22 comments

General

12/2/2009

Dear Diary,

Today is my 7th birthday!!! Im so happy! Mommy got me a diary for a gift. Thats you! The cover is very pretty, it's all sparkly and has pink polkadots on it! Daddy got me a teddy bear. Its really nice too. Its fluffy and brown, so Im naming him Mr. Fluffers. All my friends in my class are coming to my house tomorrow to have a party with me. Mommy says that they will all bring me gifts too!Yayyyyyyy! I will talk to you about it tomorow. 


Bye!

-Princess Alex


12/3/2009

Dear Diary,

Its almost the party! Yay! Mommy went to the cake store yesterday and she got a yummy looking chocolate cake! We are ganna eat it when we do the party. Molly said she can come and so did Cassy. Nobody else did, but Mommy said more people will come even if they didnt say. Daddy, Mommy, Jordan who is my big sister and me all ate a different cake yesterday and had our own small party. It was fun but todays party will be funner. The party is ganna start soon! I have to go wear my new dress and princess crown. I am dressing like Sophia the first, my favorite princess.


Bye!

-Princess Alex


3/2/2011

Dear Diary,

I’m sorry for not writing. I got a new bed. It’s so nice and has princesses on it. I got to get new blankets with it since I passed tests so now everything is like new in my room. Jordan says that my room is nicer than hers when she was in the third grade. She's really nice to me. Yesterday, we watched a movie together in her room. It was called My little pony equestria girls.I loved it. Nothing else really new happened. Except….Molly moved away. I’m so sad. We were bffs. She went to live in Canada now. I feel sorry for her because she probab;y doesn’t know the language over there. Since I still don’t have a phone, I can’t talk to her anymore, but sometimes Mom lets me use her phone. Molly is so lucky. She is pretty and has a phone and has a pet dog. I wish I was her. 


Bye,

-Princess Alex

12/1/2011

Dear Diary,

Tomorrow is my birthday! I am in fourth grade now. We watched Tangled yesterday in Jordan’s room and now Rapunzel is my favorite princess. I’m happy about it because on my bed, she is the biggest one. I can’t find Mr. Fluffers anywhere. Maybe that is a good thing though. Jane, a new girl in my school, says that Teddy bears are for babies. She is kind of mean. For my birthday party, I am making it Tangled themed. I invited all the girls in my class, even Jane. Mom says that if someone is mean to you, don’t be mean back. Molly is still in Canada. I am so dumb though. I read my other diary stuff and I saw that I thought they speak a different language there. They speak mostly english, like in America. I got a new bff though. His name is Peter and he's really nice and funny. I wanted to invite him to my party but Mom said no. I wonder why. I will talk tomorrow after the party, I promise.


Bye,

Alex


1/25/2014

Dear Diary,

I am in middle school now! I can’t believe it. I found you when we were cleaning out my room and they were moving my old bed. We’re moving to a new house and I finally get a new bed. Everything is so new at school. We don’t walk in lines anymore and instead of in a desk, you put your stuff in your locker. We even change our clothes before gym class! Peter still goes to the same school and is in all my classes. He got a haircut yesterday and it looks really nice. I’m sorry I haven’t been writing but I’ve been really busy. I’m in clubs now. Middle school is the most weird because we have different teachers for every subject of the day. People in my class like Jane and Sally keep talking about boys and crushes. It’s really weird because I don’t know what they are. I’m asking mom tomorrow and I’ll update you. There are some really mean girls here. There are also a lot of new people from other elementary schools. I made tons of new friends, but Peter is still my bff. I don’t know why Mom and Dad are so weird when he comes over. All his friends are also weird when I sit with him at lunch sometimes. I really don’t know why. Maybe they think I’m weird. Oh well. I don’t really care. Anyway, back to moving. Mom’s pregnant so we are going to a bigger house where everyone will have their own room. I also play the saxophone now, so Mom wants me to have my own space in the basement to practice since it’s so loud. My new bed is made of oak wood. It looks really pretty. I’m so glad to finally not have a princess one. Every year on my birthday, people used to make fun of it. I also finally got my own phone. It’s the most recent phone, the iphone 6+. I have snap-chat, instagram and some games. I can’t believe mom and dad let me get social media. Some of my friends who’ve had phones for years aren’t allowed. Peter and I mostly text every day, but all my other friends just send me streaks. Besides band, the other clubs I do are student council, drama club, and I’m on the swimming team. Everything is going pretty well. I’ll try to talk often, but I am very busy now, so this time I won’t make any promises.


