361 comments

Teens & Young Adult Gay Friendship

If we're all our own solar systems, what do we gravitate around? I think most people answer questions like that pretty quickly; there's the heart, of course. But then there are our brains.

It goes further than that. Sometimes, our suns are the things in our lives. I look across the seat, and I spy Mina, nearly attached to her phone. She scrolls quickly through her feed, only to pose with Denki for another quick selfie. Filters are added, and it's posted in an instant.

"Oh," she catches me looking. "I forgot to accept your friend request, Nico."

I nod, trying not to look uncomfortable now that she's noticed me. "Um... I didn't send one," I try to smile back, but it turns out a little hazy. "Kiri... did you get into my phone?"

"No," he hangs his neck a little. "I mean... I saw your socials... are you mad?"

I lean back into his warm neck. "Of course not." Everything feels almost at peace, but why does that make me feel guilty?

"Katsuki's gonna meet us at the theater," Jiro tells us, trying not to look me in the eye. I can tell she's still nervous from her boyfriend's outburst earlier, and her earbuds vibrate with silent fury. Her sun is music, I think. Each note is its own star, and her earbuds are the moon.

"Tell him we'll get there soon," Kirishima orders, hanging his arm around my neck. I fidget a little, releasing myself from his vice grip, causing some odd looks.

"Just need some air," I try to say, but there's a small pinprick of hurt in his eyes. "Sorry."

When I see his face turning a little red, I peck him on the cheek, slow and careful. It's fun to finally watch him squirm and be under my control, I guess. I mean, when's the last time I actually knew what I was doing and was in charge? It feels like it's been years since my opinion mattered.

I catch a few other people on the subway staring at us. One mother even blocks her child's eyes. The father walks toward us, eyes narrowed behind his pale face and close-cropped hair.

"Boys," his voice has a tinge of a southern accent, the only thing of him that isn't straight-edge and as clean as possible. "My son is right there. I'd like to ask you to stop."

"Stop what?" Mina stands up, hands on her hips. "I'm sorry, what are they doing?"

"That gross display they just put on," he points to us, face turning red from rage. "I don't want him influenced by you two."

Jiro slowly pulls out her phone directing it toward the man, hiding it slowly underneath the table. I eye her slowly, nodding to assure her; it's the riskest choice, but it just might be the right choice.

"Kiss again," Mina turned to us, pointing her finger. "Please."

"Not the worst thing in the world," Kiri laughs, placing his finger against my cheek. "You okay?"

"I just don't know if we should be doing this," I say back, slowly. "Like, stoking the fires or something."

"I'll protect you," Kirishima claims. "Are you ready?"

I nod, feeling the heat of the man's stares as we kiss again, full and flush.

"You're both going to hell," the man shouts back at us. "You damn homos."

"Harold," the wife calls, her face pinched and full of anger. "Just stop."

"I am not letting our son be on a train with these kids," the man turns back to her. "Get off the train."

"We're going to be late for our movie," Kaminari checks the time on his phone. "That's not really worth it."

The older man pulls out his wallet, handing Denki a couple of dollar bills. "Get the fuck off the train."

"This is our right!" Kiri pulls up from the table, standing in between our table and the man. "You can't just force us off a train because of how we are. Would you have yelled at a straight couple?"

"That's irrelevant," beads of sweat march from his forehead down to his neck. "That's fine for my son to see."

"You keep talking about your son," I point out. "But what about what he wants?"

"He's fine," the man insists. "And if all goes well, he won't end up like you f*ggots."

That's the second time Kiri's had to hear that word yelled at him just this morning. I try to rub his back and hold his shoulders, but there's something about the way the man said it; with Katsuki, he apologized immediately for the outburst. It was from pure anger, raw energy being pulled into a word he's probably heard thousands of times himself. But with this man, there is only conviction. Only hatred runs through his deep voice.

"What did you just call me?" Kiri says, trying to keep tears out of his eyes.

"Man up, f*ggot," is the man's only reply.

"Being manly doesn't have anything to do with putting down other people. it's how we control ourselves and help others. Maybe you should show your son some fucking respect and tell him that. Maybe you cou-"

The red-haired boy doesn't get to finish his sentence before the middle-aged man's fist connects his fist with Kiri's soft face. Our entire group jumps in shock, staring at the blood that falls to the ground, darker and more vivid than his hair.

