112 comments

Fantasy

Iris stared off into the distance on mount Olympus she had things on her mind. She learned recently that her daughter had been taken to Camp illusion. She knew she would be safe there as Eros and Psyche would probably take good care of her and the other demi-gods.

She was wanting to visit her though, she had never met her in person and she wondered if Harmony would even care to meet her. She didn't know how someone would react to meeting their parent who was gone their whole life but one who was also a goddess. At least she didn't leave to go get milk.

She learned From psyche that harmony had made a couple of friends during the short time she had gotten there. she was glad, at first she had thought that Harmony wouldn't get to make friends with anyone and would just be lonely there at the camp.

She also wondered how Indigo was since she also hadn't seen her ever since Harmony had been born. she wasn't sure either if Indigo even remembered her, she must have someone else by now. right?

Indigo sighed as she sat at the kitchen table with the house almost completely dark. during the time when she had harmony with her and recently after harmony left she tried getting with a few people. it didn't work out though, after the few days they didn't seem to have feelings anymore.

She didn't talk to anyone that much either, from time to time she talked to her step sister but that was about it. She wouldn't even know what to talk about though, how are you supposed to tell someone that your the mother of a demi-god because you got together with a goddess? that would sound crazy.

She wanted to try and visit Harmony because maybe that would make her happy for a little while. Though she wasn't sure she'd even be able to enter the Camp since she wasn't a demi-god or a god. she was just a normal person.

Iris reached the house, luckily for her she still remembered where the house had been and knew Iris would still be there. "Indy?" she began to knock on the door hoping she'd hear it.

Though She and Indigo had split when Harmony was born Iris still cared for her. Do i dare say that she maybe still had a few feelings left for her? maybe she did, maybe she didn't. Let's see what happens here together.

"huh...? i didn't invite anyone...Indy?" She mumbled to herself as she got up and headed for the front door. She turned on the lights so she could see and not just fall all over the place. Indy? who called her Indy?

Did her step sister come? she didn't remember her ever calling her Indy. was it a new name she thought of for her? she Remembered the name just a bit but didn't know why.

"Hello-Iris...?"

"Hey Indy..." Iris smiled as she entered the house and closed the door from behind her. Indigo herself didn't let herself go but she sure did let the house go. What even happened here? did she miss being with someone?

"what...are you doing here?? it's been over sixteen years!" Indigo asked as the two of them went over and sat on the couch. Iris was the last person...or goddess she thought would come and visit. why couldn't it have been harmony?

"i...came to Visit you Indy." Iris then told her, holding something back. Maybe later she could come back again and help Indigo with some things especially with the house. Maybe she could get a new house for her.

"YOU came to visit ME? why? you had plenty of times to visit me when harmony was here but you never did! so why just me? i thought you never liked me or at least not anymore."

Iris stared at her kind of surprised by what she just said. is that what she always felt like she thought about her? she thought indigo already knew how Iris felt about her. did she need to maybe remind her? yes. she did.

"Indy...i missed you" Iris said with a small sigh, she hated to admit it but she really did. she even thinks that she never stopped loving her. She still loved her for all the reasons she came to her and had harmony with her.

"wait...what?" She almost seemed surprised by this, why would a GODDESS love her? or even after all those years still love her?

"i really do Indy! i've missed you since i left and i guess...i still love you" Iris smiled again as her wings twitched around a bit. When was Indigo going to get it? didn't she feel the love when they had first got together? did she forget about it?"

"prove it..." Indigo told her.

Prove it? what could she do to prove it? That's when the idea came to her. maybe if she did it, it would finally be enough proof! let's hope it does work.

iris pulled indigo close to her while they were still sitting on the couch together. here i go. the two of them then shared a kiss on the lips.

When Iris returned to Mount Olympus there was another thing she had to do. She didn't know when or how it would happen but it doesn't hurt to start doing it. She knew Harmony would enjoy all the stuff she gave her in it.

She took out a piece of paper and began to write something down. the 'something' she was writing was her will, she had a small feeling that something might happen soon so she had to do this. Though she had a feeling the other's might hate this.

Zeus would probably be angry with her and probably a few others would be as-well. he had told them all several rules which for some reason included never giving anything to their demi-god child in a will. Though she didn't really care what Zeus said and didn't care what he would do if he found out.

She didn't have THAT much stuff either that she was going to give to Harmony it was just a couple of things. Though it still mattered to her and she had a feeling Harmony would like most of the stuff on it.

