0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Christian Funny

Bob Hall hates his name, say it out loud, and you’ll understand why, sounds really stupid. He’s changing his name to Wentworth Wellington Hall, now that name will demand awe and respect. So, from now on he’s referring to himself as Wentworth.

Wentworth was starting to feel a bit different in his heart, mind, and soul because the psychedelics were kicking in. He wasn’t quite certain if taking 4 hits of Grateful Dead LSD, a huge ball of Magic Mushrooms and very pure DMT at the same time was the grandest idea he’d ever had. He’ll find out sooner rather than later. BAM!

Suddenly his living room phased, shifted and exploded into absolute total complete unending darkness. He heard what he thought was him saying “Bob Hall you have now entered into the state of complete nothingness, and you will vanish from your own awareness…Forever. Oh no, Bob Hall, you've finally overdosed on too many drugs and are having a brain aneurysm that is killing you. Wait a minute, I’m Wentworth and not stupid Bob Hall, he can die if that’s what he wants. I need a beer, but it’s so damn dark I can’t figure out where the refrigerator is.” The Beatles are singing that they want to hold his hand. “This sounds like a grand idea if they’re singing from his kitchen”. They stopped playing, and Pink Floyd is saying he’s comfortably numb. “Damn right, because I’m Wentworth, and am enjoying the grandest of names”. A distant ship on the horizon and his hands that feel like two balloons are telling him his beer is in the washing machine covered in ice. “That’s nice.” He’s got  to find his beer to stop this stupid brain aneurysm that’s killing Bob Hall, after all he couldn't help it for being so dumb. “Why is it so damn dark?” Instantly he heard, “Because you don’t exist.” Kansas is telling him he’s dust in the wind. “Fine, settle my dust on my washing machine, so I can drink 9 or 10 beers to save that idiot Bob Hall.”

There’s a gigantic expansion of brilliant pure light, and he’s standing naked in a massive library. “Oh great, now I’ve got to find some clothes AND my washing machine and figure out how to leave a library.” Someone, somewhere said it’s time to read a book. “What? I’ll read a book titled "How To Stop A Brain Aneurysm From Killing A Naked Idiot In A Library Looking For His Beer In A Washing Machine.””Help me Mom.” The same someone explained his beer was really in his bedroom dresser and was getting warm. “ This CANNOT be happening, warm beer makes me vomit, looks like Bob Hall is going to die.” Oh well, no big deal, he doesn't have any friends anyway because he’s stupid.” 

BAAAAMMM, or was it knock ? “Why are they tearing down the library?” Now he’s looking at Gladimere, the one friend he has who put it in his head that Bob Hall was an idiotic name. “Jesus H.Christ!” “Yes? However, my middle name isn’t H for Herbert and my last name isn’t Christ, my name is Jesus of Nazareth. Gladimere, why is Robert standing naked in his living room with a warm beer in hand saying something about a library and being dust in the wind looking for a book he must read?” I have no idea, he must have gone through with another of his idiotic tripping experiences.”

Wentworth looked at Jesus who suddenly became a composite of Elvis and John Lennon and asked, “What did you say my name is?” “Robert” “Wow, way cool, I like that better than Wentworth, can you please help me find the beer in my dresser before it gets any warmer? And I really don’t enjoy being dust. How will I be able to drink my beer to save Bob Hall?” Jesus, who is now Elton John, exclaims,” Tiny dancer, I don’t know if the yellow brick road leads to your bedroom, and I’ll ask my and your Father about the dust issue.”

Gladimere is now pondering why naked Bob is talking to himself about his name being Robert who has turned from dust to a tiny dancer and is on the yellow brick road to find the warm beer in his bedroom dresser, so he won’t have a brain aneurysm. He’s sorry he ever knocked on the door and decides he must leave before his brain implodes. “Bye Bob”. “My name is NOT Bob; it's Robert and I look stupid in this ballerina skirt.” “Sorry man, I’ll visit you if you end up catatonic in a mental institution, I must leave. Now!”

Bob Wentworth, who is now Robert, is looking at Elton John Jesus and is wondering why he’s smiling. “You think this is funny? I enjoyed being a man, not a little girl but at least I’m no longer dust. I must find my warming beer to save Bob Hall who thankfully is now Robert Hall.” Yes, this is funny, you’re now standing in your front yard talking to a tree and embarrassed because your neighbors will see you naked, even though you’re not. Sorry, I have some beautiful brothers and sisters to talk with in Heaven and must leave also. I’m like Gladimere, you’re even beginning to affect my mindset.” “Ok, sissy Elton John Jesus, leave, but thank you so very much for telling me my name is Robert.” “You’re welcome, see you again eventually.”

