46 comments

Speculative Drama

So this story includes people from Reedsy, and I had fun making the quiz and letting people answer it, so I think I will do it more often. There’s Aerin Rebecca, my first follower and friend, she’s Samara in this. Go follow her if you haven’t already. Right now, her name is Don't read my profile pic but I think she’s gonna change it back soon.

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/don-t-read-my-profile-pic/

There’s Cookie Carla, and she’s Cookie in this. Go follow her and read her Adri Trilogy.

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/cookie-carla/

And there’s also Wish in this story, but Im really sorry I have no idea who it is...


Samara

The museum reminds me of dad. He used to paint me and my mom. He didnt believe in photographs, just paintings. He was an amazing artist. But now he’s not.

“Mom. Let’s go. I cant.” I tell my mom, urging to go home. “Is it your memory? Oh, no. Alright, honey. Let’s go.” We walk out of the hard metal doors together, looking at one final painting. A mother and a daughter at the piano, playing and singing together. And now I have had it. My eyes change to hard red and my body turns hot. I bolt, running to the bicycles. And I ride home.

I can’t believe it. The woman who gave birth to me 13 years ago is sending me to a place you go once a week to discuss your problems with others. In other words, Support Group. Like what? She can’t do that to me.

Just because she knows I have hyper photographic memory she thinks that I’m always stressed and over control. Thats because my parents split up when I was 5. Now I live with my mother, and my father is on the other side of the world on a boat with some other woman and enjoying English Tea with her. Man, that sucks. And so my mother thinks that memories of my parents fighting and arguing is stressing me out. She’s not wrong. She’s the one stressing me out, with all this yakking about my social health and importance of being happy. My my.

Cookie

Uh-oh. My family thinks its good for me that I go to Support Group. My grandfather just died, and well, he was my favorite family member, so I understand, but its just gonna get more stressful for me. I really loved him, so I was glad that my last words to him were positive. Before he died, I had told him about how to make an Omelet but not use too much ketchup. After that, he gleefully headed towards the Elderly Home to tell his old friends about my recipe, and then...a truck came at him, full speed, knocked him over. Oh, how I cried. I mean, it was just last week. And we had the funeral yesterday. I had cried so much that today my family decided I should go to Support Group. I mean, I’m all up for sharing and expressing, but aren’t these strangers I’m talking to? What if they think my problem is not that bad? What if they think I’m a crybaby? Then I wont be able deal with it anymore, no.

Wish

I cut school. So what? My dad thinks cutting school is bad. I mean, I did join a gang once, but not on purpose. They bribed me with no school coupons. It was later that I realized they were fake. And all my friends are in boarding school, far away from home, having fun dining and being free. Not me. I’m just waiting for these 10 months, praying that they will be over soon. And now my dad wants me to use these 10 months by going to a group and talk about why cutting school is bad. Its not that bad, at least in my opinion.

Luke

My mother is sending me to Support Group. She thinks it will be good because I dont get out of the house enough. Thats only because there’s no adventure out there at all. Besides, she wont even let me out of the neighborhood. She says its too dangerous. How am I gonna get adventure with an overprotective parent? And what adventure will I get there? No forests, oceans. Is Support Group even an environment? God, no. Well, I do know that I am taking my backpack with me. My motto is “Always prepared, never ready.” Dont ask. It’s how I live.

Samara

“Hey everyone, so I’m Liam. I’m here to guide you through your emotions and thoughts in life. Let’s start with introductions. I can start. I’m Liam, I’m 22, and I love helping people and giving advice. My little brother has ADHD, so I can kind of relate.” Oh, boy. Just the mention of ADHD reminds me of why I’m here and what I’m dealing with. “Let’s start with you, Samara.” He says, gesturing to me. Okay.

“I’m Samara, I’m 13, and my mom thinks I have ADHD because of my photographic memory which is awesome, not to brag. My parents split up when I was 5, and i have loads of memories from that, so she thinks I’m under stress and all that.“ I say, blinking to indicate that i have finished talking. But Liam pushes. “What about you? Do you think you have ADHD?“ Uh. Tough one. “I dont know. But I do have constant mood shifts. And yeah, those memories do make my cry sometimes. Sometimes.” I say, scowling. Liam nods and gestures towards the boy next to me, wearing baggy pants and a checked shirt. A small backpack was slung over his chair, and a book was peeking out of the zipper gap. he was short, although he looked about 15. Nerdy? Geeky? Or always looking for adventure? Either way, lets just hear it.

