44 comments

Funny High School Happy

This is a story 🧾 about a boy 👦, for simplicity, let us call him Boy👦. You might think🤔💭, why I am not naming him some Bill👦🏻, Sam👦🏾, Tom🤠 or Harry👓. Well, in this story🧾, the boy👦 doesn’t🚫 play an important‼ role, so his name ✏ remains Boy👦.

Where is the boy👦, you might ask me? To be true to the essence 🧪 of this story, we are not going to think about the coronavirus 🦠 and all that weirdness that is going on in this world 🌏 with the ‘omicron’ and the vaccinations💉 and the ‘new 🆕 normal’ and stuff like that. So, let’s take that Boy 👦 is in his English🔤 classroom.

The same old classroom – four walls🧱, one roof, a floor, rows and rows of desks, lot of chairs🪑🪑🪑, students 👨‍🎓👩‍🎓struggling to make through the day, and a teacher 👩‍🏫. The teacher most of the students thought would be absent because of a long weekend coming up.

The teacher 👩‍🏫 goes on explaining about the rules of grammar and common mistakes 👎to avoid🙅‍♀️. Her voice 🎙is monotonous, similar to the expressions😑 of the students. All the other students are paying attention, listening👂, some even scribbling✍ in their notebooks📓, taking notes📝. Hah! But Boy 👦is doing nothing as such. He is seated on the last bench in the corner of the room, getting little to no view of the whiteboard, and is not paying any attention in the class.

Boy 👦takes out a compass from his bag. He had fortunately remembered to bring it for his math 🔢 class, else his teacher 👩‍🏫 would have given him an outstanding 🧍‍♂️punishment😢. He takes the geometric tool and makes its use in a non-geometric way.

He scratches the hard wood of his desk with the compass. It makes a scratch. He repeats the process several times till the scratch that he created became a dent.

Moving on, he makes another scratch on the desk, this time it is a curve. He makes a horizontal line beneath the curve and highlights both of them with a few more ‘strokes’. He is finding extreme satisfaction 😆 in doing this and continues in the same way.

Suddenly, a piece of paper📄 interrupts comes between his paintbrush🖌 and the canvas🖼. The class monitor👧 is distributing worksheets again. Groaning in frustration😤, Boy 👦keeps his compass aside and starts solving the worksheet. ‘Same old editing, omission, rearranging exercises’, he thinks.

His compass lays on his desk, set aside due to the schoolwork📚. Just as Boy 👦makes the last dot on the ‘i’ℹ, the school bell🔔 rings 🎶. It is time to go home🏡, time to go back to the same routine of finding the bus 🚌, making sure no one sits on his seat💺, gossip 🗣 with friends 👦🏼👦🏽👦🏿👦🏻on his way back 🔙 and go home🏡.

The maids in the school🏫 get to work. Their real job starts now. With an old, saggy and somewhat greasy cloth, they wipe up all the desks, sighing when they see a pile of scrunched up papers in the corner of the room, near the dustbin 🚮 full of toffee🍬 wrappers.

The lights💡 go off and the school🏫 is shut🔐, all the teachers👩🏻‍🏫👨🏻‍🏫 have left and the only people around are the night guards💂🏻‍♀️💂🏻‍♂️.

The city 🌆 is quiet🤐🤫, the school🏫 is the real definition of ‘pin drop silence 📌🤏🔇’ and the only sounds 🔊 that can be heard 👂🏻 are of solitary trucks 🚛🚚 with their ‘Dhoom’ 💥 tune🎶🎵.

Boy’s desk is in the 9A classroom. The masterpiece 🖼of his boredom🥱 still visible and somewhat fresh. Unknowingly, Boy 👦 has created something new🆕. He has created a new world🌏.

The first scratch he ever made on the table resembles a squiggle to any illiterate person, but to those who know the Arabic numerals, it represented the number one, as in ‘1’ 1️⃣. The next one was similar to the number two, or ‘2’2️⃣.

Boy 👦 had not yet completed three3️⃣, but for simplicity and for the sake of our more sensitive 😊 readers📖, let’s take it as a three 3️⃣with some deficiencies. So ‘3’ 3️⃣ is our third character.

Although Boy👦 did not really make any other drawings on the table, but the world 🌏 that he had created already had characters, or rather people who looked like number four4️⃣, five 5️⃣, six6️⃣, seven 7️⃣ and so on.

In this world🌏, everything was built from squiggles, sticks and random drawings. ‘1’ was the first person🧔🏻 to ever live, kind of like Adam and Eve👫 of the Western🌎 world or the first cells 🔬of the scientific 👩🏻‍🔬👨🏻‍🔬 one.

In this world🌏, there was no thing as a child👶🏻 and an adult👨🏻👩🏻. Since this world 🌏was created by our Boy 👦, this world 🌏 was full of young people like himself.

