89 comments

Funny Drama

“Do I sit here? Oh, here, alright. Yeah, I’m ready. I just answer your questions? Okay, what-Live? Oh!”

The lady gave a strained smile at the god, before turning to the camera and giving a grin. Her black hair was up in a fantastic updo that swirled on top of her head. Her makeup was perfect, and she was wearing a neat white blouse and blue skirt.

“Hello, and welcome back to Talking to the Forgotten! I’m your host, Ms. Inta DaVoid!”

The crowd cheered and clapped. When they quieted down, Void continued.

“Today, we’ll be talking to a forgotten calendar god. Introducing...April, the old prank god!”

There were more cheers and clapping as the camera focused on the small god in the chair beside the host. Their hair was bright green, and they were wearing hot pink jeans splattered with paint, and a neon yellow shirt.

“April, tell me, what is it you do?”

April smiled at the camera. “Well, the only time I really do anything is on April first. You know, April fools day?”

“Of course! Now, how is it you’ve been forgotten? Everyone loves April fools!”

Now April had a strained smile. “Yes, I know. Apparently my pranks were too tame, or too much.”

“Care to give us an example?”

“Well, back in the old days, I used to put out candles when people were working. Everyone thought it was hilarious! But then things got more advanced, and light bulbs became a thing. It wasn’t as funny when I’d take those. Apparently, they’re expensive or whatever.”

“Well, that seems quite tame. Give us an example of one that went too far?”

“Well...once I caused traffic to keep everyone from work. And by the time they could drive, I popped all the tires!”

“That does seem like a lot.” Void laughed with the crowd. “That doesn’t explain why you’re forgotten, though. What’s that about?”

“Yeah...I got replaced.”

“Replaced? Why, that’s terrible! Who’s your replacement?”

April scowled. “March.”

“March? Well, that doesn’t make sense.”

“That’s what I said! But the Great Calendar said I wasn’t fit for the job! So they had to move me up to May!”

“May? Well, that’s a shame. Does anything fun happen in May?”

“Sometimes Easter,” April grumbled. “But otherwise, not much. I want April back!”

“Well, that is definitely a shame. But we’ve got a surprise for you all after the break!”

Cheery music played, and the show cut to commercials. Void sighed.

“I’m getting too old for this.” She muttered as the makeup crew rushed onto the stage.

April sat quietly in their seat. They had never been on television before, and weren't sure if they were allowed to get up.

They hadn’t really wanted to do this, but Void had said it could give them a chance to get they’re job back. April doubted it, because March was such a good April, and he would never give them their job back.

“Alright, alright,” Void said, waving a hand at the makeup crew. They scurried away.

“Live in five, four, three, two…”

Void grinned at the camera. “Welcome back! We’ve been talking with the forgotten calendar god, April. We have a special guest today. Introducing...March!”

April’s jaw dropped as March strolled onto the stage. He was a tall guy with short brown hair. He had on a green shirt and jeans-he always wore green. He was an attractive god, and April saw Void smiling at him flirtatiously.

He sat in a chair beside April, flashing a blinding grin at Void. April scowled, crossing their arms.

“March, hello!” Void said. “How are you?”

She didn’t ask how I am. April thought.

“I’m splendid, Inta-can I call you that? Thank you so much for inviting me on the show!”

He’s charming as ever. April grumbled in their mind.

“It’s no big deal, March. Now, tell us, how do you like your job as April?”

“I love it! Quite honestly, I think I’m doing an amazing job. As much as I liked March, April is so much fun!”

He’s so annoying.

“Well, do you think you deserve the job? I mean, poor April, they got moved to May.”

Can we stop talking about this?

“I definitely deserve the job. April was too scared to really prank people. And when they did, it was too much.”

“Are you telling me you aren't scared to get the job done?”

“Of course not. I’m not scared of anything!”

“I would expect as much from you,” Void laughed.

April grumbled at the two under their breath as they talked like they weren't there.

“Well, I think we definitely know who the better April is.” Void laughed. “Thank you two so much for coming!”

April gave a strained smile. “Yeah.”

“Of course!” March says.

April stands, and turns to March before pinching his arm. March yelps.

“But...but...I’m wearing green!”

