Rainbow Memories

Submitted into Contest #86 in response to: Write a story where flowers play a central role.... view prompt

359 comments

Contemporary

It was a great day for gardening, the sun filtering through the windows, the air fresh and unsullied.Β 


Iris finished her cup of chamomile tea, set it on her marble counter and went to the closet to get her gardening clothing. Her smock used to be a bright white, but it was now a dull gray, with smudges of soil appearing every so often. Her boots' dark leather was worn and torn with use, a rip starting to form near the right top lace. Her gloves were thick, like a football glove, embroidered along the edges with green thread, a purple flower on the back with its bright, droopy petals.


An iris.


She tied the smock behind her back, slipped on her gloves and her boots. Iris picked up her little cloth tool bag, took a deep breath and opened the door.Β 


The sun warmed her face, the sky a pale blue. The grass was emerald and stretched across the backyard like a blanket. Iris loved her garden more than anything because it was the only thing that made her happy. Most other elderly folk loved having cats, dogs or other pets, but Iris had already had 5 fish, a dog, 2 cats and a lizard, which all died, so she wasn’t keen on getting more.


Iris walked over to the flower garden, which took up about a third of the full one. The other two held fruit and vegetables, which she ate, because she had a severe phobia of pesticides.


Shielding her eyes from the sun, Iris dug into her tool bag for a specific type of seed. She had wanted to add a flower to her garden, one that she had been missing for a while. The flower garden was arranged in a circle, the five different species blending into each other, creating a rainbow.


Iris loved rainbows, for she was named after the Greek god of them.


The first species of flower, the red one, were dahlias. The bright red petals shaped like seashells flapped slightly in the breeze like pom poms. Their shades of red varied, from an almost-pink to a deep crimson. The shadows in the middle of the petals were mysterious and dark, like a stormy winter’s night.Β 


They reminded her of her eldest sibling, Poppy.


She loved everything red; red bed sheets, red clothing, red notebooks, even red food. Poppy was very obsessed with strawberry anything for a while. Poppy’s room was a blast of red, red posters, red pillows, red walls . . . she loved her name so much too. When she was little, Mother told Iris, once she had found out poppies were red, she was so happy, jumping and asking Mother to take us to a field. Her bright green eyes shimmered whenever she talked about the beauty of the flower she was so happy to be named after. When she was about 20 years old, she would rock Iris, just a toddler at the time, and would set a deep red shawl, not that different from the dahlias, on her lap so Iris would be comfortable. Poppy read stories, told events of her days at college, and defined words that Iris would not remember anyway. She was the one who comforted Iris in storms, or when a sudden ring of the doorbell woke her up from a nap. People thought that red was a dangerous colour, but Poppy showed the kind side.


Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β β‹†β”ˆβ”ˆο½‘οΎŸβƒΫͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ ❁Ϋͺུ ❃Ϋͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ οΎŸο½‘β”ˆβ”ˆβ‹†



Next to the dahlias were the tiger lilies. The five orange petals curled outward slightly as if saying hello and little black spots hung out near the middle like freckles on someone’s nose. These were a light orange, less intense to the eyes than the dahlias.Β 


They reminded Iris of her second oldest sibling, Cameron.


He was the most reckless, didn’t care if he punched a peer or trampled someone’s lawn, he just did what he wanted and no one could stop him. Cameron hated that Poppy was the oldest, he thought he was a boy, so therefore he should be older and more mature. He would always be the cause of those awkward silences during dinner or the start of a fight between Iris’s other 4 siblings. Cameron always pretended he was the strongest, the bravest, the most courageous, but really, he was just as delicate as all of us on the inside. The orange reminded me of his carelessness, his boisterous attitude, but also the light side of him too.



Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β β‹†β”ˆβ”ˆο½‘οΎŸβƒΫͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ ❁Ϋͺུ ❃Ϋͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ οΎŸο½‘β”ˆβ”ˆβ‹†



To the right of the lilies were the yellow jessamines. Like little bells attached to stems, they were tiny and bright, with the petals a pale yellow like a baby chick’s feathers. Iris had planted quite recently because her daffodils had died and she wanted another flower that was just as bright as they were.


They reminded her of her closest and third oldest sibling, Ethan.


