52 comments

Christian Contemporary Friendship

I forgive you.



Some of us have done some nasty things, but I still forgive you.


Points are just numbers. Stories are the core of Reedsy, not numbers.


So no matter what you did-- whether you downvoted or spammed for points or bullied someone who got on your nerves-- I forgive you.


But you have to apologize. 


People are depressed, sad, even leaving, because of something you’ve done, maybe. I understand-- we all get jealous or angry at some point. But you have to say you’re sorry, you have to apologize to them.


Some people won’t forgive you.


“You took three months or points off me in three days! How dare you!”


“I thought you were my friend! How dare you!”


“Downvoting? I thought I knew you!”


“I feel so sad because of this! How dare you!”


“I don’t want to be friends with a bully.”


“Just leave already, before you hurt anyone else!”


“I wish you could turn back time and undo all the things you did and bring my friends back!”


But I forgive you. 


God put us here to love and forgive. Not to hate and let that hate simmer like a witch’s potion. God taught us to work together and be kind to one another. Not to start fights and lose your temper on everyone else. 

God put us here to care, to do to others what we want others to do to us, and to do what no animal could do--


FORGIVE.


I forgive you. 


It’s okay if not everyone forgives you straightaway, but do what you can to spread harmony. Leave kind comments. Upvote the downvoted. Apologize a thousand times if you must. Be humble. But don’t just leave as soon as word gets around that you did something wrong--say you’re sorry. Do it as many times as you must. 

If you were downvoting, upvote. 

If you were bullying, spread positivity and kindness. 

If you were being mean, say you’re sorry. 


(Yes, it’s a repeating thing. I will say you should apologize as many times as I can.) 


Now, if you haven’t done anything wrong, your goal is to forgive. Tell people it’s okay that they messed up, give them suggestions for ways to make others feel better. 

Forgive the person who downvoted you, forgive those who annoyed you. 

Forgive those who were cruel, mean, selfish, even downright nasty to you.

Forgive people who didn’t even do bad things to you, forgive the people who did bad things to your friends. 

Forgive. 


(I know I say this a lot, but you have to forgive and apologize.)


Now, you’re probably saying “why are you saying this, Emerald? What’s your problem?”


Because I care.


It’s almost Easter, it’s Holy Week now. 


So even if you aren’t Cristian, you should think about this:


God put us here to love.


Not to downvote. 


God put us here to forgive.


Not to spam “shame on you” to those who disturbed you and your friends. 


God put us here as a community. 


God made two people, Adam and Eve, not one.

So. 


What are you going to do?


Are you going to send angry emojis to the people who downvoted, bullied, or insulted?


Are you going to leave when things get tough, or are you going to ask for forgiveness?


Are you going to hate and spam, or are you going to love thy virtual neighbor? 


It’s up to you, really. But this is a message I want to spread. 


If you have been downvoted, put this in your bio.


I forgive you, downvoters, and even though you’ve made mistakes, I will say it’s okay. You should stop downvoting now, and ask for forgiveness. But if you say sorry, I will forgive you. Just stop downvoting, and apologize to everyone you hurt, and we will forgive you. Be sure to love thy virtual neighbor and support fellow writers, because we are all in this together. We are all writers, and we will triumph with the power of our stories.


If you have been downvoting, say you’re sorry to everyone you hurt, even if they’ve left. You’ve hurt people, you know But if you apologize and stop downvoting, you can stop anything else from going wrong. You can help. You can stop something that has been affecting a lot of us--our friends leaving due to downvoting. 


You can stop the spread of writers leaving Reedsy. 


All you have to do is say two words:


I’m sorry.


All the people who have been downvoted--you only have to say three words in return.


I forgive you.


It’s really easy.


Lent is ending, so even if you aren’t Cristian, you can still take advantage of this opportunity. 


Apologize and forgive.


#StopDownvotingNow


#SupportFellowWriters


#ApologizeAndForgive


#LiveLearnAndLove


Also, if you’ve been having any problems, I’ll be here to talk. 


Please share this story! 


Thank you! 


On behalf of all of Reedsy. 


Thanks,


Emerald, Peacekeeper, emoji lover, friend, forgiver, and overall nice person.


🙏🏼✝️🙏🏼😊✝️🙏🏼✝️🙏🏼😊✝️🙏🏼✝️🙏🏼😊✝️🙏🏼✝️🙏🏼😊✝️🙏🏼✝️🙏🏼😊✝️




I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.

I am loved, you are loved, and we are all appreciated by someone out there.




March 31, 2021 15:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

52 comments

15:05 Mar 31, 2021

Share this story!

Reply

Show 0 replies

<3333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sia S
14:34 Apr 01, 2021

Can I die already?

Reply

17:19 Apr 01, 2021

In the story or in real life? Because I like you in real life and wouldn't like you to die

Reply

18:39 Apr 01, 2021

Part 6 is out, too

Reply

Sia S
04:52 Apr 02, 2021

yay

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:52 Apr 02, 2021

Real life lol

Reply

11:34 Apr 02, 2021

Oh no! I pray everything gets better for you and your family.