Robert suddenly realizes he is talking to a tree, and it’s very important to take out the trash before drinking what is now going to be 15 beers to save Bob Hall. “What is going on, I’m back in the library looking at a very attractive librarian?” I must ask her some questions.” The librarian is looking at this strange man with a warm, unopened beer in his hand and unbuttoned pants wearing no shoes. “Miss, I must say you’re very attractive, but beauty is only skin deep. Comprehend please?” The woman is somewhat perplexed and has no words. “This is really simple, Miss Librarian. I need a book titled, “My Brief Discussion with Elton John Jesus.” It’s a bestseller.” “In this magnificent book I’ll understand why I first came to this library when I was naked looking for my beer in a washing machine, when the warm beer was actually in my dresser drawer, and I was talking to a tree about taking out the trash before drinking 15 beers in the refrigerator where they never left to save Bob Hall who is now Robert Hall and no longer Wentworth from dying of a brain aneurysm because the idiot took way to many drugs. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?”

The librarian is now thinking, “I can’t talk to this insane idiot who is starting to take off his clothes, I’m calling the police.””Miss, I can see it in your eyes you want to make love to me but first things first.” Bob, who is now Robert, stops taking off his clothes and opens the warm beer and downs it. “Now That helps, the alcohol is telling me to calm down as Bob, who is really Robert, and I’m not going to die from taking too many hallucinogens. I remember reading "Nobody has ever died from the drugs but have died because they fell out of a tree when they thought they were in bed.” The beautiful lady is starting to relax but is startled when this strange man shouts, “Jesus’s real name is Jesus of Nazareth not Jesus Christ, and he’s now talking with friends in Heaven after telling me I was talking to a tree in my front yard.”

Suddenly Robert understood the most profound truth that ever occurred to him.”Wow! I’m not a human being. Jesus was human, but he’d completely understood that he was in actuality a Christ Being, and I am also on my way to remembering I’m also a Christ Being along with all who were or who are or who will ever be. We’re All One Christ Being who are One with God. Forever.” 

The librarian witnesses something she’d never seen before. This man who was just moments before a raging manic became so serene and peaceful that his eyes changed color from brown to a beautiful piercing blue. “My, you’re the most beautiful man I’ve ever looked upon.” Thank you, my beloved Sister, I just remembered what I’ve always known but had forgotten. We are All One in the magnificent Mind of God Our Father. We’re perfect, cannot sin and we live forever. Jesus is not to be worshiped but deeply respected because he is our eldest brother. Furthermore, life outside of Heaven is impossible. We just think we’re living on earth but due to the incredible power of our minds this is true to us even though it’s not. We’re dreaming in Heaven. We’ll awaken from our dream of separation once we have achieved perfection in forgiveness.”

The suddenly extremely peaceful librarian exclaimed, “Now I understand the message friends have been trying to explain that is taught in A Course In Miracles. I AM Christ, so are you and so is everyone I’ve ever known or ever will know, we’re truly One.”

Robert went on to explain, “All the heartaches, pain, confusion, worry, anxieties, suffering, and the feeling of the loss of love we experienced is because we have punished ourselves for thinking deep in our subconscious minds that we offended God. We mistakenly believed we insulted God so deeply that He began to hate us. Finally, after seeing Jesus, I understand the Truth that it is absolutely impossible to offend Our Father/Mother God in any way because we were made perfect by the One Who has always been perfect. If God made anything or anyone imperfect, He/She would no longer Be perfect. God is Love and Love is the most powerful force in All of creation.” 

The librarian who had always studied and loved nature immediately understood another forgotten Truth. “Yes Robert, the reason animals hibernate, spiders spin webs, and the birds know when to migrate and fly in a V formation is because the Love and Order of God permeates all of existence, always. The seasons are for the perpetuation and growth of all life and the magnificent rain forests operate in a beautiful perfect harmony,” Astoundingly she comprehended that, “All the animal kingdom understands the Christ Mind controls everything, this is simply who they Are. We humans who were gifted with free will when we came to earth forgot the Truth that we are Not human beings, but Christ Beings and this universal law is forever True.”

Robert, whose eyes just became even bluer, exclaimed, “We’re waking up in Heaven and when fully aware we’ll Know that the life we thought we had lived was simply not true and was in essence a script we had written before birth. The Holy Spirit was God’s third creation after Ours and was created to heal our Magnificent Mind because we thought we had separated Ourselves from I AM.” 

Roberts' newfound Sister said, “Finally I understand my family being killed in a car crash was something I had scripted to consciously understand the immense sense of loss I felt when I mistakenly thought I had rebelled against God. WOW, this is so Very True.” Now I completely remember that loss of love or separation of any kind is eternally impossible because this is Not God’s Will and God’s Will is thankfully All There Is. We are All part of God’s Mind and have never nor ever will be forgotten.”

