202 comments

Fantasy LGBTQ+ Romance

I've really only been at the school for about a week or so, but it feels like I've been here for almost a year. Sometimes it feels like everything is going incredibly fast or just extremely slow.


The classes haven't started yet either, at least for me. I've seen Moon and Blue be at their own classes off and on during the day or night. I guess the headmaster and the other teachers are still sorting things out.


It was around midnight while I was waiting for Blue and Moon to come and visit, either of them would be fine. Actually no, I think Moon would be better, she's great.


Where was I? Oh, it was around midnight when I started to hear a small buzzing noise coming from one of my pockets. It was probably Amber.


I pulled out my phone and the text read, "Hey kiddo, you haven't been talking to me for the past few days...are you alright? Should I be worried, do you want me to come and get you or something??"


Hah, looks like I was correct. The phone keeps lightly buzzing as more texts keep popping up like, "Ember answer me, is something wrong?" and, "Did I maybe do something? You can talk to me about it..."


It almost feels like an eternity as the phone keeps buzzing with more text messages, why is she even doing any of this? I know how she actually feels.


This continued to happen for much longer until it finally hits me. I open up the phone again and stare at Amber's contact, then my finger pressed down hard on the delete button.


Her name and everything else she made me put on the contact disappears within a blink of an eye, a small smile spreads across my face. "Finally...at least I don't have to worry about this part..."


Now some of you may be wondering, "Ember why did you do that? She's your mother, why do you seem to hate her so much?" That's a long story, my friends, you'll all eventually learn it...


There was suddenly a knock on the dorm door and Moon's sweet voice said, "Ember we're back, do ya wanna come with us?" Wait, sweet voice?? Ember what are you even saying?


Well, I could assume from her saying "We're" and "us" that Blue with her, this should be a bit interesting. I'm not really sure if he likes me that much, I swear it sometimes looks like he's going to bite me or something.


Speaking of Blue, I hear his muffled voice say from the other side of the dorm door, "The other monsters are already starting to come out, so you may want to hurry up so they don't find out."


I carefully walk out of my dorm where Moon is sitting on Blue's head, though luckily she's a bat again and not her human form. I'm not sure Blue would be able to support that if she wasn't a bat, they'd both probably tumble over.


"Why don't we all go up to the roof again and just have some fun or something?" Bat Moon suggested.


We had all silently agreed to do so when I then asked, "What would really happen if any of them found out I was a human?"


Bat Moon shrugged slightly with her wings and then said "They'd probably just kick you out?"


"I guess that's not really bad so maybe-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence, Blue seemed to fall over and start laughing. What was so funny to this dude?


"Moon, you seriously don't know? They told us what would happen if a human did eventually get in here, they'd kill them!"


"What...??"


"Yeah, so you better stick with us if you don't wanna die or something."


Bat Moon nudged him with her wing, it actually kind of looked cute since she was a Bat. She flew over to me and managed to give me a hug as she spoke, "Don't worry Ember, we'll protect you!"


Aw, she really seems so sweet and cute for wanting to protect me, don't you all think? "Thank you..." Wait, sweet and cute? Again, what the heck am I doing?? Dang it...


Blue then awkwardly coughed a bit loud to get our attention, "Ember, what's that?"


"What's what...?"


He walked over to the two of us as he gently shoved Bat Moon away and pointed to my face. "What is going on with your face?" He raised an eyebrow with a small smile.


I wasn't entirely sure what he was talking about, though he pointed towards a mirror that was nearby. "Go look in it..." he nudged me forward towards it a bit.


He seemed to be grinning a lot for some reason while I walked over to the mirror and looked at it. I...was blushing?? "Now come on, let's go on the roof finally."


The two of them started to go up to the roof and I called out, "I'll...I'll be out there with you soon!" I've been having a strange feeling towards Moon for a little while...could it be what I think?