Bye,

Alex


4/3/2014

Dear Diary,

AHHHHH. I don’t know how to feel. This is so weird to even write. I think I have a crush. On Peter. My best friend. I'm going to dieeeeeeeeee of embarrassment. Today at lunch, one of his other friends came to sit with him, and he asked what my name was, and I said Alex and then he was like, isn’t that a boy name, and I was like, well it’s really alexandra and ohhhhhhhmyyyyyygodddddddd. And then Peter agreed so now I officially am going to go by Alexandra only. I think I figured out I have a crush on him last week when he picked up my pen for me after I dropped it. Ughhh. I told Olivia yesterday. She’s one of my closest new friends. She keeps making weird faces at me whenever I go to sit with him. She says we should use a code name if we want to talk about him so no one knows and we’ve decided on Apple because he always brings one to lunch. I’m going to use it here too just to get used to it. Anyway I haven’t been writing because I had Drama like every day until 6 so I was too busy to even finish all my homework. Apple is also in drama. He’s so good at acting. Ugh, why do I think about him in everything now??? I guess I get what Jane was saying now. Oh well.


Bye,

Alexandra


6/12/2014

Dear Diary,

I’m writing to you from school because it’s finally the last day!!!!!! I’m so happy it’s finally summer. We’re signing yearbooks soon. I’m so nervous. I want to ask Apple to sign mine but I don’t want him to think I like him, even though I do. I’ll figure out a way. Olivia says I should just play it cool and normal, and act like I don’t like him. After all, we are still best friends like before. Yesterday, my parents asked me why he hasn’t been coming over and I had to sit down with my mom and talk about it. It was so embarrassing. Jordan even came into the room with us. Ugh. She has a boyfriend now. His name is Gabe and he’s pretty nice. She’s a junior and he’s a sophomore. That means 11th and 10th grade. Jordan said that once I’m in high school, I can ask Peter to be my boyfriend, and mom said it depends on how responsible I am. As if I’d even ask. There’s no way in a million years that he likes me back. Whatever. She said that anyway boys usually ask girls first, so that’s just great. I have to go, someone’s coming over here. Wait a minute… I think it’s Apple!!!


Bye,

Alexandra


2/5/2017

Dear Diary,

I’m a freshman in highschool now. I can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve written. I found you while I was cleaning my room the other day, and I decided to write today. Well, I have a boyfriend now. It’s not Peter. His name is Carlos Liable. He asked me out in January, and I decided to say yes. It turns out he’s really funny and nice and I’m glad I said yes. Well, anyway, the reason I decided that it was important enough to write today was because today was my first kiss. Carlos and I were on our 9th date. We were going mountain climbing and he kissed me at the top of the ledge when we were ringing the bell. It wasn’t a long kiss,but it was still great. I told Jordan, but I didn't tell Mom yet.. Jordan says I better tell her before she finds out. Oh well. Anyway, looking at my last entry, it was Apple who came over to me. He asked me to sign HIS yearbook so then I told him to sign mine. I was so crazy then. Well... HIgh school is meh. I’m doing cheer and am still in student council. Other than that, it’s pretty similar to middle school. Thankfully, Olivia still goes to my school and we have a lot of classes together. I want to do a bunch of AP classes in the next few years, and to be president of student council. But, I guess I shouldn’t be thinking too far and focus on the now. It’s getting late, so I’ll close for today. I probably won’t talk tomorrow either, so sorry in advance!


Bye,

Alexandra


2/14/2017

Dear Diary,

AHHHHH. Today is Valentine's Day! Carlos is literally so sweet! He bought me a box of chocolates and a huge bunch of roses. On top of that, he decorated my locker AND wore a suit to school today. Of course, I bought him chocolate and flowers too, and came to school dressed in a red dress. We went to the movies today, for our 11th date, and he gave me a beautiful silver necklace. I can’t believe it, I’m still in 9th grade and he treats me like this! Jordan said that Gabe started buying her things this year. Well, she texted.. I didn’t mention in the last entry that she’s in college already. I really think Carlos and I could be together for at least all of high school. Oh my god… What am I implying to myself??? Do I want us to get married??? I’m just going to end this entry for fear of embarrassing myself any further.

Bye,

Alexandra


5/3/2019

Dear Diary,

Wow. It’s been like 2 years. I honestly cannot believe how fast time is passing. I just saw you peeking out of my stack of papers in my drawer. Today, we got our results for the SAT….. I got a 1546!!!!! I’m literally so happy, my cheeks hurt from smiling so hard. After talking with my career counselor for hours last week, I’ve decided to be a surgeon after college. My score only increases my chances of getting into a good medical school. Mom is letting me apply to 4 colleges. I’ve chosen Yale, University of Chicago, Oxford, and Cornell. I really hope I get into Yale. It’s my dream school. Carlos and I went on a celebratory date to the pool since he got over 1450 too. He’s applying to the same school as me so we can stay close. Since we can both drive now, I’ve lost count of the dates we’ve been on. I just feel so happy and I’m so thankful for all the good things in my life right now. Anyway, I better go get started on my 4 application essays. They are due in September, but you can never be too early!


