299 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

Begin audio log:


Do you remember the creepy and weird things little kids would always tell you? It would be quite random mostly, sometimes they'd just go and say, "I don't like the water mommy, last time I went in there I died."


Or uh something like, "Oh-oh daddy I was in that thing and I died, it was terrifying!" Just anything really anything that would make you get a little nervous and have some goosebumps.


Though every time they said it, or at least a lot of the times, the parents or really anyone who was around would never believe them since they're just a small child. "Oh, they have a big weird imagination!" I had heard someone say.


What if what they had been saying back then was true? What if they still remembered what had happened or at least who they were? Believe it or that, that is true and it happens, that's what I help with.


A friend of mine recently starting talking about some things that had happened in the past, she's my friend, of course, I have to help her. You shouldn't be stuck in the past in some way.


End Audio Log


***

The two of us were sitting out in my backyard as we watched the usual baby Griffin visit the backyard. It never really got close to us, though it was used to us and liked to play with the things we left out.


While my friend was about to attempt to try and get closer to the little Griffin, something had landed on the roof with a loud *slam* as it happened.


She had been getting closer to the little one when it had happened, the noise seemed to scare the poor thing. While it was starting to fly away, the tail ended up slapping her in the face.


"Ow! what the heck was that?"


She'd probably be fine, it would probably hurt for a few more seconds or a few minutes, but she wasn't going to die from a small slap. What was more important was finding what the heck was on the roof.


The two of us both backed up enough so that we could see whatever it was. Up on the roof was a large majestic Phoenix, she seemed to have literal stars in her eyes once we both saw it.


"Wait a minute...this feels a little familiar..."


"Huh? How?"


"I...remember being on top of a building and flying with a Phoenix like that one..."


"Hm..."


***

Begin audio log:


We haven't started anything yet, she's just been telling me what she remembers from that time. Or she's at least trying to remember, I just hope that she'll actually want to move on.


Some of the people that I've tried to help, including some old friends of mine, don't ever want to move on. Instead of knowing of a past life and continuing with their life now, they try to act like the past life.


She hasn't really remembered that much stuff from that life, the first thing was that she was with a Phoenix. The second was...um...what was it? Uh...


Oh, right! It was the old life's name. She didn't explain how she ever remembered it, all she said was, "I was doing...something important and it then it came into existence."


Apparently, the name was Eri. She doesn't remember anything about them, not even a last name, it's just the first name. Though that's a really nice name, don't you agree?


Though I just hope that she doesn't turn out like the others did...


End audio log


***


"Get down from there right now! You could get hurt from doing that, or worse." She had decided for some reason to climb the roof, I guess to get to the phoenix?


I would have climbed up onto the roof and got her down myself before something happened, though I didn't want to risk falling off and breaking something. I just had to hope that she didn't hurt herself.


"Oh come on, I'm not going to hurt myself. I'm just gonna try to do something with the Phoenix real quick."


If that was me up there, I'd probably just pet the Phoenix and then get back down. It looks really fluffy and soft if I'm being honest right now. Though that wasn't me up there, that was someone else.


I had been looking away at the little Griffin who had been in the backyard at the moment, he had this look of confusion on his face. "I honestly don't know what's going on either Griffy"


Since I hadn't really been looking at the roof and all that, I had no idea what just happened. All that I ended up hearing was the Phoenix and then something falling.


"Oh great..."


The Phoenix was flying away and almost completely out of sight by now, she must have scared him. Then I noticed that she had fallen off the roof and was on the ground.


"I told you so, are you alright?"


"I guess..."


***

Begin audio Log:



I might have ended up jinxing myself with what I had said last time in these logs. For the past couple of days including today, she's been referring to herself as Eri. Not who she is now.


Though luckily that's all she's really been doing so far, she hasn't taken it a step further or anything. She doesn't seem as bad as the others, which is good.


She's also apparently been trying to remember a lot of other things from when she was in that past life, though there isn't any luck for her there. That would probably take a long time, I don't think it happens suddenly.


I still just hope that whenever all of this is over and she remembers everything, that she just stays as herself and not Eri. Maybe with her calling herself Eri won't last that long.


This is probably going to be the last audio long thing I do for a long time on here. I'll eventually explain everything once we're finished, though I feel like this is going to take a very long time...


End audio log

January 02, 2021 21:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

299 comments

00:52 Jan 10, 2021

Your story is amazing. I can see the time and effort you put into this writing! I am definitely upvoting you! Also, I am new to this site... if you don't mind, can you please, like, comment, and follow me. Thank you so much, and keep on writing!

