103 comments

High School Romance

Author’s Note: Hello! This had to get out before the contest ended so Saph may or may not have written the last bit because I was at school. Also random fun fact: I wrote the ending before we even formed the plot :)


Who knows, maybe I’m at school while typing this :3


ANYWAYS, I wrote Aliyah’s POV for the first ⅔ ish, and Saph wrote everything for the rest. BEFORE YOU GO ROASTING ME ABOUT MY WRITING ABILITIES, let’s say that Saph writing the rest saved this from being thrown in the fire XD. I edited the part that she wrote, so that counts for something, right? 


*silence*


Okay, never mind. We spent lots of (uncoordinated) time on this, & I hope you’ll like it!!


***


Aliyah’s POV


I was reading Anne of Green Gables while lying down on my towel. A cool breeze flowed through my hair, along with laughter from the surfers nearby. The warm summer sun heated the white sand under my feet, and my umbrella-shaded my face from the harsh sun rays so I didn’t have to put on sunscreen.


Ew, I thought as the mention of sunscreen crept into my brain.


“Who wants to try and dunk Logan?” a voice said, drifting from the direction of the water.


I sat up, placed my bookmark in my book and took off my sunglasses to get a better look.


A group of boys near the shore were surrounding one of them, one with dark blonde hair and mesmerizing green eyes. 


“I do!” said one with dark hair and tan skin.


I stood up, leaned forward and squinted my eyes so I could see.


“Three points to whoever gets Logan first!” said the first one.


The dark-haired one grinned wickedly as everyone backed up and let him get close to Logan.

He rubbed his hands together and jumped on top of him. Logan struggled against the dark-haired one, refusing to let his hair touch the water, even though it was already wet from surfing. They wrestled back and forth until the dark-haired one pushed Logan’s head into the water and yelled out in victory.


Logan’s POV


Andrew dunked me in the water as I got out, shouting “AYYYYY, THREE POINTS FOR GETTING LOGAN!” Shaking my head, I shoved him away and shook the water out of my hair. 


“Anyone want hot dogs?” 


Actually, that was probably a silly question. What was I expecting to hear from a group of hungry guys staring at me like a pack of wolves waiting for food? 


“OF COURSE, DUDE! HOT DOGS ON LOGAN!” 


The guys cheered as I rolled my eyes. I think half my money went to feeding them. 


As I was heading to our spot on the beach, I didn’t notice the girl standing nearby, and accidentally brushed against her. Her dark blonde hair swayed as she looked up at me with startled blue eyes. 


“Sorry.” 


“It’s- I- Okay.” 


It was adorable to watch her face turn red. So I made it redder by shooting her a smile and a wink. 


The blush crept up her neck. 


Grinning to myself, I grabbed a drink from the cooler and joined the guys who were ordering food at the stand. I took a sip as I watched Jake flirt with the girl next to him. He didn’t stand a chance with her. 


Looking back at the girl I just brushed, I smiled as I watched her quickly look away after meeting my gaze. She looked familiar, one of those quiet girls at school. 


“What’s your name? Aliyah?” 


She jumped and looked at me, nodding her head yes. 


“Wanna join us?” 


Her eyes widened. The blush was back. 


“S- sure”, her voice was high-pitched and nervous. 


I shot her a grin and motioned her to come closer. 


What was it with this girl and blushing? 


Aliyah POV 


I think my face was on fire.  


Logan Kiergan asked me to join him.


I walked over to his table and stood in front of him, not knowing where to sit.


“Um, I’ll just sit over here. . .” I said nervously, raising my leg to sit at the furthest seat of the table.


“No, come sit here!” Logan exclaimed, pointing right across to where he was sitting.


I didn’t know what to say so I just walked over, placed my palms on the table and sat down.


“So, how are you doing?” He asked, his green eyes sparkling in sunlight.


I had no idea where to put my hands. Or my legs. Or my eyes.


Especially my eyes.


My vision darted from him to his surfboard to his lips and back again. I settled on each for about a second and rotated through all of them, in some sort of a daze.


“Aliyah, are you okay?”


I shook my head and came back to my senses. “Yeah, I’m good. What about you?”


Logan laughed, running a hand through his dark hair. “Don’t you try and change the subject on me. Everyone says they’re good but that’s probably not true. How are you, actually?”


