30 comments

Drama Suspense Holiday

DISCLAIMER: Contains crude language and sexual references. 


‘Samantha was stewing over something while she baked those damn cookies. What the hell is wrong with her this time? She's been so moody lately and I have no idea why she is even hosting this ugly sweater cookie exchange with other couples. She hates cookies! She's always so focused on her weight and appearance that she avoids sweets. 


'Sam, what's wrong with you? You're acting crazy over these stupid cookies. Why are you even hosting? You don't even eat that crap.'


'Nothings wrong Mark, nothing at all. I'm not being crazy. I fucking hate it when you call me that.'


'I didn't say you were crazy, I said you're acting crazy. There's a difference. I don't know what's going on with you lately. You won't talk to me without being shitty and your temper is unlike you.'


'Just drop it. I have to finish baking and get them ready. They'll be here at 7.' 


'Fine, I'll drop it. But, you're not acting right. Just sayin'.'  


'Just sayin'.' Samantha mocked me as I walked away. God, what a bitch. And she wonders why I'm not close to her. She's been acting like this for months now. 


She used to be fun and goofy. We always made fun of each other and joked around about everything! Ever since her mother died about a year ago, she has been off her rocker. I mean, she couldn't stand the woman for one. I get it, it's still sad, but damn. When is enough enough? 


Sam has been so distant after that. She barely wants to have sex anymore either. Like, once a month is ridiculous. It's no wonder my eyes started wandering. I mean oh my gosh. That sexy physical trainer at the gym just wouldn't give up. She wanted me so bad even though she knows I'm married. 


What's worse, is she knows my wife. Like, they chit chat whenever we go to the gym together. It's when our schedules don't line up and I go by myself that she hits on me so hard. 


It got to the point where Jessica would come on so strong, that I had to walk away and take a shower really quick so I could rub one out. She knew what she was doing. I didn't just imagine it.


I know this because after we exchanged numbers, our conversations were nothing but nasty exciting sexting. I haven't felt this way in years. I mean, Jessica is so fucking hot and wanted me so bad that it was only logical for us to meet up and see if we actually had physical chemistry. 


When I say she rocked my world, that was an understatement by far. She's so damn flexible too. I was so embarrassed the first time we met up and had sex because I came so fast. Jessica didn't care though, she just giggled and asked if we could go another round. I definitely obliged and lasted more than an hour that time. 


Jessica knows I have no intentions of leaving my wife of 15 years. But, lately I've been wondering. Should I leave Sam? She's not who I married all those years ago. The fire is gone. Her moodiness is insufferable anymore. She's not the woman I met in college now. I don't see her changing anytime soon either. Who knows, Jessica is super into me, maybe her and I could just get together without having to sneak around anymore.  


That cookie exchange too, what the hell is that all about? She's been acting so weird for the last few months. I don't even want to be here for that, but she insisted I come because it's a couple's thing. Wine and cookies. I'm definitely getting drunk tonight. This is stupid. 


7pm


Couples started to arrive all dressed in ugly Christmas sweaters with tins of cookies while Sam and I greeted them and offered wine. 


Sam was in a great mood now and playing the perfect hostess. She was smiling and laughing. She actually looked really beautiful tonight even in her sweater with a lit up reindeer on it. She had some spunk to her and it reminded me of who she was before her mother died.


Sam was even being sweet to me of all people. Her smile lit up the room. Her laughter was infectious. Oh god, she was making me aroused. I needed to go outside and get some air before my bulge got a little bit too big.


The air was crisp and chilly out. It felt good and bad at the same time. Why couldn’t Sam be like this all of the time? She hasn’t aroused me since I started my affair with Jessica. 


Oh god, I am such an ass. Maybe I shouldn’t have met up with her several times. I probably shouldn’t have met with her at all in retrospect. I can’t think about that now. It is what it is. I can’t take it back. I’ll just break things off with her tomorrow. No harm, no foul.


As I walked back into our house, my heart stopped. Jessica was in my living room with a younger guy holding her hand. She was wearing a lit up sweater that said, ho ho ho. It was so snug and long with nothing but black panty hose covering her long slender legs. She looked so sexy and provocative. My groin began to ache just looking at her. Who the hell is that guy with her though? He didn’t look over 21, if that. Sam was talking to them, so I walked casually toward her and Jessica.


‘Hey Jessica, how’s it going? Who’s your friend?’ I asked as nonchalantly as possible.


My heart was racing now, but not for the reasons they should have been for. Who the fuck was this guy she was with? He definitely was swollen and looked like a gym rat for sure.


‘Hiyya Mark, this is Chad, my boyfriend.’ She replied as if it was no big deal at all. Especially since this is the first I’m hearing of it. My blood began to boil. 


