93 comments

Adventure Fantasy

Aura kept running far away, no way was she ever going back to that place. Though she wasn't going to go to HER kingdom again she knew a place that she'd want to go to.

"Xian.." She mumbled to herself as she started heading to the other kingdom. Kingdom Xian was the kingdom her parents had mentioned earlier being in trouble. this'll be a great place i just know it...

It was easy for her to enter the kingdom, usually at the gates there were guards that you had to go through, now it was just empty. "That's...a bit strange" Aura mumbled.

"Hello? anyone over here? its me, Aura from kingdom Briam" she called out as she walked through one of the streets. maybe i should go to the castle? maybe i could stay there

Aura continued to walk through the kingdom, maybe if she got to the castle they would let her stay with them. Rosy and Roxy had to let her stay, why wouldn't they?

"Aura! AURA! where are you??" Storm was finally able to go back into the castle after her parent's forced her to stay outside a bit longer. come on come on where is she, i know the place is big but she doesn't even go into a lot of the areas!

"Shifty, Darling, what are you doing?" Her mother asked as she knocked on the door to get her attention. gosh, why is that child so worried about that...thing?

"WHERE is Aura??"

Both her Mother and Father seemed to stare at each other confused before staring back at Shifty almost seeming confused. "A...aura?" Her father spoke up.

"Shifty, Darling, who is...Aura? oh! do you maybe mean Ari?" Her Mother asked chiming in. the girl is probably just in the kitchen or something, i know how she is!

Storm's eyes seemed to widened as she now had gritted teeth. are...are they for real? Ari? she's been alive for ten years and they don't bother with anything! why did they want any kids if they were gonna act like...like this?!

"Come on my darling Shifty, i'll go make you some dinner, its gonna be your favorite!" Her mother smiled as she then grabs her arm and starts to take her out of the room. maybe i'll make some pizza, wait is that her favorite? i think thats mine

"no."

"Huh?" Her mother turned around to see that Shifty had gotten out of her grip and backed away. what.is.she.doing. is she talking back to me?? i've been a good mother, why?!

"What did you say Shifty?? come with me and your mother, now. it's time for dinner." Her father said almost annoyed by this. he started walking over to her so he could take her into the dining area.

"NO." she said again, but this time louder, almost...growling? She shape-shifted into a wolf where she then all of a sudden bit down on her father's hand.

Her Mother gasped as she faintly backed up in shock as Her father yelled in pain. "Storm! what in the world do you think you are doing?!" she yelled.

Shifty didn't respond, instead she released her Father's hand and stared at her while growling. these two idiots need to pay for what they've done! they even knew that only child could have the power when they were having her years later!

Aura sighed, it had been almost two hours and no one was answering her knocks on the castle. People walked around nearby but they didn't seem to actually be doing anything about a small child being alone.

She stopped knocking after a couple more minutes and only now lays on a few of the steps on the castle. where's Roxy...? where's Rosy..? they should have opened the door by now, i..i miss shifty..i wonder how she's doing..

"Mother what's that?" a younger Shifty asked her mother when she saw a little bundle being carried around the castle. Her mother only seemed to stare at her blankly for a few moments.

"Eh here take it, we named the thing Aura i think, i'm not sure." she told her, almost blankly again. She threw the wrapped up baby aura towards Shifty who luckily caught her.

"i..im a...big sister?? im a big sister!" Shifty cheered quietly when she looked at the baby while sitting down. She looked up at both her parent's who just seemed annoyed and both of them left the room a bit quickly.

"don't worry...aura, your big sister's got ya." Storm said with a small smile and a funny face. "I won't let Anyone hurt you at all.."

Aura suddenly broke down crying a bit still on the steps of the castle. no one still did anything though, they just kept walking around. "i..i miss shifty...i wonder if she even m..misses me though.." she sniffed.

She thought about maybe leaving and going somewhere else, maybe to the other kingdom. She had a feeling though that it would just be the same as this. something bad is gonna happen soon with that other one, they have to be busy i guess..

"Well...i still wanna try to start a new life here, maybe i could find my own pow..." she stopped when suddenly thunder and rain began to happen. oh great, just great, why??

no i can deal with this, i'm going to stay here and never go back! i'll start a new life here and forget about my old life forever, maybe ill try to get my own type of powers! yeah that seems like the plan. she thought with a large smile.

Shifty stared back at her hurt Father and her scared mother with another faint growl. they deserve all of this and whatever else is to come, they didn't even need kids...

Storm then snaps her jaw at her mother as she was still shape-shifted into the wolf and began to leave the room. "w-where do you think your going?! you have to stay!" her mother called out.

"i'm going to save my sister! Whenever i DO find her i don't think either of us will EVER come back!" she told her mother and ran out of the room. she glanced at them one final time and could see how startled and shocked they were.

Wolf shifty ran out of the castle, she would go and try to find her throughout the kingdom. she couldn't have gotten that far from here possibly! don't worry aura i'm coming...

September 13, 2020 21:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

93 comments

03:51 Sep 14, 2020

Great job! This one is a great addition to the series.

Reply

B. W.
04:03 Sep 14, 2020

Thanks ^^ what did you think of the parents in this one and did you have a favorite part?

Reply

04:21 Sep 14, 2020

No problem! Its kinda odd how the parents forget who she is and everything, I feel kinda bad for Aura. My favorite part was probably the ending.

Reply

B. W.
04:31 Sep 14, 2020

like i said, they don't care for her, at ALL. So they'd forget her name and all that a lot of times, don't you remember in the flashback where The Mother just sort of...tosses newborn aura towards Storm? that could have hurt her badly or maybe something worse. How did ya feel about her hurting her father when she shape-shifted into the wolf?