Here, everyone had a role for themselves. ‘1’ 1️⃣was the chief 👑 and the ‘one’ who took all the important decisions. ‘2’ 2️⃣ was a bird🐤🦆🦢 and animal🐶🐷🐰🐭🐴 lover💗, so it had the life similar to that of a zoologist of the real world🌏. ‘3’3️⃣ was an expert in roller coasters 🎢 and adventure rides. He owned the adventure land 🎢🎉in the neighborhood, but himself could never go on any of the rides (he had a few deficiencies, remember🤔?).

‘4’ 4️⃣was the English 🔡 teacher👩🏻‍🏫. For it, the easiest alphabet to teach was ‘A’ 🅰as it technically looked like one. ‘5’5️⃣ was the police officer 👮🏻‍♂️🚓, sometimes straight as a ruler 📏and sometime ready to bend the rules📜 a little. ‘6’ 6️⃣ was the politician🤑 who opposed all the decisions taken by ‘1’1️⃣.

Now dear reader📖, please play an in-your-mind 🧠 drumroll 🥁 for the star 🌟⭐✨ of this world🌏, ‘7’7️⃣. ‘7’ was a gangster and a real criminal🦹‍♂️, in the eyes👀 of the people. Every other citizen of the new ‘Land’ that Boy 👦 had created was smart 😅😃 enough to keep a safe distance from ‘7’7️⃣.

‘8’ 8️⃣ was the blind👩‍🦯👨‍🦯 person who was a billionaire💵💲💰 too, showing off his wealth to others, but never really seeing it for himself. ‘9’9️⃣ was never found by any of the people there and its disappearance was a mystery🧐.

You must think to yourself, ‘Why is this writer📝✍🏻 rambling on and on about the residents of the new ‘Land’ and why is this ‘Land’ not named yet?’

All in good time, my friend, all in good time⏳.

Now you must understand the heritage and the lineage in this ‘Land’ very well, my dears. So, the children of ‘1’ 1️⃣will have ‘1’ 1️⃣ in them, and the children of ‘3’ 3️⃣will have ‘3’ 3️⃣ in them.

Confusing?

Well, take ‘345’ 3️⃣4️⃣5️⃣ for example. It is the child who has ‘3’3️⃣,’4’ 4️⃣and ‘5’5️⃣ in its blood🩸. Think of it as the decent of a human, like Boy 👦. Boy’s mother 👩🏻 is Indian and his father 👨🏻 is British-Indian. So, Boy 👦 has both British and Indian roots in him. Similarly, the people in this ‘Land’ have the ‘roots’ of all the numbers🔢 they are a part of.

The best part about this world 🌏 is that nobody asked anybody their lineage. It was all there in their names!

The people in this world🌏 were boring🥱, and by that I mean that they were BORING🥱🥱🥱. They had nothing to do all day⛅, except the single digit numbered people. The others just sat there, doing nothing, looking into the nothingness, wondering why Boy 👦 created their world🌏.

Whenever somebody with ‘7’7️⃣ in their lineage came around, everyone would start whispering and murmuring and the ‘sevens’7️⃣ 7️⃣ 7️⃣  would keep on pondering 💭of what people were saying behind their backs.

As you can read📖, the world🌏 was not important at all, but it did hold a very important mystery🧐, a secret🤫, rather.

Dear reader(s)📖, this is the part where I tell you the most important secret 🤫 of this land. The secret 🤫 reveals the mystery🧐 behind the disappearance of ‘9’ 9️⃣.

Because ‘7’7️⃣ ate🍴 ‘9’9️⃣!!!‼‼

I know, I know, this was a very lame 😒 story, but if you read 📖 it till here 👇🏻👇🏻, it means that you have fallen prey to this prank🎉😁😂! Send this story’s link 🔗 to five✋🏻 other people and tell them it is ‘fantastic’…then see their reactions😲😳. You can make this an April fool’s 😋 thing too!

Have fun🎈, laugh 😁 and make sure that you never damage school 🏫 property like Boy👦👦, else you might be the next person to become the creator of a stupid world 🌏and the bearer of the school helps’ difficulty. Also, don’t forget that the tree 🌳🌲 whose wood was cut 🪓 to make that table you damaged will never be there to give you the oxygen you need in this world 🌏 full of pollution🏭!

January 11, 2022 14:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

44 comments

Graham Kinross
00:19 Sep 26, 2022

“struggling to make through the day,” ‘struggling to make it through the day’ I like “pin drop silence,” it’s simple, everyone would know exactly what it means but I’ve not heard anyone put it like that before. Interesting world building. I’m not a big fan of addressing the reading directly “dear reader” I feel takes the reader out of the story. Again I see you have a passion for protecting nature in your message. I’m guilty of desk graffiti, not in school but in art school, so hopefully that gets a pass. I hope the bat dragon I drew on ...