Reply

B. W.
00:57 Jan 10, 2021

I'll read your story soon though i did at least follow you already ^^ And I'm glad that ya liked the story, do ya want any sort of advice or something?

Reply

00:58 Jan 10, 2021

Yeah, I would deeply appreciate that!

Reply

Show 0 replies
00:58 Jan 10, 2021

Yeah, I would deeply appreciate that!

Reply

B. W.
00:58 Jan 10, 2021

What kind of advice would ya like first?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply

So, like, reincarnation and magic animals? You nailed it, gal! (I'm supposing you're female since most of your characters are, but if not, you nailed it (insert gender)!)

Reply

B. W.
20:21 Jan 03, 2021

I am a girl, though i dont see why all of the genders of my characters would determine what gender I am. I just like writing a lot of female characters, though its kinda half and half with male and female characters. Though I'm glad that ya liked the story, did you have a favorite part or something?

Reply

I guess I'm a girl and I have lots of female characters, girls can write boy characters, take J. K. Rowling, for instance, but me and most of my friends write for the gender we know best. I liked the little Griffin! So cute!

Reply

B. W.
21:26 Jan 03, 2021

Sometimes, people think I'm a dude and that confuses me :/

Reply

Well, yeah, your name could be for any gender. :)

Reply

B. W.
00:16 Jan 04, 2021

some people have also just said that I act like a guy, though I don't see it :/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Laiba M
13:25 Jan 03, 2021

Wow, this is so interesting! My favorite part was definitely the introduction about how kids tend to bring up mythical/fantastical/horror things that may/may not have happened, and how that's really creepy~ I'm very interested! If you ever do a sequel, I'd like to see Eri's background (what type of person she was in Eri's life).

Reply

B. W.
18:58 Jan 03, 2021

Thanks, im glad that ya liked it ^^ though unfortunately there probably wont be another part of this. I'm working on the demi-god spin off now, along with the Shifty and aura thing I need to get to at some point, the dragon watcher series and the otherworldly repairs series. What did ya think of the main character?

Reply

Laiba M
23:57 Jan 03, 2021

Hmm, okay! That makes sense, I can tell you're very busy. I liked the main character and how they spoke about their friend~~

Reply

B. W.
00:12 Jan 04, 2021

whats something else you'd wanna see me do?

Reply

Laiba M
16:33 Jan 04, 2021

Just in general? Maybe post your FNAF story chapter by chapter/part by part on here? I personally think it'd be very successful on the platform. If you ever get second thoughts, you can always delete it~~

Reply

B. W.
16:43 Jan 04, 2021

I'm still not really sure if i should do that though, I don't think its a good idea that much, not that much people will probably like it.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Orenda .
18:32 Jan 05, 2021

heylo, my story's out. Feel free to check it out whenever you want. Drop some feedback too!

Reply

B. W.
18:56 Jan 05, 2021

Alrighty ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Wow, I like how you brought up the weird things kids say and connected it to a possible past life. How did you come up with this great idea?

Reply

B. W.
03:15 Jan 04, 2021

I was just sort of thinking of what to do for the prompt, and then Ive always kinda liked that stuff, so I decided to make it. I'm better at doing fantasy and all that, so i decided to do this rather then a regular small thing :/

Reply

ive always found stuff like this interesting as well i just never thought of connecting it to this prompt. you did a good job i enjoyed the story even from the very beginning.

Reply

B. W.
03:38 Jan 04, 2021

Did ya maybe have a favorite part or character in the story?

Reply

my favorite part would probably be when the girl decided to call herself Eri to stay connected to her past life.

Reply

B. W.
04:14 Jan 04, 2021

what do ya think of the main character?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Orenda .
11:13 Jan 03, 2021

as usual, a gripping concept, though this is rife with grammatical errors, so I'll point them out. Edit them out too. Do you remember the creepy and weird things little kids would always tell you? --> possible redundancy. You're trying to say the same thing twice. Use either creepy or weird. It would be quite random mostly, sometimes they'd just go and say, "I don't like the water mommy, last time I went in there I died." --> don't use unnecessary words. Remove "go and". You shouldn't be stuck in the past in some way. --> using "in som...

Reply

B. W.
18:52 Jan 03, 2021

I'll fix it all soon, half of it might be me and the other half might be Grammarly from the stuff it does, though thanks. I always love fantasy and all that, so I wasn't planning on doing any other stories until I ended up getting this idea. Did you maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

Orenda .
06:37 Jan 04, 2021

right, okay. Not really.

Reply

B. W.
07:19 Jan 04, 2021

Is there anything else you think I should use besides Grammarly?

