262 comments

Adventure Fantasy

Have any of you ever wondered about Other Dimensions or Universes? have you ever wanted to go there? Have you ever been trapped there? Well i have and this is my story..

I sigh as i lay on by bed and talk to my friend, Lillian over the phone. Since i moved here a couple of days ago she was suggesting that Maybe me and her should go and see a movie together.

It would have been fine and i would have agreed but then she told me what movie it was. Ugh. Vampires and Romance don't go together, and don't even bother trying to add werewolves into the thing.

"Come on Harlow, You need to get used to the town. What better way than to go see a movie?" Lillian asked, Of course my friend would love the movie. she's always loved really any type of romance story.

"No! i'd rather be back at my actual home and just sleeping." When i had checked the time it was 11:40 Pm. what?? back home its like 3:30 am...

"Harlow i'm telling you once you see the movie with me i'm sure you'll be.." When she was about to finish that, Both of us then heard a loud crashing sound. what was that??

"Uh...hold on i'll go check out if that was somewhere in my place." I could hear footsteps and then her door closing. I had a very good feeling that the noise didn't come from her place.

Though i didn't try to go look yet, maybe i was wrong and she'd find the noise. I probably didn't even have anything to worry about, it could just be a Raccoon or another small animal.

But that's when i heard it again, louder this time though. Yeah that wasn't with Lillian, is it a lot of Raccoons?? i've never even had problems with wild animals until now i guess.

"Fine...i'll just shoo it out then." i mumbled as i hung up the phone and start leaving my room. It would only be for a couple of minutes and then i'd call her back.

I walked all through my house and everything seemed fine, Until i got into the living room. A large portal was in the living room and it seemed to be growing, It had knocked over a few chairs. That must have been the crashing noise.

I don't know why but i felt like going closer to the thing, That's what i exactly did. When i got closer i could feel my phone buzzing in my pocket, Lillian must have realized that i hung up.

I only stared at the portal though so the phone soon stopped buzzing, i never noticed that yet though. why is there a portal here? am i just dreaming? i have to be!

I was taken out of the trance when i then heard my phone begin to buzz again though this time a bit louder than earlier. "Huh? what is it Lillian?" i asked still staring at the portal.

"Oh thank gosh! Well, i didn't find whatever that noise was earlier, did you find it?" she asked, i could tell she was relieved. Though i heard some faint static while she was talking, is that bad?

"Um well, yes, but..its something that you'd never think would ever be there.." i started to tell her, i could somehow hear static in my own voice. I was walking towards the portal again and getting even closer.

"Oh what, is it a bear cub or something?" she asked jokingly, though her voice was very faint to me. I was instead hearing voices coming from inside the portal. People were in that thing?? Maybe if i just...

I hung up once again on Lillian and put my phone into my back pocket. "Hm...is it safe?" i mumbled to myself as i then put my hand straight into the portal.

My hand felt a bit Fuzzy but i think that might be normal, so it seemed safe then. i'll just do it a bit more, whats the harm in that? this is probably still a dream!

I kept putting more of my body into the portal, each time it felt more fuzzy for some reason. I started to feel dizzy all of a sudden when i then heard a faint door bell ringing.

I had wondered who that was, Did Lillian come because she was worried about me? was it the Pizza that i ordered like an hour ago? i never got to know who, because moment's later i then blacked out.

When i did wake up though i was laying down on cold ground and everything was dark, was i in a cave?? what the heck is going on? where even am i??

Hah! I remembered about that portal but how could that have happened? I could have just been sleep-walking...which i guess is still pretty weird since i've never actually done that until now. Wow.

I felt Exhausted, i must have been out all night because i could faintly see some lights through some faint cracks. Maybe Lillian could help me with this sleep-walking thing once i get back to the house.

I could at least move and wasn't just frozen but i just couldn't stand at the time. I reached into my pocket to grab my phone, maybe i could call Lillian and she could come and pick me up.

I smiled as i finally took it out and got ready to call her when i then realized something, my phone was broken. I must have fallen down a couple of times last night and broken it. Damn it!

