150 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

October 1st, 2031.

The four of us had finally arrived at the camp today, luckily nothing terrible had happened on our way there. There was me, my sister, Harper, and then our two friends Gray and Ace.

The place seemed much larger than what our parents had described it, though it had been several years since they were here. Maybe it ended up getting remodeled? That seems like a good explanation.

One of the camp counselors had been waiting and greeted us at the gate and motioned for us to follow him. He had been showing us where we'd be staying, if I'm being honest we'd probably just get lost. Or at least one of us that is, probably Gray.

Though once we were reaching the greek area of the camp, that's when he looked at me with this startling look (or at least that's what I think it was.) "Oh, Cleo was it? The Egyptian part of the camp is near the edge of the camp, you'll know it when you see it."

I doubt there'd be a lot of Egyptian demi-gods here though, it could possibly just be me. This place was mostly for Greek and Roman demi-gods, maybe even some other ones I don't know yet.

I'll go look around to see what other ones there are once I'm settled down.

October 2nd, 2031.

Oh wait a minute, I should probably fully introduce myself. How could I forget?

My name is Cleo, and I'm actually the daughter of Anubis. You probably have a couple of questions by now, and it's a simple little answer. I'm adopted.

Harper had actually given me this thing a couple years ago, and now I'm actually using it to do this. There's been a lot of things I've been wanting to spill out.

According to my adoptive parents, they could never find my real mother, and Anubis apparently didn't want me. Harper and I would always say that my mother "Left to go get milk and hasn't come back."

It doesn't really bother me that much though, I don't think I'd like being with my actual mother. She probably wouldn't even try to do anything with me. I think it's probably way better with Harper and my adoptive parents.

I should probably get going now, apparently Ace wants to take us to something or someone that he found. He said that it was supposed to be a surprise, so he hasn't explained everything yet.

October 3rd, 2031.

Well...I can at least say that the thing he showed us was quite interesting. The way he had explained to us was just, "I was looking at the old part of the camp and decided to explore, because why not? And then I found this thing."

I'm not exactly sure how Gray or Harper never noticed him leaving to do this though, she had told me that all three of them were staying in the same cabin. Maybe he did it when they were asleep or something?

Though apparently, this 'thing' that Ace had found a while ago, was an old and destroyed building. It looked like it had kind of fallen apart suddenly and without warning, at least that's what I felt happened.

You wouldn't even be able to tell what it had previously been, everything was just destroyed. None of us had decided to tell anyone else about this though, what would they even do? Maybe others already knew.

"You're going to get yourself hurt, stop it right now!" This was really only one of the moments I remembered from it, Gray had to keep him from getting into the rubble.

"Oh come on G, I'm not going to get hurt! I'll try and be really careful!"

Thankfully, he didn't get the chance to do any of that and we all left. I guess that was the first really interesting thing that happened so far.

October 7th, 2031.

I kind of forgot to write in this for the last couple of days, though barely anything happened if I'm being honest. There was another Egyptian Demi-god that I saw, but they disappeared before I could go to them.

Maybe I'll try to look for them later and talk to them, though I'm not sure. They might just want to be left alone or not be with anyone else.

Though that wasn't really the important thing at the moment, there was something else that I need to talk about. It's been happening for the past couple of years, though it started happening a bit more recently.

I always hear a lot of yelling or just a whisper, one was a female voice, the other one would sometimes be an echoey male voice. One of the main words I could always hear was simply just "Cleo!" it always seemed angry or concerned.

There were always some other words that they'd say besides that, but I could never understand it. The words always sounded like they were being said angrily.

This barely happens as it's sort of rare, though sometimes...I see something like a little me and a large shadowy figure near or in front of her.

I'm not sure what this even means, and I don't think I want to know...at least not yet.

October 9th, 2031.

I couldn't really help myself and decided to tell Harper what had been going on a few hours ago. I never explained everything though, we'd be here for a long time if I did. I just explained a small bit of it.

Luckily she didn't think I was crazy or something and then try to ignore me, she actually had agreed to try and help me with this! Though I'm not exactly sure what we'll do...

