0 comments

Adventure Science Fiction Fantasy

"This place is as lively as it has ever been." A bored tone mumbled to oneself, walking down the streets Cliff had never felt more bored in their entire existence. A normal human being would die to be able to see such a sight, but to the entity, it was just another market place. Looking up, the redhead saw the vastness of space. The market was in a dome-like structure that floated in the void, the top half had been made to be see-through so that visitors would have a great view. All-around species of many types, shapes, and sizes walked through the streets. Looking at the variety of goods the marketplace offered, the only reason Cliff was even there, to begin with, was just sheer boredom. It had been many years since anything remotely intriguing had taken place in the life of Cliff. 


Those mismatched eyes made them only stick out more as it was an oddity for someone of that particular species, one eye the color of peridot and the other one gold like the center of a daisy flower. Adjusting those rectangular black-framed glasses, Cliff began to walk again, no reason to loaf around if nothing was going to happen. Before any more thoughts came to their mind, a hooded figure would crash into them, "Hey! watch where you are going!" Cliff snapped, agitated at the other's carelessness. Getting up and patting off the dirtied black pants, they continued to their lecture. "You should be embarrassed for dirtying such a fine maiden's clothes!" The self-proclaimed maiden scolded, waiting for an apology, they didn't move from their spot. 


Unfortunately for the disgruntled maiden, none came. Leaning down to get a better look at the life-form, they didn't get much unable to see from under the cloak. "Jeez, just be more careful." The entity said in a slightly calmer tone. 'This place completely sucks!' Cliff thought to themselves turning heel, they began walking back in the direction of their ship. 'I got to get out of this place.' was the thought that went through their mind, all that Cliff wanted was something to do. But noooooo! It had to be ruined! 'Well, it wasn't even that fun anyway!' the redhead thought, nodding in reassurance despite knowing that was quite the impolite thing to say, the "angel" stayed in denial of their wrongdoings. 


As the redhead arrived, something immediately stuck out. Red brow now twitching, the mismatched eyed entity stared at a ship with no engine. Trembling in absolute anger, this pushed the self-proclaimed maiden off the edge. Stomping back to the market place they looked around for somewhere that sold the part. Yes, there were plenty of them. But ones that sold the specific engine needed was a much more difficult task, and for the next few hours, Cliff would end up going to multiple stands only to be disappointed in the results. Just as the poor maiden was going to give up, something caught their eye, almost as if it was a gift from the heavens, there was the engine that they needed! Grateful for the stroke of luck, glasses hurried over to the stand, a smile stayed on the face of the divine being until a certain someone popped up. 


In just an instant, that hope was shattered. Remembering that particular cloak and figure, Cliff almost died right there. Before the rude being could sneak away, that someone spotted them. "Where are you going?" a surprisingly feminine and familiar tone called out, pushing those hints out, they turned as red as their hair, turning around to face the other, they responded. "EH?! I-I mean h-hi!" At this point, the redhead was a mess, not knowing what to do. Karma was taking its toll on the being. What should they do?! That..whatever or whoever it was, they had the engine that was needed to get out. But with the previous encounter, this moment was humiliating. "Is this what you are looking for?" they asked, turning their attention to the ship engine. "U-uh yeah, actually yes." Stumbling over words, Cliff had never felt more like a fool, wanting to disappear at that moment, but the maiden knew what was needed to be done. "Well, you can't have it." The figure put. Collapsing onto their knees in defeat, Cliff never had felt so ashamed. "I wouldn't have given you this in the first place but taking a closer look." The cloaked being walked over to the defeated redhead before stepping back once more.


"Wha-?!" Looking up in confusion, the "deity" now craved answers. "Listen, just follow me." The tone was calm, having no malice in it. Looking at Cliff, who was still on their knees, the supposed female made a motion for them to follow. Making their way to the back, they both came into a dimly lit room. There was a desk to the right covered in blueprints, the smell of incense hit like bricks causing the odd eyed visitor to cough. Turning around to face Cliff, the figure made sure no one else was around. Deeming it safe the cloak came off, revealing a slim woman. She had blood red hair with red eyes as well. Looking to be in her late 20's, early 30's Cliff gasped. "ANGIE?!" The shocked visitor cried out, giving a smile, the woman chuckled. Taking everything in, the angel became doubtful. "What are the chances, huh?" Squinting at the other redhead in front of them, Cliff wasn't about to take the risk yet. A chuckle escaped Cliff's supposed ally. Without needing the goofball to ask, she pulled down her red long sleeve. There on her right arm was a golden tattoo. It had the appearance of a staff with what looked like three scratch marks over it.


