202 comments

Fantasy LGBTQ+ Romance

I've really only been at the school for about a week or so, but it feels like I've been here for almost a year. Sometimes it feels like everything is going incredibly fast or just extremely slow.


The classes haven't started yet either, at least for me. I've seen Moon and Blue be at their own classes off and on during the day or night. I guess the headmaster and the other teachers are still sorting things out.


It was around midnight while I was waiting for Blue and Moon to come and visit, either of them would be fine. Actually no, I think Moon would be better, she's great.


Where was I? Oh, it was around midnight when I started to hear a small buzzing noise coming from one of my pockets. It was probably Amber.


I pulled out my phone and the text read, "Hey kiddo, you haven't been talking to me for the past few days...are you alright? Should I be worried, do you want me to come and get you or something??"


Hah, looks like I was correct. The phone keeps lightly buzzing as more texts keep popping up like, "Ember answer me, is something wrong?" and, "Did I maybe do something? You can talk to me about it..."


It almost feels like an eternity as the phone keeps buzzing with more text messages, why is she even doing any of this? I know how she actually feels.


This continued to happen for much longer until it finally hits me. I open up the phone again and stare at Amber's contact, then my finger pressed down hard on the delete button.


Her name and everything else she made me put on the contact disappears within a blink of an eye, a small smile spreads across my face. "Finally...at least I don't have to worry about this part..."


Now some of you may be wondering, "Ember why did you do that? She's your mother, why do you seem to hate her so much?" That's a long story, my friends, you'll all eventually learn it...


There was suddenly a knock on the dorm door and Moon's sweet voice said, "Ember we're back, do ya wanna come with us?" Wait, sweet voice?? Ember what are you even saying?


Well, I could assume from her saying "We're" and "us" that Blue with her, this should be a bit interesting. I'm not really sure if he likes me that much, I swear it sometimes looks like he's going to bite me or something.


Speaking of Blue, I hear his muffled voice say from the other side of the dorm door, "The other monsters are already starting to come out, so you may want to hurry up so they don't find out."


I carefully walk out of my dorm where Moon is sitting on Blue's head, though luckily she's a bat again and not her human form. I'm not sure Blue would be able to support that if she wasn't a bat, they'd both probably tumble over.


"Why don't we all go up to the roof again and just have some fun or something?" Bat Moon suggested.


We had all silently agreed to do so when I then asked, "What would really happen if any of them found out I was a human?"


Bat Moon shrugged slightly with her wings and then said "They'd probably just kick you out?"


"I guess that's not really bad so maybe-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence, Blue seemed to fall over and start laughing. What was so funny to this dude?


"Moon, you seriously don't know? They told us what would happen if a human did eventually get in here, they'd kill them!"


"What...??"


"Yeah, so you better stick with us if you don't wanna die or something."


Bat Moon nudged him with her wing, it actually kind of looked cute since she was a Bat. She flew over to me and managed to give me a hug as she spoke, "Don't worry Ember, we'll protect you!"


Aw, she really seems so sweet and cute for wanting to protect me, don't you all think? "Thank you..." Wait, sweet and cute? Again, what the heck am I doing?? Dang it...


Blue then awkwardly coughed a bit loud to get our attention, "Ember, what's that?"


"What's what...?"


He walked over to the two of us as he gently shoved Bat Moon away and pointed to my face. "What is going on with your face?" He raised an eyebrow with a small smile.


I wasn't entirely sure what he was talking about, though he pointed towards a mirror that was nearby. "Go look in it..." he nudged me forward towards it a bit.


He seemed to be grinning a lot for some reason while I walked over to the mirror and looked at it. I...was blushing?? "Now come on, let's go on the roof finally."


The two of them started to go up to the roof and I called out, "I'll...I'll be out there with you soon!" I've been having a strange feeling towards Moon for a little while...could it be what I think?


I didn't want to stay down there that much longer, so I quickly sprinted up the stairs and up onto the roof where the other two were. "The moon looks pretty tonight..." Bat Moon mumbled.


"Ember could you please come over here real quick?" I hear Blue say from the other side of the roof. It almost looked like he was one with the shadows, I could barely see his eyes.


"What is it, Blue?"


His little grin seemed to appear again as he pointed towards Bat Moon who was still staring up at the sky, I don't think she noticed us over here. "Do ya mind telling me what's been going on? You've been acting a bit weird with her."


I look towards her and can faintly hear her humming a song as she looked at the sky, it sounded great. I turn back to Blue and say with a small sigh, "I...I think I love her..."

December 11, 2020 21:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

202 comments

B. W.
21:44 Dec 11, 2020

This is probably a bit bad, so sorry if it is :/ I completely support LGBTQ and everything like that though, so again if you don't like this then don't even read it or put hate comments.

Reply

Show 0 replies
. .
22:14 Dec 11, 2020

Hey B.!! Loved it!! You said Amber to start with and switched to Ember, tho, so maybe fix that!!

Reply

B. W.
22:34 Dec 11, 2020

when it mentions Amber, thats the mother of Ember. She was talking about Amber/her mother because she (Amber) was texting her and stuff, so it wasn't a mistake or anything.

Reply

. .
22:47 Dec 11, 2020

Ohhhhhhhhh, so sorry. Great job!!

Reply

B. W.
23:15 Dec 11, 2020

thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part or anything? and its fine

Reply

. .
14:04 Dec 12, 2020

I loved the beginning because you did that really well.

Reply

B. W.
18:07 Dec 12, 2020

i did?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.