Ethan had a simple name, but he was not a simple person at all. He was happy, buoyant and kind, even to Cameron, which was almost unbelievable. He was shy and didn’t like being in the spotlight much, except in plays. In Hamilton, just being one of the extras on the street made him so happy. In kindergarten, Iris had to draw her family and pick a colour to represent them. It took her a bit longer because she had 5 siblings, but also she made sure to pick exactly the right colour for each and every one. Iris had picked a yellow, a pale one like the jessamines, for Ethan since he was often the light to her day.



Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β β‹†β”ˆβ”ˆο½‘οΎŸβƒΫͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ ❁Ϋͺུ ❃Ϋͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ οΎŸο½‘β”ˆβ”ˆβ‹†



Next to the jessamines were the green carnations, which resembled the paper flower Iris had made a lot during her childhood. The edges were frayed and were thin, like Iris’s worn, wrinkly hands. They were green like the grass or stems, but a different green. Not one of plants, or leaves, but one of hope and wishes begging to come true.


These reminded Iris of her second youngest sibling, Alaia.


Her name meant joy and she was such a terrific person to be around. Alaia loved to be the center of attention - the opposite of Ethan - and she loved to sing. She was pretty good at it too, her voice like an ethereal cobweb of notes, rising and falling like the ocean’s waves. When she was little, Alaia sang songs like β€˜Mary Had A Little Lamb’ or β€˜Baa Baa Black Sheep’, but she grew up and decided she wanted to be a professional singer. She had travelled around the world bringing her green-tinted joy to everyone who listened, but she always remembered where her roots were.



Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β β‹†β”ˆβ”ˆο½‘οΎŸβƒΫͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ ❁Ϋͺུ ❃Ϋͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ οΎŸο½‘β”ˆβ”ˆβ‹†



Finally, next to the carnations were the forget-me-nots. They were tiny, little blue specks amongst the giants of the other flowers, but not insignificant at all. They had mini yellow centers, like a sun in the middle of a vast sea. Their round petals looked innocent and shy, just like the ones that Iris used to wear on her overalls when she was a child.


They reminded her of her youngest sibling, Kane.


For all of his tragically short life, Kane had loved blue. Any kind: sky blue, neon blue, dark blue, pastel blue, you name it and Kane would love it. He didn’t have many friends because he was so shy, breaking down when the teacher asked him a question. Sometimes he was happy, sometimes he was sad. Unfortunately, it seemed like he was more sad than happy. Kane’s personality was blue: could look sad, could look happy. It all depended on what you perceived, what you saw.



Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β β‹†β”ˆβ”ˆο½‘οΎŸβƒΫͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ ❁Ϋͺུ ❃Ϋͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ οΎŸο½‘β”ˆβ”ˆβ‹†



Iris liked to remember those memories from those times back because after all her siblings had passed 5 years consecutively, they were all she had left.


After digging around in her bag for a while, Iris finally pulled out the seeds she was looking for. The packaging depicted bright purple flowers with touches of yellow in the middle, droopy like Iris’s posture. The thin petals looked like swords, harmless ones that were made just for decoration. Iris had gotten them a few weeks ago at the garden shop because she had thought her time was coming. She was the only one in her immediate family who was still alive, the most recent one her husband, who had passed almost 3 months ago. Iris didn’t know why she felt it was her turn, she just knew.


Iris knelt down next to the forget-me-nots and dug a few small holes on the edge of the colourful circle. She ripped the seed packet open gently, poured some seeds into the holes and carefully placed the soil back on top. Iris walked over to her garden shed and picked up her plastic watering can, which was adorned with cartoony flowers. She walked to the hose, filled up the can and lugged it back. Tilting it over, Iris watered the seeds along with the flowers, making sure she didn’t wash the seeds away.


Stepping back and setting down the watering can, Iris looked at the flowers placidly. She smiled, happy with her work. Iris walked back into her house, took off her gardening clothes and set to washing her dishes, including the mug of tea she had finished.

That night, Iris passed in her sleep. Many people say that people who pass while sleeping means they have finished their purpose in life, the thing they were meant to do. Iris was happy when she passed, so all was well.



Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β β‹†β”ˆβ”ˆο½‘οΎŸβƒΫͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ ❁Ϋͺུ ❃Ϋͺུ ❀Ϋͺུ οΎŸο½‘β”ˆβ”ˆβ‹†



A few weeks later, in the backyard of an old house, irises bloomed. The petals unfurled slowly, but they eventually fully displayed themselves. The rainbow of flowers seemed to sway with pride when the irises bloomed, for they felt complete. They had been missing a purple companion since they had been planted, and now they were happy.


Iris was happy too.


The rainbow was complete.

March 21, 2021 22:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

359 comments

00:33 Mar 22, 2021

CONGRATS ON 30 STORIES!!! πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰ How are you so good at both third person and first person??? Teach me your ways lol I recommend putting the "contemporary" tag :) This was such a creative story! I loved all of the things Iris remembered about her siblings, and the flowers/colors her siblings represented. And I FINALLY get to read a Reedsy death that wasn't SUPER sad! Given Iris's age, I was expecting her to have a heart attack or smth like that right when she's planting her flowers, and her last thought is, "I never completed the rainbow" or ...

Reply

:DDDDD THANK YOUUUUUUU XD third person is actually a bit hard, for the Poppy part I literally wrote 'me' instead of 'she' or 'Iris', so I had to go back and fix that XD Yesssssss thank you, that actually FITS :D :D Thank you! This was my second idea for this prompt, the first was WAY more bizarre- Yes! I tried not to make it too sad because there's already an abundance of sad stories on Reedsy XD :) you're welcome! :D yeah, I couldn't really think of anything else lol yAhOoOoO let's GOOOOOO XD Thank you so much Annabelle!!! :DDD

Reply

01:01 Mar 22, 2021

*gasp* I can't believe I didn't notice that XDDD Np :D Lol I would've loved it anyway. You're one of those writers who could write a physics essay, and I would still find it interesting XD XDDD Yw!!! :DDD

Reply

XD :) Lol I would probably fall asleep writing it XDDD ;)

Reply

17:12 Mar 22, 2021

Same tbh XDDD Also, I have an idea who your romantic interest in my Reedsycast is going to be now... eHeHeHeHeH

Reply

Lolll oOh wHo iS iT?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I love how you just poured the aesthetic into this. Like, you just see a bucket of 'vibes' before you and you dumped it all in. Poppy and Iris are my favorite btw :)

Reply

:) thanks! XD yes, I decided to make an aesthetic story that’s not sad (because I’ve already done plenty of those already lol). Yes, me too :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Keya M.
23:11 Mar 21, 2021

Congrats on 30 stories Amethyst πŸ₯³ This was such a good story! I loved your dividers by the way, very creative!

Reply

:D thanksss Keya!!! thank you!!!!! Yes, me too, but I can't find out how to make them even! THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY XDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
17:00 Apr 22, 2021

Woah I just realised how poetic you are lol XD The switch between POV's was really cool and the idea of flowers being siblings was so different and unique! And HOW exactly did you manage to write SUCH A GOOD death- and in a NON SAD way? I love some of the phrases throughout the story that add a poetic feel to it, someone could quote your words!!! I also love how this story flows smoothly and peacefully, even if it was a teeeeeeeny bit sad (eek i cant help it im emotional XD) <3

Reply

lol I tRy tO bE~ thanks! lol idk....idk XDD shankssssss :DDD <333

Reply

18:20 Apr 23, 2021

XD hahaha heheheheeh np <33

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:55 Apr 02, 2021

Omg that poem in your bio was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! You should be so proud of it! How do you write so well?

Reply

THANK YOU!! :) :D lol XD shanks idk...maybe because I write a lot? Other than that I have absolutely no idea why I'm close to being good at writing XD

Reply

23:51 Apr 02, 2021

Well your a super good writer not matter how you came to be :)

Reply

shank youuuuuu ~such high praise~ ;)

Reply

16:28 Apr 03, 2021

;)

Reply

Show 1 reply
16:28 Apr 03, 2021

;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

ok it's been decided. Erin Hanson is *literally* the best poet of all time

Reply

Yes they are ;) Also Luna, sorry if I’m asking too much, but I got downvoted 4000 points, could you help? :<

Reply

:) omggg Ameeeeee i saw that earlier. I was going to start upvoting, but then my class started. But I finished my assignment, so I can do as much as I can. It's never too much:) dont let those downvoters ruin anything tho, ok?

Reply

Thank you Luna! <3333333 Okay ;) How are you?

