213 comments

Adventure Fantasy LGBTQ+

Later that night Shifty had left the castle once her parents had gone into their room and fallen asleep, they were heavy sleepers so it would be quite easy to do this. She had counted the time while watching the sunrise go up and then the sunset go down until it was time.


"Quin, please open up? I could use some of your help with something..."


Shifty had reached a small house that wasn't that far from the castle, anyone who was friends or anything like that with the royal family could live in the castle or extremely close to it.


It felt like several hours passed before finally, she heard the door began to creak and she watched as a figure stepped out. She yawned before saying, "Oh, Hey Storm..."


"What do you need?"


"Well first, can I please come inside Quinny? It's kind of cold out here."


She agreed as she opened the door a little wider and watched as Storm shape-shifted into a small white cat and ran onto the couch. She smiled a little as she followed her lead and sat next to Shifty on it.


"So, can you please explain to me what's going on now? It's the middle of the night..."


Shifty thought for a minute as she shape-shifted back to normal and took out a small picture from her shirt pocket. "You remember my little sister?"


She nodded while remaining silent while she only listened to her, though she did motion for her to keep going after she nodded. Jeez, what could have happened now? Was it her parents?


Shifty sighed as she then tried her best to explain the whole thing, "Well let's just say...um...my parents are just terrible Quinny and I think you know how they are with Her, to keep it short she kind of ran away."


"Wait, what??"


She nodded and then continued, "That's why I came here for you, No one else was ever going to help me but I knew you would at least try to."


Shifty sighed as she looked back at Quin who just had a strange look on her face and remained silent. It almost looked like she was frozen in place. This was probably just a really bad idea to come...


"Sorry to bother you, Quin, I think I'll just leave now and try to find her myself" She quickly got off of the couch and began to speed-walk to the door.


She had managed to get a few steps outside as the wind began to howl loudly until Quin grabbed her hand and then pulled her back inside. "Wait no, of course, I'll help you!"


Storm smiled as she gave her a small kiss on the cheek then the two of them began to walk outside as the wind howled louder and it got colder.


"Where do you think she could be, any ideas?"


She simply shook her head before saying, "No clue she could honestly be anywhere by now...I just hope that she isn't hurt or worse..."


They walked through the city for what seemed like hours while remaining silent until a sudden burst of laughter started coming from Quin.


Storm had quickly shape-shifted into a cat on accident as the hair on her back raised up a bit while almost hissing. "What? What's so funny??"


Quin had been about to explain that to her until she had turned into the cat, which seemed to make her start laughing even more. She even did a few little snorts and it almost sounded like she was a pig.


"Quin, what is it?" Shifty just became a tad bit confused as she shifted out of the cat form again. I'm not gonna go and try to read her mind, she's my girl-friend for crying out loud...


She had to stand and wait for what seemed to about ten or so minutes until she had calmed herself down. Shifty rolled her eyes a little bit and then asked her, "So are you finally going to tell me?"


Quin wiped her eyes before sitting up with a goofy grin, she cleared her throat before asking, "Do you remember how your father and mother reacted to us?"


As the two of them entered the castle Shifty's mother, Scarlett, and her father, Sean were waiting for them in the living room of the castle. "Ah Shifty, who's your little friend?" Scarlett had asked.


Quin smiled and nudged Storm who then cleared her throat and spoke, "Mother, Father, This is my girl-friend, Quin, we have been dating for about a month."


Sean seemed a little surprised and did not speak, though Scarlett almost seemed to squeal in excitement before saying "Oh my, yes! it finally happened!"


Scarlett seemed to squeal yet again with happiness before bringing the two of them into a hug. "I always thought that you were like this but I wasn't entirely sure, but now we know!"


Sean chuckled lightly as he then suggested, "Why don't we get you both married? I'm sure you'd both like that."


Shifty jumped a bit startled as she faintly blushed and shape-shifted into a small dog covering herself behind Quin. She awkwardly laughed before saying, "Father we're only fifteen and the age to marry is eighteen...I think."


Quin agreed with her and then added, "We've also only been dating for a month, that's not enough time and yes your right about the ages."


Scarlett squeezed the two of them a bit tighter as she smiled at the two, it didn't seem like she was going to let them go anytime soon. "That's alright, you can both take your time."


Shifty smiled a small bit as she thought about that time, it had been a strange but lovely time. "Man, I can't believe either of them were actually happy about something."


"I think that was the only time that they were happy and excited about anything, they've just been really emotionless or something for the rest of the time."


Storm nodded and then added, "Otherwise I think they would have been fine and happy with Aura, even if she didn't have powers like me..."


The two of them remained silent for a few more minutes until they started to reach a large rusty gate at the edge of the town. "Well, where are we going?"


"To the other kingdom, I think she might be there..."


Storm sighed as she looked to the side before going through the gate, there was something like a small lake or a pond next to them. Quin stood next to her as they watched the ripples in the water.


They could almost clearly see the reflection of the moon in the small bit of water, it looked beautiful. "Don't worry Aura, I'm coming for you..."

November 18, 2020 00:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

213 comments

03:15 Nov 21, 2020

I love the emotion and description this story posses. The ending was also really nice.