She finished writing the will after around 20 or so minutes and put it somewhere in an area no one really went to in Mount Olympus. "great! now i just have to wait for a little bit..." she mumbled to herself.

She was planning on probably to try and sleep for a while when she then felt something. Something was wrong with Harmony. oh god. what happened to her daughter? she had to get to the camp.

This isn't part 4 while it is connected its a bit different, part 4 will be at the camp and it will also be when the other new prompt comes out on friday.

August 30, 2020 02:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

112 comments

Zilla Babbitt
00:52 Sep 01, 2020

You asked me to read, so here I am. Clearly you did your research on Greek divinities! Well done there. The main thing I'd like to share is telling versus showing. There are grammar problems too (watch capitalization, commas, periods, and excess question marks and exclamation points) but those are easy to fix. Right now, you're telling me almost everything. She had learned recently, it still mattered to her, etc. Show me these things. You show the conversation, that was good. If you tell it, it would be like "She visited her sister, who c...

Reply

B. W.
00:59 Sep 01, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it and yeah i've always liked Greek Gods/goddesses so yeah i guess im good with it. I know i have to try and get better with that so maybe i still need to try and use grammarly or something soon. ill also try my best to just show and not tell with most of the stuff since thats also something you said. but still thanks and im glad you liked it ^^

Reply

Zilla Babbitt
01:18 Sep 01, 2020

Of course! Keep at it ;)

Reply

B. W.
01:21 Sep 01, 2020

Do ya have any ideas on what will happen to Harmony? i wanna hear a guess

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
23:03 Dec 11, 2020

Aww... sweet! This is an older one, but it's as good as your newest one, w ice I like a lot!

Reply

23:03 Dec 11, 2020

Wait, w ice? I think I meant which. :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
23:17 Dec 11, 2020

thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
19:04 Sep 23, 2020

I loved the way that you made this in Iris's point of view! Great job! (Fun Note: I'm the 100th comment! Hehe!)

Reply

B. W.
19:05 Sep 23, 2020

yeah that is fun ^^ Yeah i decided to actually have her there instead of her just being mentioned a lot, did you have a favorite part?

Reply

19:08 Sep 23, 2020

I loved the part where Indigo was yelling at her about how she left. I feel like that's a part that happens in pretty much every book, and your way of writing it was brilliant! (Even though I say words like, "Brilliant" and "Fantastic" I am not British! I have a decent British accent, but that's just cause I love Harry Potter!)

Reply

B. W.
19:11 Sep 23, 2020

i'm glad ya did ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:52 Sep 01, 2020

Hello, B.W.. This is a good storyline, and your characters were believable. The way that you showed Indigo and Iris instead of just the demi-gods was really cool. A couple of things: 1.) Throughout the entires story, I was confused as to who the story was revolving around. In the first four paragraphs, it is revolving around Iris. But then all of a sudden it switches to revolving around Indigo. It goes back and forth like that, and it's confusing. 2.) There were punctuation/capitalization/grammatical errors throughout the entire story. Gr...

Reply

B. W.
20:12 Sep 01, 2020

Thank's im glad you still liked this one and i decided to make this one and show Iris and Indigo until i thought of the real part 4. i also thought that it would be a bit interesting to show iris and not just mention her and to have Indigo come back for a bit. The story kind of revolves around both of them that's why it kept switching between Iris and Indigo if its confusing then i could try to find another way to do it instead of the way i did. i just thought that it would probably be interesting that way but im not sure if it is. Yeah i kn...

Reply

20:20 Sep 01, 2020

That all makes sense! I feel your struggle! My pleasure! My favorite part was the very end because it was a great cliffhanger and the pain in Iris' side was believable.

Reply

B. W.
20:33 Sep 01, 2020

im not sure if i asked you this or not so sorry if i have but do you have any guesses on what will happen to Harmony now in part 4? i already have a big plan for it but i just like hearing the guesses

Reply

20:46 Sep 01, 2020

I guess that... Iris will work some kind of goddess magic and Harmony will be okay. I hope!