Reply

<3333 I'm ok, just counting down the minutes till school is overXD hbu?

Reply

Lol XD Hmmmmm good-y XD I’m not gonna let the downvoting ruin my day, so yeah :) I decided I’m not writing another story this week, because I had an idea for a cool painting to do, and I want a little break ;)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

omggggggg first off: CONGRATS ON 30 STORIES!!!!!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ second: jeez Ame I wasnt coming into this story ready to cryyyyyyyy it was so wholesome as Iris went through her family and then when she was talking about how they were all she had left:((( but then that absolutely BEUATIFUL ending gaghhhhhhh it tied it all togetherrrrr this was such an amazing story and such a good 30th story!!! your writing has grown so much since your first story and I love all of themmmmmmmmm great job Ame!!!

Reply

THANK YOU LUNAAAAAAAAA :D lol sorryyyyy not sorry XD Yasssss when I finished the ending I felt very satisfied :D :DDDD thank youuuuuuuu If it hadn’t improved is little bit I would be a bit concerned- XD THANK YOU LUNAAAA :D

Reply

<3333333 XD YOU SHOULD FEEL SATISFIEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD XDDDD YESSSS<3333333333333

Reply

:D I DIDDDDDD OML Luna, the 3’s are green and when I clicked on it, it says call this number :O XD

Reply

what??XDD

Reply

It’s a phone number XD who do you think it would call??? ;)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Izzie Q.
02:12 Mar 22, 2021

hi hi amethyst!! AHHH CONGRATS ON 30 SUBMISSIONS GIRL!! that is something to be PROUD of and we all know this community looks up to you! thanks for being so insparational and such a poetic angel <3 I love how you use so many viewpoints! its such a vast magority and thats rlly cool :) how's your weekend been? any fun stories? I was wearing tie dye today and i kept looking down adn being like "WHERE DID THAT STAIN COME FROM" but then realized it was part of the shirt....i felt like i was loosing my mind XD

Reply

Izzie Q.
02:12 Mar 22, 2021

whats your fav article of clothing?

Reply

Show 0 replies

Thank you! Aww I’m not sure about the angel part (lol), but I try to poetic, Which is not really working XD thank you Izzie! XD lol Hmmmmmmm Well, there was this one time where I posted my 30th story on Reedsy and my notifications blew up XD lol, I also planted a mini greenhouse and I’m stalking it ;) Probably hoodies or sweatpants, because they’re comfy :)

Reply

Show 0 replies

hi Izzie! did you see my reply?

Reply

Izzie Q.
14:09 Mar 24, 2021

hi!! sorry, reedsy wasn't working for me GASP!! ALSO YESSS I ALREADY SAID THIS BUT CONGRATS ON YOUR 30TH STORY AJHSJAHS YOU'RE SO TALENTED!! And yayyy sweatpant twins forever! they are amazing and i adore whoever invented them >:3

Reply

lol XD yeah sometimes that happens lol tHaNk yOuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu yasssssss me toooooooooo they are the only ones I will wear <3 also, I'm so sorry for being late, but HAPPY 20TH STORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Reply

Izzie Q.
13:21 Mar 25, 2021

THANKS SO MUCVH AJSHJAHS how are ya? i was just babysitting some kids and went on reedsy on my phone and as i'm typing this comment, the kids said that they think your name is pretty! i agree with them, for sure!! :) i've been forced into bingeging all the high school musical movies with them....

Reply

NP :DDDD lol XD thanks! Lol have you watched them before?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Sia S
01:47 Mar 22, 2021

ONG 30 STORIESSSS HXB Z Z X NANDJSJFJSHD S.X S BSHEHCHEJSFJTM URAYEZHDZFUZHFRUSRUZURXURXRUCITSSJFhrdjtdtjdtjdtjdtjdtdjgdtjdtjsrusfhdkluukudjgnhmcgnxnbddhzhrsngxgnfnc x v nvv vnxjfurs6raryarustiriyrykcnghfzfbzk Ma'am, it is illegal to write this good. *handcuffs*