Reply

B. W.
05:13 Nov 21, 2020

Thanks ^^ what did ya think about Quin and Shifty?

Reply

05:19 Nov 21, 2020

I loved it!

Reply

B. W.
07:33 Nov 21, 2020

thanks ^^ ill probably try to make another soon

Reply

14:53 Nov 21, 2020

Okay! Please let me know when you do, I would love to check it out. Also, I just posted my new story after a few months of not being able to. If you had the time I would love it if you could check it out! (No worries if you can't though)

Reply

B. W.
18:57 Nov 21, 2020

Its probably gonna take a while though, with any of my series I do on here including this, there's no way I could continue with these prompts.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
18:46 Nov 22, 2020

I got a new story out! could u read and leave critiques?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amaya .
19:34 Nov 20, 2020

hey what do you think of the prompts this week?

Reply

B. W.
19:36 Nov 20, 2020

I think the prompts are sort of good though I don't have any ideas, what about you?

Reply

Amaya .
19:45 Nov 20, 2020

its funny because ever since i posted that bio (which i don't regret), I've been downvoted so much lol. like I'm trying to teach you why you shouldn't downvote, take a hint! learn! smhh

Reply

B. W.
19:55 Nov 20, 2020

I still just don't understand why the down-voters do any of it :/

Reply

Amaya .
21:07 Nov 20, 2020

yeah :/

Reply

B. W.
21:11 Nov 20, 2020

I dont even get how they can do it for that long

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
19:43 Nov 20, 2020

basically exactly the same as you, but i have to get a story out by Sunday

Reply

B. W.
19:55 Nov 20, 2020

Why do ya have to get one out by then?

Reply

Amaya .
21:06 Nov 20, 2020

Ria's bday is on Sun and I want to dedicate it to her (lemme know when u see this so i can delete that part)

Reply

B. W.
21:11 Nov 20, 2020

Random question, whats the weirdest thing that has ever happened at your school or anything like that?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
22:13 Nov 18, 2020

hey B what's up?

Reply

B. W.
23:00 Nov 18, 2020

I just kind of have a lot of things on my mind at the moment

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
04:34 Nov 18, 2020

It's okay- we're still young.

Reply

B. W.
04:35 Nov 18, 2020

How old do ya think i am?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amaya .
04:07 Nov 18, 2020

B his apology was good! like I guessed, he didn't really mean what he said, it was his own issues that caused him to say it. and he apologized maturely. people are often like that, which is why i want you to remember not to take mean comments to heart, k?

Reply

B. W.
04:10 Nov 18, 2020

I guess, i commented back and now I'm just waiting again. Man- how am I not supposed to take that to heart? you know all the stuff that he said and that kinda hurt me

Reply

Amaya .
04:18 Nov 18, 2020

ofc ofc...not taking things to heart is not going to be easy. I get it, i cry over things people say all the time. I just want you to know that it's not trueee and ur so much better than these people sayyy i just want to make sure you know that

Reply

B. W.
04:21 Nov 18, 2020

ive always felt like i was always a terrible person and a writer though

Reply

Amaya .
04:22 Nov 18, 2020

well a lot of the time feelings are wrong. U have to tell that voice to shut up so that you can continue doing what I love. Ik it's not as easy as I'm making it seem

Reply

B. W.
04:25 Nov 18, 2020

Yeah- im pretty if i just say "Hey voice, shut the heck up" it's not gonna work, though i'd be grateful if it did

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
03:47 Nov 18, 2020

B, listen people are cruel some times. I'm like you- we both care about what others think. I don't know you but I can get an idea... I bet you'll become the greatest writing in the world! There's only one you, B, and I like that writer so please don't change for others.

Reply

B. W.
03:50 Nov 18, 2020

you really think that?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
00:35 Nov 18, 2020

This involves some LGBTQ because i support them and I am completely fine with them in fact, so if you don't like any of this, don't say anything rude, just don't read it at all. This isn't targeted towards anyone either when I'm talking about this, I'm just putting it out there because I know how everyone is with it.

Reply

Amaya .
04:08 Nov 18, 2020

yes omg im so glad that you support LGBTQ, im not LGBTQ but it's so so important to me that they are supported, so I'm so happy about this.

Reply

B. W.
04:12 Nov 18, 2020

You didn't know until now? Some of my other stories and even some of my novels feature LGBTQ as well

Reply

Amaya .
04:19 Nov 18, 2020

nope i didn't know

Reply

B. W.
04:21 Nov 18, 2020

i thought i told you?

Reply

Amaya .
04:24 Nov 18, 2020

Nope but now I know loll

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Emma Sunshine
02:57 Nov 20, 2020

Hello, BW. This was a great piece, and I enjoyed it.

Reply

B. W.
02:58 Nov 20, 2020

Thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ what did ya think about the two characters being together in it and stuff?

Reply

Emma Sunshine
02:59 Nov 20, 2020

Their romance was very cute and well put-together. Great work.

