112 comments

Fantasy

Iris stared off into the distance on mount Olympus she had things on her mind. She learned recently that her daughter had been taken to Camp illusion. She knew she would be safe there as Eros and Psyche would probably take good care of her and the other demi-gods.

She was wanting to visit her though, she had never met her in person and she wondered if Harmony would even care to meet her. She didn't know how someone would react to meeting their parent who was gone their whole life but one who was also a goddess. At least she didn't leave to go get milk.

She learned From psyche that harmony had made a couple of friends during the short time she had gotten there. she was glad, at first she had thought that Harmony wouldn't get to make friends with anyone and would just be lonely there at the camp.

She also wondered how Indigo was since she also hadn't seen her ever since Harmony had been born. she wasn't sure either if Indigo even remembered her, she must have someone else by now. right?

Indigo sighed as she sat at the kitchen table with the house almost completely dark. during the time when she had harmony with her and recently after harmony left she tried getting with a few people. it didn't work out though, after the few days they didn't seem to have feelings anymore.

She didn't talk to anyone that much either, from time to time she talked to her step sister but that was about it. She wouldn't even know what to talk about though, how are you supposed to tell someone that your the mother of a demi-god because you got together with a goddess? that would sound crazy.

She wanted to try and visit Harmony because maybe that would make her happy for a little while. Though she wasn't sure she'd even be able to enter the Camp since she wasn't a demi-god or a god. she was just a normal person.

Iris reached the house, luckily for her she still remembered where the house had been and knew Iris would still be there. "Indy?" she began to knock on the door hoping she'd hear it.

Though She and Indigo had split when Harmony was born Iris still cared for her. Do i dare say that she maybe still had a few feelings left for her? maybe she did, maybe she didn't. Let's see what happens here together.

"huh...? i didn't invite anyone...Indy?" She mumbled to herself as she got up and headed for the front door. She turned on the lights so she could see and not just fall all over the place. Indy? who called her Indy?

Did her step sister come? she didn't remember her ever calling her Indy. was it a new name she thought of for her? she Remembered the name just a bit but didn't know why.

"Hello-Iris...?"

"Hey Indy..." Iris smiled as she entered the house and closed the door from behind her. Indigo herself didn't let herself go but she sure did let the house go. What even happened here? did she miss being with someone?

"what...are you doing here?? it's been over sixteen years!" Indigo asked as the two of them went over and sat on the couch. Iris was the last person...or goddess she thought would come and visit. why couldn't it have been harmony?

"i...came to Visit you Indy." Iris then told her, holding something back. Maybe later she could come back again and help Indigo with some things especially with the house. Maybe she could get a new house for her.

"YOU came to visit ME? why? you had plenty of times to visit me when harmony was here but you never did! so why just me? i thought you never liked me or at least not anymore."

Iris stared at her kind of surprised by what she just said. is that what she always felt like she thought about her? she thought indigo already knew how Iris felt about her. did she need to maybe remind her? yes. she did.

"Indy...i missed you" Iris said with a small sigh, she hated to admit it but she really did. she even thinks that she never stopped loving her. She still loved her for all the reasons she came to her and had harmony with her.

"wait...what?" She almost seemed surprised by this, why would a GODDESS love her? or even after all those years still love her?

"i really do Indy! i've missed you since i left and i guess...i still love you" Iris smiled again as her wings twitched around a bit. When was Indigo going to get it? didn't she feel the love when they had first got together? did she forget about it?"

"prove it..." Indigo told her.

Prove it? what could she do to prove it? That's when the idea came to her. maybe if she did it, it would finally be enough proof! let's hope it does work.

iris pulled indigo close to her while they were still sitting on the couch together. here i go. the two of them then shared a kiss on the lips.

When Iris returned to Mount Olympus there was another thing she had to do. She didn't know when or how it would happen but it doesn't hurt to start doing it. She knew Harmony would enjoy all the stuff she gave her in it.

She took out a piece of paper and began to write something down. the 'something' she was writing was her will, she had a small feeling that something might happen soon so she had to do this. Though she had a feeling the other's might hate this.

Zeus would probably be angry with her and probably a few others would be as-well. he had told them all several rules which for some reason included never giving anything to their demi-god child in a will. Though she didn't really care what Zeus said and didn't care what he would do if he found out.

She didn't have THAT much stuff either that she was going to give to Harmony it was just a couple of things. Though it still mattered to her and she had a feeling Harmony would like most of the stuff on it.

She finished writing the will after around 20 or so minutes and put it somewhere in an area no one really went to in Mount Olympus. "great! now i just have to wait for a little bit..." she mumbled to herself.