Reply

Orenda .
07:29 Jan 04, 2021

I believe ProWritingAid is more effective than Grammarly since it out points out your style, your sticky words index, your readability index and etcetera.

Reply

B. W.
16:36 Jan 04, 2021

I should try to use that then?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✨Abby ✨
17:21 Jan 06, 2021

wow, this was ammmaaazzziinngg! the beginning was my favorite. super creepy.

Reply

B. W.
18:22 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks ^^ i got another one out yesterday, could you check out "Eir"

Reply

✨Abby ✨
20:41 Jan 06, 2021

okay!

Reply

B. W.
20:58 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks ^^ also how have ya been?

Reply

✨Abby ✨
04:50 Jan 07, 2021

Good!

Reply

B. W.
05:24 Jan 07, 2021

do ya think the new prompts will be good?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sam Reeves
10:18 Jan 06, 2021

This was so cool! I loved the audio logs and the immersive sections of Eri's life. You did such a good job and there's a whole world to discover there, I'd be interested to see how the rest of the story plays out Good job!

Reply

B. W.
18:15 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ did you have a favorite part or anything like that? there wont be any other parts to this though.

Reply

Sam Reeves
14:18 Jan 08, 2021

I loved it all tbh, but I really did like how you flicked back and forth between the audio logs and being immersed in Eri's life. You did it really well as it flowed smoothly. I also liked how you made the audio logs sound how someone would talk in real life, if that makes sense? It felt very real :)

Reply

B. W.
19:37 Jan 08, 2021

Thanks so much ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sam Reeves
14:18 Jan 08, 2021

I loved it all tbh, but I really did like how you flicked back and forth between the audio logs and being immersed in Eri's life. You did it really well as it flowed smoothly. I also liked how you made the audio logs sound how someone would talk in real life, if that makes sense? It felt very real :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sam Reeves
14:18 Jan 08, 2021

I loved it all tbh, but I really did like how you flicked back and forth between the audio logs and being immersed in Eri's life. You did it really well as it flowed smoothly. I also liked how you made the audio logs sound how someone would talk in real life, if that makes sense? It felt very real :)

Reply

B. W.
19:36 Jan 08, 2021

Why'd you say several of these?

Reply

Sam Reeves
23:30 Jan 08, 2021

I'm so sorry, my wifi bugged out and I was super impatient. I hit reply several times without seeing it posted the comment! Sorry for the spam

Reply

B. W.
23:50 Jan 08, 2021

eh its fine

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 10 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
22:46 Jan 05, 2021

I MENTIONED YOU IN MY NEWEST STORY!!!

Reply

B. W.
23:03 Jan 05, 2021

really??

Reply

. .
23:04 Jan 05, 2021

YASSSS

Reply

B. W.
23:05 Jan 05, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Antonio Jimenez
05:50 Jan 04, 2021

Nice job. I really liked the "begin" and "end audio log" inserts. They really filled out the story. Interesting concept and well written. Would love if you checked out my stories and let me know what you think.

Reply

B. W.
06:18 Jan 04, 2021

Sure, I'll check your stories out real soon. And I'm glad that ya liked the story, what did ya think of the main character and stuff?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Woah, the beginning was so mysterious and thriller-like! Loved this. And how you ended with "end audio log," that just hit. Great ending. Your story was so creative!!!

Reply

B. W.
19:04 Jan 03, 2021

Thanks, did you have a favorite part or character?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amy Mayeaux
01:59 Jul 06, 2021

Ahh this is great! There is some minor typos here and there, but who doesn't have them? You are fine, the plot made up for it. ;) The story has a nice flow and switch between audio logs and memories. You were straight-forward with the character's thoughts and feelings, which was greatly appreciated. I understood and felt their compassion for their friend 'Eri.' I notice that you do well with hints and gradual insanity. (If that makes sense?) Slowly getting more detail, and knowing that the story is anything but what it seems to be at fir...

Reply

B. W.
21:05 Jul 08, 2021

Yeah, I felt like going with ACTUAL past lives and not like, jobs, or childhood things, like you mentioned. And I just kinda thought that it would be more fun to do if I did it like this ^^ And I'm glad that you still liked this one. I have no plans on continuing this story, if I'm being honest, I almost forgot about this one since I've been working with other ones. Though if you want, you could just guess what happened after this? I already thought of it a few months ago, but I haven't seen anyone guess about what happened to the main chara...