Bye,

Alexandra


7/23/2021

Dear Diary,

Wow. I don’t want to say it, but things have really gone downhill since the last time we talked. Wrote. Whatever. The coronavirus really hit everyone hard. Jordan caught it. She recovered, but it was really bad. My first year of college was cancelled, and it was all online. Mom and Dad divorced. Ugh. Well, at least one good thing did happen. Carlos and I got accepted to Oxford! Although it wasn’t my first choice school, I’m still so happy. I’m living in London now, in a dorm with a girl named Daisy. She’s pretty cool but I miss Olivia. It’s summertime, but they let some people stay if they want to since London is a long way from America, where a lot of the students are from. And…...yeah. I guess I was quick to place the bad news over the good news. I’m on the pathway to become a surgeon. I’m officially putting you away in my memory box for future me to rifle through. Before I go, here's some things to say to future me. I hope all your dreams came true. I hope you're saving lives. I hope you are still in touch with your family. Most of all, I hope you’re happy, because that’s what’s most important.


Goodbye,

Alexandra


4/5/2042

Dear Diary,

Wow. Looking through my memory box, I only had the intention of looking at old awards and cards, not finding you. I forgot I had even written you. Now, the memories of sitting in my bed at night are coming back to me as clear as day. The pink sparkles on your cover have mostly worn away, but you're still as lovely as I remember you. To answer my hopes in my last entry, most of my dreams have come true. Carlos and I have been married for 13 years now and have 2 wonderful children named Thalia and Jim. They’re twins. I’m a general surgeon and save lives every day of my life. Carlos is an accountant, so he mostly works from home. I still contact my family, and Jordan and I go on small vacations every 3 years or so. Peter and I met again in a production of Hamilton and are friends again. Sadly, I can’t find Olivia anywhere, even on facebook. I should be thinking only of the positive though. Thalia is calling me. I better go.. I’m about to give her the old journey doll I just found in my memory box.


Goodbye forever,

Dr. Liable


April 10, 2020 17:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

22 comments

Sarah Freeman
14:20 Jul 22, 2020

I really love how you made Alexandra go from Princess Alex to Dr. Liable. It portrays how a girl evolves from princess to professional surgeon with kids and a husband. I love it!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nirosha P
22:10 Jul 21, 2020

I know a lot of people has said this, but you described Alex perfectly from young to old! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
14:43 Jul 01, 2020

Beautiful!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Whitney Trang
16:21 Jun 29, 2020

I loved this story! I loved how you changed her voice appropriately depending on Alex's age. Really felt like I was reading someone's diary!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jennifer Gardner
02:29 Apr 16, 2020

I love a happy ending. Great story!

Reply

Amany Sayed
13:34 Apr 16, 2020

Thanks so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:28 Apr 15, 2020

The fact that she changed her name throughout the different entries was one of my favorite parts. Our names are a big part of our identity, and you captured that essense nicely. Well done.

Reply

Amany Sayed
18:32 Apr 15, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Eian Wright
20:43 Apr 14, 2020

I enjoyed this story. You did a great job of making the characters sound their age.

Reply

Amany Sayed
21:15 Apr 14, 2020

Thanks! I felt that with the prompt, it was important to do that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Next up on my marathon of your older stories, and this was also great! I love this character you portrayed who really changes over the course of years and years. Princess Alex/Alexandra/Dr. Liable (LOL) Is, like, the definition of a dynamic character. Nice work! ~A (P. S. I love how enthusiastic 7-year-old Princess Alex is, especially about Mr. Fluffers!)

Reply

Amany Sayed
23:06 Aug 07, 2020

Thank you soooo much. Haha, yes, had to let her youth show through.

Reply

😆

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
04:52 Feb 19, 2021

lol Olivia is dead isn't she

Reply

Amany Sayed
04:55 Feb 19, 2021

... Yes. lol

Reply

22:41 Feb 19, 2021

XD HAHA

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:18 Aug 13, 2020

Nice!!!

Reply

Amany Sayed
21:16 Aug 13, 2020

Thank You!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
C.J Dunstall
00:13 Jul 24, 2020

oh my goodness. this story touched my heart

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dhwani Jain
13:50 May 21, 2022

This was sooooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Amany Sayed
03:38 May 23, 2022

Thank you! And thanks for your reading on so many of my stories! I appreciate it.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
03:49 May 23, 2022

😊🥰👍 So, where are you from?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.