I didn't want to stay down there that much longer, so I quickly sprinted up the stairs and up onto the roof where the other two were. "The moon looks pretty tonight..." Bat Moon mumbled.


"Ember could you please come over here real quick?" I hear Blue say from the other side of the roof. It almost looked like he was one with the shadows, I could barely see his eyes.


"What is it, Blue?"


His little grin seemed to appear again as he pointed towards Bat Moon who was still staring up at the sky, I don't think she noticed us over here. "Do ya mind telling me what's been going on? You've been acting a bit weird with her."


I look towards her and can faintly hear her humming a song as she looked at the sky, it sounded great. I turn back to Blue and say with a small sigh, "I...I think I love her..."

December 11, 2020 21:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

202 comments

Hello B! I loved this story a lot! Don't say that your stories are bad, because they are AMAZING! I think this is such a nice part 3! :)

Reply

B. W.
22:04 Dec 11, 2020

thank you, im glad that ya liked it ^^ did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sera Phina
18:25 Dec 12, 2020

.

Reply

B. W.
05:19 Dec 16, 2020

I'm gonna ask you again, could you maybe delete all of this and anything you did to the others? I'm not sure if its just with me or not.

Reply

Sera Phina
20:23 Dec 16, 2020

i didnt spam chill

Reply

B. W.
20:29 Dec 16, 2020

Well im just making sure, okay? A lot of spamming has been going on recently and all that.

Reply

Sera Phina
22:14 Dec 16, 2020

wowww

Reply

B. W.
22:35 Dec 16, 2020

what

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Riddhi Shedge
04:29 Dec 12, 2020

Hey! So, what's up with this Riley thing? She's spamming a lot of stories including mine?

Reply

B. W.
04:31 Dec 12, 2020

I have no idea, but shes annoying and stuff. I have no idea what to do man.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jubilee Forbess
22:08 Dec 11, 2020

Nice continuation to your series.

Reply

B. W.
22:33 Dec 11, 2020

thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part?

Reply

Jubilee Forbess
22:47 Dec 11, 2020

I like the last line, it was cute.

Reply

B. W.
23:15 Dec 11, 2020

do you plan to make a new story?

Reply

Jubilee Forbess
00:53 Dec 12, 2020

I do, yes, for the romance prompt.

Reply

B. W.
02:03 Dec 12, 2020

tell me whenever its out ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
22:55 Dec 23, 2020

Zilla doesn't hate me. We've been friends and stuff for a while. I have a lot of questions, though I apparently only have one left, are you going to leave this place and never come back? or at least stop doing this stupid stuff.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
13:47 Dec 16, 2020

Hi, B! Your stories are GREAT!!! Want to do an upvote spree? :)

Reply

B. W.
16:47 Dec 16, 2020

Maybe, and thanks ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sera Phina
18:25 Dec 12, 2020

.

Reply

B. W.
19:39 Dec 12, 2020

why did you say this so many times.

Reply

Sera Phina
19:54 Dec 12, 2020

.~. .-. :) (:

Reply

B. W.
20:46 Dec 12, 2020

what.

Reply

Sera Phina
20:54 Dec 12, 2020

i think so but i m not sure

Reply

B. W.
21:25 Dec 12, 2020

"I think so but im not sure" of what?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sera Phina
18:25 Dec 12, 2020

.

Reply

✨Abby ✨
05:30 Dec 13, 2020

Hey, could you please stop spamming these? It's kinda really annoying.

Reply

Sera Phina
05:52 Dec 13, 2020

hi please look up the definition of spamming ty

Reply

✨Abby ✨
05:54 Dec 13, 2020

I know what it means hun. Thanks tho!

Reply

Sera Phina
19:20 Dec 13, 2020

cool

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
17:48 Dec 13, 2020

Can you please tell me why you sent so many of these though? you keep changing the subject as well each time I ask about something, can you at least delete some of them?

Reply

Sera Phina
19:21 Dec 13, 2020

she said so but u shud confirm just in case

Reply

✨Abby ✨
19:25 Dec 13, 2020

Who said what?