Reply

Dhwani Jain
16:18 Oct 05, 2022

'Pin drop silence' is like a catchphrase for ALL the Indian teachers. We are taught/told its meaning when we are little, and it goes on till, well, I can vouch that it goes on till senior year, not sure about college though. Thanks. I have included just a tad bit of 'dear reader', I think it iNcLuDeS the reader in the story. Maybe I do! I have no idea 🤣 Ah! My friends do it a lot too, I write stuff on the desk with a pencil and erase it later.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sarah Desouza
19:30 Feb 18, 2022

Hey I like ur description of boy! Why wasn't it Guy? That would have made him a little sexy Comment on mine

Reply

Dhwani Jain
13:37 Mar 12, 2022

Thank you so much!!! 'Guy' is used more for someone older, I think. Since he was a much younger person, I used 'Boy'. Sure, which one?

Reply

Graham Kinross
23:57 Sep 25, 2022

Guy could have sounded political, like Guy Fawkes.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
16:15 Oct 05, 2022

I honestly don't know who that is....XD

Reply

Graham Kinross
21:42 Oct 05, 2022

He tried to blow up the U.K. Houses of Parliament in 1605.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
01:33 Oct 06, 2022

🤔

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Shaylynn Skinner
17:01 Feb 01, 2022

I loved it!!!!!! It was so much fun reading it with emoji's. You did do a great job writing, there was one little thing that stuck with me. I don't know if you have done this purposely, but for me as the reader when I read "So let's take the boy is in his English classroom." That was confusing. That was all though. I also like how you interact with your readers by asking them small questions......Anyways GREAT JOB! =) Can't wait to read more!

Reply

Dhwani Jain
03:21 Feb 02, 2022

Thank you so much, Shaylynn!!! See about your confusion, I'll explain that. If in math, you take LET THE ANSWER BE 'X' and then we solve the question, right? Similarly, I have said that LET'S TAKE THAT THE BOY IS IN HIS ENGLISH CLASSROOM, I am just asking the readers to assume this. Thank you again!!! I can't wait to read more of your (non-horror) stories. Also, I can't wait to read more of your reviews of my stories. =D

Reply

Shaylynn Skinner
05:52 Feb 02, 2022

Oh, I see now! Well then everything was perfect. Congratulations!

Reply

Dhwani Jain
06:06 Feb 02, 2022

XD Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
13:45 Jan 30, 2022

my table is made of plastic?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
03:22 Jan 31, 2022

Meaning? What are you trying to say> ANd well, WHO are you?

Reply

14:24 Jan 31, 2022

I am so sorry, this is Em, I'm using a different name. I didn't mean to creep you out! And you said something about tables made of wood but my table was made out of plastic so I tried to make a joke, I always forget when I change my name.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
15:35 Jan 31, 2022

XD Ok..I get it. That IS funny!!!! XD

Reply

19:54 Jan 31, 2022

Yeah

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:26 Jan 19, 2022

I really loved this story. It's super cool how you included emoji's!!!

Reply

Dhwani Jain
04:37 Jan 20, 2022

Thank you so much! It took me a lond time to add the emojis, but I had to complete the challenge given by Dierdra.... How are you? Where are you from? Thank you for following me and liking my stories!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

11:53 Jan 20, 2022

You're welcome! I'm good, you? I'm from Canada.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
13:35 Jan 20, 2022

Nice I am great!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:58 Jan 15, 2022

💥

Reply

Dhwani Jain
03:03 Jan 15, 2022

You're here!!! Write a diary entries type sorry with the MC as a middle aged billionaire. You have 3 weeks time from 15 th January, 2022.

Reply

13:46 Jan 30, 2022

Okay, I forgot the date due for mine, should I just crank it out? I'm sorry I can't find the comment :P

Reply

Dhwani Jain
03:23 Jan 31, 2022

I am a little rusty in some of the idioms..what is CRANK IT OUT? Also, Who are you?? Besides, you can always find the challenge in my bio, towards the end.

Reply

14:24 Jan 31, 2022

This is Em, that's a phrase I made, sorry. I meant write really fast.

Reply

Dhwani Jain
15:36 Jan 31, 2022

Okay, yeah you can do that. Also, when was your challenge due?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
00:40 Jan 12, 2022

XDDDD awesome story DJ I love how the real purpose (or secret rather) wasn't exposed until the very end, that was creative lol. best story yet lol very noice job :D

Reply

Dhwani Jain
02:35 Jan 12, 2022

Thanks a lot, flow!!!😊

Reply

TJ Squared
02:45 Jan 12, 2022

:D np

Reply

Dhwani Jain
03:31 Jan 12, 2022

I don't know how you loved it, or why, cause this is certainly not my best work...😅

Reply

TJ Squared
03:38 Jan 12, 2022

Lol I understand you, but I still liked it :)

Reply

Dhwani Jain
03:56 Jan 12, 2022

<3 So...who will you prank with it?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
15:04 Jan 11, 2022

This is so clever (and must have taken forever to do!!) This is my favorite line: All in good time, my friend, all in good time⏳. Well done :)

Reply

Dhwani Jain
02:39 Jan 12, 2022

Thanks Not really, i had thought of something similar ages ago and now I just edited it a bit and then added the emojis, which really took forever. Thank you for the challenge. Would you please be kind enough to read more of my stories?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.