I met him 30 seconds ago and now he’s asking me personal questions, right off the bat.


“I’m. . . good.”


He raised his eyebrow skeptically. “Well then. What are your hobbies?”


I fiddled with my necklace, a habit formed when something made me really nervous.


“Um. Studying. Playing piano. Writing.”


“Hmm,” said Logan. “Cool. I like surfing, I come here almost every day in summer, I’m the quarterback in the school football team - cliche, I know - and I hate writing.”


I blushed real hard then, my eyes going back to their race on who could look at all of Logan the fastest.


He smiled, revealing bright white teeth that he might’ve had to scrub for 2 hours with whitening toothpaste to get THAT white.


“Uh, so. . . what school do you go to?” I asked nervously, my feet pivoting on its ball in boredom of nothing else to do.


“Westwinds High School, I’ve seen you around before,” Logan said, clawing my attention to his eyes as he said this


My eyes popped open in surprise.


“What?” he asked.


How have I never seen him before? It’s not like he’s that hard to notice. Actually, he would be the only thing I noticed.


“Oh, I didn’t know I went to the same school as you. Anyways. . .”


“Stop trying to change the subject Aliyah,” He said, grinning. “Whose class are you in?”


I might’ve thought he was a private investigator, from all the questions he was asking me.


“Ms. Peters.”


It was his eyes’ turn to pop open. “Me too! How have I never seen you before?”


“Oh, probably because you jocks sit in the back talking about whatever you talk about.” 


OH MY GOD DID I JUST SAY THAT?


I clamped my hands over my mouth while Logan laughed. 


Warmth shot up my cheeks, turning me so red I could’ve been mistaken for a tomato if you hadn’t looked closely.


“Hey Logan! We’re gonna go out for another run, wanna come?” a boy near the edge of the waves called.


“Sure I’ll be right there!” He yelled back. The boy near the waves made a thumbs-up sign with his hands and jumped into the water with his board in his arms. 


Logan turned back to me, his eyes locking with mine. 


“School starts tomorrow, doesn’t it?” he asked.


I just nodded.


“Hmm. Bummer. Well, you’ll be there, so it’ll be less of a bummer. See ya!” He said while getting up, grabbing his board and ran into the waves, joining up with other boys in swimsuits.


I just waved pathetically and thought, Wow. I- Wow.


Logan’s POV


I ran out the front door as soon as I heard Chase’s car pull up in the driveway, shouting a quick goodbye to my mother. 


“Thanks for the ride, man”, I said as I got in. If it wasn’t for the fact that my car was at the mechanic’s because of an unfortunate accident caused by a squirrel jumping out of a tree onto the windshield, I would’ve been able to drive to school myself. 


“No problem, dude”, Chase grinned. 


Then he became annoying. 


“Soooo…..you and Aliyah huh….” 


“We’re not together Chase.” 


“Yeah sureeee.” 


“I’m not kidding.” 


“Nah it’s fine man, she’s cute.” 


“WE’RE NOT TOGETHER!”  


“Well, you better ask her out soon.” 


“Dude, I just met her.” 


“But she’s cute!” 


“THAT DOESN’T MEAN I’LL JUST GO UP TO HER AND BE LIKE ‘HEY, WANNA BE MY GIRLFRIEND?’” 


Chase just laughed and focused on the road. 


“Well, a great time to ask would be at Dani’s party.” 


“Danielle? Since when are you guys on a nickname basis?” 


He grinned and ignored the question. “So are you coming?” 


“We’ll see.” 


He pulled up to the school and parked the car. 


We got out of the car and ran inside to our lockers. Then Chase nudged me. 


And then nudged me again.


“What?” 


Then I looked over to where his gaze was fixed at a girl by her locker. He looked at me and grinned as I saw what he was smiling at. 


Aliyah. 



Aliyah’s POV


I was standing near my locker, gazing at Logan’s face, when he saw me looking at him. My face went up in flames and I smiled while looking down at my feet awkwardly.


Logan smiled back and then poof! 


Danielle Baker.


That self-obsessed snob.


Appears out of nowhere like the fairy grandmother, but she’s more like Cruella DeTorture.


Heeeeyyyy, Logan! How are you doing sweetie?” She asked, strutting up to him in her disgusting pink tank top and purple skirt so that she looked like she appeared out of Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory.