To my surprise, Kiri doesn't put up his fists to take his own blow. While I'm sure he could nearly beat the old man within an inch of his life, my boyfriend(?) stands there, rigid and solid.

"Hit me again," Eijiro demands. "Show him a true lesson about manliness."

There's nearly no hesitation in Harold as he swings again, catching Kiri in the gut. He doesn't even budge from the blow, unlike the hit from the jaw.

"I'm still standing," Kiri points out. "Keep hitting me!"

The child cowers in his mother's arms, staring as his father pummels Eijiro four more times, this time aiming for his head. He's aiming to spill as much blood as possible, I realize.

He would kill Kiri if he could.

"Don't hit him again!" I push my love out of the way, holding myself close. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"This boy just insulted me to my face, tainted the mind of my son, and ruined the entire train ride for so many," the father points out. "I won't stand for it. Not in my town!"

I crane my head back, trying to get a view of Kyoka. Sure enough, she's still filming, a nervous expression on her face.

"Nico," Kirishima holds my hand. "I don't want you getting hurt."

"But you we-"

"I know it's hard to believe," he laughs, pulling me closer. "But I'm even tougher than I look. That was nothing. And anyway, I think he's taught his son a lesson."

"And what would that be?" the man crosses his arms, stern and collected once more.

"That his father is a brutal and violent man," Kirishima holds his arms up again, blocking one last punch. He smiles as the impact barely pushes him back. The old man's fists are nearly soaked in blood, a mix of his and Kiri's. Eijiro never even took one punch, but the man is as bloodied as he is.

Am I dating a god? Or is he just as perfect as I thought he was at first?

Another look up toward his eyes denies both these suspicions. No, he's not perfect. the scar above his eyes will always remind him that he wasn't born sculpted and beautiful. He's had to deal with his own mind killing him slowly too.

Kiri just got through it faster than me.

โ€œWell,โ€ Jiro shrugs, pushing her phone back. โ€œI guess the internetโ€™s gonna love that.โ€

โ€œAre you sure that was okay though?โ€ I ask. โ€œI mean... I donโ€™t know.โ€

โ€œKirishima never laid a finger on him,โ€ Denki points out. โ€œHeโ€™s alright.โ€

โ€œBut that guy might be fired!โ€

โ€œGood,โ€ Mina scrunches her nose. โ€œLooks like our stop is heading up soon.โ€

And just like that, my argument absolves into nothing. Everyone returns to normal conversation, but I stay silent. Kiri senses this and leans back with me.

โ€œIโ€™ll tell you a story later,โ€ he promises, a sparkle in his eye. โ€œI think I know where youโ€™re coming from.โ€

โ€œGot it,โ€ I nod, trying to focus my attention on the conversation. Of course, their words are like a different language. Iโ€™ve never had a friend group like them, and I doubt theyโ€™d want to hear about my SATs or studying habits. Iโ€™m in uncharted territory. In a new world.

Finally, blissfully, the trainโ€™s doors open, revealing the inner city. After a few moments, we stumble upon a particularly grand garden that I barely recognize, despite having gone on this trek nearly every day for school.

"Damn," Denki whistles. "Has anyone been here before?"

Jiro shakes her head, pulling out her phone. "Apparently, I've walked around here about a thousand times. But no... who got these theatre tickets?"

"Katsuki," Mina says. "That's weird..."

"What?" Kiri crosses his arms, leaning up against a bench. A lofty cherry tree leans down over him, covered in pink petals, surrounding a horde of blue lilies, lining the deep green grass next to a silver fountain. "He took me here before."

"He did?" my eyes widen a little.

"Yeah," he pushes his red hair back a little, holding it up in a thin white bandana, strictly contrasting from his darkly tanned face. "He had a different side to him, you know."

I look back to Kiri, trying to read the deep emotions lining his eyes, but a loud noise interrupts me, followed by a snare drum.

"Wait," Jiro cocks her ear. "Is that playing-"

"Line without a hook," I finish. "But why..."

Kyoka figures it all out first. "Hold my phone," she orders me. "Record. Now."

Before I can ask questions, Bakugo appears from behind the fountain, tossing his thick, blonde hair in the sparkling sunlight. "Sorry for being a dick earlier!" he shouts, sliding down the rim of the fountain. A large poster lies in his hands, and I think everyone realizes a single second after me just what it means. Even Denki, with his limited brain capacity, figures out what Katsuki's trying to say.