Reply

B. W.
03:30 Nov 20, 2020

Thanks ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
10:57 Nov 19, 2020

This isn't a standalone story which made it a bit hard to follow. But it was still a great read. You are growing in writing and it's a delight to see. Know that I love your stories a lot. Keep writing.

Reply

B. W.
18:33 Nov 19, 2020

You could check out the other parts to the story if ya want? that way it could be easier to follow and all that?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Felicity Anne
23:03 Nov 18, 2020

Hey B! Sorry it took me so long to make it over here, things have been pretty crazy at home. ;) I just wanted to tell you that I love love loved your story!! Where do you get all of these brilliant ideas? The names you choose for your characters are all unique, fitting, and leave an impression! The ending to your story (as usual haha) was fantastic! Will there be a part five?? If so, please let me know as soon as possible so I can read it! Actually, please let me know every time you write a new story! As far as corrections go, the o...

Reply

B. W.
23:07 Nov 18, 2020

I honestly don't know, i just get the ideas randomly at some point and then I just decide to role with them most of the time :/ Ive also just wanted unique names for the characters instead of regular ones like "Bob" or something, that way it would kind of be more interesting or something. Yes, there WILL be a part 5 and some other parts to the series before I officially end it and all that ^^

Reply

Felicity Anne
23:14 Nov 18, 2020

Well, yay for amazing random ideas! The character names are very interesting! You always do an awesome job with them! Yay!!!!!!! Part 5!!!!!

Reply

B. W.
23:16 Nov 18, 2020

thank you ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
14:39 Nov 18, 2020

I'm 15 and be 16 on April 6th.

Reply

B. W.
18:26 Nov 18, 2020

oh, nice

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

This is such a great story B.W! I loved it with all my heart. I saw in your your bio you didn't like Zodiacs (lol I'm obsessed.) I'm writing a series of it on Reedsy Prompts! I posted the first part can you go check it out? I haven't posted in at least a month. Thanks :>

Reply

B. W.
18:25 Nov 18, 2020

No no i do like Zodiacs but not that much to where I'm obsessed or anything, though ill just check it out soon ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Yolanda Wu
05:40 Nov 18, 2020

Wow, I really liked this part! I think your writing has really improved and your grasp of character and relationship was great in this part. I love how you wrote the relationship between Shifty and Quin, it was so sweet and lovely. I think you did a good job at writing the romance, it seemed natural and subtle. I really hope they find Aura. Also, I saw some comments regarding Tom Bradbury, I know he has deleted them and apologised, so I don't know what exactly he said, but I understand that he hurt you. Just know that there are plenty of p...

Reply

B. W.
05:48 Nov 18, 2020

I've always been terrible at doing any sort of romance, though I think this is where I got a little better at it. I was having some trouble just writing a story this week because a few reasons and I never liked these prompts, though I'm glad that ya really liked it ^^ I mean, if you want at least, you could maybe go ask Amaya or something about? I'm sure she or someone else would be better at explaining the whole thing and what he said better than me. Though that's only if you want to do that.

Reply

Yolanda Wu
06:02 Nov 18, 2020

I just wanted to extend some of my support about the whole situation. But yeah, I get the whole romance thing, it always seems so intimidating when you think about it, but really it's just practice and being able to understand the relationship between the characters. Like I've already said, I really liked the romance in this story. :)

Reply

B. W.
06:29 Nov 18, 2020

where do you think Aura could actually be? any ideas?

Reply

Yolanda Wu
07:01 Nov 18, 2020

Ooh, I think I'll just go with Shifty's guess and say maybe she's in the other kingdom? But definitely feel free to hit me with those twists. ;)

Reply

B. W.
07:45 Nov 18, 2020

Did you ever see the other parts?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
04:41 Nov 18, 2020

To be a loving mom. To give a child support and good life. That and to make my dad proud.

Reply

B. W.
04:56 Nov 18, 2020

oh

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
04:39 Nov 18, 2020

Well, I'm a freshman so you could anywhere from 13- mid 30s. Your writing skills tell me that you have a high writing level. My guess is 17.

Reply

B. W.
04:55 Nov 18, 2020

I'm not an actual adult, im just a teenager

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
04:35 Nov 18, 2020

Do you have any questions for me?

Reply

B. W.
04:35 Nov 18, 2020

Uh- what about your dreams or something?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
04:32 Nov 18, 2020

I would like to know a little bit about you- like your dreams and goals. What is your reason to write. Mine is simple... to show the real me and heal the pain of mankind. Okay not so simply.

Reply

B. W.
04:33 Nov 18, 2020

I dunno what exactly my dreams would be, I kind of just want to be a lot of things. An author, a voice actor and something with animals.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
04:28 Nov 18, 2020

I dunno. I'm a noob at sharing my writing like this.

Reply

B. W.
04:28 Nov 18, 2020

so, what do you maybe wanna talk about or something?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ashlyn Anderson
04:24 Nov 18, 2020

We all have battles that only ourselves can win. But- that doesn't mean that we are alone. And don't worry- I am so much happier with my dad.

Reply

B. W.
04:25 Nov 18, 2020

wait, why dont you reply to the same comment thread? I know this is off topic but I'm just wondering

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.