“Uh, I’m doing good,” Logan replies. The fact that he doesn’t ask how she’s doing made me smirk.


“I’m throwing a party on Saturday at 9 pm and I can’t wait to see you there! What colours do you have in your wardrobe? We could be matching, like blue and pink, grey and pink, green and pink . . .”


Danielle hooked her arm with Logan’s and with a final glance at a giggling Chase, Logan let her drag him away to who-knows-where, torturing him with the descriptions of matching ties and slippers.


I looked at my feet and fiddled with the edges of my folder for a few minutes until someone tapped my shoulder. Harriet- my unfortunately only friend- was always bothering me by tapping me, so I turned around and began,” Harriet! Could you stop-”


It was Logan.


I looked up at him and started to apologize. “Oh! Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry-”


He just grinned and said, “It’s fine. I’m just happy that I got away from that Barbie doll of Danielle.”


I giggled and asked him, “What class do you have first?”


“Homeroom.”


“Me too!”


Logan’s eyes lit up and he said, “You said you like writing, what’s your favourite genre?”


“I like horror and-”


I paused because he was now suddenly holding my hand. He squeezed it and after a pause, I squeezed back.


“Go on.”


I smiled. “I like horror and science fiction because . . .”


And then I jabbered off about writing genres while we walked to Homeroom together.



Logan’s POV


There was something about this girl. 


Maybe it was the way her eyes shined as she talked about all things nerdy. 


Or the way she would squeeze my hand whenever she got excited. 


Or maybe it was how she would blush every time I looked at her.  

We got to homeroom and I took my usual seat in the back, and rolled my eyes when I saw Chase wiggling his eyebrows like a maniac and looking at Aliyah then me and then Aliyah and me again. 


“Aliyah! Come sit here.” I shoved Chase out of the seat next to me and patted the chair for her to sit on. 


Chase just laughed and sat in another chair, still wiggling his eyebrows. 


Unfortunately, now it wasn’t just him. 


The rest of the class was giggling and the guys were grinning at me. Rolling my eyes once again, I looked back to Aliyah whose face was red. Like usual. She slowly sat down in the spot Chase had- ahem- vacated and started getting the things out of her bag. 


Class was boring as usual. Only this time, I could sneak glances at Aliyah. 


I brought out my phone underneath my desk and mentally smacked myself for not getting her number. Then I got out a pen and paper and wrote-


Can I have your number? 



Aliyah’s POV 


“HEASKEDMEFORMYNUMBERHEASKEDMEFORMYNUMBERHEASKEDMEFORMYNUMBER!!!” I squealed to Harriet that afternoon after school.


 We were at my house sitting cross legged on my bed as the radio played. Our mouths were stuffed with brownies and the room was filled with squealing- caused by me gushing about Logan. 


“OH MY GOD GIRL WHAT DID YOU DO?”


I took a deep breath. “I GAVE IT TO HIM!!!!!!” 


We burst into giggles as I thought about how he had stuck with me for the whole day, and I turned red as I remembered his text. 


Harriet noticed of course. 


“WHAT DID HE TEXT YOU??” 


“He- HE ASKED IF WE COULD GO TO DANI’S PARTY TOGETHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!” 


That’s when the room exploded in giggles and squealing and screaming. I was so glad my parents were still at work. 


Then Harriet turned serious. 


“WE HAVE TO GET READY, THE PARTY IS IN TWO HOURS!” 


“WHAT?” 


She dragged me to the bathroom and the next two hours flew away in a cloud of perfume, blush, and arguing about outfits. 


It was perfect. 



Logan’s POV


Holy cow- 


Wow. 


Dani’s party was a rager, but it was pretty boring, and it was like most parties. 


Drunk guys, loud music, everyone wasted.


Then the front door opened. 


And in walked Aliyah. 


Harriet left her at the door for her boyfriend, and Aliyah caught my eye and gave me a shy smile. 


Her long golden hair was down and she looked pretty casual, yet dressed up. 


I think- I think I blushed. 


I put the red solo cup in my hand down and walked over to her. 


“Hey.” 


“Hey.” 

“You look uncomfortable.” 


“Well, parties are not my thing.” 


“And yet you still came?” 


“Yeah, for you.” 