Reply

:DDDDDDD JEBIDHDJD DUEBENEI ME TOO EJDISBKEHRIFBSVWIEBEI aww thanks lol *oH nO*

Reply

Sia S
17:00 Mar 22, 2021

JABDBDVSVSBAB AHAHAHA HSBXBDBDBDBDBDB *jail for two years*

Reply

*wiLl tHeRe bE cHeEsE?*

Reply

Sia S
17:21 Mar 22, 2021

*bad cop voice* "no you ungrateful 5 year old*

Reply

*;(* ... *will there be cake?*

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
23:25 Mar 21, 2021

wow, that is amazing. I love rainbow and plants and A M A Z I N G ! *does a celebratory dance for you* Happy 30th! I have seen that joy also XD super duper job, no critiques, love it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much :)))))

Reply

aWwW thank youuuuuuuu *dances along horribly* :D thanks! :DDDD thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu it was super fun to write :) yayyyyyy I'm happy you liked ittttttttttttt

Reply

TJ Squared
23:30 Mar 21, 2021

:)))))))) you are welcome :)))

Reply

:DDDDDDD did you have a favourite part?

Reply

TJ Squared
23:33 Mar 21, 2021

the describing part about why Iris chose that color for her siblings :) it helped to have not only the picture you painted, but also an actual picture reference :)

Reply

:D me too! picture reference XD sometimes I was staring at the screen, stuck on how to describe them XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
19:23 Mar 22, 2021

sure thing :)

Reply

:] What do you absolutely hate?

Reply

TJ Squared
19:30 Mar 22, 2021

hmmm... when people leave pens and markers un-capped, it's like...THAT PEN/MARKER IS JUST WASTING IT'S LIFE AWAY!!! slow walkers in the halls... when people say the same thing over and over (unless it's me, then that's okay XD) and when motorcycles or cars have exhaust you can smell. It drives me up a tree. U?

Reply

yes, those are SUPER annoying :/ Worms. Bees. When someone complains way too much about something, when I can't figure out where I left something I put down a second ago.....

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
23:29 Mar 22, 2021

XDDDDDD I got more if you wanna hear them

Reply

TJ Squared
23:37 Mar 22, 2021

okay then. There's my problem solving talent, I can solve riddles pretty quickly, and I can do 500 piece puzzles in 2 days (and I have). I'm an observer, I can tell when things are different like in an instant, weather someone cut their hair, or just when something is different in general. I'm a ponderer, I ponder about lots of things, like I wanna know how and why and what. (ex. how do toasters work, why do people believe in evolution, why does this work better than this?) and yeah :)

Reply

oOhhhhhh I used to be obsessed with puzzles when I was 5, I would do them all day XD Yesssssssss me tooooooooooo, I noticed when someone trimmed their hair the day after, and then they noticed my haircut 3 weeks late XD YES ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's what I spend most time at school thinking about, gazing at things and wondering about them ;)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 4 replies
Show 1 reply
01:28 Apr 30, 2021

This had a flow like a song, and the insight of a story, majestic Amuh! happy today! And SO SORRY FOR BEING LATE IN READING!, in a time wrap, SORRY btw, can you be in my reedsy cast?

Reply

thank youuuuuuuuuu Tru!!! you too! that's fine, I'm also late at things :) ofc! do you have a form?

Reply

01:36 Apr 30, 2021

=) yep https://forms.gle/q9iYrNWq3ivZJnU57

Reply

01:57 Apr 30, 2021

when'll ya fill it? and do you have a prob for being a boy like.... overload of girls SoRrY

Reply

oh sorry...i just finished :'< I'm a girl~ ahhh should I do it again? If yes, I'll have to do it tomorrow :[

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:20 Apr 08, 2021

OH LORD ISAAC WHERE ARE YOU? YOUR STORIES AND BIO ARE GONE! DUDE SPEAK TO MEEEEEEEE!

Reply

WAIT WHATTTTTTT???????????? >:((((((((((((

Reply

23:27 Apr 08, 2021

Yes

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
21:27 Apr 03, 2021

Ahhhhhh, this was just so sweet! The color symbolism in this was *chef's kiss*. The descriptions, the flow of the story, and the ending. It was all just really nice!

