23 comments

Funny Fantasy Adventure

Grandpa Joe Willoughby was the best tobacco spitter in Oklahoma City. This is what my papa told me. He told me he was a hard man who loved his moonshine and his horses. But what my Grandpa loved the most was his participation in The Annual Tobacco Spitting Competition. They say he could shoot that stuff out his mouth fast and far. My papa told me he watched my grandpa kill a man in a local bar using his tobacco spitting technique. No, wait a minute, I’m sorry. Papa told me he killed three men in a bar using his tobacco spitting techniques. Hot damn! My Grandpa Willoughby was a hell of a man! Those three men in that bar did not understand who they were dealing with. They picked a fight with the world’s greatest tobacco spitting champion. And their foolishness put ‘em in an early grave.


Here’s mud in yer eye! That’s what my papa heard my Grandpa say to the last man who died. Papa told me my grandpa pulled a banjo out of nowhere and he started playing the banjo while doing a little jig after killing the three men. Everybody in the bar joined in with my grandpa and they danced with him. My papa said it was like watching a redneck version of Hamilton. They even started singing along with my grandpa’s banjo. Even the dogs in the neighborhood were howling along with my grandpa. My papa told me he played all night while marching down the street with a crowd behind him. Wild dogs joined my grandpa in the street and they danced on all fours to the sweet sound of Grandpa Willoughby’s banjo music. 


Hot damn! My grandpa was a hell of a man! Nobody! I mean nobody could spit tobacco as far as he could! Many men and women challenged my grandpa at the tobacco spitting tournaments, and they would lose and walk away crying like little boys and girls. 


An old lady tried to cheat while competing against my grandpa. She attached a miniature airgun to her dentures. You see, when she’d stick the tobacco in her mouth, she’d really be stickin’ it inside the tiny airgun attached to her dentures. So she had a tiny airgun in her mouth and she’d pull the trigger using a remote control. The airgun would help her spit the tobacco further. That slick old woman thought she could double cross my grandpa until that airgun backfired on her dumb ass! They had to drag her ass to the hospital after her airgun blew up in her mouth. That little son of a bitch malfunctioned on her. It blew her dentures out of her mouth and her dentures went sailing across the sky. That airgun also blew a few other things out of that old lady’s mouth. I saw what happened to her and it gave me nightmares for a month. 


She was a pretty old lady, just stupid. She thought she could cheat against my grandpa. Of course, my grandpa won the tournament by default. If you win the tournament, you get a free pig. Hell, my grandpa cooked twenty years' worth of bacon. Poor pigs. They didn’t know what was coming to ‘em.


One day I’m gonna win me one of those pigs just like my Grandpa Willoughby. I’ve been practicing my tobacco spitting and I’m getting pretty good at it. This is a family tradition and I plan to carry on grandpa’s legacy. Besides the tobacco spitting, I’ve been learning how to play the Banjo. I auditioned for American Idol a year ago. I’ll never forget the looks on the judges’ faces when I started playing. I think they liked my playing even though they kicked me off the show in the first round. Oh, what the hell! Some folks don’t know what good music is these days.


Well anyway, I plan to attend the tobacco spitting tournament tomorrow. I’ll be following in my grandpa’s footsteps. Sometimes I practice by playing the banjo and spitting tobacco at the same time. It’s a great way to multitask. Last week, me and the boys had a party and we drank a lot of moonshine. I drank some beers too and I pissed a lot. It was at night and I went to the outhouse to take a leak. After I got through using the bathroom, this bright light came down from the night sky and hit me in the face. 


I was extremely drunk that night, so I’m not sure if what happened to me was real. There was this metal ship, and it had the shape of a giant pancake. This greenish light came out of it, and it landed on me like a spotlight. Next thing I know, I’m levitating in the air. I saw these little guys with gray skin. They had big black eyes and big foreheads. They talked kinda funny. They were some mean little bastards. They kept trying to poke me in my butt with this metal rod. I remembered having clothes on before I went into the ship, and those little bastards stripped me naked within a blink of an eye.


I was buck naked, but amazingly I had my banjo with me. I must’ve been so drunk that I didn’t know I had it. Those little bastards were naked themselves. They looked like gray skinned, little toddlers running around me with instruments in their hands. I couldn’t believe it, but I saw my Grandpa Willoughby, and those little bastards stole his clothes. I loved my grandpa, but it felt damn weird hugging a naked old man while drunk. 


Me and Grandpa Willoughby had to escape from the little bastards. I had my wife and my little girl to get back to, and my grandpa had to get back to my grandma and his horses. So we fought our way out of the ship. Grandpa Willoughby had his tobacco, and I had the banjo. Those little bastards wanted to kill us, but we killed them. Grandpa knocked a few of them out with his tobacco. When I started playing the banjo, one little bastard got down on his knees and he begged me to stop. That little bastard was crying like a wuss. Can you believe that? I think he was the leader and I told him to let me and my grandpa off the ship or I was gonna keep playing. He quickly obliged me. Before they released me and my grandpa, I grabbed one of those little bastards and I spanked him for trying to poke me in my ass with a metal rod. He was crying and apologizing. He also gave us back our clothes. We left the ship and I had my grandpa’s banjo and my grandpa had his tobacco. Those little gray bastards feared us that night. 