"Kyoka," Bakugo wipes sweat off his forehead, glimmering and shining. "We've only been dating for about four months, bu-"

"Five!" Eijiro yells, crossing his arms. To my surprise, he's smiling, despite his ex clearly making a big announcement to his girlfriend.

"Five," Jiro nods. "Yeah. You don't even need to finish it, Katsuki. I'll go to prom with you."

Everyone breaks out into laughter as Bakugo turns red, whipping around to face Mina and Denki.

"Dumbasses!" Katsuki throws his poster up in the air. "Do you know how long it took me to make that?"

"Not as long as it took me to love you," Jiro points out. "You really are a great guy, you know. You just do some terrible things."

He shrugs. "I'll take it. Nico, are you still filming?"

"Uh," I just realize this is the first time he's spoken to me without screaming.

"Yeah," I affirm. "You did great."

"I fucking know that, dork. I was just gonna say that ya'll should probably just get your act together and ask each other out while you're still filming."Kiri and I turn as red as his hair. No... it's probably even worse for me, given my pale complexion. "What?" I look up to Kirishima, watching the smile grow on his face.

"I mean," he rubs his neck awkwardly as I angle it toward him. Jiro snatches her phone back, focusing on the two of us. "We slept together."

"What!" Denki screams.

"Not like that!" I shout back toward him. "God!"

"Let's give them a little time," Mina suggests. "I'm gonna go in and get our seats. Everyone else can get some food."

Soon enough, it's just Kiri and I standing together, leaning over a bench.

"I want to tell you my story," Kiri promises. "Would you be okay with that?"

"I'm fine with that," I tell him, slumping against a tree. "To hear you talk is like music."

"I like the sound of that!" he pumps his fist before turning slightly grave.

"I know you're probably tired of hearing me say that people are manly," Kirishima admits.

"No," I say, biting my cheek. "It's sweet."

"You don't have to lie," he says. "I mean, I know you're partially telling the truth. But that's how this whole story started.

"I had a girlfriend," Kiri says. "Before I realized I was..."

"Gay?" I add. He nods slowly.

"Still hard to say it. Anyway, I think that was around the time I started realizing I was... gay. And then I met Bakugo. Would you believe that when I first met him, I wasn't like this? This isn't my natural hair color... it was black. I dyed it red because I thought he would like it. And I practically worshiped him. To me, Bakugo was this unattainable beauty, one that I kept trying to get.

"My father wasn't the best. I think they realized I was gay even before I did. And that... well, my father isn't the nicest man. Sort of like the one on the train. Anyway, he wasn't... happy. He has this idea of what manliness is. Let's just say it doesn't align to mine. He beat me when he found out that I knew."

"But-"

"I know. It wasn't him though, I think. He was being controlled by his beliefs. He's not even that religious either; he just hates people like us. People who let themselves be free. To me, it's the real identification of manliness."

"But he didn't agree with you," I guess, holding my arm around his neck. He leans into it slowly. How can someone be so soft, yet solid as a rock? "He kicked you out?"

"I left with my mother," Kiri finishes. "And I kissed Bakugo. All on the same day. We were at a party, and I was done with my girlfriend. To be honest, she wasn't even a terrible girl. No one I'd hang out with these days though. We broke up when she caught me, but I don't even think she was that angry. I saw her making out with a boy like half an hour later."

"Slut," I laugh, not really meaning it. Luckily, Kiri catches that too.

"We were both sluts," he leans back against a bench, catching the sun's rays. "And we were wild, unattainable, and destructive."

"You were planets crashing into each other," I affirm. "Meteors, maybe."

"You really like space, don't you?"

I turn red, trying to hide behind the collar of my shirt. "How did you-"

"You sleep talk sometimes," he says. "I mean when you actually sleep. It was cute!"

"No, no nooo..." I mumble, trying to crawl into my shirt. God, what else did he hear?

"It was literally too fucking cute," Kiri says, trying to pull me back out. "Like, please don't change anything about yourself. You're imperfectly perfect. And that makes you perfect."

"That's not how it works," I point out. "But I'll take it."

"Well," he kneels down, smiling widely. "Would you go to prom with me? I know you've only been here for a little while, and prom is way far away... but it'd mean the world to me."