April rolled their eyes, and walked off stage. March stood to follow them, but couldn’t get up.

“What-did someone prank me?” He exclaimed.

Void tried to get up, too, but couldn’t. They were both glued to their seats. April giggled at them from off stage.

“Cut the cameras!” Void called.

“We-We can’t!” One of the camera crew members said. “Something’s wrong!”

March managed to get up, though it ripped the back of his pants. But when he got up, he hit a trip wire.

A paint can fell on his head, and pink paint dripped down his shoulders. He yanked it off his head, revealing his soaked pink face and hair.

April skipped on stage, and held out a box, smiling. “Here, do you need a towel?”

March snatched the box, and pried it open. Glitter shot out, covering him, and sticking to the paint. Void, who was still stuck to her chair, looked terrified of being pranked.

April walked over to Void, and held out their hand. “Need help?”

Void muttered under her breath, and reached out to take their hand. As soon as she did, she shrieked.

“An eclectic buzzer? Seriously?” She demanded, snatching her hand away.

April laughed. “I can’t believe you fell for that!”

“Security!” Void shouted.

Four men in black police uniforms started to run onstage, but slipped, and tumbled to the ground, knocking March over, too. That made them hit another trip wire.

April pulled an umbrella out from under the chair they were sitting in, and opened it as paint rained down. Void, the security guards, and March were all soaked. Glitter came next, and stuck to all the paint. April closed the umbrella, and grinned.

“Have fun cleaning up!” They said. “Bye!”

And with that, they walked off stage.

April 01, 2021 16:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

89 comments

16:33 Apr 01, 2021

This is SO FUNNY! I really like April!

Reply

Ari Berri
16:39 Apr 01, 2021

Thank you! I'm reading your new one now, I like it so far.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Charlie Murphy
21:10 Apr 04, 2021

Funny story! I liked when April used the umbrella! Very clever!

Reply

Ari Berri
13:44 Apr 05, 2021

Thanks you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
13:37 Apr 02, 2021

WHY DID I NOT READ YOUR STORIES EARLER WHAT Honestly, when you described April's hair and pants, I got Alex Fierro vibes. Except the shirt ruined it lol This was great! I love the character names and that prank at the end. This story made me laugh at least twice. April was such a great character. I loved this story a lot! Great job :)

Reply

Ari Berri
14:04 Apr 02, 2021

XD I didn't even realize that. Alex Ferrio is one of my favorite characters. Thank you!

Reply

14:06 Apr 02, 2021

Same! Np! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
14:28 Apr 02, 2021

Would you mind checking out my latest story?

Reply

Ari Berri
14:39 Apr 02, 2021

Sure.

Reply

14:41 Apr 02, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
19:50 May 09, 2021

RanDOm QuEStIon: Ari, what do you like most about the 'Fault In Our Stars'?

Reply

Ari Berri
14:25 May 10, 2021

I like the characters, especially Issac. I liked how they all handled their disabilities well, and if any book can make me cry, then I think it's very well written. What about you?

Reply

14:39 May 10, 2021

Their relationship was so sweet :3 I loved the way he slipped his phone number. I agree I did cry because of that book:)

Reply

Ari Berri
14:47 May 10, 2021

What other books do you like?

Reply

17:41 May 10, 2021

To kill a mocking bird Wuthering Heights Pride and prejudice Mortal Instruments series The Book Theif The war that saved my life Simon snow Secret benedict society and more that I can think of because Ie read too many:)

Reply

Ari Berri
18:15 May 10, 2021

I've read Simon Snow, and I think I might've started the Book Thief. I read too many books, too.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:45 May 09, 2021

Great job Ari! I liked this story's prose and style, you did an amazing job presenting April and March. Love it! I really like how April's pranks were kind of sudden. You are amazing at comedy! I'm glad I read this!

Reply

Ari Berri
14:13 May 10, 2021

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad you liked it.

Reply

14:39 May 10, 2021

My pleasure

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
20:23 Apr 10, 2021

Hi Ari! How are you doing? Any book recommendations? I'm bored :P

Reply

Ari Berri
21:04 Apr 10, 2021

I'm fine. First, did you recommend One of us is Lying to me? Also, what type of books do you like?

