! that really means a lot, thank you. It's fine, I understood the metaphor right away :). I'll try my best. Of course, I'll go as soon as I can. Thank you!

Reply

Pragya Rathore
17:35 Aug 23, 2020

You're most welcome :p

Reply

Amany Sayed
18:42 Oct 06, 2020

Hey, Part 2 isn't technically out yet, but I wrote a sort of spin-off. If you could check it out, I'd appreciate it! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hey Amany! Just wanted to answer your question ;) Hmm...I’d say Starbucks. I mean, I don’t LOVE Starbucks, bu I’ve never gone to Tim Hortons anyway and Starbucks has yummy muffins ;) Okay, byeeeee!

Reply

Amany Sayed
17:48 Aug 22, 2020

Starbucks DOES have yummy muffins! That's literally the only thing I've tried from there though, a nice blueberry muffin...So sugary... But, you haveeee to try Tim Hortonsss. When you do, try a frozen capp or hot chocolate. (I'm a time hortons gal meself) thanks for answering! I'm thinking of taking down my daily quotes...So.....Yeah...... Byeeee

Reply

Yesss! Omg, YEAH. There’s literally a coat of sugar on the top! Okay! Oh nooooooo! But you do you. Byeee!

Reply

Amany Sayed
18:08 Aug 22, 2020

Ikkkkk :) Idk, you're the ONLY ONE who ever answers/looks at them...It feels like a waste of my time sometimes. I mean, I enjoy it, but...

Reply

Meh, I’m pretty sure other people look at them! You could do a quiz or something...Anyways, I might switch to doing daily riddles OR fun facts, but yeah

Reply

Amany Sayed
18:18 Aug 22, 2020

I was thinking....still thinking of a topic though. Yeah, that'd be cool. Bye!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Clara D Berry
07:05 Aug 23, 2020

Noooooo! Don't take down your quotes! I know I haven't been looking at them every day, or commenting on them, but they're a big part of why I followed you. I love quotes. Maybe you could keep them up but change them less often?

Reply

Amany Sayed
14:08 Aug 23, 2020

Aw thanks, that means a lot to me! Well, no worries, I've decided to keep them. I love quotes too :p and that way I see a ton each day as I choose. Thank you!

Reply

Clara D Berry
16:19 Aug 23, 2020

Yay! I love how your quote today is about not giving up.

Reply

Amany Sayed
16:58 Aug 23, 2020

Haha, 50% on purpose... :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Crystal ★
23:45 Aug 20, 2020

That was amazing! Can't wait for Part 2!

Reply

Amany Sayed
23:51 Aug 20, 2020

So glad you liked it! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies

Yay, Crystal, finally found your bio! Hi! I’m Amany’s Reedsy friend, Aerin (duh).

Reply

Amany Sayed
01:29 Aug 21, 2020

YOU SAID TO CHECK OUT MY STORY IN YOUR BIO IS IT THAT GOOOD AHHHH TYSM

Reply

Haha, seriously, no problem. I don’t know why but I’m over-the-moon about your new story so EVERYBODY MUST READ IT! ;)

Reply

Amany Sayed
15:29 Aug 30, 2020

OH AYY YOUR BACK IN THIRD! THANK THE REEDSY GODDSSSSS! For real, AWESOME job! Someone as active on Reedsy as you DESERVES IT! You go, girl! You're gonna publish your book, you're gonna do great things, I just know it! Third pLace is only the beginning! Keep writing sis!

Reply

OHMYGOOOOSH thank you soooo much!! Idk this was exactly what I needed...SQEEE THANKS! (I squeee when I’m excited, LOL)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hey sis! Just so you know, I just submitted a new story—Part 1 of 3–and I’d love if you could check it out!!! 🤩 Thanks, bye! 🍩🍩🍩, Aerinnnn

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Amaya .
00:36 Nov 10, 2020

this is so random but i randomly reread this and realized that it was the first story i ever read on reedsy :)

Reply

Amany Sayed
00:43 Nov 10, 2020

Ack I hope it didn't disappoint!

Reply

Amaya .
03:11 Nov 10, 2020

nooo it inspired me actually :)

Reply

Amany Sayed
03:15 Nov 10, 2020

:) I'm so gladdd

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
The Cold Ice
05:13 Aug 25, 2020

Good story .I enjoyed the story.I loved the story. Would you mind to read my story “The dragon warrior ?”

Reply

Amany Sayed
12:38 Aug 25, 2020

Thanks so much! Sure.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
22:59 Aug 24, 2020

I really liked the story! Good job! I loved the name Raiza, I have never heard it before!

Reply

Amany Sayed
18:08 Aug 25, 2020

Thanks so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
00:54 Aug 25, 2020

I agree! It is an awesome name though!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amany Sayed
18:41 Oct 06, 2020

Hey, Part 2 isn't technically out yet, but I wrote a sort of spin-off. If you could check it out, I'd appreciate it! :)

Reply

20:55 Oct 06, 2020

Sure!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Krishi Norris
21:22 Aug 24, 2020

Nice story, Amany! DO you mind checking out my latest story, "A Reunion in One Act"? Thanks!

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:25 Aug 24, 2020

Thanks! Of course, I'll go ASAP!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Hi, Amany! I saw in your bio you’re starting KotLC...YAYYYYYYYY YOU WILL LOVE IT! They’re, like, the epitome of fantasy, with powers and cool places and Light Leaping...sadly, you won’t experience the Keefeness of Keefe until like book 3. Yup, KotLC gets better as it goes, but that starts with Book 1: AWESOMENESS!!!~A

Reply

Amany Sayed
01:19 Aug 24, 2020

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
16:37 Aug 23, 2020

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!😰😰😰😰😵 WHY? JUST WHY??? This is the most unfair thing you've ever done in your LIFE Armani! Just WHY? I was about to say oooooooh! The story was funny and intriguing and INTERESTING. And THEN you leave me THERE, with my heart in my mouth and my stomach running WILD???? No nice comments for YOU👿🚶

Reply

Amany Sayed
16:59 Aug 23, 2020

I'M SORRY.... Haha, I hope I can redeem myself. I will most likely be getting Wattpad and continuing the story on there. I'll tell you for sure with any updates.

Reply

17:00 Aug 23, 2020

You better👿

Reply

Amany Sayed
20:18 Aug 29, 2020

Heyyy, Part 2 was uploaded on Wattpad. I know you have problems with your account, but you can just use this link and read without an account: https://www.wattpad.com/user/sunnydayz224 Oh and I just read your new story. I'm about to leave feedback.

Reply

21:17 Aug 29, 2020

Ohh, that's cool. I'll check it out fo sure!! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
18:41 Oct 06, 2020

Hey, Part 2 isn't technically out yet, but I wrote a sort of spin-off. If you could check it out, I'd appreciate it! :)

Reply

21:05 Nov 06, 2020

Oh of course Armani! I've just been so....unavailable nowadays with a lot of things going on but I promise I'll find time!🤧🤧

Reply

Amany Sayed
04:09 Nov 07, 2020

Take your time no pressure <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.