Reply

Show 1 reply
B. W.
19:39 Dec 13, 2020

what?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
B. W.
05:31 Dec 13, 2020

So far its only with me, but I think it'll go onto the others or something

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Orenda .
16:02 Dec 12, 2020

-- "That's a long story, my friends, you'll all eventually learn it..." -> omit all. It sorta sounds better without 'all'. -- "I'm not Blue would be able to support that if she wasn't a bat, they'd both probably tumble over." -> I believe you missed 'saying' after 'not'. This was lovely. I like how Ember keeps interacting with herself about Moon. It's funny. And I love Blue's character. I feel sad for third wheelers, but they always bring a fun element to the story. The last line has to be my favourite. Grreat job, pal! :)

Reply

B. W.
18:09 Dec 12, 2020

Actually no, i'm going to fix that stuff but it wasn't "saying" i need to put there, its "sure" because it would be "Im not sure blue would be able to support that if she wasn't a bat, they'd both tumble over." that sounds better to me. Though thanks, I'm glad that ya liked the story ^^ whats something you'd wanna see in the next part?

Reply

Orenda .
18:12 Dec 12, 2020

oh, that makes sense. That didn't cross my mind otherwise it's the exact word. No problem :) I have no idea. Perhaps a confession or something? Or if you wish to be a sadist, make Moon uninterested in her lol and Ember's all teary.

Reply

B. W.
18:15 Dec 12, 2020

would Blue have to comfort her or something then?

Reply

Orenda .
18:15 Dec 12, 2020

yeah, cool.

Reply

B. W.
18:16 Dec 12, 2020

wait, do you remember that thing i had you doing for a little while with some of my characters? like id have you do a scene of something I said, then you'd do it and put it in a thread?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Niveeidha Palani
06:26 Dec 12, 2020

Hi B. Long time no chat. :) This was a lovely sequel, nicely penned together. I loved the end, so sweet and adorable. A part four coming up?

Reply

B. W.
06:41 Dec 12, 2020

Oh, heya there ^^ and thanks, im glad that ya liked the story, did ya maybe have a favorite part or anything like that? besides maybe the ending, and a part four will eventually be made.

Reply

Niveeidha Palani
07:05 Dec 12, 2020

Yeap! My favourite part was the end, :) Meanwhile, could you look at my latest story? I'd appreciate it, as I finally got a story out. :)

Reply

B. W.
08:20 Dec 12, 2020

I'll check it out soon, i promise ^^ did ya have a favorite character?

Reply

Niveeidha Palani
11:54 Dec 12, 2020

Hmm? Maybe Blue. :)

Reply

B. W.
17:55 Dec 12, 2020

so, would you still like to talk?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:57 Dec 12, 2020

;)

Reply

B. W.
04:59 Dec 12, 2020

?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:09 Dec 12, 2020

Loved it! Could be your best one yet! I just loved the part where Ember kept asking herself. :)

Reply

B. W.
04:11 Dec 12, 2020

aw thanks :)

Reply

Sia S
04:12 Dec 12, 2020

:D

Reply

B. W.
04:12 Dec 12, 2020

anything else?

Reply

Sia S
04:15 Dec 12, 2020

Maybe a title change? No offence, but maybe something more related to the story... like?

Reply

B. W.
04:16 Dec 12, 2020

I could change it to "A strange Crush" ?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:53 Dec 11, 2020

OOH! Romance! Well, not yet, just big crushes until they acknowledge each other. Great word choices, when Ember is like "Moon? Sweet? Again? Why am I thinking like this?" I really like this new part! Just maybe, if you can edit titles, you should mention what it's a continuation of, since you have several part 3's already. :)

Reply

B. W.
23:16 Dec 11, 2020

Thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

23:21 Dec 11, 2020

The ending. "I think I love her".