I lay there a bit longer what seems to be about thirty minutes or so when i then began to hear faint foot-steps nearby. Did Lillian maybe send someone to look for me? i know thats a bit far-fetched but it could still happen!

"Sir!" i then heard someone shout nearby, it sounded like they were almost right behind me. Why were they being so formal with the name? this wasn't even that big of a deal, i couldn't have been gone that long either.

"We found her! she's over in that cave!" a second voice said this time, though it sounded a bit angry. jeez how many people did she bring to find me??

I think it must have been a total of three people who came for me as they then all walked into the cave and started to drag me out of it. I was a bit happy and was going to say something when i then realized something.

I don't think that this was even a rescue mission, these people were also in blue and gray uniforms. I looked on ahead to see that they were taking me into a large police car with bars, one of the men also had hand-cuffs.

this is a preview type thing for my novel or whatever you would call it, This is Chapter 1 and a bit of chapter 2. This is a bit different than my original one but its still mostly the same ^^

September 15, 2020 18:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

262 comments

Basil Boi
18:50 Sep 15, 2020

Ooo! Exciting! I've finished, what else do you want me to do?

Reply

B. W.
19:03 Sep 15, 2020

Well i'm working on chapter 3 of it and i think i need your help on when all the characters should meet, did i maybe tell you the full plot for it?

Reply

Basil Boi
04:41 Sep 16, 2020

Sorry for the late reply!! I see and I'd love to read the whole plot!

Reply

B. W.
12:40 Sep 16, 2020

Tell me what you think: 17 year old Harlow gets transported into another dimension and has no idea how to get back so now she must deal with trying to find her way home, remaining hidden so she doesn't get captured and an alternate version of herself thats after her, but with the help of a new friend there, Willow, will she be able to get back?

Reply

Basil Boi
14:31 Sep 16, 2020

Wow! Sounds so exciting! Can't wait to read it! So, what are your ideas on when the characters should meet? Which characters are gonna meet?

Reply

B. W.
14:34 Sep 16, 2020

Well Harlow needs to meet Willow first and then a bit later she'd meet Alternate Harlow but the problem is that i have no ideas at all for how it should happen, some bad news as well i think i'm getting down-voted

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
01:26 Sep 29, 2020

Intriguing start to it. I would say that they are mistaking you for the you of that time line. They do say one major decision could lead to infinite possibilities.

Reply

B. W.
01:33 Sep 29, 2020

Thank's i'm glad ya liked it ^^ and yeah, they're mistaking Harlow (regular) for the alternate Harlow.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
C.j 🤍
20:30 Sep 24, 2020

How is your story coming

Reply

B. W.
20:32 Sep 24, 2020

Do you mean my Novel with Harlow and Willow? i guess it's going good but i have writers block

Reply

C.j 🤍
20:36 Sep 24, 2020

What is writers block

Reply

B. W.
20:58 Sep 24, 2020

Writers block is kind of when you can't come up with anything for a story/novel like you stop thinking of ideas and can't think of anything else for the stuff. like an example, If you were writing a book or a short story and you were trying to come up with something for the next chapter or really anything for it and you can't thats kinda writers block, i dunno how to explain it that much

Reply

C.j 🤍
23:13 Sep 24, 2020

Ok

Reply

B. W.
23:13 Sep 24, 2020

Could ya actually help with something else? do you know my demi-god series?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dalyane Deblois
13:36 Sep 17, 2020

Wow this is great, and definitely intriguing at the end!!

Reply

B. W.
13:41 Sep 17, 2020

thanks, i'm glad you liked it ^^ the full novel will take a while but it will be out at some point

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
22:16 Sep 15, 2020

Wow, this was amazing! My favorite part was when she first saw the portal. I loved it! Great job!

Reply

B. W.
23:41 Sep 15, 2020

would you wanna get it and read it if i ever put it on amazon?

Reply

Avery G.
23:44 Sep 15, 2020

Sure! Only if the price is not too high, though

Reply

B. W.
23:45 Sep 15, 2020

It probably won't be that high, maybe just five dollars

Reply

Avery G.
23:47 Sep 15, 2020

Yeah, that's okay

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.