"Of course," I tell him. "I just can't believe Katsuki proposed so early in the year. Aren't you supposed to do it in like spring or something?"

"Bakugo is..." Kiri looks up toward the sky, trying to find the right words. "Complicated. Cocky. He likes to win, I guess. And we're seniors now. Sure, all his sports and clubs are looking like they'll win... and he's even probably gonna make it to salutatorian. But that isn't enough for him. He told me in freshman year that he was confident that whoever he was dating in the fall of his senior year, he'd still be dating them by prom."

"That's rich," I grin. "He's literally terrible at relationships."

"Ah yes," Kiri smiles back. "But he makes up for it with great sex."

It takes most of my competence to not burst out with laughter. "Really? Is that why you stayed with him so long?"

"No," he pushes me back a little, only to come in even closer. "He was nice when he wanted to be. Charming, even. Not at all how he acts around you."

"Maybe not," I point out. "He was a little nice."

"Hmm," Kiri pulls me up, not sounding too happy about that. "We should probably get going."

And just like that, our conversation is dead, completely put down by Kirishima, the last person I'd expect to destroy anything.

And the world falls apart.

April 21, 2021 14:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

361 comments

Iโ€™m only on episode 6 of the dub... Reki is just so cute, Adam must perish

Reply

Lol good you have taste He is a VERY good villain though, from a literary view. One of the best Iโ€™ve seen in a while, actually

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
13:30 May 13, 2021

Sorry for the nagging, I was going to leave you alone... but I can't stand poor phobias being misunderstood, so please kindly replenish your vocabulary Thalassophobia: fear of DEEP water bodies and the creatures in them, which I guess is the word you are looking for Aquaphobia: fear of every water body (ie swimming pools, bathtubs, soup bowls?) and maybe the things in them? (snakes? spiders!!? vegetables??! ok, now this is getting rational) Hydrophobia: (this is the word you put in yur bio) fear of water... and caused by rabies, which you...

Reply

oh no, it's okay. To be honest, I haven't been writing anyway today and I might not; I got the second vaccine and I am very tired and run down and crashin today sooo... yeah. Sorry to disappoint, hehe, but I'm just unable to write much good today lol okay... Oh... yeah I'll put in the first one because it's much more accuratee

Reply

13:53 May 13, 2021

ooh! now you are immortal! wait... I sound stupid, and stupid I am, hurray! I sound like what I am! (sorry... was writing a story and is in that mood right now, soooooo) And you mean literally crashing or... metaphorically crashing? I am confused because I'm great at both and if you are not writing.... can I nag you more? XD

Reply

Yeah... I don't feel immortal, lol. I am crashing as in this is the first time I have no desire to work out in months and I feel awful and stuff yess nag I've been watching a new anime too, lol and maybe will change pfp bc a character looks very similar to the one I have rn

Reply

15:01 May 13, 2021

How's binx? =) oh no, the feeling that your brain juices are being replaced with maple syrup and slime, when everything seems dreary and weary, arh A new anime?, AND YOU ARE GOIN' TO CHANGE YUR PFP? I wanna see that miracle Lol hm, what's a better story name?... 'Atlantis', 'As lost as Atlantis', or 'Lost'? (I'm using the 'Write a story about a character who gets lost at a carnival or festival.' prompt)

Reply

CAT He is cat, and cat is he. Both of my cats wanted my bed though, so I had to kick them off bc they were fighting, and then I haven't seen him since. He is very bitter. My brain juices are more being replaced with cotton candy and fluff and heart melting thingies. Maybe poprocks. All those candies. I tried to put an x in replace... YES I MIGHT CHANGE IT (AND MY NAME/ EMOJIS) BC UBHIJNFTU I think "As lost as atlantis". Original, cool, and mEtApHoRs well, similes whatever AAAH

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
11:46 May 15, 2021

Eh, sorry for the late reply, there was a power cut, and you know, each of us has a backup light aaand guess who was the only person who charged NOTHING, you get three guesses, but you only need one, and YES, you are right! Itโ€™s The Magnificent Me! My room looked like a witches den with candles at every corner and a dead phone made sure that life was very boring except when I almost burned up my bed... well a hole in the sheets is not that bad, is it? Life is kinda looking boring and eventful... Iโ€™m not sure. Hm, how are you doing? Hehe, ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
00:18 May 11, 2021

Hey, Ethan! It's been a while.