Reply

Amy Mayeaux
03:17 Jul 15, 2021

It is creative, I'll give you that, and I think you could still work off of this. If I were to guess, I would think the friend would take over the recordings. Perhaps the friend would think it would help with her coping with it all, or maybe she steals it (She's desperate to talk through her issues, and the recording device came to mind perhaps?). With one of these endings: (idk, I am really liking where this story could go) - Maybe some magic comes into play, and she was never actually one person, but she is a shape-shifter who forgets pa...

Reply

B. W.
22:51 Jul 15, 2021

Okay, I can 100% agree on that last one just being lame, and its always boring as well. I always see theories with that idea as well for shows and stuff, like "Oh, this character never actually went on this magical adventure, it was a dream/they were in a coma." and similar stuff. Though with the first one you mentioned, the one with the shapeshifter, that actually sounds pretty good, I like it ^^ I think if I ever did that one, it could be a sequel to this, or even a standalone thing that isn't related, because that idea could work in so ma...

Reply

Amy Mayeaux
03:50 Jul 17, 2021

Right?! (to both things you mentioned) Not many people do it, but when they do mention the whole coma thing, I just want to vomit. Yeah, I came up with it in the moment, and looking back, I am quite proud of it. They can have an identity-crisis the entire time, and then the friend can kind-of support them. Maybe there could be like a support group for people just like them, but it is like a secret society, and they are dangerously powerful sorts... and look at me creating a new WIP. *ties in a found-family trope for the support group* ...

Reply

B. W.
05:49 Jul 17, 2021

I guess since we're just talking about the found family's now, imagine this: It's a fantasy story except it ends in two ways: The coma/dream cliche, or the one where its real but the character gets taken from their new family. In both ways, its going to be upsetting and a bit sad, because again the found-family trope is just pretty cute, but if its the coma/dream thing, then those relationships were never real, and within the story, neither were the other group of characters that became a family to the MC. If its one where its real, and the...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:50 Mar 11, 2021

I really like the format of this! I've never seen an audio log story before. Very interesting!

Reply

B. W.
16:05 Mar 11, 2021

Thanks so much ^^ did you maybe have a favorite part in it?

Reply

16:12 Mar 11, 2021

I think I liked how it switched between the italics and normal font a lot. Especially that last audio log part; it really feels haunting. It feels a little hopeful for Eri, but at the same time, it's kinda disturbing, and I love that. Great job!

Reply

B. W.
16:18 Mar 11, 2021

Thanks ^^ could you possibly check out some of my other stories as well and leave some feedback?

Reply

17:01 Mar 11, 2021

Sure!

Reply

B. W.
17:05 Mar 11, 2021

Thanks ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Echo Sundar
16:59 Feb 16, 2021

Wow. Love this story I like the fantasy aspect and how you have them talking into video logs. Great story!!!

Reply

B. W.
23:05 Feb 16, 2021

Thank you ^^ I'm really glad that you liked it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lerato Moeketsi
21:08 Jan 13, 2021

Great story B. Love it.

Reply

B. W.
00:19 Jan 14, 2021

Thanks ^^ did ya have a favorite part?

Reply

Lerato Moeketsi
00:43 Jan 14, 2021

Yes I did. I can relate to the statement you made about people who don't ever want to move on. That part really reminds me of someone I know. Thanks

Reply

B. W.
02:45 Jan 14, 2021

Why did you say so many of these? There's like almost 40 of the same thing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lerato Moeketsi
00:45 Jan 14, 2021

Yes I did. I can relate to the statement you made about people who don't ever want to move on. That part really reminds me of someone I know. Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lerato Moeketsi
00:46 Jan 14, 2021

Yes I did. I can relate to the statement you made about people who don't ever want to move on. That part really reminds me of someone I know. Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 35 replies
Show 1 reply
Olivia Henderson
05:22 Jan 12, 2021

Oh my god. This is wonderful!! I LOVED the reincarnation thing! With the fantasical-horror thing going on here! Your writing style is unique, and beautiful! Ps. I'm new here, and I dont get the point system. You're stories are MAGICAL! You should be higher! But then stories like "happy birthday (or not)" are so lame and boring. I think it's by Siya or someone like that. Suggestion: do not read that story. Keep writing!

Reply

B. W.
06:17 Jan 12, 2021

Sia is a friend and i like her stories though, its been a while but I think the story was even a gift to someone but I ain't sure. Though I'm at least glad that you liked this story and I guess my other ones as well if you've read them ^^ I'm not sure if you just don't like the story if you actually don't like Sia. Also, welcome to Reedsy ^^ A lot of new people seem to be joining it recently, also I actually was either 3rd or 2nd place but then I ended up getting downvoted a lot. I also hope you wont actually be rude towards Sia about someth...