We were going to be at this camp for a long time though, and maybe something here would help us find out what was going on. Maybe we could even get Ace and Gray to help the two of us.

January 01, 2021 19:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

150 comments

Wow! I see you have started a new series! I really enjoyed this story B! Great job! :)

Reply

B. W.
20:01 Jan 01, 2021

Did you maybe have a favorite thing about it or anything like that?

Reply

All of it. I really liked the idea of this story. It was a great way to start the new year. :)

Reply

B. W.
21:14 Jan 01, 2021

Would ya wanna see another part of this at some point?

Reply

Of course I would!

Reply

B. W.
22:53 Jan 01, 2021

What do ya think will happen in the next part?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Is this Percy Jackson related? If not, its still super rad! Great job!

Reply

B. W.
21:13 Jan 01, 2021

It sort of is, because Percy Jackson inspired me to do the original series on here and then I finally decided to do the spin off, have you seen the original one I did?

Reply

Hmm no, I'm gonna look right now tho!

Reply

B. W.
21:33 Jan 01, 2021

I can tell you the stories that were part of it if ya want? That way it would be easier to find them and all that.

Reply

B. W.
22:51 Jan 01, 2021

1. the goddess child 2. the camp 3. not his fault 4. her arrival 5. getting her back

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
19:09 Jan 01, 2021

This might be a little terrible, and I'm sorry if it is, also any other ideas for the name? I kinda don't like this one. Below this will be some extra things that you all should probably know. 1. Ace and Gray are the sons of Lia and Zio, they'll appear more in the later parts and all that. Each character will have a POV for one story at some point. 2. All the parts aren't going to be like a diary, this might just be for Cleo at some points. 3. Harper is the daughter of Harmony and Arren. 4. Like Anubis, Cleo actually has the head of a jackal...

Reply

Show 0 replies

great cliffhanger excited to see where you take this story. im doing a reading spree of all your stories so if you see me liking and commenting a lot thats why :)

Reply

B. W.
00:48 Jan 05, 2021

Thanks so much ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
02:18 Jan 02, 2021

Wow, I really enjoyed the story~ I love the incorporation of Egyptian mythology! It's so fun to read. I liked reading about the part with Cleo hearing voices out of nowhere. I can't wait to see the reason behind it!

Reply

B. W.
02:23 Jan 02, 2021

I've only really done Roman and Greek mythology, though I finally decided with this that I'd do some Egyptian mythology and some other things. What's something you'd wanna see in the next part?

Reply

Laiba M
14:54 Jan 02, 2021

I'm glad you decided that! As I said, I'd love to see the reason why Cleo hears voices :) Great job, Ri~~

Reply

B. W.
17:11 Jan 02, 2021

Is there any other sort of mythology you'd wanna see in this?

Reply

Laiba M
17:12 Jan 02, 2021

Maybe Norse?

Reply

B. W.
17:18 Jan 02, 2021

Who are some Norse gods and goddesses though?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Phoebe DeNeve
00:13 Feb 18, 2021

Great Story! I really like the journal/ diary style with the dates at the top. Keep up the great work! :)

Reply

B. W.
01:43 Feb 18, 2021

Thanks so much ^^ I'm glad that you liked the story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Ulrich
12:42 Jan 04, 2021

Good job on this one! I'm excited for the new series.

Reply

B. W.
16:40 Jan 04, 2021

What did ya think of Cleo?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
18:26 Jan 05, 2021

She was interesting. I like how you made her the daughter of an Egyptian god.

Reply

B. W.
18:56 Jan 05, 2021

What do ya think will happen in the next part?

Reply

Kate Ulrich
19:12 Jan 05, 2021

I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to it.

Reply

B. W.
19:31 Jan 05, 2021

Would ya wanna see Anubis?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Itay Frenkel
06:00 Jan 02, 2021

The Egyptian mythology is really cool, I got used to seeing Greek and Roman mythology in your stories so I'm glad to see you're trying new things. The diary format is cool, I'm excited to see where you take this series!

Reply

B. W.
17:08 Jan 02, 2021

Thanks, im glad that ya liked it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part in the story or anything like that?