Reply

thank youuuuuu <33 I'm happy you liked the descriptions: they're the hardest for me XD :D thanks again!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mazie Gray
13:18 Mar 30, 2021

Hi, Ames! This story left me speechless. You crafted the plotline so well. Normally, I don't like stories without dialogue, but you wrote this so I wasn't missing out or wanting it. The description that you gave for each sibling was... what's a word for beyond beautiful? Also, the fact that Iris knew that she was going to pass was heartbreaking yet heartwarming. Keep writing and happy 30 stories!!!! Your friend (maybe?), Brooke p.s. this is an alter account of one of your friends. hint: nesh

Reply

Hi! Thank you! It was fun to write :) me too, I'm surprised I got through 1500+ words without any dialogue lol I will and THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!!! Your friend, Amethyst p.s. EhEhEhEh ;)

Reply

Mazie Gray
15:08 Mar 31, 2021

You're welcome! :D I don't think I'd be able to do it lol Yay and YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your friend, Brooke p.s. hehehehehehehe soooo you know who i am.... lolol... i've been thinking about leaving my main account because of all of the drama and just use this account because no one really knows this account, therefore i wouldn't be worrying about stuff that often idk

Reply

Lol XD :) Your fReN, Ame(s) P.s wHaT? .-.

Reply

Mazie Gray
17:59 Mar 31, 2021

XD :D Your frEN, B(ee) p.s. sorry..... i'm kinda sick of all of this downvoting stuff. If it blows over, then maybe I'll come back on that account

Reply

:) Your fReNnNnN, Ame(s) p.s. yeah i get it, but :'(

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

NOOOOO!!! NOOOO!!!! THIS CANT BE POSSBILE 1000K??? RHFUJEFDJNJNFJFNIFJJ HOW DARE THE DOWNVOTERS *deep breath* (I need to rage more at downvoters-I shall be back.)

Reply

I think you mean 1K not 1000K, but I KNOWWWWWWW THEY ARE SOO ANNOYING *iNhALe* (okay :])

Reply

I'm writing a story/message for Reedsy & other people-if you'd like, would you mind passing the story on/copy & pasting it? (It'll be out soon.)

Reply

yes ofc! Will it be in your bio?

Reply

oh okay, I'll just copy the main message so my bio isn't endless :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amarah Friedman
17:01 Mar 23, 2021

Beautiful story! It's sad and reverent and elegantly constructed. I love the way you've paired Iris's family with the flowers and how you've adapted the narration to view the world through nature and colors. Your vivid descriptions gave me chills... I can't wait to read more of your work!

Reply

Thank you so much Amarah! :) :D thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mou Sur
01:59 Mar 23, 2021

Hi, Enjoyed reading it.Such a sweet story it is! Best wishes for the next one.And Congrats for 30 stories.Keep rocking! ;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
20:57 Mar 22, 2021

CONGRATS ON THIRTY STORIES!!! This was such a good thirtieth story, amazing job! I love the story telling and what she told about each of her siblings. The writing was fantastic and beautiful, especially the ending. I really love endings like these, they're just perfect. I love it!!! Keep writing!!! -Lily

Reply

THANK YOU LILY!!!!!!!!!! :D thank you! :) I thought of that after reading the fairy tale prompt so I guess it just wove itself into the story lol :D it was satisfying toooooooooooooooooooooo :DDD thank you Lily!! p.s. is it 'Lily' or Lilly'? just wanna know lol

Reply

Lilliane Wei
23:21 Mar 22, 2021

Hahaha, you did a great job and you've got it, it's Lily. :D

Reply

:D thanksssss Okay, yAyyY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ruby πŸ’«
18:37 Mar 22, 2021

Wow! This was a really good touching story. Something that represents people you love. How nice 😁✨ I really enjoyed this, and knowing that her siblings died. I kind of had a feeling something was going to happen to her. IDK XD! Good job! Ruby

Reply

:D thank youuuuuu!!! :D Yeah, I tried not to give too much away about their deaths, just enough so you knew that they weren't alive anymore. :DDD thank you!!!!! :]

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Akshaya ✨
16:11 Mar 22, 2021

Hey Amethyst! I LOVE this story so much I don't have any words for it! Really, the way you described each family member with their color was so fantastic! The character development was epic, and the ending was just perfect for this story. I especially loved the descriptions you gave! It painted pictures in my mind and it was really beautiful! Amazing job!! CONGRATS ON 30 STORIES AND ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR WRITING JOURNEY!! :DD

Reply

Hi Akshaya! :D thank youuuuuuu! I thought of the end while I was writing Kane’s part XD how typical of me :DDDD THANK YOUUUUUU :DDDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.