Reply

Sia S
11:34 Apr 02, 2021

:) thanks sis.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
15:27 Mar 31, 2021

I know discussing Christianity isn't the easiest thing to do on a website like this, but thank you for mentioning it. This is such a good message. I just hope no one gets offended.

Reply

15:28 Mar 31, 2021

If they do, I'll do what the whole message is about: apologize and forgive.

Reply

15:34 Mar 31, 2021

Yeah :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Meera Lakshmi
15:07 Mar 31, 2021

yes queen :)

Reply

15:08 Mar 31, 2021

YES!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:20 Apr 17, 2021

You guys, please ask this writer to stop, they copied another's stories and bullied Lillian. thanks. I asked her to work it out but she downvoted me :( https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/bridget-summers/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mazie Gray
02:44 Apr 02, 2021

Thank you.

Reply

11:33 Apr 02, 2021

For what? I'm confused

Reply

Mazie Gray
12:51 Apr 02, 2021

For writing this. It needs to be heard and it's so true.

Reply

15:05 Apr 02, 2021

Oh! Can you share it with some friends?

Reply

Mazie Gray
16:06 Apr 02, 2021

Of course! And I already have it in my bio. :)

Reply

21:19 Apr 02, 2021

Yay!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
User_2443 0967
22:23 Oct 13, 2021

Hey! are you Catholic??

Reply

19:15 Oct 14, 2021

Why, yes! Are you?

Reply

User_2443 0967
02:35 Oct 15, 2021

YES!!! :D

Reply

14:00 Oct 16, 2021

Cool! So many peeps nowadays don't even have a religion, so I feel kinda lonely.

Reply

User_2443 0967
03:06 Oct 17, 2021

Yay, same! I can finally relate to someone. :)

Reply

11:01 Oct 17, 2021

Yay!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Plz sign my petition to help save helpless cows and spread the word: http://chng.it/tmwTRXTcgq

Reply

Show 0 replies
Pippin Took
14:41 Apr 16, 2021

I love this Em, such a good story! Is anyone else in pajamas and furiously stalking the Contests page for the new contest to come out XD #iamwaytooexcited

Reply

14:45 Apr 16, 2021

Yep! Only I have to get out my story about zombies.

Reply

Pippin Took
14:52 Apr 16, 2021

Ooooh I'd love to read it. Message me when it gets out!

Reply

14:55 Apr 16, 2021

I will!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amel Parvez
09:44 Apr 13, 2021

nice! tho i am not christian but yeah the message was well conveyed:)

Reply

18:12 Apr 13, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Amel Parvez
19:56 Apr 13, 2021

you're welcome:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ado Ree
11:20 Apr 01, 2021

This is such a beautiful message. I hope everyone sees this. #ApologizeAndForgive ✨

Reply

12:19 Apr 01, 2021

Thank you!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Vera Vuscoe
22:31 Mar 31, 2021

Em, Wow...That must've took a lot. I already forgave Devaki, and to every other downvoter that sees this, I forgive you. #ApologizeAndForgive #StopDownvotingNow #SupportFellowWriters #LiveLearnAndLove - Starlight

Reply

12:19 Apr 01, 2021

Beautiful! Can I add your hashtag?

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
17:19 Apr 01, 2021

Yeah! Go ahead, if you think it is good :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
17:28 Mar 31, 2021

yesssssss <333333

Reply

20:23 Mar 31, 2021

Thanks

Reply

20:47 Mar 31, 2021

:) np

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:37 Mar 31, 2021

#StopDownvotingNow #SupportFellowWriters #ApologizeAndForgive This is such a great message! I really wish the downvoter would stop, and we'd all forgive them! We need more solutions like these in the real world! Forgive. Not punish. xo M

Reply

15:38 Mar 31, 2021

Thanks for agreeing! This has been out for less than an hour and so many people like it

Reply

15:39 Mar 31, 2021

I can see why, this is definitely the solution to the problem we have!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
15:11 Mar 31, 2021

WOWOWWOOWOWOW THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS for writing this. i-i----don't know what to say. Are you a Christian? It's a powerful message and just wow. #apologizeandforgive I've been trying to not get involved with this situation because I was afraid that I would say something that people took the wrong way. Thanks for sharing your point of view <3 L.W.

Reply

15:20 Mar 31, 2021

Thank you for commenting! Yes! I like that hashtag, can I add it?

Reply

TJ Squared
15:25 Mar 31, 2021

ofc :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:09 Mar 31, 2021

I'm really not into religion, but I get what you're saying. Okay, so I randomly got an idea from one line; what if there were time-traveling prompts, like the line you put in here? I know that isn't the main point, but still :)

Reply

15:18 Mar 31, 2021

Time traveling? Ohmy gosh yes I would bring my friends back

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.