She was planning on probably to try and sleep for a while when she then felt something. Something was wrong with Harmony. oh god. what happened to her daughter? she had to get to the camp.

This isn't part 4 while it is connected its a bit different, part 4 will be at the camp and it will also be when the other new prompt comes out on friday.

August 30, 2020 02:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

112 comments

. .
04:23 Sep 01, 2020

Such a good story!

Reply

B. W.
12:45 Sep 01, 2020

thanks im glad you liked it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
03:55 Sep 01, 2020

You really have a knack for writing fantasy stories! I would fail horribly if I did. Great job on this.

Reply

B. W.
12:45 Sep 01, 2020

Thanks im glad you liked it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
E.N. Holder
00:19 Sep 01, 2020

Oooh, I like that this had Iris's point of view! Nice job!

Reply

B. W.
00:20 Sep 01, 2020

Thanks! did you have a favorite part?

Reply

E.N. Holder
00:22 Sep 01, 2020

I liked the intro, it really hooked me into the story, I can see you're writing improving with each story you write!

Reply

B. W.
00:23 Sep 01, 2020

what did you think of Indigo and Iris?

Reply

E.N. Holder
00:28 Sep 01, 2020

I think you captured their relationship really well. It makes sense that Indigo would be skeptical that Iris loves her, and confused why she didn't come to visit when Harmony was there. You did a good job creating tension between the two.

Reply

B. W.
00:30 Sep 01, 2020

Thank's im glad you think i did good with that as well. this won't be the only time these two appear so is there maybe something you'd want to happen between the two in another part?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

This story was really good! Definitely reminded me of the Percy Jackson series, took me right back to camp half-blood:) I really like your characters and your use of greek mythology. You should be proud, great story!

Reply

B. W.
02:28 Aug 31, 2020

im glad you liked it ^^ i was inspired to do this by the Percy Jackson series so thats probably why it reminds you of it. did you maybe have a favorite character or part?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
02:33 Aug 30, 2020

Wow! This was amazing! I like how it was connected! I loved how you let us look into Iris' thoughts! Great job!

Reply

B. W.
02:36 Aug 30, 2020

Yep kinda like how the end of part 3/Zio's perspective was connected to the ending of part 2. I'm glad you enjoyed this story ^^ it was kinda fun to use Iris for once instead of just kind of mentioning her a few times in them besides the third one. Did you maybe have a favorite part in this one?

Reply

Avery G.
02:37 Aug 30, 2020

Yeah! Ooh, I really liked how the dialogue went so smoothly in this one.

Reply

B. W.
02:42 Aug 30, 2020

There's been like 3 cliff-hangers that are leading to what happened to harmony in part 2. it won't be terrible, i promise it'll be a good one. but do you have any final guesses on anything of what happened to her?

Reply

Avery G.
04:46 Aug 30, 2020

Uhh...maybe she got hurt or something? I don't know!

Reply

B. W.
04:58 Aug 30, 2020

Maybe, it's alright that ya can't think of anything though

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
14:19 Aug 31, 2020

Hey! Great job with the story! There are some small grammatical mistakes, make sure you always capitalize names no matter what :) But great job!!! Loved it, definitely will read again :D

Reply

B. W.
14:22 Aug 31, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ I know i still need to try and work on the Grammar things and the capitalization. im going to try and use grammarly or something like that whenever i go to make a new story later. and still sorry for not saying my name i just don't like it you can still just call me "B.W." i dunno if you were asking for it if you were maybe gonna make a story of me but even if you did you could still call me that. really sorry though Laiba. and so did you maybe have a favorite part or character to this story?

Reply

Laiba M
14:40 Aug 31, 2020

Yeah, I use Grammarly when writing stories :) Don't worry about the name thing! If you're not comfortable I won't pressure you~ I liked Iris and that she decided to connect back to her previous relationships with Harmony and Indigo, I do think you should've added a bit more thought into it. Maybe she regretted meeting up with Indigo just for a second? Maybe she thought that she could've not done it and things would be better that way? Adding a bit more doubt makes it seem like a bigger, more monumental event haha but good job!!

Reply

B. W.
14:52 Aug 31, 2020

I've been trying to use it but i keep forgetting because i forget things easily tbh :/ Yeah i kinda thought that as well whenever i finished the story that i should have maybe added a few more things with her and indigo. This won't be the only part with these two in it, they'll probably be in the next few parts so maybe i could add some little moments with them talking about a few things. i have a lot of ideas for part 4 so i could probably add it in.

Reply

Laiba M
15:03 Aug 31, 2020

That sounds great~ I'm looking forward to it!!

Reply

B. W.
15:06 Aug 31, 2020

I'll go and tell you whenever its out, but do you have any guesses on whats going to happen?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.