Reply

B. W.
20:54 Sep 01, 2020

Maybe, maybe not. there might be a good ending for Harmony or there may be a bad ending for her.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:00 Aug 31, 2020

Hey, B.W. YOU’RE IN 98TH PLACE!!! I upvoted you and now you’re on the leaderboard! Congrats, sis!!! I’m sure you’ll be climbing up to the top ten in no time!! ~Aerin

Reply

B. W.
01:11 Aug 31, 2020

Ohmygoshthankyou! i went and checked my points and then saw this ^^ thank you so much Aerin :) i also did some more up-voting for you and i ended up getting you back into 2nd place a bit ago. i also actually haven't stopped and i'm still up-voting you a lot.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Taylor Pastore
03:52 Aug 30, 2020

I love your stories, they are so fun and cute!! They remind me a lot of the Percy Jackson series

Reply

B. W.
04:02 Aug 30, 2020

Thank's i'm glad you liked it ^^ i made these (at least only the ones with demi-gods) because i was inspired by the Percy Jackson series

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
S Smith
02:27 Aug 30, 2020

Ooh, I love this! I'm S Smith on my second account by the way, I can't get into my other one.

Reply

B. W.
02:28 Aug 30, 2020

Oh its alright, i hope you'll be able to get on the other one though. i'm glad you liked this ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

S Smith
02:31 Aug 30, 2020

I loved all of it!! The dialogue was really good, and you were great and writing emotions!

Reply

B. W.
02:32 Aug 30, 2020

Thanks i'm glad you liked all of it :) what did you think about Iris and indigo? did you have a favorite outta the two?

Reply

S Smith
02:35 Aug 30, 2020

Hmmmmm hard to choose but I think I’d have to go with Iris They’re both amazing though!!

Reply

B. W.
02:43 Aug 30, 2020

what did you think about the cliff-hanger? there's been like 3 of them that are leading to what happened to harmony.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:49 Sep 24, 2020

I only noticed a couple things. Some grammer issues (but this is from before soooo your grammer got better!) In the first few paragraphs, you kept switching the point of view without letting the reader know. Apart from that, well done!

Reply

B. W.
15:00 Sep 24, 2020

I can't really edit it to fix the grammar issues but i guess thank's for telling me at least. i'm glad ya at least liked it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
21:27 Aug 30, 2020

Great story! I really liked it! I recently read your other story- The Camp Part 2 - and I was looking in your comments. There was somebody that gave you ideas, was this one of them? Anyway, great job! I liked that it was from the mother's perspective.

Reply

B. W.
21:33 Aug 30, 2020

I'm glad you liked it ^^ uh who exactly do you mean by 'was this one of them' ? do you mean kate? i forgot her last name of it but its still kate and if so yes. but if not who else are you talking about? and still thanks im glad you liked it and i decided to add Iris into it instead of just mentioning her a few times

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:36 Aug 30, 2020

Loved it! So glad there will be more! You did better on the writing just a bit, there were still a few times where you didn't capitalize and there were also a few things you did capitalize that wasn't needed but it's okay. Can't wait to read more!

Reply

B. W.
19:44 Aug 30, 2020

Thank's im glad you still liked it ^^ I know i still need to try and maybe use Grammarly to help me with a few of the stuff. Did you maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

23:27 Aug 30, 2020

Yea Grammarly will definitely help you out a lot. It would actually automatically correct the capitalization and things like that. Did I have a favorite part? Actually, the entire thing was my favorite, you were able to have me kept reading and that's what made me actually like the entire story!

Reply

B. W.
23:50 Aug 30, 2020

Alright then maybe ill give it a shot soon i just keep forgetting. im glad you liked the whole thing as well ^^ im also not sure if you like romance but i did make one a while ago called "First love" would ya wanna check that one out as well? i'd like to see what you say for that one, its my first ever romance story

Reply

03:21 Sep 01, 2020

Yea I'll check that out sometime!

Reply

B. W.
12:52 Sep 01, 2020

Thanks ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nayab Ahmar
18:28 Aug 30, 2020

Loved it!! It's nice to see the story from the parents point of view- and it was sweet that they reunited. The ending was great- Iris sensing something was wrong with Harmony at the camp is such a motherly instinct, so it made it realistic. I hope Harmony is ok tho!! Great job!!

Reply

B. W.
18:32 Aug 30, 2020

Thanks im glad you liked it ^^ there's a 50/50 chance that she is ok and that she isnt ok because im actually getting a lot of ideas at the moment for what i should do for her. i decided to have Iris there for once instead of just mentioning her sometimes. Yep i guess the end was a motherly instinct, Iris actually cares about her kid and isnt a god/goddess that just leaves and never does anything which i think are like most of them in the stuff. What did you think about how indigo was doing and how they got back together sorta at the end?