Reply

Olivia Henderson
06:28 Jan 12, 2021

Hey. Yeah, probably. Wait, your friends with her?! Gosh... I would never! Anyways, welcome! Yeah, i hope they do get rid of downvoting.

Reply

Orenda .
06:39 Jan 12, 2021

now, I find it equally hard to believe that you're NOT an alt account. Nobody would "dislike" a person based off of their story. Disliking a story is a preference, but disliking the writer is not and you're being judgemental. You haven't been on here for a long time and you can't be expected to make judgments when you haven't even talked to Sia. And you keep going around, talking about not liking the same story. Disgusting.

Reply

Olivia Henderson
06:40 Jan 12, 2021

Woah ... Whatever. But I still love your stories though.

Reply

Orenda .
06:43 Jan 12, 2021

i don't like what you're doing here, though. Either you're an alt account, somebody who doesn't enjoy Sia's company and wants to show your detestation through an alt account or you're a legitimate account. But if you're really an alt acc and come out someday, I won't be happy. And thanks!

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
B. W.
06:42 Jan 12, 2021

I don't really care that much if her stories are actually boring or anything really terrible because I don't know what to really exactly say :/ I just care for her personality and stuff, and shes nice and a good friend of mine. Not just her stories if that makes sense? Kinda like what Ori just said, I would never dislike her just because of her stories or anyone from that. The downvoting and spamming have been going on for the last several months and it doesn't really make me mad anymore exactly, it just gets me really annoyed to be honest :...

Reply

Sia S
06:45 Jan 12, 2021

Hey! Hey! Hey! Sis! Thanks for all the super kind stuff about me, but ur stories are wonderful! I've read a couple of tour earlier ines, and I loved them! Mainly were grammatical issues which are perfect now!

Reply

B. W.
06:48 Jan 12, 2021

My first few stories were complete trash though :/ I don't think it was just grammatical issues.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Olivia Henderson
06:47 Jan 12, 2021

Ik, ik, I hate the DV thing too. No need to be sad ot anything I'll read a couple of ur old ones when I get t9me tho

Reply

B. W.
06:50 Jan 12, 2021

Also question, do ya plan on making any stories at some point? These prompts are decent. Some other friends (or maybe just one of them, I forgot sorta) emailed Jenn who is someone that works at reedsy about it, though nobody has done anything about the whole DV thing yet. And that was a few months ago.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:25 Jan 09, 2021

Haha that was really cool! I liked it a lot, keep writing! :D

Reply

B. W.
18:32 Jan 09, 2021

did ya have a favorite character or part?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
23:22 Jan 05, 2021

SUUURP

Reply

B. W.
00:48 Jan 06, 2021

huh?

Reply

02:22 Jan 06, 2021

Sup lol

Reply

B. W.
02:28 Jan 06, 2021

How are ya?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
23:14 Jan 04, 2021

Hey B! I'm thinking about writing a story soon with different characters dedicated to friends on Reedsy. And I would like to put you in it, so I was wondering how you would want your character to act?

Reply

B. W.
00:46 Jan 05, 2021

That's kinda cute and thanks ^^ I guess I'd want my character to be a bit shy who kinda overthinks but is also friendly and stuff like that, she could also like horror and stuff.

Reply

Maya -
01:13 Jan 05, 2021

Okay, thanks! I'll put your character in if I do that. A few more things though, do you have a physical description/ special skills/ or spirit animal (if I do that). Also, should your name be B or Hope like in your bio or something else?

Reply

B. W.
01:45 Jan 05, 2021

You can call me B, both names are fine though. I don't think I have special skills, but what if story me could communicate and understand animals? something like that. Brown eyes, brown hair, and I wear glasses and mostly hoodies.

Reply

Maya -
01:47 Jan 05, 2021

Great! What is your spirit animal, like an animal that matches your personality?

Reply

B. W.
02:51 Jan 05, 2021

I'm not really sure actually :/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
17:06 Jan 04, 2021

Hello! I really loved how you styled this story!!! Especially the beginning, when you talked about the creepy/weird things that kids say. It also fit the prompt very well! Great job! :D

Reply

B. W.
17:15 Jan 04, 2021

Thank you ^^ did ya have a favorite part or character?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
17:20 Jan 04, 2021

Np! I liked Griffin and the very beginning part of the story :)

Reply

B. W.
17:34 Jan 04, 2021

are you gonna make a story?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
18:03 Jan 04, 2021

I'm working on a collab with someone right now, but could you read my Ten Seconds 'Till Death story and tell me how it is?

Reply

B. W.
19:06 Jan 04, 2021

I will when i can

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.