115 comments

Adventure

September 19th, 2021.


Dear Diary, How have you been? I know the last time i wrote in this was probably back in my First Year of Middle school, or was it somewhere in Elementary? I just didn't really...like writing in you.


I never really wanted a Diary anyway, why didn't i just throw you out when i first got you? Oh right, Rosie probably would have been upset and gotten me a new one.


Jeez i probably look or sound Crazy! Here i am, acting like this thing is alive. Why am i even writing this bit down?? I guess i should try not to question this stuff.


Well, I think I've written in you enough for today. I guess since i found you i'll start writing in you again. I wonder if anyone's gonna find this, will they think this is really weird?


September 22nd, 2021.


Hello Diary, here I am again like I promised. I won't do it everyday though i'll probably be busy or too lazy to even do it. Oh! I actually remember why Rosie had given me...you.


I think it was maybe a few days or a few weeks after she had adopted me. She had told me something like "Come on Jinx, if you write down everything that happened it would make you feel better"


Well Rosie, looks like it never did make me feel better. I tried writing in this thing a couple of times but it never did. I don't even think she knew that i stopped writing in this thing.


I heard her talking to someone over the phone yesterday, i wasn't entirely sure but i have a feeling it was with my old high-school. I've been out of school for almost two years, why was she even talking to them?


September 25th, 2021.


Are you serious? Wait- Hi Diary, was that better? who cares! I've been visiting Rosie and staying at the house for a week now and I've always had a strange feeling something was going on.


She had told me that she had been recently talking to people that went to my old high-school. She said that she was talking to my 'friends' and a few teachers.


Apparently, there was going to be a high-school reunion at some point. She hasn't told me WHEN it is because everyone's still trying to think of a date.


She told me that it would be good for me to see 'my friend's' or really anyone at the school. She wanted me to go to that stupid school again.


I've had to go there for a long time already before i Graduated, there's no way that i'm going back there. I'm an adult now i don't have to listen to Rosie. She's not my real mother.


September 28th, 2021.


Let's just stop the little introductions, there's no need for them. Who would even be listening or reading this? is there a weird Diary Ghost that i don't know about?


Rosie has still been trying to convince me that i HAVE to go to that high-school Reunion. "Honey, Your friend's will be so happy to see you!" she told me last night.


No matter what I've been doing she's still holding onto the hopes that i'll go. Right before i went to sleep she had also said "You don't have anyone at the college dear.."


Oh, you think that's MY fault Rosie? No one ever talks to me there or when i TRY to talk to them they walk away. I don't even have any sort of Room-mate there.


"Honey, your friend's will be so excited to see you! you should go" or "Jinx, i'm worried about you. you need to go talk to...anyone!" Blah blah blah. Mind your own Business Rosie.


Well Goodbye for now Diary, or whoever is really reading this. Ghost thing are you there? that would be so much better if there was one.


September 30th, 2021.


The Reunion has a date now. It's going to happen in a couple of days i think. Now that there IS an actual one happen, Rosie is gonna be all over me now.


One of the thing's that i know she's gonna do is try to find me a 'perfect' dress so i'll look amazing in front of my 'friends' Why can't she just understand?


It had started in sixth grade, at least i think. I kind of have a bad memory. In sixth grade that's when everyone found out I had been adopted by Rosie, a Widow.


Rosie's Husband, Ryder, had died from something unknown in his sleep. I think they had a kid before Rosie adopted me but i'm not entirely sure. I've heard a few thing's about the Kid but Rosie has never told me about it.


There were Bullies of course at the school, aren't there always? I hate them. Why do bullies even exist? what's the point in them? Ugh.


"Did your mom abandon you? HAH! good." I remembered one telling me. It hurt me yes, but it feels like a bully will just take anything and use it against someone.


"Hey did you just get a dog? HAH! i bet it's ugly and hates you." I imagined that being something one of them would say. More annoying than anything else now.


After maybe a couple of weeks when it had first started to happen i decided to tell Rosie. Though she never really believed me, no matter how many times i told her.