Not wasting another second, the skeptical strawberry pulled their sleeve down as well. On their right arm was a tattoo similar to Angie's, but instead of claw marks, it had two sets of wings on the staff. Holding their tattoos across from each other, they waited for a few seconds. Then both of the markings began to glow, emitting warm light, this was confirmation of their legitimacy. "IT'S REALLY YOU!!!" Cliff jumped at Angie hugging the female, hugging back the woman began to talk once more. "Anyway, I have been trying to get out of here for months! Thank goodness you showed up!" Letting go of Cliff, she stepped back. "W-What?! You have been here for months!?" The other asked, shocked at the news. "Yep! My ship got disassembled when I was stopping by to check the place, all stolen." She gave a disapproving sigh, "But now that you're here, I have a chance of getting out." Cliff nodded, wanting to leave as much as she did. 


The two caught up quickly before Angie grabbed the engine and put the cloak over herself, confused, the uncloaked redhead opened their mouth to ask. "I don't have the best reputation here." She answered before they could ask, "Ok then-" They responded, knowing that the other probably wouldn't have given answers anyway. Making haste, the two would walk back out into the crowded streets. The trip to the ship went smoothly as they maneuvered around the crowds and to their destination. Angie would replace the engine while Cliff waited inside, biting nails in anticipation, something had to go wrong. Hours that passed felt like years to the mismatched eyed being, losing patience, they stood up and walked to the opening of the ship to check on the other. 


Before they could even walk to the ground, a gun would-be pointed at their head. Letting out a chuckle, Cliff looked at their surrounded ship. "Put your hands up." The man holding a gun to Cliff's head ordered. All of the surrounding guards wore suits with visors that covered their faces, complying with him, Cliff put both hands up in the air. Their eyes curiously looked around and saw Angie, who had been pinned to the ground with multiple guns pointed at her. "Are you sure you should be looking at mwah? I do love the attention but not this kind! How about look at the nice view?" Cliff continued to talk nonsense, Angie stayed still, trusting Cliff on this. "Yes, yes! The view is nice! How about look at it in-" Before they could continue, the gun that had previously been pointing at the strawberry's head was now against it. "Ok! Ok! Just don't say I didn't warn you." Their tone became ominous at the end, a smile graced Cliff's features revealing their shark-like teeth. 


Only seconds later, a loud pop was heard. Jumping back, the unpinned redhead chuckled. Alarms rang at the breach of the dome, the spot where the officer had been was now completely black. All that remained was a pile of dust and quite the small rock, the others looked on in horror giving Angie the perfect opportunity to act. Overpowering the two that held her down, she moved quickly to prevent getting shot at performing multiple flips. One unfortunate soul's head would get caught between her ankles mid flip getting slammed down into the ground, Cliff felt Angie grab the collar of their shirt, practically throwing them into the ship. Before the odd eyed redhead could react, Angie was already in the pilot's seat. Starting up the ship, Cliff noticed that their friend had not closed the hatch. "A-Angie!" They called out. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw the problem. "Just shut the damn hatch then! Don't sit around like an idiot!!" The woman practically screamed. 


Instantly the angel found themselves moving to the hatch. They grabbed the handle pulling it up. But it wasn't closed before Cliff got shot right in the wrist. They cried out before biting their lip using their other hand to shut it. The ship came to life as Angie managed to take off, stumbling into the seat, Cliff grabbed hold of it for dear life. Feeling the force go to their stomach, the passenger tried not to throw up. "This is going to be a close one." Angie yelled over the roaring engine, blaring alarm, and the alerts going off in the ship itself. Looking to the front, the maiden saw the forcefield closing. Flipping a few switches, Angie gave an intense stare at what was in front of them. "Reaching top speed in ten." Came a robotic voice, both Angie's and Cliff's faces wore a desperate look as they approached the barrier. "Nine, eight, seven-" Cliff would intervene, "I DON'T THINK WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT!!" They'd yell. "SHUT THE HELL UP!" The woman retorted. Closer and closer, it felt like the two were approaching their demise, shaking violently, the ship would be only a few feet from the ever closing forcefield. "Reaching top speed in three-" The robotic voice continued in a monotone tone despite the tension only increasing. "Two-" Cliff gave a scream seeing their escape route closing quicker than anticipated while Angie gripped her chair so tightly that it broke a piece off. "One."

November 08, 2020 05:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.