Reply

Itay Frenkel
21:07 Jan 02, 2021

My favorite part of most of your stories is the chemistry between the characters, which was definitely the case here. I also liked Cleo's backstory, and the Egyptian mythology was interesting.

Reply

B. W.
21:08 Jan 02, 2021

Thanks ^^ so would you maybe wanna see Anubis at some point or really any other specific god, or anything like that?

Reply

Itay Frenkel
21:12 Jan 02, 2021

I don't really know much about Egyptian mythology, it's up to you. I remember learning about a scary crocodile god called Sebek, he could be a cool antagonist.

Reply

B. W.
21:14 Jan 02, 2021

Hm, I'll look into that one, I've never heard of him before. Also, so how are you today? I think its been a little while since we've talked.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
22:40 Jan 01, 2021

Great story, B! It's funny, I actually have a friend named Cleo XD -Meg

Reply

B. W.
22:54 Jan 01, 2021

Thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Megan Sutherland
23:24 Jan 01, 2021

It was all good :)

Reply

B. W.
23:45 Jan 01, 2021

are ya wanting to see another part?

Reply

Megan Sutherland
00:37 Jan 02, 2021

Sure!!

Reply

B. W.
01:12 Jan 02, 2021

what do ya think would happen?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✨Abby ✨
17:14 Jan 06, 2021

Ooh I love this! very nice.

Reply

B. W.
18:22 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Orenda .
15:19 Jan 02, 2021

hey, hey! this one is heck of a riveting concept and I'm glad you're making a series out of it. Harper is a character from one of your novels you're writing? I've a few things to say and I honestly don't mean to be rude, I just want to help you. So just bear with me if I sound like a devil. from observing a ton of your stories, I've noticed you don't have a patent writing style and I assume you're figuring it out which is not a problem at all. But it feels a lot colloquial, like I had pointed out earlier. You have amazing ideas and t...

Reply

B. W.
17:17 Jan 02, 2021

I'm not sure if Harper is the name of a character in a novel I'm writing, though if it is this character just happens to have the same name as her and isn't related or anything like that. What exactly is a patent writing style though? do ya mean one that I've been sticking with and stuff? I kinda thought that I've already got one or something. I don't really want anyone to proofread them or ask for help with the descriptive stuff, for kind of a few reasons but I also don't wanna bother anyone that much. You know I'd be getting a lot of stori...

Reply

Orenda .
17:44 Jan 02, 2021

oh yeah, so I got mixed up. No problem. I like Cleo!

Reply

B. W.
18:01 Jan 02, 2021

What's something that you'd wanna see in the next part?

Reply

Orenda .
18:13 Jan 02, 2021

I've no idea. Your story, you know it.

Reply

B. W.
19:01 Jan 02, 2021

Do ya like the other characters?

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
01:12 Jan 03, 2021

Or at least like a specific one out of the three?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Coco Longstaff
01:34 Jan 02, 2021

Yikes, wow! Literally Next Gen. 2031? I wonder what the world will really look like in that time. I like how the setting and the time dont relate much, but you made the story work! Cool!

Reply

B. W.
01:37 Jan 02, 2021

This is still kind of a spin off of my original demi-god series, have you read it?

Reply

Coco Longstaff
01:38 Jan 02, 2021

Oh, no! But I’ll just read it now!

Reply

B. W.
02:00 Jan 02, 2021

Do ya like Percy Jackson?

Reply

Coco Longstaff
02:02 Jan 02, 2021

Yup!

Reply

B. W.
02:19 Jan 02, 2021

whos your favorite character?

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:44 Jan 01, 2021

Oo nice story! I loved the diary format! Can't wait for Part 2!

Reply

B. W.
22:52 Jan 01, 2021

Thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

22:55 Jan 01, 2021

The way you wrote the flashback was really nice

Reply

B. W.
23:43 Jan 01, 2021

What flashback?

Reply

23:52 Jan 01, 2021

The faint voices and the blurry version of her she keeps seeing. Was that a flashback or memory of some sort? Idk that's how I interpreted it

Reply

B. W.
00:33 Jan 02, 2021

its not really a flashback, otherwise i probably would have done italics or something. Its supposed to sorta be like a memory in a way/a bit of her past.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.