210 comments

American Coming of Age Creative Nonfiction

GUIDELINES FOR OASIS


1.THE PURPOSE OF OASIS WAS TO GIVE EXPOSURE TO THE WRITERS THAT WORKED HARD FOR THE STORIES.

SO, EVERY WEEK ALL THE MEMBERS OF OASIS WILL COLLECTIVELY CHOOSE 2 WRITERS AND A STORY ON FRIDAY FOR THE WHOLE WEEK.

2. THE MEMBERS OF OASIS WILL GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK AND CRITICISM TO THE MEMBERS OF THE GROUP. THAT'S COMPULSORY. YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THEIR STORIES BY GIVING THE GROUP MEMBERS FEEDBACKS ON THE STORIES THAT THEY SUBMIT EACH WEEK. IT APPLIES TO ALL.

3. THE WRITERS THAT WE CHOOSE SHOULD BE IN EVERY ONE's BIO FOR A WEEK.

4. IF YOU WANT TO BE THE GROUP MEMBER YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE MENTIONED RULES.

5 ALL THE MEMBERS ARE MENTIONED IN THIS STORY BELOW.



What is OASIS?

Every week on reedsy 600-700 stories get submitted. But how many writers get attention or exposure. None.

Right??

We have CC and all. But how many people has it helped? NOne?

So I created Oasis.

In the oasis, we help by giving exposure to the writer who gives their hard work for stories.


So hello everybody.

I know since a few months lots have been happening on reedsy. First the downvoting and now the upvoting scandal.

But it's ok. We are humans and we do tend to evolve with situations and circumstances.

To escape from all this rant. I came up with an idea.


OASIS

It's a club. It's open for all. Here we all are going to support each other and thrive in our writing skills.

The main motto of this club is to support each other and give exposure to new writers.

We will give constructive criticism and feedback on your stories.

Enhancing your writing journey.

All you have to do is write OASIS in the bio. And we will get to know who is interested in this journey.

In OASIS we will give feedback and constructive criticism to all the writers who are members of an oasis.

We will give shout to a new writer or the writers who haven't got good exposure.

Our main goal is to polish us to refine writing.

No upvoting bs.


MEMBERS OF OUR GROUP

ERZA SCARLET

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/erza-scarlet/

VARSHA VIMAL

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/varsha-vimal/

ABBY

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/abby-00a9dc/

KATE REYNOLDS


Who is ready to join me? Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?

January 15, 2021 14:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

210 comments

Palak Shah
19:50 Apr 28, 2021

Hi, can I please join Oasis, sorry it's late ??

Reply

Show 0 replies
13:39 Feb 01, 2021

So, a writer told me about a new writer as a suggestion, and I already put them in my bio, but she needs to be checked out! https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/julie-lee/

Reply

Radhika Diksha
13:55 Feb 01, 2021

Sure. I will definitely check her out.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Hi Radhika! Check out this writer!!! P.S- she wants to join in Oasis. https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/salma-jarir/

Reply

Radhika Diksha
02:34 Jan 29, 2021

Sure. She is invited and I have included her as a member.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
13:39 Jan 27, 2021

Heyyyy I know that this is still quite early but for next week can we give a shoutout to Fearless Fox Story link: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/contests/77/submissions/51616/ Profile link: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/fearless-fox/ Her story is just so good, and she deserves SO much more recognization

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:44 Jan 27, 2021

Of course my CEO of an oasis. Since you didn't recommend me this week hence I jumped in and took the decision. Otherwise, it's you too who takes the decision. By the way, don't forget to comment on this week's writes stories. And spread out their word. Stay happy and healthy.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
14:54 Jan 27, 2021

Great!!! Yep, I was a bit busy this week. And I already did! :D Thank you, you too!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kaylee Tinsley
21:46 Jan 21, 2021

Hi! this is a great idea- would love to join!