"Oh, stop joking around Jinx! tell me what fun you and your little friend's had today." She told me a bit annoyed one day. She thought that i was JOKING about all this.


Jeez did she think i was joking for all those years? For some reason, Yes, if she kept calling those people my friends. She had never really met them though, i'm surprised she never asked.


Though i know one thing about my REAL mother. I know she probably didn't hate me and abandon me, there had to be another reason. I was going to figure out why. I was going to find her.


October 3rd, 2021.


Well, today's the day i guess. Earlier in the morning Rosie made me put on a long blue and purple dress and some high heels. I hate dresses so much.


We actually didn't go to a shop to get this dress, it belonged to Rosie when she was about seventeen. I don't know how it did but the dress perfectly fit me.


The only good news that i could think of is that she was going to let me go there alone. She was busy anyway with some work, Perfect. Though i'm not going to that Stupid high school reunion.


She won't really notice when i'm gone though. She'll think i'm still at the reunion or heading back to my college now, which was a few hours away. I'm not doing any of those though.


I'm going to leave. I'm going to go in search for my REAL mother. I'm not going to go see my 'friends' and i'm never going back to Rosie. Good-bye.


September 25, 2020 22:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

115 comments

23:44 Sep 25, 2020

Great job!! Did you create this since you asked me or did you work on it before? Either way, that was really fast.

Reply

B. W.
23:49 Sep 25, 2020

I've been thinking of it for a while because i kinda just felt like it, and these are easier. I wanted to ask you because i didnt wanna seem like i was maybe copying or something. Did ya maybe have a favorite part? what did you think of Jinx and Rosie?

Reply

00:09 Sep 26, 2020

Cool! It wasn't copying at all. I didn't create the diary format. I liked the beginning.

Reply

B. W.
00:30 Sep 26, 2020

ya remember the idea i had for the Demi-god novel thing? i thought of the full plot now ^^

Reply

03:12 Sep 26, 2020

Cool! Do you want to tell me?

Reply

B. W.
03:51 Sep 26, 2020

The only thing i haven't thought of is the two mortal characters and how or why the demi-gods were enslaved but tell me what you think: All over the word demi-gods have been enslaved by mortals and some gods that hate them after discovering them though two mortals feel bad for Harmony, daughter of Iris and Lia (or Arren i'm not entirely sure on the next one) daughter of Lupa, now they must all get together and try to free all of the demi-gods

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
23:07 Sep 25, 2020

Yay, I'm the first comment! I love the diary format! Great job, as always! I am being 100% honest right now, it actually made me giggle to myself! Aww, my favorite character is Rosie, cause I really love her name! I loved the part where it says, "I just didn't really...like writing in you." That made me laugh! Good work!

Reply

B. W.
23:11 Sep 25, 2020

Yep i guess ya are ^^ yeah i was interested in the diary format so i decided to do it, and it's kind of easier. What did ya think of Jinx though? it's fine ya like Rosie ^^ but i'm just wondering. and thanks :) if you rated it, what would the rate be?

Reply

23:34 Sep 25, 2020

She was awesome! I love the way she talks!

Reply

B. W.
23:38 Sep 25, 2020

i think i might do more diary type things ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
23:34 Sep 25, 2020

I like the diary format a lot! Good job with it! I think I understood how Jinx originally was doubting writing in the diary, but then wrote in it every day. I liked that part and I liked Jinx :) Upvote for upvote? I lost quite a few points.

Reply

B. W.
23:38 Sep 25, 2020

Yeah sure we can go on a up-vote spree ^^ and thank's i'm glad you liked this story. What did you think of the ending?

Reply

Laiba M
23:52 Sep 25, 2020

I liked it! It lays a good foundation for the next part :)

Reply

B. W.
23:53 Sep 25, 2020

I'm not really sure if there'll be a second part, though i'm guessing ya want there to be one?