I reached out my hand to shake his. ‘Nice to meet you Chad.’ I gripped his hand hard. The boy didn’t even flinch or even seem to notice the power play I was attempting.


‘You’ve got a cool house dude.’ Dude? Did he just call me dude?


‘Thanks, man.’ Why didn’t she tell me about him? Is that what she wants in a man? A young guy with big muscles? How dare her bring him here. 


‘Mark? Are you alright?’ Sam was looking at me with concern. Shit, did I give something away?


‘Yeah, I’m good Sam. I think I need another glass. Can I get you one?’


‘No, that’s alright. I’m already on my second glass. Trying to pace myself.’ Sam giggled.


Second glass my ass. She's already tipsy. At least she's in a good mood. 


'Do you guys want something to drink?'


'Sure, I'd love a glass.' Jessica said while pawing all over boy toy.


'Chad? Would you like one?' I said through gritted teeth.


'No thanks, I'm the DD.' He chuckled. 'Plus, I'm not old enough, another month though. Almost there.' He laughed as he said it.


Fucking great. He's just 20? What the hell is Jessica thinking? He's just a kid. She's 35. I need to get away from this crap. 


'No worries. I'll be right back. White or red Jessica?'


'Red for me please! Thank you.' She gave Chad a quick kiss and grabbed his ass.


'Hurry back Mark, we're starting the exchange and games once you get back.' Sam said with a slight slur. 


I headed for the kitchen steaming. I need to calm down. For god's sake, I'm married. Jessica doesn't belong to me anyway. She should have at least told me instead of pulling this crap on me. 


'Alright everyone,' Sam said 'Let's get exchanging! Place all of your cookies on the tables around the room and we'll get going. After that we'll play a quick game.' 


Sam was in such a great mood. I started to feel guilty now for even getting jealous of Chad. I have an amazing, beautiful wife. I need to end this once and for all with Jessica. Tomorrow. 


After the exchange was made, all of the couples sat down in our huge living room. I watched in anger while Sam was setting up the projector and pulling down the screen. She was definitely in the bag now. At least Sam wasn't a sloppy drunk. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. Everyone but me. I was ready to get this shit show done and out of the way. I had a few too many glasses myself. 


That bitch. How could I ever have slept with her and cheat on my wife just to find out she has a boyfriend. She was all about me and acted like she wanted only me. I'm a chump. That's just it. I refuse to see her anymore after this. I'll just go to the gym when she's not working and avoid her all together.


'Okay, okay guys,' Sam hiccupped just then and giggled. 'Oops! My bad. I have a special surprise for everyone. You have to close your eyes first!' She started to laugh some more. Most everyone laughed in return. Then Sam turned off the lights.


What the hell? Is there a fucking gas leak in here? I’m too drunk for this crap. I’m definitely not in the mood for any games. I’m just going to go to the bathroom, say I threw up, and go to bed. 


‘Okay everyone. Open your eyes!’ Sam said joyously.


Everyone fell silent and looked confused as they read what was on our projector screen in the dark. Then all at once, gasps escaped many of the women’s mouths. I heard an, ‘oh shit’ and a ‘that’s fucked up’ before I finally saw what was on that screen.


In Sam and I’s living room, lit up only by the projector screen was a slideshow of screenshots shared between Jessica and I. I looked up at Sam to see her staring at me smiling with one of the most evil and scary looks I had ever seen in my life.


Fuck. 








December 09, 2020 04:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

30 comments

15:55 Dec 09, 2020

Well done. Satisfying close. Good for Sam :) The best part is the name of Jessica's trashy boyfriend: CHAD. Of course it's CHAD.

Reply

D Kase
15:59 Dec 09, 2020

Haha, thank you so much! It was fun to write. Chad seemed more than appropriate. Lol. (No offense to any Chad's on here 😏)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
A.R. Eakle
13:38 Dec 09, 2020

Haha! I loved it. I absolutely hated the main character. You did a really good job of portraying him as a bad guy, and making the reader feel bad for Sam. I was waiting for that big reveal! I love how you make it seem like he feels guilty for cheating on his wife, when really we all know he doesn't feel guilty for her, only for himself. Because it made him feel like a chump. The guilt has nothing to do with his wife, which only adds to his selfish nature. Good story!

Reply

D Kase
13:58 Dec 09, 2020

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed writing this piece. I wanted to delve into his selfish and crude nature in the form of his point of view. Thank you for your feedback.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Claudia Morgan
02:44 Dec 20, 2020

This dude- Hold on could you give me his appearance so I could make a voodoo doll real quick? Jokes aside, great story, loved it!