Reply

Radhika Diksha
06:20 Jan 27, 2021

I have already mentioned you as oasis member. Write oasis and mention writers of the week in your bio.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Radhika Diksha
16:18 Jan 22, 2021

Sure, we would love to.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Harley Quinn
05:01 Jan 20, 2021

Hi, Iove ur idea of keeping OASIS it is really good........ you know me and strawberry sis had started a club called the authors club last year....it was fun but due to some ppl we had to shut it down...... but great job I loved it.....😊😊😊😊

Reply

Harley Quinn
05:02 Jan 20, 2021

Strawberry sia

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
13:25 Jan 19, 2021

Oh my god, I love this. I joined right before the big crisis with upvoting happened, and I kind of felt bad because I got upvoted. I like this much better; There are so many writers that put so much heart into their stories, only for a little bit of exposure. I know, for me, it wasn't much about the points; I felt like a failure as a writer because no one cared. I don't want anyone else to feel like that.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
15:25 Jan 19, 2021

You can be an oasis member too if you want.

Reply

15:34 Jan 19, 2021

What do I have to do in particular? I checked out some of the stories in your bio. Is that all there is to it?

Reply

Radhika Diksha
16:19 Jan 19, 2021

You have to copy my bio every Friday because we choose a writer each week. I have mentioned the members of an oasis in my story oasis. You have to give feedback to their stories. They will also give you in return, don't worry. And you have to give feedback to thr=e writer of the week too. By the way, this week's writer is you.

Reply

12:53 Jan 20, 2021

Oh, wow. I'll try to get to that as soon as possible!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

hi Radhika, check out this amazing writer https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/rachel-smith-26606b/ Can u include her in ur bio?

Reply

Radhika Diksha
07:15 Jan 18, 2021

I will surely add her this week.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hi Radhika! I'll like to join!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Radhika Diksha
17:51 Jan 15, 2021

What is OASIS? Every week on reedsy 600-700 stories get submitted. But how many writers get attention or exposure. None. Right?? We have CC and all. But how many people has it helped. NOne? So I created Oasis. In the oasis, we help by giving exposure to the writer who gives their hard work for stories. Guidelines to be oasis; 1. In oasis every week we are going to highlight writers and some special stories for the entire week by giving their links in our bio. That means that all oasis members will contain the same writers and stories in thei...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Erza Scarlet
15:29 Jan 15, 2021

Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me ...

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:30 Jan 15, 2021

OMG ERZA WTH

Reply

Erza Scarlet
15:33 Jan 15, 2021

Hehehehehehee

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Erza Scarlet
15:28 Jan 15, 2021

Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:32 Jan 15, 2021

Well ofc you can join!! Just put the things I put in my bio in yours! (if that makes sense)

Reply

Erza Scarlet
15:34 Jan 15, 2021

I know you well enough to understand you- ;-;

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:35 Jan 15, 2021

Thank you-? I think??

Reply

Erza Scarlet
15:35 Jan 15, 2021

;-; weirdo

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:36 Jan 15, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Erza Scarlet
15:27 Jan 15, 2021

Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join Let me join let me join

Reply

Show 0 replies
Megan Sutherland
15:26 Jan 15, 2021

Can I join this?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:31 Jan 15, 2021

Yes ofc you can!!! Basically just write the things that I put in my bio!

Reply

Megan Sutherland
15:32 Jan 15, 2021

Oki!!!! Thank youuuu Also Kate if you want to play among us with me and luke and one of my irl friends i'll have a code in my bio at 11 am eastern time

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:33 Jan 15, 2021

Nppp!!! Ooh, I may be able to join, but maybe not Could you just send me the code when you play and I'll join if I can!! (Also if I do it's my name will be Baby Yoda)

Reply

Erza Scarlet
15:38 Jan 15, 2021

OoOOOOOooo KATE IM TAKING YOUR PLACE :) My name is no one Idk western time tho-

Reply

Megan Sutherland
15:43 Jan 15, 2021

Ummmm okay. I don't really know who you are though. And it's eastern time, not western. Its in about fifteen minutes.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
15:41 Jan 15, 2021

Dude- Don't tell me that tell it to Megan. Also I might play, so..