Reply

Laiba M
23:54 Sep 25, 2020

It's fine if not, it'll end on a cliffhanger! I'd always love to read more of your stories, and this one made me excited for the next part, but I also love cliffhangers :D

Reply

B. W.
23:58 Sep 25, 2020

Remember the Demi-god thing? i thought of the full plot now ^^ at least i think

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Fplldg Wakdwwdg
11:22 Sep 27, 2020

This diary format is really awesome. "Hey did you just get a dog? HAH! i bet it's ugly and hates you." Dialogue flow is really good. Just a few grammatical errors but they are nothing compared to my mistakes😆

Reply

B. W.
14:57 Sep 27, 2020

Yeah, though i decided to use it because i really had no idea on what to do for a story for a bit tbh. I think the Diary format is a bit easier so i decided to try it for once. I can go fix the small errors probably since i still have a while ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Monica Chaddick
01:03 Sep 27, 2020

Good story. I wasn't sure if the lower case 'i' was intentional or not. If it was, it goes a long way toward showing how Jinx feels about herself. If not, you might want to pay attention to that. Overall, though, I could definitely sympathize with the bullying, as I was bullied all through school myself.

Reply

B. W.
01:06 Sep 27, 2020

Thank you i'm glad ya enjoyed it ^^ No, I think i'll just go and fix that up, though that was kind of interesting. Did ya maybe have a favorite part with it?

Reply

Monica Chaddick
02:09 Sep 27, 2020

I like that she is giving her birth mother the benefit of the doubt. My two older brothers had to be put up for adoption ten years before I was born because my mother was single at the time and couldn't afford to feed them. They gave her the benefit of the doubt and we now have a relationship with them.

Reply

B. W.
02:19 Sep 27, 2020

Oh, i understand that it was because she couldn't really feed them and you said you have a relationship with em now but i'm sorry for that and that your husband died a little while ago. I saw it in your Bio

Reply

Monica Chaddick
02:28 Sep 27, 2020

Thank you. Monday is the one year anniversary of his death. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Reply

B. W.
02:32 Sep 27, 2020

No problem. and thanks, i hope you'll like them ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Molly Leasure
19:16 Sep 26, 2020

I like this story a lot. It has a charm to it in the way Jinx communicates with the diary (reader). I like to think we're ghosts too, Jinx. She has a very distinct voice and we understand her emotions without her, ironically, put them down on paper for us ;). I like the way you framed each moment in the pages. Good job :)!

Reply

B. W.
19:17 Sep 26, 2020

Thank you i'm glad that you liked it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part to it?

Reply

Molly Leasure
19:39 Sep 26, 2020

I think my favorite line is "ghost thing are you there?" But I also liked the way you wrote the background of Rosie's husband and child. It was brief, but it gave us all the information we needed on what made Rosie who she is.

Reply

B. W.
19:40 Sep 26, 2020

I made another story if ya wanna check it out and leave some feedback as well ^^ it's called "My older sister?"

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mandy Kehoe
16:54 Sep 26, 2020

I like the idea of writing into a diary! I think this could definitely be a good intro for a bigger story, with more action into it and story building. Overall good job, I could definitely see this as a topic for YA and middle school readers. Diary format makes it super easy to follow along. Nice job

Reply

B. W.
17:01 Sep 26, 2020

Thank's i'm glad you enjoyed it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part to it?

Reply

Mandy Kehoe
17:07 Sep 26, 2020

I liked how you talk to the diary like a long lost friend, and the ending was definitely intriguing.

Reply

B. W.
17:09 Sep 26, 2020

would ya ever want there to be a part 2?

Reply

Mandy Kehoe
17:10 Sep 26, 2020

yes!

Reply

B. W.
17:12 Sep 26, 2020

maybe you could help with it? any ideas?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Tia Castaway
16:47 Sep 26, 2020

Sorry I forgot my password for my old account so I made a new account.... Loved this story!!!!