Reply

19:10 May 11, 2021

I'm good! What about you?

Reply

Lol, I just got over a lot of stress so Iโ€™ve been getting back to writing

Reply

00:31 May 12, 2021

That's great! Are you going to post a story any time soon?

Reply

I'm working on a collab right now... I'm going to try to work it into my final for creative writing as well, so you'll see something soon :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Malini S.
14:05 May 07, 2021

Hii <3 I've been in a writing slump for about a month or so and I really miss interacting with people on reedsy otherwise, so thought I'd start a chat :) How've you been?

Reply

Lol you caught me in the middle of a v i b e so I'm fine... right now. But I've been throwing myself around a lot in the last two weeks bc I have sooo much stuff going on... in two days though, it'll be over and I won't have many hard things to do anymore! FIngers crossed I survive, lol

Reply

Malini S.
14:42 May 07, 2021

Got my fingers crossed for you too, good luck surviving two more days So is the v i b e good or bad rn?

Reply

It's good. Lol, Conan Gray made a new song, and I am vibing... I have a play tomorrow AND standardized testing which is... ughhhh. Lol. But, I do love may, so at least it's nice out.

Reply

Malini S.
15:08 May 07, 2021

Same same, played it on repeat for a few hours in the morning today, it's one hell of a emotional bop (as is all his songs) Good luck with the play!! May's generally average where I live, it's hot and humid and we never know what to adjust to

Reply

It's better than overdrive, lol. Overdrive... felt flat. And I like how the story has the same chord progression as it. May is pretty good here. Cool, but a little warm. the leaves come back. I always relate may to November too. They're both great months.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ ๐Ÿฆˆ...

Reply

Show 1 reply

Ohh... I must have tried to press reply and then it never actually tapped/I wasn't sure if it did, and I didn't want to spam you, lol I'll check it when I have time!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
11:51 May 05, 2021

Arhhh!, literally, isn't yur play/test the day after the day after tomorrow? SORRY FOR THE BOTHER! (look at lucky me, I'm just sulking 'cause summer break is over) but all of those together?, like at least you only have to study one subject once? or are they for different subjects? Or are they total chaos? (arh, em, sorry for that... hearing any word related to exams puts me brain in freak out mode Lol, you MUST NOT reply if you donโ€™t have time for it) Thatโ€™s like me narrating morbid things with extra details while everyone is eating popc...

Reply

*Counts on fingers*... no... I think you're in a different time zone that makes it that... no, it's the day after the day after tomorrow. Wait... Okay, so today is Wednesday, and then it's on Saturday... Oh yeah, I am ready for the math part of the test. Okay, so my country has the tests where basically you do a ton of English work with science and history included in it, and then there's the math part, and it's supposed to show colleges how gucci or not gucci you are at existing, except most colleges don't care any more because of covid. NO...

Reply

17:52 May 05, 2021

That- THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID! Ok, exams can't decide anything! like what I do in an exam hall- sigh, write, chew on my pen (bad habit! ya, ya, I know, brain), sigh, yawn, sigh, die what I do outside it- trip, rant, sit on tables (chairs get boring), be creepy, have INSANE maniac energy, listen to pop-rock, read, WRITE (the same word but drastically different), live and... stuff my mouth with pop rocks while looking INNOCENT? that's skill, I mean who else can do that? eh? Lol Eh..., sounds like an... aptitude test? *looking down at...

Reply

YAY! I'm not so horridly bad at math! For exams for me... I sit there, unmoving... but then I fidget a little... and then more, and then more and more and more until I can't focus at all. It's insane, and it's awful, lol. Well... the test is literally the "Scholastic Apttitue Test" so yeah... it's just an aptitude test. And I kinda hate it... like most people. Oh my god, my nails used to be like that. Like 100 percent destroyed, messy and broken and basically falling off in shards sometimes. And now they're not cut as short (I don't keep th...

Reply

11:55 May 06, 2021

SO YOU CAN STAY ALIVE!, but math is going to make me head hollow, eh, em... psych? Well..., I dunno, I had a girl-o-phobia till fourth grade or somethinโ€™ (DONโ€™T EVEN ASK) and itโ€™s still creepy sometimes Lol Middle school... for me, most of it... well, if someoneโ€™s going to say that โ€˜the older you get the harder life getsโ€™ Iโ€™m gonna be like โ€œGah, right, I was a ignored and pathetic nerdy dork, and do I look worse now?โ€ but tbh Iโ€™m pretty scared of devolving or something... eh, I donโ€™t even want to think about that At least you wonโ€™t be int...