My grandpa and I watched as the pancake ship went back up into the night sky. We felt proud of ourselves. We were two kings that night. After we watched the ship leave, my Grandpa Willoughby turned to me and he said, no little alien son of a bitch is gonna mess with the grandson of the world’s greatest tobacco spitter. My grandpa dropped dead after he said that to me. I guess getting abducted by those little bastards traumatized him and he died from the shock. That’s when I knew that I had to make my grandpa proud at the tournament. I’m gonna carry on his legacy and be the world’s greatest banjo playin’ and tobacco spittin’ cowboy from Oklahoma City. Look out, here I come!! Hot damn!!



September 01, 2020 15:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

23 comments

The Cold Ice
03:59 Sep 26, 2020

Wow!!Nice story.The ending was really sad.But,the whole story is funny.You make me laugh 😂🤣😃😁😆😂🤣🤣😂😅.Great job keep it up.Keep writing.Well written.I love funny stories. Would you mind to read my story “The dragon warrior part 2?”

Reply

Skyler Woods
07:28 Sep 26, 2020

Sure!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Keerththan 😀
05:25 Sep 10, 2020

Oh no! The ending was really sad. But, the whole story was really hilarious. I should type a really long comment to share my views on this story. When I started playing the banjo, one little bastard got down on his knees and he begged me to stop. Okay, I loved this. I started chuckling. It's so funny. She attached a miniature airgun to her dentures. She is the most dumbest woman on Earth. The backfiring is so funny and your descriptions were amazing. Tobacco spitting competition!!!!! That was so creative. I love this story. Keenl...

Reply

Skyler Woods
06:22 Sep 10, 2020

Sure, I'll read it! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story! 💟😄 You stay healthy and safe 2. 😘

Reply

Keerththan 😀
06:23 Sep 10, 2020

My pleasure🤣🤣😍😍💞💞💖

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jan Querubin
20:44 Sep 08, 2020

This is amazing! I was laughing through and through. Everything's a wonder here. It was ridiculous and the story was clearly aware of it- thus making it more entertaining. A redneck version of Hamilton, indeed!

Reply

Skyler Woods
21:27 Sep 08, 2020

I'm so happy you liked it, Honey!! 💟💟💟 I tried to make it funny, but I didn't want to make it too silly. 😄

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kristin Neubauer
16:43 Sep 07, 2020

I am practically on the ground laughing, Skyler. The story was great before the alien visit, but that put it off the charts. And I absolutely loved the voice of the narrator....amazing!

Reply

Skyler Woods
17:15 Sep 07, 2020

Thank you!!! 💟 I've never written a comedy before!😄

Reply

Kristin Neubauer
17:19 Sep 07, 2020

Your first one was fantastic and now you have set expectations high 😊.... hope to see more in the future. But all your writing is great, so do whatever feels right!

Reply

Skyler Woods
17:24 Sep 07, 2020

Thank you, Sweetheart!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Keerththan 😀
05:27 Sep 10, 2020

Yup, you have nailed it in your first one.

Reply

Skyler Woods
06:24 Sep 10, 2020

Thank u. 💙

Reply

Keerththan 😀
06:25 Sep 10, 2020

Welcome. I have said only the truth😂💖💗💚

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
D. Jaymz
00:13 Sep 07, 2020

You really pulled funny off of that bone in a wry and dry style. Excellent 👏

Reply

Skyler Woods
01:09 Sep 07, 2020

Thank you, Honey! I was nervous about writing a humorous story. I've never written a funny story before. Most of stories are always serious. I wanted to lighten up a bit! 😄

Reply

D. Jaymz
02:32 Sep 07, 2020

You're welcome 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Rayhan Hidayat
19:16 Sep 03, 2020

This story is batshit insane and I LOVE IT. The narrative voice with all the “Hot damns” was hilarious, and the old lady with an airgun in her dentures is just amazing. Keep it up! 😙

Reply

Skyler Woods
22:25 Sep 03, 2020

I'm so happy you enjoyed it!!! 💗 They said write a funny story and that's what I tried to do!!😂

Reply

Rayhan Hidayat
18:35 Sep 04, 2020

Yeah you honestly nailed. Btw, I have a new story out if you’re interested!

Reply

Skyler Woods
23:34 Sep 04, 2020

Sure, I'll take a look at it!💟

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Le Roux
18:10 Sep 06, 2020

That was bizarre and entertaining :)

Reply

Skyler Woods
19:35 Sep 06, 2020

I tried to make it funny. Believe it or not, I've never written a funny story before. I hope you liked it. 💗

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.