“I’m Luke, 15 years old, almost 16, and I’m always in the house, sulking because there’s no adventure around. My mom thinks its good that I go here. You know, to get out of the house and all.“ We all nod. “Next.” Liam softly says, nodding towards a girl about my age, she looks really pretty. Wavy brown hair, green eyes, not too girly, just casual style. I wonder what could ever be wrong with her.

”I’m Wish, 14, and I cut school a lot, so my dad thinks there are a lot of things in my head. We dont talk much, my family and I. Just my friends. And once, i joined a gang without knowing it. So my dad‘s probably also worried about that.” She tells us. Liam thinks for a moment before speaking. “Why did you cut school? Do people bully you?“ Wish blinks. “Oh, no. It’s just my friends all moved to boarding school and I have to wait a year before going too, so no friends at school, and the Fact that school is boring. Thats pretty much it.” She says, nodding. Woah. Thats sad. My eyes turn a soft emerald. Liam nods slowly before pointing at the last member of our group, and she looks horrible. I bet she’s a really positive person in reality, but right now she looks horrible. Maybe someone died? “Oh, hi, I’m Cookie, 16, and my favorite family member just died. He was my grandfather.” Wow. So she doesn’t talk much. But then she surprises me. “I had just told him how to make an Omelet without using too much ketchup. He had headed towards the Elderly Home to share the recipe. But then he got run over. By a truck.” She adds. Now that is devastating. “I’m sorry.” I tell her. She looks up and smiles briefly. Nods, but doesn’t say anything. She seems slightly better now. Liam waits and then stands up from his chair. Claps his hands, tells us that was the end of our first meeting, and says he hopes to see us soon.

February 11, 2021 00:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

46 comments

Nahnahnahnah, someones not downvoting you, their upvoting you :) (Sorry I couldn't do much upvoting)

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:35 Feb 13, 2021

.......Why the hell are you so nice???❤️ TYSM now its my turnnn

Reply

Hehe <3333 i just get upset when people get downvoted for no reason hehe have a good day-and thxxxsss!💖💖💖

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:38 Feb 13, 2021

Mm ya same here. Ya, have a good day and no problem!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Angelina S.
17:47 Mar 06, 2021

OMG! I saw your video from YouTube and it was freakin good! I don't exactly know what else to say....so, well done! P.S. I am somehow, in love with your name.....Coco, how sweet? ~ Inara

Reply

Coco Longstaff
00:29 Mar 07, 2021

Haha thank you soo much! Coco, yea my mom named me after Coco Chanel😎

Reply

Angelina S.
12:04 Mar 07, 2021

Ooh, nice!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
11:53 Feb 21, 2021

2 new stories would love your feedback on it.

Reply

Coco Longstaff
12:03 Feb 21, 2021

Oh? Okii 🤗

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nancy Drayce
08:08 Feb 15, 2021

A very interesting story! The way you presented all of them through their voices was a good idea to do! And I like how you told the ending through just one's eyes. It showed us how Samara saw them all! Good job! 💙🌟

Reply

Coco Longstaff
08:13 Feb 15, 2021

That was suck a meaningful comment! Thank you so much!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:38 Feb 24, 2021

Jesus Christ coco its not suck sorry Nancy

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
12:55 Feb 11, 2021

OMG I'M AWESOME!!!!!! YAYYYYYY THANK YOU!!!!!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
03:08 Feb 12, 2021

Yaaaa sure no prob!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Hey Coco!!! Loved this concept!!! great work on all the perspectives:) Some corrections- “Why do you cute school?" - “Why did you cut school?" "We dont talk much" - We don't talk much(just watch out for the ' Great work!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
04:24 Feb 11, 2021

Oh yah thanks so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:11 Apr 09, 2021

OH MY GOSHHHH HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS UNTIL NOW?! ANYWAYS THANKS FOR INCLUDING ME LOL (FRR VERY HONORED) AND EEP DIS IS SO CREATIVE <3333

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:48 Apr 10, 2021

Hehe thx

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Antonio Jimenez
04:57 Mar 17, 2021

Hey, I'm back! Would love for you to check out my newest story, "Falling Ashes" and let me know what you think!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
12:35 Mar 17, 2021

Hi Antonio!!! Ooo sounds good ok ill be right there!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
11:17 Mar 05, 2021

I read your bio coco I love Spanish!! Have you seen Soy Luna? It’s incredible!! And I love Joshua basset and Olivia rodrigo and why don’t we haha we have a lot in common also awesome story I loved it!!! Great job 👏👏

Reply

Coco Longstaff
00:29 Mar 07, 2021

Hiii Oh no, i havent. I should watch it😎 Who do u like the most in WDW?? Thanks so much!