Reply

B. W.
23:29 Dec 11, 2020

would ya wanna see another part?

Reply

23:32 Dec 11, 2020

For sure!

Reply

B. W.
00:19 Dec 12, 2020

so what did ya think of the new prompts? do ya like em?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sera Phina
18:25 Dec 12, 2020

.

Reply

Orenda .
07:40 Dec 13, 2020

Excuse me, you leave me no option but be curt with you. We already have a lot going on over here, so we don't need your contribution to it. It's not funny. Stop or you're getting kicked out. Go and do the house chores instead if you're so unemployed.

Reply

Sera Phina
19:21 Dec 13, 2020

thank you so much! lots of love from here <3

Reply

Orenda .
19:28 Dec 13, 2020

Having trouble coming up with better comebacks? Just go away, dearest.

Reply

Sera Phina
23:27 Dec 13, 2020

oh im not doing "comebacks" or whatever but if u wanna do it then go ahead!

Reply

B. W.
00:58 Dec 14, 2020

Oh wow- you actually said something related to what she said.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
20:14 Dec 13, 2020

why are you doing this?

Reply

Sera Phina
23:28 Dec 13, 2020

i think so

Reply

B. W.
00:57 Dec 14, 2020

Stop doing this. Its annoying.

Reply

Sera Phina
07:10 Dec 14, 2020

cool

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Sera Phina
18:25 Dec 12, 2020

.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sera Phina
18:25 Dec 12, 2020

.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sera Phina
18:25 Dec 12, 2020

.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sera Phina
18:25 Dec 12, 2020

.

Reply

B. W.
20:15 Dec 13, 2020

No. Stop now.

Reply

Orenda .
20:33 Dec 13, 2020

Hey B, don't bother. Don't. They're not going to listen, so don't put your time into calling them out anymore. I called out twice, nothing happened. Just let them be, okay? Also, don't demoralize yourself with this. I don't know, but I've been upset so much even though none of this's personally happened to me. You and I have been on Reedsy for quite a while now, nothing happened then. It was peaceful and fun, but it's surprising to see how foul a vibe these idiots give off. Just don't dispirit yourself.

Reply

B. W.
20:36 Dec 13, 2020

Reedsy was at first mostly calm and all that I guess, though then a lot of stupid crap started happening with the downvoters, these spammers, and then some of the other stuff :/ its angering me a lot.

Reply

Orenda .
20:38 Dec 13, 2020

It angers me a lot too, but what can you even do? I feel like cussing lol but I won't. But most importantly, never think about leaving, okay? You're prolific and we, your friends, know what and how you are, so don't let others change it otherwise for you.

Reply

B. W.
20:40 Dec 13, 2020

I don't even know what Prolific means though :/ I sometimes feel like cussing, not because of this, but just in general on here and stuff. But little kids that are on here (maybe like 10 or something years old) will see it and go "OoOO tHaTS bAd" or something.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sera Phina
23:28 Dec 13, 2020

ur choice

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
04:05 Dec 12, 2020

Oo I loved this story! (I'm all for LGBTQ+ stories 🏳️‍🌈) I forgot if I've read the other parts, I'll have to check! This story was amazing, you've improved with your romance writing!! 😁

Reply

B. W.
04:07 Dec 12, 2020

thanks ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

04:07 Dec 12, 2020

Definitely when she finally realised she liked Moon

Reply

B. W.
04:08 Dec 12, 2020

I'm glad ya liked it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
00:40 Dec 12, 2020

Good job, I liked the story a lot~!

Reply

B. W.
00:51 Dec 12, 2020

thanks :) did ya have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Laiba M
01:19 Dec 12, 2020

Hmm, I liked the end a lot, with the confession~

Reply

B. W.
02:08 Dec 12, 2020

would ya wanna see another part?

Reply

Laiba M
02:37 Dec 12, 2020

Of course!

Reply

B. W.
02:41 Dec 12, 2020

what would you want to happen in it?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.