Reply

You don't how much I needed that line "Stay alive!" Like... ugh I just want it to be next week already. I am drowning and literally just by talking and writing and being way too obsessed with a specific show and character is helping me through... let's hope I can just last until Sunday (fingers crossed) Girl-o-phobia? Ha, I was sort of a little popular with the girls... mostly because my brothers were so annoying to them that I was better in comparison. Of course, I stupidly believed that would last until middle school. Middle school just d...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:33 May 07, 2021

Do I need a reason for everything?... Wait... yur play is tomorrow too, right? Oh god, go on a bit more and you might succeed in making me faint... like my eyebrows have risen a good one cm now Lol, and ha, covid has a way of making things more... ARH! Or I'm just grumpy 'cause of ANOTHER lock-down here. Eh..., I'm actually guilty that I'm thoughtlessly nagging you... But... how does the world even work for girls? (and now I'm feeling so STUPID, like, so StUpId) Yes, I mean, that was essentially the first thing I had to learn, when it s...

Reply

Well, no. But I do, lol. Because everything has a reason. Wait, that reminds me of this https://youtu.be/LBMZ2Y_QGa4 I am in a writing spree so I'm just gonna leave that here lol and then s c r e e c h hehe

Reply

11:50 May 08, 2021

Ha, KNEW that you would fall for that! Cool lol How's yur test? lol did you SURVIVE? and yur play? (I can't say, 'cause of time zones of the day, hey!, why am I sounding like donald duck in dismay... wait... noway!)

Reply

I LIVED Now colleges can see how much I can pretend to be good! Actually... I didnโ€™t cheat though.... which is weird. It feels like I cheat on so many things I donโ€™t care about...you have to catch me on a good day if you want me to try hard. BUT if you do catch me on one of those days, trust me when I say that Iโ€™m going to be all in. To the point of over exhaustion... like with running, Iโ€™ve run until I feel faint. And lots of times, even after that. It sucks that i had two things I care about so much, because Iโ€™m feeling faint while writi...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:03 May 10, 2021

OH MY! YOU IGNORED HIM? Lol, and how come your shirt is exactly black? oh...., oh, OH! *looking stupid* I didn't know the english word for it... Lol I seriously have a bad vocabulary. A pot EXPLODED? Lol and Not even one okay pot was there? eh... I thought that you could find that Lawful evil mary sue everywhere Lol Ahem,*tries to look rather highbrow and dramatically know-it-all-y*, anything more to say about dreams? (I'M SO INTERESTED IN THIS STUFF THAT IT'S CRAZY!) Sudoku... coincidence, coincidence, I'm staring at the last box of th...

Reply

It's funny... my inside shirt is bright yellow, but then my outer shirt is all dark black. very weird. Oh... that makes sense. And yeah... pots explode every year! Someone doesn't care enough, and then it explodes! My brother and sister also fell for the fact that in my school, there is only one shade of pink paint that you can use; pig pink. It's... brown. Basically just brown. and they fell for it every year! DREAM DREAM DREAM DREAM wait... I don't think non Americans know what sharkboy and lavagirl is... it's a terrible movie from my chi...

Reply

13:32 May 11, 2021

Lol tho... I'm getting too lazy to even get out of pajamas these days..., not going to care much about color combinations Lol Wow, so It's an yearly event! Lol Wait what? *Snickering* *trying to stop chuckling so that I can type* And they fell for it more than once? *idk why but sinkers a bit more Lol* Sharkboy and lavagirl? eh... no, haven't heard about that... but... Sharkboy and lavagirl? I mean i've herd weirder titles... Ok, that's just stuck in my head right now XD Ha, I need to bow to you or somethin', you are the first (not an...

Reply

Lol... I make sure to have my pajamas match... they must match! YES. I mean, it's not a yearly event any more, because that was middle school art that we had every year, and the high school art department is 1: Not mandatory every year, and 2: actually well stocked. Oh... it was a very, very bad movie. Like, low budget and stuff. But kids my generation from America love it. Parents hated it because it was sooo bad. Lol, my sister is a sudoku nerd, not me! I put on auto notes and stuff (Mine is on an app, btw). My sister makes every mode h...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply

Tripophobia isn't a fear of holes. It's a fear of small and inclosed spaces. I have it too... *instantly regrets searching up the head of a lotus seed.*

Reply

Oh yeah lol the head of a lotus seed... it's very bad And... it's trypophobia... are you sure?