Reply

B. W.
17:00 Sep 26, 2020

that's alright and thank's i'm glad ya did ^^

Reply

Tia Castaway
17:04 Sep 26, 2020

Is there going to be a part 2

Reply

B. W.
17:05 Sep 26, 2020

I'm not sure, i feel like it could be a stand-alone thing

Reply

Tia Castaway
17:05 Sep 26, 2020

Aw...ok

Reply

B. W.
17:06 Sep 26, 2020

I mean you could help me think of a part 2 if you want?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I just kind of stumbled upon this, but I’m really glad ai did! This was so cute, and I loved the format. (Maybe I’ll try writing in a diary-entries format some day 🤔)

Reply

B. W.
03:43 Sep 26, 2020

Thank's i'm glad you liked it ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Artemisia Pearl
17:56 Sep 27, 2020

I really liked how you built up the hate Jinx had for Rosie. I hate hate for Rosie, too at.one point in the story. Like don't call Jinx 'honey,' you aren't her mom. Ugh! I like the way you got me attached to the main character!

Reply

B. W.
18:20 Sep 27, 2020

Thank's i'm glad ya liked it :) did you maybe have a favorite part for it?

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
02:39 Sep 28, 2020

I think I liked the end where she liberates herself from Rosie and just ditches the reunion.

Reply

B. W.
02:52 Sep 28, 2020

do ya think there would be a part 2?

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
03:14 Sep 28, 2020

Maybe. And in part 2 I think that Jinx might find her clues about her mom, but she realizes that Rosie is her real mom and she was the kid Rosie 'lost.'

Reply

B. W.
03:23 Sep 28, 2020

what- i mean that's a good plot twist but what? i kinda already put in that Jinx was adopted when she was like nine or something not like right after she was born or something. I hope i'm not sounding rude or anything but could ya explain it a bit more? though she even said "it had been a few days or weeks after she had adopted me that she gave me...you" or something along those lines.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Zilla Babbitt
13:51 Sep 27, 2020

You asked me to read, so here I am. Much better! The grammar, while it’s not ALL there, is still an improvement from your older ones. As with your other ones, the substance is all there, which is great. I’ve taken the “manuscript” and corrected the grammar, pasted below. If you want (and you don’t have to) you can copy paste my version back into yours. I didn’t change substance, just grammar. Questions/comments are in brackets. September 19th, 2021. Dear Diary, How have you been? I know the last time I wrote in this, I was probably bac...

Reply

B. W.
15:02 Sep 27, 2020

Thanks, i'm glad ya liked it ^^ yeah i guess i agree on that my Grammar and some of the other stuff is way better now. Yes in the part where she says "i'm surprised she never asked." she was meaning "I'm surprised she never asked to meet them." but i thought that everyone would already know what she was talking about in it. I'll maybe copy and paste that stuff onto it to fix the thing, though maybe. Thank's for the help with it at least though ^^ did you maybe ever have a favorite part for it?

Reply

Zilla Babbitt
22:08 Sep 27, 2020

No trouble! Yes, I liked the bully part, where she illustrates how she was abused. I mean, I know that was awful but you wrote it well.

Reply

B. W.
22:11 Sep 27, 2020

wait i did?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
C.j 🤍
04:02 Sep 26, 2020

I really liked the story!!! It was one of the best story’s I have read!!! Is there going to be part 2?

Reply

B. W.
04:06 Sep 26, 2020

I think it might be a stand-alone thing unless someone could help me think of a part 2 for it

Reply

C.j 🤍
14:23 Sep 26, 2020

Ok.........

Reply

B. W.
16:27 Sep 26, 2020

well if you have an idea for it tell me

Reply

C.j 🤍
17:01 Sep 26, 2020

Ok I will

Reply

B. W.
17:04 Sep 26, 2020

thanks

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Itay Frenkel
02:27 Sep 26, 2020

I enjoyed the diary format, it's great to see people experimenting with unique ways to write a story. It was funny to see how reluctant Jinx was to write in the diary, honestly, I tried keeping one a while ago and it didn't work out, so I can relate. Way to go!

Reply

B. W.
02:30 Sep 26, 2020

Thank's i'm glad ya liked this one as well ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part, what did you think of the ending for it?