Robert also now understands the extreme importance of forgiveness, “Ahnora, that’s my name for you even though names are no longer important, as we forgive others, we are Really forgiving ourselves for believing we offended the Source of All Life. I Am Love because I was created by Love, so are you, so is everyone. I now understand what we are going to do for all of eternity, forever and ever. We’ll be taught All God knows and He/She knows everything. We will become who we truly Are and will finally remember we are co-creators with God because God’s Eternal Nature is one of complete extension and giving. We’ll generate universes because Love’s primary function is to create.” 

A nanosecond later Bob, who is Robert, is sitting at his dining room table. He understands his drug experiment is winding down, and he must write everything, so he’ll read and remember these truths when no longer tripping. Jesus appears at the other end of the table and looks somewhat disappointed. Robert asks, “Why the somewhat unhappy countenance?” “I was looking forward to you thinking you had become a mule who could drive a car and was searching for a 5th of Jack Daniel's because 15 beers will not be enough to stop Bob Hall from his forthcoming demise due to brain lesions.” “” I’m thankfully over the insanity of my ego and am Only listening to our Holy Spirit.”

Jesus, who is no longer Elton John, softly explains, “My dear Brother, I’ve been with, nurtured, protected, taught and loved you from the moment you were born. The Holy Spirit has even condensed time for you because there are no longer lessons needed to learn. Gladimere was supposed to steal from you tomorrow, however this will Not occur because you have already totally forgiven another dear friend who stole from you in your imagined past. I have astoundingly wonderful news for you, Source is going to wake you up in a cosmic instant very, very soon. You have totally mastered the lesson I came to teach. Some of my very last words while dying on the cross were, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” I said this for the benefit of those witnessing my death to teach that the magnificent beauty of forgiveness is extremely powerful. I knew this would be ingrained in the collective human psyche that I forgave even though they had tortured and were killing me. Of course, our Father does not forgive because our Father knows of nothing to forgive. I was dreaming, you are dreaming and will very soon joyfully awaken.”

Robert, who had to stop thinking he was Bob, asked, “What is true reality like?” The beautiful reply was, “I have saved and purified the remembrance of every single act you did out of love as gifts you’ll be astounded to understand. Every time you gave to the needy, returned too much change, held open a door, gave up your place in line, turned the other cheek, let others into your home and crash on your couch, forgave a perceived ended romantic relationship, went the extra mile, gave at your own expense; you unconditionally loved. You will totally understand the beauty of your loving actions.

 You’ll become amazed just by gazing at the perfection of a single rose. Your five senses will become perfectly enhanced. You’ll see colors you’ve never seen, hear sounds you’ve never heard, taste foods that are perfectly delicious and touch items that will change form. Smells will mysteriously be as beautiful as colors. You’ll be astounded by the experience of perfect music. The wonderful surprises of meeting friends and loved ones from your earthy dream will be unending. You’ll master flight and totally understand your real and true education is just beginning. 

All the pain so patiently endured in time will be nothing but a memory to forget. You’ll understand the harmony, purity, and similarities of the macro-verse and the microverse. The massively enormous and minutely small are perfect in the similarities they share. Love is the Force that governs and controls All. Forever. Loss, worry, depression, anxiety, or fear will no longer even exist. You’ll love knowing the truth that you are a Christ Being and thankfully no longer a frail and limited human being.” 

Jesus began to smile widely and said,” I’m looking forward to your antics in Heaven. You’ll be a hilarious stand-up comedian because all the idiotic actions you explain are true. Your brothers and sisters will be astounded how you survived in time with absolutely zero common sense.” 

Robert is gazing at the empty chair where Jesus had been sitting and begins fervently writing down everything he had just learned and experienced. After hours of writing, he finally fell into a very deep sleep. Awakening from a 12-hour rest he looked at his volumes of writing. These scribbles might as well be in Latin and meant absolutely nothing. His memory of the last 24 hours was somehow missing. He knew he’d learned profound eternal truths and had glimpsed at and understood Divine Wisdom. 

He didn’t understand that every single experience and learned truths are perfectly remembered in his subconscious. He had come to a more profound and deeper understanding of the perfect and loving power of our minds. He thought, “This drug experiment went very well. Next month I’m going to Peru and combine Ayawaska, LSD and Ketamine. My Shawman’s job will be to record every utterance. This manuscript Will help wake up my dreaming brothers and sisters and worldwide libraries will stock this writing.”

The 7:00 AM work alarm clock went off and Bob knew he had awakened from an absolutely beautiful and amazing dream concerning a library. He had no idea about the specifics but remembered he had an overdue book to return. He felt like drinking a beer but had to leave for work and suddenly, for some reason he felt proud that he hadn’t taken any drugs in over 20 years, he liked beer because it helped him sleep. God Is. -Bob


 


May 24, 2024 21:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.