Reply

Sorry-meant trypophobia. I keep on thinking it's tripophobia, though. When it's on human skin, though, it's worse.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:39 May 05, 2021

Hiya! How have you been?

Reply

Well, I've been "leaving" reedsy... as you can see though, that means that I'm just not submitting stories. I'm working on a much larger story I might post. Other than that... ooop iDentItY pRoblEms

Reply

21:51 May 05, 2021

Ah, I see. But nice!!!! mEeEeP good loouuck Soooo...random-questions-to-carry-the-conversation time! For 24 hours you get $1,000 for every person you make cry but you can't physically harm anyone. What do you do?

Reply

Who said that you have to physically harm them? I make them cry through song (not my singing) through art, and through pain. The worst kind of pain doesnโ€™t come from physical things

Reply

23:40 May 05, 2021

Well, not me, thatโ€™s the point of the question XDD Ahh, bootiful. Tru...

Reply

Lol I love how your response was โ€œBeautifulโ€ What about you? How would you do it?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Angel {Readsy}
20:06 May 04, 2021

Ahhhhhhhhh very creative

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
18:28 May 04, 2021

Ugh ~exams~

Reply

Yep. I have ap exams AND college exams AND statewide exams all around the same time, and then high school exams like a week later. And they're all in completely different subjects

Reply

Sia S
00:32 May 05, 2021

Oh dear god. :/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:18 May 04, 2021

Hey. I'm just letting you know part two of The Greenlands is out now...If you wanna go check it out...YOU'RE IN IT THIS TIME...main focus actually :)

Reply

18:43 May 04, 2021

YES! Read it please :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amara Tillington
19:29 May 03, 2021

How are you?

Reply

Well, hmm. I don't know how to answer that because I don't know you well, so I'll give you the appropriate answer; alright. How about you?

Reply

Amara Tillington
18:18 May 05, 2021

Pretty good. I don't really know you, but I think my alternate account (for my youtube channel on writing) read some of your stuff.

Reply

Ohhh. Wait... what's your alternate account? That makes more sense, lol.

Reply

Amara Tillington
11:45 May 06, 2021

I can't tell you, since I use a fake name for youtube and don't want people to make the connections. I think Pixelclouds is an account like that. It's someone's account for their youtube channel. I won't say who because they asked me to keep it a secret, but you've commented on the alternate's stories before.

Reply

Ahh that makes sense. Hm... maybe I'll try to use my skills to figure you out... Or just not. Either way, I wouldn't find out, probably

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

"... I wouldn't call it illusion, but make it so that my character does but then they reveal that everything they does is realTrypophobia: Distortion of human reality/ form, fear of body holes and dysmorphia (I have a severe case of this in real life, lol)" ... can you please clarify lol XD specific kinesis name? more in depth of what it means?

Reply

Okay... so it should be called illusion at first... but then it's distortion, in terms of names. BUT it's just a lie; they can either do distortion or illusion. You could also make it more like they say that they have distortion, but it's actually just illusion. And then trypophobia is just... what it is.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
13:01 Apr 30, 2021

he he, you think i understand? you think me math teachers understand my math? they just let me go because some how i always end up with a right answer, other than the fact that i forget to put unit sings... ya deleting is... sad but bah idk i feel so loser-ly... wait, do you have any tips for fan fiction?

Reply

If you really want to delete something, make sure you purge it so that there's absolutely no way you can ever find it again. You don't want to see it half-decayed or something and then regret it and try to fix it, because that's one of the worst feelings. Fan fiction? Don't make it basic, keep it inside the world and how they act but also make sure it's directly composed and clean, with a clear message similar, yet different to the one already given. Make it your own, but make sure it's related to original source material.

Reply

13:44 Apr 30, 2021

Ya... like but idk I might see traces of it there and here and then I'm like 'why did I throw it away!' And idk why nobody (excluding people who write) understands when I rant on about it... lol it's actually pretty dampening Ok, like there are not much 'messages' in it... and it's, well ya'll understand when I finish writing it cause for what I'm writing abou is a SECRET lol It's the characters I find hard and the one I'm working on is pretty weird and different and fan fiction writing doesn't usually cover such chaos Thanks for ze ti...