Reply

D Kase
11:15 Dec 20, 2020

Hahaha! Voodoo doll. I love it! Thank you so very much!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
13:25 Dec 14, 2020

This fit the prompt surprisingly well! When I saw the warning I was like, "ohhhhhhhkay?" but the way you weaved this story, I could definitely see this being a reason why you invite people to a cookie exchange!

Reply

D Kase
14:28 Dec 14, 2020

Thank you ever so much for reading my story! I'm so glad you appreciate it for what it is haha. I had TOO much fun with this! 😏

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Josh C
08:03 Dec 16, 2020

Great story! Serves the man right.

Reply

D Kase
11:17 Dec 16, 2020

Thank you! Exactly....

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Itay Frenkel
04:01 Dec 13, 2020

"Second glass my ass." 😂 I really enjoyed the main character's thoughts, while at the same time thoroughly hating him. I didn't see that ending coming, but good for Sam. One question, why did Jessica decide to reveal her affair, was it out of guilt? Also, Way to go with Chad, he acted exactly as you'd imagine a guy named Chad would act. Overall, you took a prompt that was probably meant for romance and created the exact opposite...I'm not sure what kind of story this is, but I loved it!

Reply

D Kase
04:30 Dec 13, 2020

Oh yes, he was most definitely a character you LOVED to HATE! He was such a tool! I like to look at the story from a different point of view sometimes you know? If I would have had Sam as the main character, it might have been good? I really want people to see from the eyes of a dirt bag that has no remorse except for the fact that he got caught. He was ONLY going to end things with Jessica BECAUSE she brought a boyfriend he knew nothing about. He was selfish and disgusting. Haha. I don't know what kind of story it is either, eek! It was...

Reply

Itay Frenkel
04:44 Dec 13, 2020

I'm so glad it was from his point of view and not Sam, his observations made me laugh and hate him all the more at the same time, and if it was from Sam's perspective it would have probably been a lot harder to keep the twist at the end a surprise. I love it when someone writes a dark story based on a prompt like this, people will have no idea what's in store 😂

Reply

D Kase
04:53 Dec 13, 2020

Hahaha, thanks SO much for your amazing insight. I'm glad you liked my main squeeze of a d-bag!! I shall deliver more very soon! :D

Reply

Itay Frenkel
05:01 Dec 13, 2020

Looking forward to it! Don't hesitate to let me know when you post your next story. Just an idea for you: 'Chad' the story of a not-so-mild-mannered boy with small dreams, big muscles, and an even bigger ego.

Reply

D Kase
05:11 Dec 13, 2020

Awesome, thank you so much! I'm about to go to bed now. But, tomorrow I'm starting another prompt. The goal is, in theory, to publish at least ONE story a week on here. Wish me luck! Haha. I'll notify you as soon as it's posted. :) It's already 11 pm here. I better get SOME sleep before my baby wakes up at 5am haha.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nainika Gupta
21:07 Jan 13, 2021

Awesome Job :D I loved the touch with Chad!! Made me laugh, and that ending?? *chef's kiss*

Reply

Nainika Gupta
21:07 Jan 13, 2021

and nice to meet a fellow Illinoisan!!

Reply

D Kase
15:03 Jan 14, 2021

You're an Illinoisan too!? Haha, that's great! I'm in central Illinois Thank you for commenting! I'm glad you enjoyed the short!!!

Reply

Nainika Gupta
15:19 Jan 14, 2021

ahaha :D Yeah, I'm in the burbs of Chicago!! and no problem!! It was great :D

Reply

D Kase
16:06 Jan 14, 2021

Thank you ever so much!!!!!!! Yay we're neighbors!😎

Reply

Nainika Gupta
16:11 Jan 14, 2021

Yessss!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Elliot Thomas
13:50 Dec 28, 2020

I don't remember who I told this to, but one of my favourite parts of reading a drama story is being able to hate on the narrator. I hate overly horny dudes and this guy is far too much. The only decent character in this is Chad. He's responsible and polite. A wonderful lad, except for his taste in women.

Reply

D Kase
14:18 Dec 28, 2020

Hahaha YES! I'm glad you liked it!! I loved to hate him! Most everyone knows a guy like that too... Poor Chad.... am I right? Haha.

Reply

Elliot Thomas
20:43 Jan 06, 2021

ahh sorry, forgot to like it sooner. chad deserves his own story though. justice for chad

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
05:34 Dec 17, 2020

<removed by user>

Reply

D Kase
11:00 Dec 17, 2020

Thank you ever so much!!!!! I sure will keep writing, :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
05:38 Dec 11, 2020

<removed by user>

Reply

D Kase
12:13 Dec 11, 2020

Thank you for catching that! Fixed! I found another error while I was at it. Thank you for reading. 📖

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.