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Megan Sutherland
15:43 Jan 15, 2021

Oki lol

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:49 Jan 15, 2021

Lmaoo XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
15:25 Jan 15, 2021

Can I join OASIS?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:31 Jan 15, 2021

OFC!!!!!!!!! Just write the things I wrote in my bio!

Reply

Maya -
15:51 Jan 15, 2021

I did! Thank you!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
15:52 Jan 15, 2021

Yay! Np!! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
21:40 Jan 20, 2021

Hey Radhika, could you check All Poetry I sent you a message. Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Maya -
16:52 Jan 20, 2021

I’m doing a science-fiction themed reedsy-cast story and I would like to put you in it if you want. If you want to be in the story, there are just a few questions that I need you to answer. Questions: Alien’s Name (either your name or it could be different): Alien’s size: Alien’s color (can be any color or combination of colors): Alien’s special features (horns, tail, wings, tentacles, fur, scales, fins, etc.): Any other details about their physical appearance: Personality: Alien’s Planet of Origin (can be real or fictional): Any special ab...

Reply

Radhika Diksha
17:21 Jan 20, 2021

1. Kibo, name 2. Liliac or lavender, color 3. Sharp nails long nails, special features 4. I want her hair to showing her emotions like when she is red her hair turns in red. Like her hair transforms into the colours of her mood. Physical appearance. 5. Indiana place of origin I think that's enough. Thanks for asking me.

Reply

Maya -
17:31 Jan 20, 2021

Coolio, thanks! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
21:07 Jan 15, 2021

I love the idea, but why is upvoting bs? I agree that excessive upvoting isn't good, but a few points at a time on worthwhile comments don't hurt anyone.

Reply

Maya W.
22:29 Jan 15, 2021

I think what she was getting at was obsessive upvoting, but I agree with you.

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:20 Jan 15, 2021

Yeah...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
23:20 Jan 15, 2021

Yeah...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
20:05 Jan 15, 2021

It's a good idea! I suggest a lot of the contest winners who clearly have tons of great stories but like only 100 karma points. They are the true great writers of reedsy and they don't care so much about karma!!! Can I help create the bio?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
23:25 Jan 15, 2021

Ofc!!! (You always have the best fonts XD)

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:26 Jan 16, 2021

Ooh Yay!!! actually... the fonts i get from a website called lingojam lol

Reply

Kate Reynolds
01:53 Jan 18, 2021

XDD niceeeeeee (Do you mind if I steal some-?)

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
02:00 Jan 18, 2021

lol girl... its a legit website

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
15:26 Jan 15, 2021

Luke came up with the problem that Oasis is basically like the Critique Circle, so let's change some things to make it original and our own. What do you think??

Reply

Radhika Diksha
15:43 Jan 15, 2021

Yeah, it would be better. But make it simple and nice. How can you make original in your own way. Because all I said was that all the members of this group should comment and give feedback to each other the same way we used to do before.

Reply

. .
15:49 Jan 15, 2021

Then why are we making a group out of it?? If its just going back to normal, there shouldn't be a group saying its special. Sorry, this is just a little too much CC, which is why I don't see the need.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
16:06 Jan 15, 2021

Let's brainstorm ideas then. I giving vague responses. Luke help us.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Radhika Diksha
16:08 Jan 15, 2021

What ideas are you having. Can you elaborate?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Kate Reynolds
15:49 Jan 15, 2021

Yeah, but let's brainstorm ways how to make it more unique

Reply

Radhika Diksha
16:22 Jan 15, 2021

Can we together brainstorm ideas? We are on the right path.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
16:29 Jan 15, 2021

Yeah sure

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.