Yep, I was blushing. 


How ironic. 


Running a hand through my hair, I took her hand and led her to the quieter part of the house. 


“What do you even do at parties?” she asked once we had achieved solitude. 


“Pretend you're having fun. Watch your friends go crazy. Talk with cute girls.” 


Now her face was on fire too. 


I grinned at her and she smiled back. 


“So . . . what now?” 


“I have an idea.” 


“Oh really?” 


And with that, I kissed her.


~~~


Aliyah sat on the beach where she had seen Logan almost a year ago, when her crush had sprouted. The faint music of the party was drifting in her memory, the feeling she had received when he put his hand on her cheek and kissed her.


She fiddled with her moon necklace, the silver shining in the moonlight.


Aliyah whispered, “I wonder what it's like to love someone who stayed with you forever.”


She looked up at the stars, looking for answers as they twinkled their bright eyes back, listening, wanting. . .


Wishing.


March 05, 2021 20:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

103 comments

Jay Luuu
15:11 Apr 21, 2021

SHEEEEESSHHH!! This story straight bussin! It felt like each one of them had real personalities. Can't say that you didn't get me to smile once or twice… Or twenty times. ;))

Reply

23:46 Apr 21, 2021

thank you!!! XD lol :)))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
17:03 Apr 22, 2021

heheeheheh im going through your stories and heheheeh

Reply

22:24 Apr 22, 2021

hehehehe shanks :)

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
18:20 Apr 23, 2021

heheheheeh np hehehe

Reply

21:10 Apr 23, 2021

:DDD <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Malini S.
06:49 Mar 15, 2021

Fluffy and adorableee :)

Reply

13:48 Mar 15, 2021

Thank you! <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
07:40 Mar 07, 2021

the full story was AWEsome, it was like zooming across a novel! and by the way, your profile pic is cool XD Happy today, amuh!

Reply

19:52 Mar 07, 2021

thank you!!!! thanks :) you too! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
05:19 Mar 06, 2021

Nice! The whole thing was adorably cute! No grammar mistakes either, so good job! But, I think the romance felt a little rushed, so you should probably talk yo saph about that. Hood job though!

Reply

21:51 Mar 06, 2021

thanks! yeah it was, as the writing was WAYYYYYYYY more than just a little bit rushed XD thank youuuuu!

Reply

Sia S
06:00 Mar 07, 2021

Welcome! Yeah, loll XD :))

Reply

19:52 Mar 07, 2021

XD

Reply

Sia S
00:21 Mar 08, 2021

Hehe

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
22:46 Mar 05, 2021

KNSIGULKJENBIWULKGJWNGIUWLKRGNWRIKJL

Reply

22:49 Mar 05, 2021

IHENKXCVIHDOSDGDNSFNGDBD

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
22:51 Mar 05, 2021

SFIKNIUNWRINUGKWJRGNWRJGWNRKJRG

Reply

22:53 Mar 05, 2021

SDVNDOSGHQHTGUHJKSXNVJSDKNVOUSDNGSHDGUHSDGHDJH

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
22:54 Mar 05, 2021

ISKNFGIWURJGNGIUWJRNGWIRUGKLJRNGIURLWKJGWIGLWJKGIOWLGJWOILWKRGJW;RLGIJWRGILWKRGJWLKG

Reply

22:54 Mar 05, 2021

im frustrated :/

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
21:20 Mar 05, 2021

wow! Great job guys!I thought the title was an interesting choice since the star part was at the end. I would love to be in Aliyah's situation...i mean who wouldn't! I think a better name for this story is On Fire, because you mention their cheeks on fire half the time. Anyway, super job!

Reply

22:05 Mar 05, 2021

thanks! hmmmmm okay ill ask saph :) THANKS (even though my part was like........idk but NOT THE BEST)

Reply

TJ Squared
23:07 Mar 05, 2021

but it was still okay!

Reply

23:14 Mar 05, 2021

thanks!

Reply

TJ Squared
23:22 Mar 05, 2021

:))))) np!

Reply

23:24 Mar 05, 2021

romance is not really my tHiNg so at least I tried it out :3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:38 Mar 09, 2021