Reply

01:23 Mar 07, 2021

No problem Hmmm I like Jonah Marais who do you like? 😁

Reply

Coco Longstaff
02:50 Mar 07, 2021

I like Zach Herron

Reply

02:56 Mar 07, 2021

Cool

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Creed .
19:52 Feb 25, 2021

😎😎😎😎 Also, I watched your video from youtube. You have a really nice singing voice, even at that age. Love your stories!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:02 Feb 25, 2021

Hehe😎 ..........Really? Thank you so so so much! Ooo thanks I will check out some of your stories too

Reply

Creed .
23:41 Feb 25, 2021

Yeah and Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
<inactive> .
04:02 Feb 14, 2021

COCOOOO I DID YOUr VALENTINE QUIZ~~

Reply

Coco Longstaff
04:09 Feb 14, 2021

HEY THX

Reply

Coco Longstaff
04:12 Feb 14, 2021

OK Just a minute SOOO Ok, so 1. Make sure you’re comfortable, so dont pressure yourself to tell him. Buuuut make a goal like a deadline so you can tell him before the deadline. 2. Make sure he will be comfortable, so dont be all over him like a stupid dumb plastic mean girl. Smilie at him! Dont touch him tooo much. And talk to him a bit more than usual. 3. Make his friends, siblings like you!!!!! I was pressured so much into playing basketball with my crush’s brother. Ok read that and tell me if you need something in specific. I think number...

Reply

<inactive> .
04:31 Feb 14, 2021

Haha we haven’t met in a year because of quarantine and she just told me her mom thinks a girl dating a girl is ridiculous and disgusting... it isn’t her opinion but as long as she lives with her mom I won’t be able to ask her out. But that ok ig because I have a backup plan! I convinced her that we should go to the same university and she agreed so maybe I could ask her out there? I’m not even sure yet if I really like her 😳

Reply

Coco Longstaff
04:38 Feb 14, 2021

😮OMG I am really sorry I just assumed.......🥺Will U forgive me? Oh wow. I have a friend at school who is non straight. How about recommending her some books or movies that have like non straight people in it? I have a good one. It’s called Pink by Lily Wilkinson. Oh! The backup plan is goooood. Yes! Because in university, people definitely change and I think she will think girl dating girl is less ridiculous etc.

Reply

<inactive> .
04:44 Feb 14, 2021

Haha, it’s ok, I’m used to it. Like I said, it wasn’t her opinion. She thinks that being pan like how I am would be amazing because she wants to judge by personality rather than gender, which is what being pan is all about.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Coco Longstaff
04:11 Feb 14, 2021

OK Just a minute

Reply

Show 0 replies
Coco Longstaff
04:12 Feb 14, 2021

OK Just a minute SOOO Ok, so 1. Make sure you’re comfortable, so dont pressure yourself to tell him. Buuuut make a goal like a deadline so you can tell him before the deadline. 2. Make sure he will be comfortable, so dont be all over him like a stupid dumb plastic mean girl. Smilie at him! Dont touch him tooo much. And talk to him a bit more than usual. 3. Make his friends, siblings like you!!!!! I was pressured so much into playing basketball with my crush’s brother. Ok read that and tell me if you need something in specific. I think number...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
22:13 Mar 21, 2021

Hey

Reply

Show 0 replies
<inactive> .
07:51 Feb 27, 2021

AAAAAAAA COCO I ACCIDENTALLY PROPOSED TO HER- BUT I SAVED IT LAST MINUTE-

Reply

Coco Longstaff
00:27 Mar 07, 2021

WHAT??? OMG WHAT HAPPENED WHAT DID SHE....?

Reply

<inactive> .
11:09 Mar 07, 2021

SHE DIDN’T SAY ANYTHING SHE JUST SAW IT- IT WAS CHILL Major thing: she said that we argue like an old married couple- And I think I’ll just forget my feelings because I value our friendship too much... I can’t lose it :(

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Phebe Emmanuel
01:26 Feb 16, 2021

😎

Reply

Coco Longstaff
06:44 Feb 16, 2021

Oh hey thx

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Coco Longstaff
07:53 Feb 24, 2021

Hihiii OKK roger that!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.