Reply

Chapter one is... nearly finished. Okay... plz stop asking tho lol, because I'm focusing on doing the best I can with what I have. You'll probably get to read it... may 28th. Don't ask, lol He's annoying, lol. Shoved his face into mine bc I was on my phone

Reply

15:23 Apr 30, 2021

SORRY! Like I AM overly naggy... Lol, but beware, I'll ask on 28th.... Bha HA ha Ha hA! He he adorable You write in your phone, right? Lol I think I kinda hate digital pages lol, worse when it's bigger actually

Reply

Lol, well, he's a cat. I think digital pages are the only thing I can really write on, tbh

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:49 May 01, 2021

hm, only talented people can, XD lol I think I write on the phone when Iโ€™m writing, like technically writing. Like I donโ€™t plan much but I have written a back-story for like every one of my OCs , even in short stories (and.. on reedsy cast? Iโ€™m bickering a lot with your character, lol, no back-story fits, I guess I should go on with front stories lol) , like itโ€™s USELESS, but I practically just write to have fun (ahem, naivety). And when I write like that I write in paper, but when Iโ€™m technically writing, I NEED a sense of โ€˜grounded-nessโ€™ ...

Reply

LOl, that's the rule of ocs. You just keep writing backstories until they eventually combine and become a whole story, tbh. Sorry for the short response, I'm supposed to be writing a song, and it is... yep. This is very... mUsIcAl Oh nooo ew noo I hate spiders

Reply

12:56 May 01, 2021

hm, that's kinda how yur series started, right? XD lol, k, don't reply if ther's no time, AND ooh, you are writing a song? (hidden abilities XD) but, like... for what?

Reply

I'm writing a song for class... it's very weird lol. We were given the opportunity to just do literally whatever we wanted, and then it ended up... very weird lol. But pretty good. Yeah, that's how my series started. It was kind of hard to tie them together, but then one person clicked with another... and it all just tied itself up from there. Tangles came in, but I was able to sort through them a lot which made it... I wouldn't say concise, but at least a little bit cleaner

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:30 May 03, 2021

ooh, em...., it can be called... electronic indie?, and electronic indie....., hm...., sounds awesome! kinda like.... cake with... a kinda tangy icing, fantastic! my style would be... classical mixed with electronic pop rock? okaaaaay, it depends on my mood, and weirdly ends up like.......... anime themes? (ANIME THEMES! oh YES! I LOVE anime themes!) Lol and practically, I'm a mindless mongoose with music, so... well *shrug* hm, yaa, tho paperbacks could be cool too Lol ooh, so cool! I can seriously see yur style in a graphic novel, b...

Reply

Yeah, you'd think people would just understand that electronic indie is a genre, lol. Too bad some people are like "bUt OwL cIty" and it's like... how is that relevant at all? But classical with electronic pop-rock? Yeah... that actually really interesting. Lol anime themes can be good, but too many of them sound wayyy too similar. No; I like when there's the song in the anime soundtrack where it's like the main theme but dramatic and emotional. That's kinda amazing, lol. Yeah... maybe some of the inner thoughts are the captions? Hm... I do...

Reply

15:16 May 03, 2021

Ya..., like the songs for the pivotal points and all! like, the music is all lifting-spirit-y, I also like the part when the hero starts winning the fights Lol, cool upbeats XD, but ya..., most anime themes sound similar but some are COoooooOL Give me some time, a budding artist right here (eh.... does any dictionary define 'some time' as two years? XD) ya...., XD dreams of being an artist goes back into the suitcase And a full graphic novel would be like........ *eyes roll up, and me falls backwards* *comes up* can i get some ice cream...

Reply

Yesssssssss. That is the best moment in a soundtrack, where it's like, they don't automatically win, but they have a better chance than they used to. Yeah... I don't know how artists do it, to be honest. That's a lot of work. It's just insane to look at a massive book and be like "Okay... how does someone write this? This is a lot of work" *Opens up file of three finished stories* Okay, so maybe it's not that impossible, lol. I was gonna say blue for fred... it's weird to think about how I have like no characters who are blue though. Yeah, ...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.