Reply

16:46 Sep 14, 2020

Yeah. Hmm, IDK. It was kinda sudden but she was just mad I guess.

Reply

B. W.
16:52 Sep 14, 2020

later on, is there maybe something else you want to happen to the parents?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
16:09 Sep 15, 2020

Yeah new comment thread right here, don't know where else we could do it. All those ideas are really good and i like them ^^ Those are mostly ways to meet Willow and one of those ideas i've actually thought of so i'll do one of them :) you have any ideas for Alternate Harlow or no?

Reply

16:14 Sep 15, 2020

Do you want to have Au Harlow just walking by or how do you want to get them to meet?

Reply

B. W.
16:17 Sep 15, 2020

No i don't want her to just be walking around like its a casual day, remember Au Harlow is a Wanted Criminal and is Evil, so maybe there could be something about that with how they meet or something?

Reply

16:23 Sep 15, 2020

Well she could be running out of a house she robbed and Harlow is walking by and they see each other and stop. Or Harlow is doing roadside cleanup (You know how some criminals have to do that) and she sees Harlow and quickly switches people and then Harlow ends up doing it. I am running out of ideas...

Reply

B. W.
16:24 Sep 15, 2020

Okay, could i tell you how much of a wanted Criminal she even is? The ideas are still good but from how she is she wouldn't be robbing a house (when she was first starting out she might have)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
21:53 Sep 13, 2020

Ooooooh, another great Shifty and Aura story! Nice work

Reply

B. W.
21:54 Sep 13, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part to it?

Reply

22:02 Sep 13, 2020

I never really have a certain fav part

Reply

B. W.
22:04 Sep 13, 2020

oh, well was there something you just sorta liked in it? like how aura and storm were or something?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Evelyn ⭐️
00:21 Sep 22, 2020

Great story!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Artemisia Pearl
00:47 Sep 15, 2020

I loved this story! You did a very good job! *Plot twist Aura ends up being Shifty's imaginary sister that she shape-shifted out of a spoon.* Also can you check out my newest story, "The Lass We Found In London?"

Reply

B. W.
00:49 Sep 15, 2020

Thank's im glad you liked it ^^ wait, what? is that what you think is going to happen in the later parts or something with that plot twist? and sure, i will soon

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
00:53 Sep 15, 2020

Yeah! That is what I think might happen. It would be an amazing plot twist! I just can't wait for the next part of the series!!!!!

Reply

B. W.
00:56 Sep 15, 2020

Why do you think that Aura is Storm's imaginary sister though?

Reply

Artemisia Pearl
03:04 Sep 15, 2020

Well because the way the parents ignore her is sad. And it would be pretty hard to forget your own child. But maybe Aura is the ghost of a sister that Shifty's mother lost during child birth. And Aura is the image of what the girl would have been. So I guest it's just the way I read the story. The outcome could be just about anything. But I think that this is my favorite series of yours!

Reply

B. W.
03:17 Sep 15, 2020

there's some bad news with that theory though i hope your not mad or something- Aura isn't a ghost or Shifty's imagination shes 100% real and the parents just suck at being parents to Aura, they only care about Shifty because she has the powers so they don't care that much about Aura. They know shes there though because in one of the parts they tell Shifty that Aura can't go stargazing with them, or they at least directly tell that to Aura and at some other points they fully say something to her, Name any other reason's why you thought she w...

Reply

Show 1 reply
B. W.
14:34 Sep 15, 2020

i also have some really great news ^^ i'm making a novel

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Evelyn ⭐️
22:23 Sep 13, 2020

YESSSSS!!!!!! Part 3 was awesome! I loved it so much B.W!!!!! Great job making the plot as amazing as usual. I think the detail was great and there wasn't a moment where I thought otherwise! I thought you did a nice job inserting the prompt in. Overall this was a great story! Just think out loud hear: Part 4???????? Also I have a new story out if you wouldn't mind checking it out!

Reply

B. W.
22:30 Sep 13, 2020

Thanks i'm glad you liked it ^^ and yes there will eventually be a part 4 i think. did you maybe have a favorite part and what did you think of the parents in this one? and sure i'll check it out soon :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Yolanda Wu
06:38 Sep 22, 2020

This was a nice continuation of the story. I think you perfectly illustrated the parents and how they just really don't care about her, they don't even know her name! Which made me feel frustrated along with Shifty. And poor Aura. I think you described all the emotions really well. Amazing job!

Reply

B. W.
12:52 Sep 22, 2020

Thank you, i'm glad you enjoyed it ^^ did ya maybe have a favorite part to it and what did you think about what shifty did to her mother?

Reply

Yolanda Wu
23:40 Sep 22, 2020

My favourite part would probably be where Shifty gave the parents a good talking to. And well, her mother deserved it.

Reply

B. W.
23:58 Sep 22, 2020

what do you think should happen in the next part?

Reply

Yolanda Wu
00:20 Sep 23, 2020

I would be looking forward to Shifty finding Aura, and maybe some more of Aura. But of course, your story, you can do whatever. :)

Reply

B. W.
00:25 Sep 23, 2020

i did make a new story if ya wanna check it out as well and leave some feedback? it's with my demi-god series and it's called "It has begun"

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
23:31 Sep 13, 2020

Wow, this was good! I loved it! My favorite part was the ending! Part four???? Great job!

Reply

B. W.
23:40 Sep 13, 2020

yeah part 4 will eventually happen ^^ what did you think of the parents in this one and what did you think about what Storm did?

Reply

Avery G.
04:35 Sep 14, 2020

I was kinda shocked about what Storm did. But I understand why

Reply

B. W.
04:41 Sep 14, 2020

what do you think might happen in part 4?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.