Reply

Itay Frenkel
02:40 Sep 26, 2020

I didn't have a favorite part per se, but I liked some of the funny things Jinx wrote in the diary. The ending was quite strong, and it sets up a good chance for a continuation if that's something you chose to do.

Reply

B. W.
02:44 Sep 26, 2020

Hm, i could at least try to make a part 2 for it at some point maybe. I think i'll keep doing more diary things ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
23:21 Sep 25, 2020

Wow, this was amazing! I really loved how you used the Diary format! I loved it!!!!! Great job!

Reply

B. W.
23:24 Sep 25, 2020

Thank's i'm glad you enjoyed it ^^ what did you think about Jinx, did ya maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

Avery G.
23:37 Sep 25, 2020

Jinx was interesting- how she was adopted and how she wanted to find her real mother I really liked this part: Are you serious? Wait- Hi Diary, was that better? That cracked me up. When I did keep a diary (it didn't turn out so well. I forgot to write in it) I did that exact same thing.

Reply

B. W.
23:39 Sep 25, 2020

Hm, what did ya think of the ending for it though?

Reply

Avery G.
23:41 Sep 25, 2020

It was good! I really liked the surprise twist! Also, I put you in my bio! :D

Reply

B. W.
23:42 Sep 25, 2020

Aww thank you ^^ would ya ever want there to be a part 2 or something?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Tempest Wright
20:48 Oct 25, 2020

I loved this! I love the diary format and the brutal honesty of Jinx. I relate to her character so much. I dont know if you meant this, but it looks like Rosie is struggling to live vicariosly through her adopted daughter... did I get that right? I'm interested on how her search for her mom goes!!

Reply

B. W.
20:51 Oct 25, 2020

Actually, i'm not really sure if there'll ever be a part 2 or anything like that for this story, it might just be a stand-alone thing. It's been a pretty long time as well since I did this, so I don't think I will. Did you maybe have a favorite part or was it how brutally honest Jinx was or the Diary format?

Reply

Tempest Wright
21:02 Oct 25, 2020

I liked how Jinx's personality is seen through the diary format and how relatable she is. Can't say I have a favorite part per say, but I enjoyed her character.😊

Reply

B. W.
21:07 Oct 25, 2020

IF there was going to be a part 2, whats some stuff you'd want to happen?

Reply

Tempest Wright
22:28 Oct 25, 2020

Well I guess you'd have to get her somewhere to start, which I haven't thought of. But Rosie is very controlling had has a past that kind of hints she lost a child, and I just feel like there's some dark secrets worth exploring in that adoption process...if there was a process....now I'm rambling😂

Reply

B. W.
22:30 Oct 25, 2020

"if there was a process" ya think she might have kidnapped Jinx or something?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
15:54 Sep 27, 2020

<removed by user>

Reply

B. W.
16:20 Sep 27, 2020

Thank's, i'm glad ya liked it ^^ yeah i plan to try and get grammarly or something else to help me, if i don't forget because thats what keeps happening. did ya maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Charles Stucker
23:31 Sep 26, 2020

In sixth grade that's when everyone found out she had been adopted by Rosie, a Widow. - first person "I had been adopted." I'm not correcting grammar here because it's the journal of someone who sounds like they phoned in high school. Unless they're an English major, college probably won't improve their composition skills. Using diary entries is an old method. Famously, Bram Stoker's Dracula is told entirely by diary entries, as is Daniel Keyes's well known Flowers for Algernon. The protagonist comes across as a teen, not a twenty-som...

Reply

B. W.
23:51 Sep 26, 2020

That's fine, i could wait ^^ i understand if your a bit busy. I was having some trouble with what to do with these prompts so i decided to do the two stories like a diary. I've never done it before so it sounded a bit interesting and i'm kinda glad that i did the two stories like a diary. I mean the thing you said with "She had been adopted" was a complete accident since i never really do first person and i really do third person tbh so i kinda already went and edited that last bit.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.