wowwwwwwwwww this is such a cool story!! and really great for your first try at romance!! the characters felt very realistic and were quite interesting and the titleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aahhhhhh idk why I love it so much but I dooooooooooo amazing job Ame & Saph!

Reply

01:29 Mar 09, 2021

lolllllll thank you! yes they were QUITE interesting (cruella detorture XD) :D which one do you like better? :DDDD thank you so muchhhhhhhhh tHaNk You ImA tElL sApH :D

Reply

01:45 Mar 09, 2021

XDDD hmmmmmmm probably Aliyah....she just feels very relatableXD :DD

Reply

01:47 Mar 09, 2021

yay! I was asking about the title lol but :D almost done storyyyyy about to posttttttt

Reply

01:48 Mar 09, 2021

oooohXDDD I'm so clueless tbh titleeeeeeee hmmmmm I think "On Fire" It seems to show up throughout the story:) yayyyyyy!!!!

Reply

01:49 Mar 09, 2021

oh ok I'll change that :) :DDDD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
23:33 Mar 08, 2021

Please don't leave me forever... If you have to go for a reason, please come back :(

Reply

00:01 Mar 09, 2021

oh noooooooooo I'm not leaving

Reply

15:55 Mar 09, 2021

Oh. Well, there were some rumors that you were thunking about leaving for good and I wanted to make sure that you knew people cared :)

Reply

23:35 Mar 09, 2021

rUmOuRs? whos started them?

Reply

00:19 Mar 10, 2021

I'm not sure... Sia? Maybe she heard it from someone else OH NO WHAT IF A DOWNVOTER OR BULLY STARTED THE RUMORS SO WE'D ALL GET SAD?

Reply

00:28 Mar 10, 2021

hMmMmM siahereIcome THAT WOULDN'T BE GOOD-

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:11 Mar 08, 2021

Ps. Heyyyy!! Mind saying how you think of me (personality) and like, describing me in a sentence, and how do you think I look like? Its for my new biooo!!

Reply

00:05 Mar 09, 2021

hi!!!!!!!!!!! Okay! Personality: kind, outgoing, a bit wEiRd (i am truly sorry) Looks: black hair, dark eyes (brown?) . . . I remember when you made your pfp your face so um. Can't get that outta my head XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ruby 💫
21:12 Mar 05, 2021

Hello! Really great romance story😁XD When it says " I just walked over, placed my palms on the table on the table and sat down. I think you meant just one on the table and not two. Anyways a great story! I know you and Saph have been working on this. So good Job! For getting this done in like the last min! 😁🧡 -Ruby

Reply

22:05 Mar 05, 2021

thanks lollllll yeah, i didnt have time to edit so thankssss! YES done in the last minuteeeee XD

Reply

Ruby 💫
22:08 Mar 05, 2021

It' Ok! Sometimes we got to go fast XD.

Reply

22:28 Mar 05, 2021

yeah XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
02:42 Mar 08, 2021

£-£

Reply

23:59 Mar 08, 2021

Y-Y

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
21:53 Mar 05, 2021

Wow. W o w . That story was FIRE!!! (Get it? Because their cheeks were ON FIRE alot? Ok ok ok I'll stop. XD) I especially loved the characters. Aliyah, the awkward mess; Logan, the (mostly) smooth guy, sweeping Aliyah off her feet; and even Chase, the one friend that ships those two people together. Sure, it might be cliche-ish, but I love when a typically boring cliche was done beautifully. This was an example of that. I applaud you for that :) MINOR ERRORS POLICE, OPEN UP! *smashes door* “OF COURSE DUDE! HOT DOGS ON LOGAN!” --> "OF COUR...

Reply

22:03 Mar 05, 2021

THANKS (most of it was saph because I'm trash at this :) ) yeah its waaaaaaaaaay too cliche lol i didnt really get to edit it so thanks for that! :D THANK YOU(i didn't really do anything tho LOL)

Reply

22:05 Mar 05, 2021

XDDD It was cliche, but it was amazing nonetheless :D I’m sure you did some things :) Yw!!

Reply

22:07 Mar 05, 2021

thanks! it wouldve probably been way better if i hadn't been in it but like ITS A COLLAB SO :)

Reply

22:26 Mar 05, 2021

Don't say that! You contributed to the story as well, and I'm sure you added things that Saph wouldn't have thought of.

Reply

22:29 Mar 05, 2021

maybeeeee but idk lol how are you?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.