Reply

Nayab Ahmar
18:38 Aug 30, 2020

Well it was nice that they were giving each other a second chance of sorts, but I think that Iris will need to earn their forgiveness since she left Indigo and Harmony and didn't even visit them. However, I think they'll do just fine because Iris seems to be nice, and like you said she's different from the other god/goddess'

Reply

B. W.
18:43 Aug 30, 2020

Yes, Iris will try to earn her full forgiveness later on in it don't worry about that. This won't be the only time where the two of them are together and talk in any of the parts they might be in the next part as well maybe, who knows we'll see :)

Reply

Nayab Ahmar
20:15 Aug 30, 2020

Sounds good!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jan H
16:07 Aug 30, 2020

This was a good way to build up to what might have happened to Harmony. The cliff-hanger builds up the tension. Iris' motherly instincts are on point. A mother can sense things. You did great. Looking forward to reading part four.

Reply

B. W.
16:27 Aug 30, 2020

Thank's im glad you enjoyed it ^^ i decided to add Iris in and not just have her mentioned and her be a good and caring mother and not be a goddess who doesn't really care. do you have any guesses on what happened to her?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Libby Carter
15:08 Aug 30, 2020

I love the story! The point of view from the parents is different amazing! Great job!

Reply

B. W.
15:10 Aug 30, 2020

What did you think about Iris and Indigo?

Reply

Libby Carter
21:54 Aug 31, 2020

I was surprised they got together after being apart for all those years, but I really liked it.

Reply

B. W.
23:00 Aug 31, 2020

I didn't really know how to add them back together but i wanted to but im bad at any romance stuff so i tried to do my best to do it even if it doesn't really make sense on why they'd get together after like 16 years

Reply

Libby Carter
01:59 Sep 01, 2020

It was still absolutely wonder! I am a sucker for a happy ending.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Estelle Westley
12:27 Aug 30, 2020

You're doing an excellent job. Don't stop. Enjoyed it and I am a granny.

Reply

B. W.
13:30 Aug 30, 2020

Thank's and alright i'm glad you enjoyed this story :) did you maybe have a favorite part to it?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
13:35 Nov 11, 2020

OHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!! It's a spinoff! I loved this, but maybe add ************ when transitioning through people's views, that makes it better. I loved it!!

Reply

B. W.
16:05 Nov 11, 2020

Thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part or something?

Reply

. .
16:25 Nov 11, 2020

Yes, I loved the reunion of the parents.

Reply

B. W.
16:34 Nov 11, 2020

nice

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sam S.
15:10 Sep 04, 2020

Great story! I love everything based on gods and goddesses. And..you asked me to tell you when my latest story is released. It has. Go check it out:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akshat .
02:29 Sep 03, 2020

Awesome story! You portrayed the tension between Iris and Indigo very well! Nice!

Reply

B. W.
02:30 Sep 03, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^

Reply

Akshat .
02:33 Sep 03, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kristin Neubauer
23:47 Sep 02, 2020

I'm so enjoying this ongoing story of Iris, Indigo and Harmony - keep 'em coming!

Reply

B. W.
23:55 Sep 02, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ the next part should be out by friday

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
E.F. Peterson
23:44 Sep 01, 2020

I love Greek mythology and I have to say that you did a fantastic job portraying the characters. Just be careful with punctuation:)

Reply

B. W.
23:47 Sep 01, 2020

Greek Mythology is always really great and thank you i'm glad you liked it ^^ i'm gonna try and use Grammarly with my other stories later so maybe that'll help me. did you maybe have a favorite part?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Itay Frenkel
17:06 Sep 01, 2020

The saga continues! I think you have a gift for writing fantasy stories. Your writing is improving, specifically the dialogue and showing the internal tension within the characters and external tension between them. There were some grammar mistakes, but that's already been pointed out by others. I'm gonna go upvote you so you can rise up the leaderboard. Way to go!

Reply

B. W.
17:26 Sep 01, 2020

Yeah i guess i probably do a little bit. I also guess that i'm improving a little bit but i'll still maybe try to Grammarly for that and the Grammar mistakes. Aww you are? Thank you Itay :) and thank's im glad you still liked it. the next part of it should probably be out somewhere on Friday

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.