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
22:15 Apr 10, 2021

Yep!!!! (eep did you like it?) And anything- but romance and mystery/thriller are my top genres :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jasey Lovegood
02:34 Apr 09, 2021

Hey Ari! New story out, it's a collab I did with Annabelle :D

Reply

Ari Berri
12:55 Apr 09, 2021

I'll read it.

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
04:06 Apr 10, 2021

Thanks :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Meera Lakshmi
14:38 Apr 06, 2021

Haha love it!

Reply

Ari Berri
14:44 Apr 06, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
14:48 Apr 06, 2021

I want to try and set up an email, I'll give you a link when I can

Reply

Ari Berri
15:13 Apr 06, 2021

Okay.

Reply

Meera Lakshmi
14:57 Apr 07, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Wirda Bibi
13:51 Apr 06, 2021

OMG i was laughing at the end. she did the best. i like APRIL

Reply

Ari Berri
14:00 Apr 06, 2021

=) Thank you! (April's non binary by the way.)

Reply

Wirda Bibi
15:37 Apr 06, 2021

oh ok got it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Wirda Bibi
15:37 Apr 06, 2021

oh ok got it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Angel {Readsy}
07:34 Apr 06, 2021

Wow

Reply

Show 0 replies
00:34 Apr 06, 2021

Cute story! Enjoyed this. April turned out to be quite a card.

Reply

Ari Berri
02:28 Apr 06, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Asumi Pringle
14:56 Apr 05, 2021

This story is really fun and amazing! I absolutely LOVE April and the ending! Amazing job in the story!

Reply

Ari Berri
15:00 Apr 05, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amel Parvez
11:38 Apr 04, 2021

WOW! AMAZING. LOBED IT!

Reply

Ari Berri
16:17 Apr 04, 2021

Thanks!

Reply

Amel Parvez
17:30 Apr 04, 2021

nopes! oops! i just saw that u r down-voted. do u hv any idea who is behind this? i will try my best to upvote u. sorry,

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Angel {Readsy}
11:59 Apr 02, 2021

Nice work Ari, I am impressed. It is a master piece, I will have its colour print out and paste that story in my story book

Reply

Ari Berri
13:07 Apr 02, 2021

=) Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

HOLD UP! YOUR LEAVING?!

Reply

Ari Berri
13:06 Apr 02, 2021

It was a prank for April fools.

Reply

Dang your good.

Reply

Ari Berri
15:14 Apr 02, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
02:40 Apr 02, 2021

April's an absolute boss, we stan.

Reply

22:28 Apr 02, 2021

Yaaasss we dooo

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
13:05 Apr 02, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Jasey Lovegood
01:05 Apr 02, 2021

Hey Ari! I seriously loved this story, and my favourite thing about it all was probably the character's names. Also dude- that prank. WHY

Reply

Ari Berri
13:05 Apr 02, 2021

Thanks!

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
20:49 Apr 02, 2021

Np! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
20:17 Apr 01, 2021

I love your imagery. As soon as you started describing all the tiny things I immediately got a picture of what's going on. I loved the blunt and nonchalant vibe this story gave. I don't think I have any criticism for you on this one. Another one of your well rounded stories :DD

Reply

Ari Berri
20:58 Apr 01, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:46 Apr 01, 2021

You're leaving? It's oaky if you she to for personal reasons, but please leave your lovely stories up, they are fantastic. I wish you luck on your writing journey. May all your plot twists be just twisty enough May your villains not be cliche May you have as much success as J. K. Rowling and may your heroes be wonderful

Reply

Ari Berri
19:19 Apr 01, 2021

....It was a prank.... Thanks though!

Reply

22:01 Apr 01, 2021

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH I TOOK THE TIME TO USE THE WRITERS BLESSING EVEN :| WELL SAVE THAT FOR IF YOU DO LEAVE

Reply

Ari Berri
22:05 Apr 01, 2021

XD Thanks!

Reply

22:07 Apr 01, 2021

Talk to Sia. I'm worried

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOUR LEAVING AAH

Reply

Ari Berri
18:22 Apr 01, 2021

Keep scrolling.

Reply

Ari Berri
18:37 Apr 01, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.